Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? (18153 Views)

Why Do You Love God? / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / As A Christian, How Do You Love God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by EOOJ(m): 12:02am On Mar 04, 2015
missterious:
Sorry I'm bringing politics into this but this is why I shake my head at those who refuse to vote for Buhari because Jonathan is a Christian. It is absolute ignorance. It's amazing how blinding "religion" could be.

Having said that, I haven't attended church in a month because what's the point? The only thing I see there is the latest shoes & clutches. No spirituality whatsoever. People are so f*#king pretentious.

Yea I get ur point but are u goin to church to see others Or for ur self
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nimen(m): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2015
Sometimes when i read the bible i understand what the writer had in mind and some other allegorical facts it presents, now i dunno if am too intelligent (which i think am not) or that some people are soo daft that they can't understand common English,

see someone asking that if God loved soo much why would he kill his son for the world... Is the same son dead? Smh for Nigerian youths
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by indoorlove(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

Where am I headed, Mr. Kevoh? I should apologize in advance to those who think this is a Moslem vs Christian thread. No it isn't. I was born a Moslem, went to Quranic school for a long time too...Now, I am a Christian but I still don't like Religion. I just want to be human, love everyone equally and not be too religious that I lose sight of my humanity.
Now, this is me. I don't like religion a bit, but I really do not have a choice. I just want to be that that person who will take responsility for his action, love people around, and be remembered for his wonderful work on earth. Tai solarin, despite his non believing nature, inspires me more than all these religion leaders combined.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by shegs2009(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2015
I know konji to be a bastard- but
konji bastardizes humans not
spirits.
i love dat word

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by liftedberry: 12:12am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

...How do you love God but hate your neighbour?

I remember that as a Moslem child, the first thing I learned was 'decent dressing' and how I must study my Quran, recite my Tira at the Quranic school and basically learn the techniques of evading my Imam's long whip. I remember how mum got a lot of long trousers and head-covers for me as a child. Up till my formative years, I was never comfortable with wearing cloths that bare my body. It was a good start (minus that scary Quranic teacher)

I am a Christian now and I really wonder why Christians think they are actually better than people of other faiths.
Are we not all the same?
Born to thread the paths of our parents (and believe in Gods before we had a chance to make our own choices). Holding on to the faith of our parents and believing in their Gods.

Did we ever question them as to why they chose to follow 'Jesus' or 'Mohammed' or 'Buddha'
Do we really have a choice?

It's like 'Tag and follow', bound under traditions to obey our parents and do their biddings.

Well, it wasn't funny as I was practically jostled from raising my bum up in the air and hitting my head on the floor in Mosques to shouting hallelujah and dancing shokii in churches.

A young gal who swapped 'Gods' and 'faiths'

The transition albeit was a relief, I ultimately hated the rigours of going to the mosque everyday and having to pee in my pant at the thoughts of Imam's whips...
Ramadan was a war of wits, I learned at a very young age to eat my fill, drink a basin of water and then rub my lips vigorously against the coarse walls of the sitting-room, so my lips can become dry and chaffed; as expected, if one had not eaten all day.
The day my mother caught me, she couldn't help but burst into laughter ( of course, she did the same as a kid and told us about it)
I learned very fast smiley

Religion makes us cocky and confident. After all, we have the promises of a higher deity. We can not be wrong, and if we are wrong, our Gods have got our back.
A typical Christian who has not prayed in 50 years will quickly shout Blood-of-Jesus' at the sight of danger.
Of course, Jesus is supposed to be the sit-in spiritual Nanny who has nothing else to do but run in different directions in his eternal duty of attending to every Christian that screams his blood.

I once heard of a man who screamed 'Temitope Joshua' when he was attacked by armed robbers.
Bikonu, is TB Joshua an angel or a god? Or is there 'blood of Joshua' too?
The audacity of 'faith' and the diverse constrictions of the human mind.

I prefer being a Christian not cos I feel assured that the heaven they talk about is meant for Christians- mbanu!
But because I will no longer allow myself be 'pushed' into believing in anything else.
If the Bible is literature- I have found succour in it.
If Jesus Christ is a figment of someone's imaginations- then I want such an awesome 'character' to be my Lord and Savior.

If believing in God is a laughable and stupid thing to do- trust me, I have made worse decisions. This single one will not kill me.

I simply refuse to swap 'Gods' again.

