Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) (66614 Views)

4 Armoured Personnel Carriers Cars Dickson Donated To Police In Bayelsa (Photos) / Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad / Made In Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carrier: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Blackkie: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
rubbish..... Why haven't the APCs been used in combating boko haram in the north east? What's the use of the bloody APCs if the won't be used in the war-front ?

The same lie they are telling us about the "innoson-motors" is the same lie they told us about "made in Nigeria smart phones". Till date, am yet to see a single "made in Nigeria car" plying our roads. Abi are the innoson motors invincible?

They just keep lieing to Nigerians who are wallowing in the pool of gullibility. And because Nigerians(all of us) are generally lazy to conduct a simple research about the lies that are been fed to them, we just swallow everything.

You are ABSOLUTELY wrong!
My elder brother has been using INNOSON HIACE BUS for the past four years.
The vehicle is a machine. I am talking from experience having driven the vehicle from Nnewi to Owerri.
You are the danm lazy dudue get a life please.

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by aresa: 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sunday8650:

You no even get depot. Today PDP tomorrow APC next day APGA. keep marching na only you know where you are going to.

The man no get any sense of worth, belonging or identity...
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx6BE8K-ngHkvd3kFi0d1-s0E-fjBVWWYES4z-una0TSDB0XrPe1ZS3-Nwjg[/img]

Chai,

Egbon, those guys want to kill you with quotes / mentions.

You have a lot of quotes to reply including mine.

Next time don't make comments based on sentiment rather your comments should be factual.

If you want to see IVM cars, just stand at berger junction of Lagos-Ibadan exp way, believe me within one hour your eyes will be graced with that made in Nigeria masterpiece.

Twale.

5 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
Doxie69:

Guy you are on your own , in Enugu State I have seen the Innoson cars on the road ranging from their jeep to the small sedan , is also in Anambra state if you haven't seen them , it is nobody's fault except that of your two eyes.
enough of the innoson cars nonsense.. The topic is not about innoson cars but about the made in Nigeria APCs which I said is a lie. Those APCs the silly op posted are not Nigeria made. Refute what I said by showing me any made in Nigeria armoured carrier in war-torn zone like northeast or simply STFU.. Damn you folks are really silly
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Did you do geography in School? Algeria isn't anywhere near Israel. grin

And it modernised its military because of AQIM Islamic militants, and maybe France to an extent, not Israel.
You have a very myopic view of the world. Every Arab state beefed up its military heavily following the Arab-Israeli war of 1948.

6 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You have a very myopic view of the world. Every Arab state beefed up its military heavily following the Arab-Israeli war.

Lol. You're a gift that keeps on giving.

So, basically there was an Arab-Israeli war in noughties (2000s) when Algeria started modernising its military due to AQIM? - hysterical.

Just stop, Rose.

Anyway, go post pictures of the new supermarkets in Lagos. You haven't posted any for time. grin
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by kingslly(m): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
What have you produced,what innovative theory have you put forward to change your life and that of your country ? Its people like you that think the Government is an isolated body that's supposed to take care of all our needs. Lemme remind you that we are all part of our Government and voting shouldn't be our only responsibility if we want our nation to grow.
SirShymexx:

Oh, the "Giant of Africa" isn't on the same level as South Africa, no? - interesting.

How about Iran? Technologically and militarily, Iran is far ahead of South Africa - the country is an intellectual property. So, what's the excuse for celebrating mediocrity and non-achievement?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by sunnyflakes(m): 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Our millitary are now into local thanks to america hypocrisy.They should increase production and expand what they produce to small arms and APC.We shall and will overcome boko haram

#NeverAgain shall we allow a coup plotter who destroyed our democracy to contest for a democratic election
#NeverAgain shall we go backward rather than MARCHing FORWARD
#NeverAgain shall we be deceived by the numerous APC propaganda
#NeverAgain shall we lose hope in our beloved country Nigeria
#NeverAgain shall we lose faith in our military due to APC lies

Never Again!

God Bless Nigeria!
God Bless the millitary
God Bless Goodluck Jonathan

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN! #NEVERAGAIN.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:
rubbish..... Why haven't the APCs been used in combating boko haram in the north east? What's the use of the bloody APCs if the won't be used in the war-front ?

The same lie they are telling us about the "innoson-motors" is the same lie they told us about "made in Nigeria smart phones". Till date, am yet to see a single "made in Nigeria car" plying our roads. Abi are the innoson motors invincible?

They just keep lieing to Nigerians who are wallowing in the pool of gullibility. And because Nigerians(all of us) are generally lazy to conduct a simple research about the lies that are been fed to them, we just swallow everything.
FYI innoson motors exist, here in Enugu they are rampant. the Enugu state government even use their big buses for inter city transport.

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by micrep3030(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
If someone av done Dis much and some mumu r sayn rubish
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Amya(f): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

I don't derive joy from antagonising the country - I'm just a real guy and I speak the truth. See, the truth is always bitter, and it's good to give folks reality check all the time. These folks have zero expectations, and they exist in their own little world - but there are standards out there. You can't keep celebrating mediocrity, once you start doing that, you'll never achieve anything tangible in life.

If I like Nigeria or not is out of the equation. However, I do know I'm connected to the place, and I want to see it compete at the top - not at the bottom with minnows. That's a country which was meant to be the saviour of the black world - but the story of Nigeria has been a huge disappointment, and arguably the biggest bust in history.

Is the APC decent? - yes, it's and I did allude to that. Is it worth celebrating as an achievement? - absolutely not. However, I'm just questioning why they didn't deploy them to the front-line since they're readily accessible in the country. Why should a proper military be driving Hilux trucks everywhere, when they've got APCs assembled in the country? - it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Malcolm X defined patriotism as: “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.” I think a lot of you need to learn from this quote.

You do know that to "compete" with those countries at the top, we have to start from somewhere. Previous governments have done nothing to harness our production capacity. The present government is doing it. If you're expecting to wake up from terrible to magnificent, you're in delusion then. It has to go from terrible- not so terrible- mediocre- above mediocre good and finally magnificent. We will get there someday. Generally I'm more of a realist than an optimist so I'm not hinging my bets on good faith and optimism, but rather on what I see on ground.

I'll play my part (no matter how little) in making my country the envy of nations. I'll never soil my hands in corrupt practices and sensitize people around me on the need to not involve involve themselves in corruption which is the root cause of Nigeria's problem. It may be slow, but we'll surely get there.

To the reason why our army still drive around in hilux vehicles rather than APC's, that I'm not privy to. Whatever the reason though, I trust it's for the good of the nation and her citizenry.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by deaborfaty(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
9ja getting there with time we will be @ the top
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. You're a gift that keeps on giving.

So, basically there was an Arab-Israeli war in noughties (2000s) when Algeria started modernising its military due to AQIM? - hysterical.

Just stop, Rose.

Anyway, go post pictures of the new supermarkets in Lagos. You haven't posted any for time. grin
Dunce...the Arab-Israeli conflict of 1948, not "2000s", plus Israeli collaboration with France against Algeria in the 1950s all led to the latter developing its military in line with the threats it faced.

5 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Dunce...the Arab-Israeli conflict of 1948, not "2000s", plus Israeli collaboration with France against Algeria in the 1950s all led to the latter developing its military in line with the threats it faced.

Rose-the-dyke, so in ya obtuse and blinkered mind, there is a correlation between Algeria's modernisation of its military in the noughties due to threats from AQIM - and whatever happened in the 1950s, no? grin

You're as confused as ya sexuality. Just shut ya gob!
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by ohenhen1: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
We need to start exporting this to countries like Ghana.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by kingslly(m): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Am sure you were trynna say "anyone who engineered the removal of Ihejirika doesnt have the good of nigeria at heart".. Ihejirika was due for retirement that was why hr left.
centje:
As at 2013, I saw these vehicles at Sani Abacha Baracks, Asokoro.
Who ever engineered the removal of Ihejirika does have the good of Nigeria at heart.