But then, the simplest and purest minds I have met are those who don't believe at all. They do not have the cockiness and confidence of those with 'Gods', so they live each day conscious of their every action and kind to people they meet on their journey through life.

I read of Tai Solarin and I wonder if there is a separate heaven for people like him who do not need any God to be human and moral. People who have so much empathy and kindness, plus an intense urge to do good.
The people who do not scream 'Blood of Jesus' but give their own life-blood just to help a neighbour.
They make Christians and Moslems alike seem like nonentities.
Through their acts, we see that humans do not really need any God to help them choose between good and bad.

Being created with a working brain means we can be whatever we want to be when we choose to be. CHOICE NOT RELIGION.

People are who they are not because of their religions but because of their individuality. And what they choose to do with their beliefs.

Three years ago, I met a dude who says there's no God. He lives and breathes kindness.
And puts all my religious friends to shame cos he is a better man than they can ever dream to be.
He lives, fully aware of the consequences of his actions. He feels there's no God to safe him or wash his sins away, hence decides to live- ever ready to take full responsibilities for his actions. Lacking the misplaced cockiness of spiritual people- Touching lives with kindness and showing love that stems from knowing that he can't deceive himself about loving God when he can't even love his friends or the man-next-door.
I am glad I met him.

I can't not talk about the Christians seeing that the ones with the 'biggest bibles' are the ones with the deepest-hatred.

Some have booked space in heaven, conveniently pulling down others on their way up there. Please do not remind me that some Christians even hold the key to hell.( I shiver)

The hell-fire supervisors are the ones with the 'divine-gift' of marking some people for hell. They seem to have gotten their own visa from heaven embassy, plus Angel Michael gave them a peek into the book of life.
So, they constantly tell others-
'you will end up in hell'

My moslem brothers have been promised 72 virgins. (And a bountiful harvest at every slash of their holy swords) No wonder virgins are now scarce on earth.
I always try to read the Quran and its various translations...but i can't just deal.
Come-on, we are not that daft, we just don't want to question our 'faith'.
For fear of having our soul-threads unravelled and blown away.

The people who can think will always question their faith.
And I do NOT believe that I am better than the next man, worshipping a ram- as long as he keeps his ram out of my face and doesn't expect me to do anything with a ram asides slaughtering and cooking it (for chowing)

Some of my Christian friends feel I'm not 'born-again' if I don't go to church. Church to them is the building and the random show they put up every Sunday. Shioooor!

I should say I am not comfortable with Christianity...People have conveniently divided their hearts into compartments, they know how to slander and praise God with the same lips. They can bend for a doggy or to take communion on the same knees sad
They sing sweet melodies to the glory of God and then later wag the same tongue in gossip.

My Christian 'friends' will go from speaking in tongues to Screaming Jesu! as their boyfriends ram them from behind.

Oh yes! God is a merciful God.

But, pls Shut the fu*k up with all the pretence and stop making others feel you have a right to judge them or make them feel inadequate with the choices they have made!

Before you scream the 'blood-of-Jesus'..kindly wipe the cum and slander hanging on your lips.

Yes- he can not behold iniquity. Yet we feel so cocky that we think we have a right to feel so special despite our iniquities.

And you, when you shed blood, you must seriously think that virgins await you.
See, only spirits attain eternity- how do you intend fu*king a spirit poosie with your spirit dick!
I know konji to be a bastard- but konji bastardizes humans not spirits.

If you are Christian, what exactly separates you from people of other faiths!
God himself must be tired by now- since he has to create different heavens for different denominations.
Of course, I am not a Catholic- I do not wish to bow down to any thing 'Mary-like'
And I am not JW, those ones have a list of people making heaven already.

The Deeper lifers don't even expect you all to make heaven, heaven is not for people who wore trousers and fixed weaves on earth!
So, I wonder the kinda heaven that the Christian God will fit you all into.

Hahahahacheesy
Funny humans! We claim to love God, yet our neighbours do not deserve our love.
I wonder why we can so easily love a God that we do not see yet hate the people that we see everyday.

I can not even pretend to like religion.
But as long as I do not downgrade to being an agnostic.. I still declare and confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior smiley

I walk a path everyday to discover the essence of my humanity.
I yearn to be a better person.
To overcome hate. To love more.
To do the things that would uplift my soul.
So I can reach out to others in every way I can.

My creed is to love the people around me regardless of their religion or beliefs, before I can claim to love God..