The Igirigi APC is the Nigerian Army's locally manufactured armoured personnel carrier.

Designed and manufactured by the army Corps of Engineers, the APC was first introduced to the media during the 2012 Nigeria Army Day celebrations (NADCEL). While actual specs of the vehicle are still undisclosed, observers noted the remote control weapons station, and its IED deflecting V shaped hull.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika,said the local production of APC had saved the nation at least 30 per cent of the cost of the foreign version and that the unveiling of the APC was part of the ongoing reform in the military and in line with the transformation agenda of the Jonathan administration.[1]

In 2013, during events to mark the 150th year anniversary of the Nigeria Army, A desert camouflaged Igirigi with a 20mm gun led the parade of vehicles drawn up from various formations in the country at the Armed Forces review, which took place at Abuja.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igirigi_APC
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Amya:

You do know that to "compete" with those countries at the top, we have to start from somewhere. Previous governments have done nothing to harness our production capacity. The present government is doing it. If you're expecting to wake up from terrible to magnificent, you're in delusion then. It has to go from terrible- not so terrible- mediocre- above mediocre good and finally magnificent. We will get there someday. Generally I'm more of a realist than an optimist so I'm not hinging my bets on good faith and optimism, but rather on what I see on ground.

I'll play my part (no matter how little) in making my country the envy of nations. I'll never soil my hands in corrupt practices and sensitize people around me on the need to not involve involve themselves in corruption which is the root cause of Nigeria's problem. It may be slow, but we'll surely get there.

To the reason why our army still drive around in hilux vehicles rather than APC's, that I'm not privy to. Whatever the reason though, I trust it's for the good of the nation and her citizenry.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

I don't want to get into the politics, and make this thread a political one. Let's leave it in the militarily context. However, I'll say this government has to be the worst one I've ever observed. The only thing it's doing is extreme corruption - and basically the total destruction of the structures in the country. I'll leave there.

To start from somewhere, you've to start with institutions, infrastructures, and the economy. However, Nigeria hasn't started anything - it's still in the doldrums. If you were a realist, you'd know that by now.

Also, take a look at the number of innocent folks that have died in the Boko Haram saga and all the suicide bombings - and correlate it with the lackadaisical approach they have taken thus far in combating it. That alone should give you a clearer picture of where the country is right now. It took a small country like Chad to get involved, for them to make tangible progress.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by valdykes(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
if u have not seen INNOSON buses,cars or hilux on the road then you must be one of those that feel that Nigeria is beyond redemption.
kastonkastrol:

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by chubby98: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

U r obviously a lazy dude
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

I don't want to get into the politics, and make this thread a political one. Let's leave it in the militarily context. However, I'll say this government has to be the worst one I've ever observed. The only thing it's doing is extreme corruption - and basically the total destruction of the structures in the country. I'll leave there.

To start from somewhere, you've to start with institutions, infrastructures, and the economy. However, Nigeria hasn't started anything - it's still in the doldrums. If you were a realist, you'd know that by now.

Also, take a look at the number of innocent folks that have died in the Boko Haram saga and all the suicide bombings - and correlate it with the lackadaisical approach they have taken thus far in combating it. That alone should give you a clearer picture of where the country is right now. It took a small country like Chad to get involved, for them to make tangible progress.
I don't blame you was Nigeria not trying to buy weapons from Western sources but were shunned? Do you know how much US and Russia spend on the weapons program? Do you know the state of the Nigerian arm forces before he came on board as President? It was not until the elections were postponed that other countries including China, France and USA got involved in the fight. Why do you London people insist on putting Tinubu in power while you will not suffer it abroad?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SergeAlain: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
Thank God the elections will soon come and go. Irrespective of who wins, then we can start thinking like on Country Again.