How do you hate your neighbours so much and get divided along tribal and religion lines, yet you claim to love God...why do you cut other people down with your mouths and swords, all because you want to fight for God! My dear, use your head...If you keep fighting for the almighty, then you only prove that your brand of God is a dummy who can not fight for himself.

Love your neighbour as yourself...How dare you claim to love God when you you can not love those around you. How?

Thank you for reading, kindly visit my blog:
chesapeakesblues
Please share, leave your comments and follow my blog.

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 04, 2015
Seun:
You should be an atheist, not a Christian. That is the final destination, but it requires courage. Do you have courage? wink

The choice to be an atheist is by personal conviction , if she hasn't made that choice yet on her own nothing you or any other atheist says will amount to much. Leave her to decide on her own
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:34am On Mar 04, 2015
1) I believe I (as a Christian) serve a better God than other religious individuals because:

My God is the celestial president of the universe. His power & mercy gave room to the creation of other gods (that other religions worship). I believe He made other gods to show Us His wonders & supremacy over them & over everything that draws breath.

He don't want any Human to fight His battles or even try to help Him. uzzah tried to help Him & He ended up dead. as a matter of fact, He want Us to hand over our battles to Him. He will defend Us gallantly. unlike other gods that need the surname or mother's maiden name before they know who to strike.

He worked wonders in my life. I mean jaw dropping Wonders, instant action miracles
•••••dats Y I call Him the God of all occasions•••••• .

My sister, I was also raised in a christian home & grew up doing good & evil. (as a matter of fact, I still do good & bad things). but on a certain occasion, I had a personal encounter with the living God. an encounter that gave me a new understanding of The Great & terrible God of the universe.

I became born again, stopped bad things for a while, & walked happily in the light of my newly branded old faith.

I have rededicated & backslidden a lot of times.

But His mercy is still there for me.
He keeps giving me strength even when I fall.

these are some of the reasons I'm 100% sure that my God is different from other religions.

2) Ignore those Pharisees trying to judge U.
they are baby Christians. they will know better when they grow.

3) its advisable to pick a church while we still live in the flesh cos iron sharpen iron fellowship with brethren will help U rise Up when U are down, or bring U back to the light when U backslide. if U stand alone, who will help U up.

4) I dance anyhow I feel in the house of God.

let me stop here for now.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

She should be what she wants to be. She chooses to be a christian and that is fine.

You atheists generally think that intelligent people will become atheists. Just because she wrote an interesting piece about religion and challenging one's thinking, you assume tat she should be an atheist.

I disagree

The piece isn't as intelligent as you make it but thought provoking and factual , if I may put it so. Seun only made that suggestion because a lot of atheist started just like her , they questioned the ways and manners of religious folks , soon enough she'll start to question the authenticity of a supreme god with supposedly "supreme" powers

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 04, 2015
[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by freecocoa(f): 12:40am On Mar 04, 2015
I'm in love with you standd.

Isn't it just funny how someone(my sister actually) just coming back from spending the night with her bf, tells me "so you won't go to church today again, I just dey pity you"cheesy, I'm like, seriously me and you who go pity each other? Then she says "God know say atleast I dey try", you try when you dey already pre-plan sin, abeg comot for my front jor, then she says, "I want do 30 days fasting, I go try make I no see am(her bf) till after the fasting", come hear me laughing na, it almost drives her nuts, I dey finish them wella.

The biggest reason why I seem to lean towards agnosticism, is hypocrisy, I can't stand it, how can I know and even plan to go against the rules of the bible and then call myself a christian? The worst is even judging others, you should hear these so called christians condemn someone, you'd think they already saw the person in hell.

A friend of mine said that Rihanna and the rest will occupy the deepest/hottest part of hell, yet when she goes to the salon, she carries along with her, a CD plate of Rriri's album to show the stylist a style she wants to make, she knows and sings her(Riri's) songs like she is her back up singer, still she's sure the 'good girl gone bad' is a daughter of the devil and an usher in the church of satan.grin

Most 'religionists' are seriously deluded if you asked me.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

Exactly. You can NOT love your moslem God and hate your Christian neighbour. That is the point. How can you claim to love a God that you never seen but hate people who are with you physically.

Were you truly a moslem ? I disagree with you on this. The moslem god specifically encourages the killing of people of other faiths who do not submit to theirs , in other words , as a true moslem who loves his god he must kill people of other faiths ( including Christians ) who do not proclaim allah as the supreme being
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:47am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

Where am I headed, Mr. Kevoh? I should apologize in advance to those who think this is a Moslem vs Christian thread. No it isn't. I was born a Moslem, went to Quranic school for a long time too...Now, I am a Christian but I still don't like Religion. I just want to be human, love everyone equally and not be too religious that I lose sight of my humanity.

My sister, God is love.
The greatest commandment according to the new testament is love.
God wants us to love our neighbour remember the saying "love Ur neighbour as Ur self", it came from the bible.
God wants Us to show love to our neighbour, but we have failed in this task.

Christianity is not to blame for our failure, we are to blame.

its the flesh sis. its the evil filled flesh.

let's just try to be better Christians & hope for support from the good Lord.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 04, 2015
THANKYOU FOR YOUR POST. PLEASE YOU MUST UNDERSTAND ONE THING, IT IS FOR YOUR BETTER GOOD. SERVING GOD IS NO WAY BAD, INFACT IT IS EXCELLENT, ALL THOUGH YOU SAID THAT EARLIER, THE IDEA YOU ARE PASSING PROVES THAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS CLEARLY. HUMANS, ARE THE ONE WHO MAKE SERVING GOD AS THOUGH IT IS A THING OF CONTRADICTION AND FIGHTING. BECAUSE OF THIER SELFISH WANTS, DO NOT IN ANY WAY SAY THINGS AND GENERALIZE IT TO PEOPLE WHO SERVE ALLAH OR THEIIR RELIGION. YOU ATHIEST WOULD SOON DISCOVER THAT EVEN YOU NEED HELP FROM GOD. BEING A FREE THINKER ISN'T THE BEST, BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE HAVE FAILED MANY. GOD IS ALIVE, AND SO IS JESUS CHRIST ALL THOSE WHO POST NONSENSE DECEIVING THE HEARTS OF THE SIMPLE WOULD STAND IN AWARE ON THAT DAY. MAY GOD GRANT ALL PEOPLE WHO TRULY WANT TO SREVE HIM STRENGTH TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT, AND TRULY LOVE.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 04, 2015
Seun:
I fail to see the problem here. Are their boyfriends supposed to ram them from the front? tongue
shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:

Isn't it just funny how someone(my sister actually) just coming back from spending the night with her bf, tells me "so you won't go to church today again, I just dey pity you"cheesy, I'm like, seriously me and you who go pity each other? Then she says "God know say atleast I dey try", you try when you dey already pre-plan sin, abeg comot for my front jor, then she says, "I want do 30 days fasting, I go try make I no see am(her bf) till after the fasting", come hear me laughing na, it almost drives her nuts, I dey finish them wella.

The biggest reason why I seem to lean towards agnosticism, is hypocrisy, I can't stand it, how can I know and even plan to go against the rules of the bible and then call myself a christian? The worst is even judging others, you should hear these so called christians condemn someone, you'd think they already saw the person in hell.

A friend of mine said that Rihanna and the rest will occupy the deepest/hottest part of hell, yet when she goes to the salon, she carries along with her, a CD plate of Rriri's album to show the stylist a style she wants to make, she knows and sings her(Riri's) songs like she is her back up singer, still she's sure the 'good girl gone bad' is a daughter of the devil and an usher in the church of satan.grin

Christians fall when trying to obey the biblical way of life cos our flesh is working against the biblical way of life. but we are to keep trying, keep going to church, keep fasting & praying, keep trying to live the good christian life cos we are trying to defeat the flesh. that's all we can do sis. keep attempting to defeat the enemy.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 04, 2015
ONE THING AGAIN BEING JUST GOOD ISN'T ENOUGH MY PEOPLE. THOSE WHO CLAIM THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGION BECAUSE OF HOW MEN NOT GOD HAVE MADE IT SEEM, THINK THAT THEY CAN GET FULFILLMENT BY BEING SIMPLY GOOD, I TELL OH DEAR BROTHER AND SISTER YOU WOULD FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE NOT REALLY GOOD. WE ARE DO NEED GOD. IF YOU HAVE A HEART TO DO GOOD, BE A PART WITH GOD. HE'LL HELP US FIGHT OUR WEAKNESS. ATHEIST ARE JUST DECEIVING PEOPLE, ARE THEY NOT PEOPLE SERVING GOD FAITHFULLY WHO ARE NOT JUDGING OTHERS? WHY DO YOU MAKE IT SEEM AS IF SERVING GOD IS EVIL. IF I LIKE, LET ME DO ALL THE GOOD IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND KNOWINGLY DENY THAT THERE IS GOD, OR HUMBLY WORSHIP HIM. THE ONE WHO IS A ZILLION TIMES MORE GOOD TO PEOPLE ON EARTH WOULD JUDGE ME.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 04, 2015
FrancisTony:

It'll interest you to know that in "Jehovah Witness" heaven on earth, only 144,000people would make it. That's about 0.5% out of 100%.

P.S- Don't mistake Oyedepo's heaven on earth with JW own.

Oyedepo own is already taking place while JW witness own is on the last day.

Confusion grandeur. undecided

And ermm, Standd is a physicists not a lawyer. smiley

You misinterpreted it , 144000 from the 12 tribes of Judah ( 12000 a piece ) will ascend to heaven while the rest stay on a refurbished earth
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:

Never thought I'd see the day , freecocoa tending towards agnosticism
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 04, 2015
Seun:
I fail to see the problem here. Are their boyfriends supposed to ram them from the front? tongue

Oh wow Seun just made a cheeky comment,never saw it in you bruh.... Good to know you have a sense for humor
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by freecocoa(f): 1:14am On Mar 04, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Christians fall when trying to obey the biblical way of life cos our flesh is working against the biblical way of life. but we are to keep trying, keep going to church, keep fasting & praying, keep trying to live the good christian life cos we are trying to defeat the flesh. that's all we can do sis. keep attempting to defeat the enemy.
Very funny, you are attempting to fight when you've already given in to sin even before the temptation comes.

A young christian girl clearly knows, it is a sin to have $ex outside marriage, yet she decides to have it and then ask for forgiveness afterwards, yet you say she's trying?

A pastor knows it's a sin to steal church funds, yet with him is a list he made from home, of things he intends to use the money to purchase, this is even before the offering is collected, yet he's trying?

The bible said explicitly, to love one's neighbor as you do yourself, yet you see someone in need and because he's of a different faith than you, you treat him like a plague, yet you are trying o.

Alright, make una keep trying.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:14am On Mar 04, 2015
after examining most comments, I conclude with regards to this thread that:
Atheist are a group of judgmental ex Christians, who have chosen to stray from the Living light & go about arguing with people trying to defeat their own conscience in the internal debate it keeps bringing up about returning as prodigal kids to the waiting Shepherd.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:21am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Very funny, you are attempting to fight when you've already given in to sin even before the temptation comes.

A young christian girl clearly knows, it is a sin to have $ex outside marriage, yet she decides to have it and then ask for forgiveness afterwards, yet you say she's trying?

A pastor knows it's a sin to steal church funds, yet with him is a list he made from home, of things he intends to use the money to purchase, this is even before the offering is collected, yet he's trying?

The bible said explicitly, to love one's neighbor as you do yourself, yet you see someone in need and because he's of a different faith than you, you treat him like a plague, yet you are trying o.

Alright, make una keep trying.

Is Ur salvation based on the lifestyle of the sister next door?

Is the corrupt pastor Ur ticket to eternal life?

Y have U decided to quit the religion due to failure of the end time Christians?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Weah96: 1:23am On Mar 04, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:
after examining most comments, I conclude with regards to this thread that:
Atheist are a group of judgmental ex Christians, who have chosen to stray from the Living light & go about arguing with people trying to defeat their own conscience in the internal debate it keeps bringing up about returning as prodigal kids to the waiting Shepherd.

Some atheists were Muslims. Others were already irreligious. How did you arrive at your false conclusion that atheists are judgmental former Christians?
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by freecocoa(f): 1:26am On Mar 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Never thought I'd see the day , freecocoa tending towards agnosticism
Lol, I've always had questions, even as a child, I was one curious child, I remember how I was often told I needed to be "delivered", a couple of pastors actually laid hands and expected me to fall under the anointing, while using their fingers to spin my head, one day I told one "oga stop turning me, my head is paining me",the expression on his face was epic, my mother and I stayed up that night casting away the spirit of stubbornness as they called it.grin

On another occasion at a crusade somewhere, I told a pastor he was lying after he made some false pronouncements to/about my sister who was just there staring like a robot, I don't need to tell you what happened afterwards grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:27am On Mar 04, 2015
Weah96:

Some atheists were Muslims. Others were already irreligious. How did you arrive at your false conclusion that atheists are judgmental former Christians?

with regard to this thread bro. have U seen an ex Muslim atheist ?

if U have, then please pardon my observation skills.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:28am On Mar 04, 2015
Seun:
You should be an atheist, not a Christian. That is the final destination, but it requires courage. Do you have courage? wink
Courage to quit hope and embrace hopelessness? @op, I didn't have time to study everything i.e read, but I think you are trying to blame God for the religion of your fathers. Unlike the Quran, Bible is about God in history, endorsed by God, not everything written by inspiration, but some from historic writings, some for the wisdom in it and some like the book of Job to strengthen your faith. This books have not to them to be scientifically correct but in cases where they are written for prophesy and are supposed to have been said by God, it has to.

The long and short of this is that, faithlessness of the Jews in Jesus cannot be blamed on God, since history will speak against you. Your sins, your wrong choice of religion are to be blamed on your fathers not God. Imagine after writing laws on scrolls and turning words into song, Israelites still went after gods. Are we going to blame God? I must say I'm disappointed in someone like Seun, but i think everyone has areas where they are foolish at and shouldn't be condemned. That's why I Labour hard to find and write things that you all may not lose your faith.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Weah96: 1:39am On Mar 04, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

with regard to this thread bro. have U seen an ex Muslim atheist ?

if U have, then please pardon my observation skills.

Just off the top of my head, I can recall two famous ones, the late Sr. Obama, and that Ayaan Hirsi Ali woman who wrote the book Infidel. I've also met one or two here, but I can't recall their names.

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by freecocoa(f): 1:47am On Mar 04, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Is Ur salvation based on the lifestyle of the sister next door?

Is the corrupt pastor Ur ticket to eternal life?

Y have U decided to quit the religion due to failure of the end time Christians?
Asking questions like this, actually makes me really wonder...

Why should their actions not affect me? If I can't see any good or difference in someone who claims to know God from an armed robber, why then would I need to take the pastor seriously? As a babe in the lord, who needs to be guided in the right path, I need the actions of those who are supposedly leading me to be in line with what they sell, because they are the example I have as someone who doesn't know better.

The different denominations discriminate against themselves, so much that they boldly say "catholics worship idols", "pentecostals are criminals", "The sabbaths are ritualists", etc, abeg which one is the true path to eternal life? Remember that these denominations have doctrines guiding them, which you are to abide by if you must make heaven.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Weah96: 1:48am On Mar 04, 2015
Another former Muslim atheist.

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by akandejames: 2:06am On Mar 04, 2015
It's a pity u had a rough ride in your early days but do you even read and comprehend any of those scriptures at all.... if you do and really strive to understand the content, i am sure most of the thing you have written won't have made it in ur write up. obviously, u r confused and u need to take responsibility for your decisions. Just as you had no choice but to follow your parents while you were young, u had no choice in selecting your language, sex, nationality, skin color, etc because these features don't matter at all. they don't !!!

It reads in the Qur'an that we have been made into nations and tribes just to recognize and know one another but the best is the one who is God-fearing. Going further by the scriptures, God-fearing entails loving your neighbors like you love your self, no adultery nor fornication, no unjust killing, no slanders, no lies , being responsible member of the society etc. These instructions are both in Quran and bible so i ask you Op, does God or the Gods (as u put it) be blamed for us not following this instructions. These simple instructions are the basic tenets that strengthen the fabric of a peaceful community or society at large. We (almost all humans) have neglected everything yet we blame Religion.

Finally, never judge a religion by the actions of its followers but the content of their scriptures. Humans err and that doesn't make God unjust so be careful when you apportion blames. Thanks
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Were you truly a moslem ? I disagree with you on this. The moslem god specifically encourages the killing of people of other faiths who do not submit to theirs , in other words , as a true moslem who loves his god he must kill people of other faiths ( including Christians ) who do not proclaim allah as the supreme being
A round of applause for this guy!

Hmmm, you must have reread your statement and smiled to yourself and appraisrd how smart you sounded

I dey lie?
The peak of self delusion
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Ademusiwa1: 2:19am On Mar 04, 2015
A person can love God and hate their neighbour if their neighbour is a bad person.

God said don't have anything to do with bad people.

I have no business with bad people period. It is not a crime not to deal with bad people.

You deal with good neighbour , but bad neighbour you don't have to be scared to get rid of them. If people are real bad people. You don't need criminals in your life.

Like what does light have to do with darkness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman Becomes United Nations Peace Ambassador / Sexual Compatibility : How Can It Be Discussed In A Christian Relationship? / How To Stop Eating In Your Dreams Permanently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.