Your country, a Country that before now hardly produced a pin (militarily speaking), now produces within a 4 year span an APC (by the way the Igirigi is active in the North East, in fact some of the pix above are from the North East), Naval patrol vessels, a basic drone aircraft and yet it gives you no joy. Simply because Jonathan is your enemy and must be discredited.

To do that you run down the military and all their achievements, virtually celebrate the mindless terrorists at war with your country. Whether you know it or not you are bringing down your country and even if the messiah (GMB) came after may 29, this precedent you have set here will be difficult to stop or reverse.

My brother let us celebrate successes and humble beginnings together. It does not stop you voting for anyone you want if you feel GEJ has not done enough.

And for those shouting that we should be building space crafts and submarines, ask yourself how the parents whose child finally starts crawling at the age of 3 should react? Should they encourage the child? or respond by saying Olodo!!! Na now you dey crawl, see all your mates don dey run sef!!!

Let us be wise please. The elections will come and go! We cannot run down our Country just to gain political points, it is an expensive experiment.

kastonkastrol:

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by pappykay6666(m): 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Do you know you can actually get comfort and prestige at a very cheaper rate. Instead of jumping from one painted taxi to another you can actually hire our 2014 brand new fleet of cars for N 1,500(one thousand five hundred naira) within Abuja city centre

Cars available
1. 2 pieces of Hyundai sonata 2014 models
2. 2 pieces of Toyota Corolla 2014 models
3. 1 Hyundai bus.

Note: our airport pick up goes for N 5,000
Our airport drop off goes for N 4,000

Pls contact Kay for more info.
Whatsapp mobile : 09039360928
Mobile number. : 08090999020
Black berry pin. : 2BA6D672

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
[s]
biafranqueen:
I don't blame you was Nigeria not trying to buy weapons from Western sources but were shunned? Do you know how much US and Russia spend on the weapons program? Do you know the state of the Nigerian arm forces before he came on board as President? It was not until the elections were postponed that other countries including China, France and USA got involved in the fight. Why do you London people insist on putting Tinubu in power while you will not suffer it abroad?
[/s]

Woman, for the umpteenth time: stop quoting my posts on this forum. I already told you several times. I don't want to read whatever you have to say - everything about you is toxic. And your IQ is too low.

Just do that and stay away from my mentions.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Amya(f): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

Are you based in Nigeria? No? Then we shouldn't be having this argument then. Your entire argument is based on hearsays and conjecture. I live it.

Good day!

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Amya:

Are you based in Nigeria? No? Then we shouldn't be having this argument then. Your entire argument is based on hearsays and conjecture. I live it.

Good day!

There's a difference between existing somewhere and having the experience. From ya retorts, I don't know if you're feigning ignorance or have been conditioned with a thought process that's synonymous with Stockholm Syndrome - it shows you don't know what the experience is like. The world is a global village right now, and I don't need to live there, or step a foot there - to know what the country is like. Just mere observation would give you a perfect picture.

If the were decent, folks won't be queuing up for food to vote. Boko Haram wouldn't be operating with impunity. The level of intellectualism on this forum, which represents the "educated class" of Nigerians wouldn't be as piss-poor as it's. Poverty wouldn't be rife there, with basically no infrastructures whatsoever etc... These aren't conjectures - they're the reality of Nigeria/Nigerians.

Anyway, nice chatting to you - I just gave you Prime Time.. grin

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by SirShymexx: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
rickkid:

https://beegeagle./2015/02/23/nigerian-army-field-imagery-more-made-in-nigeria-igirigi-apcs-deployed-for-battle/

Now please shut up.

Kid, I don't have ya time. Ya boss and role model, "Rossike", just got his dosage.

Go play with ya mates in the park.
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by iwatchandlisten(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

Innoson vehicles are real my dear. I have seen the car live...several companies and schools in PH use IVM buses as staff and school buses. Their jeeps and 'hilux' vehicles are also plying Nigerian roads, as well as their hummer buses that some transport companies now prefer. Soon you'll see the vehicles, don't worry.

1 Like

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Machiny: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

. I have seen one of the car's produced by innoson motors in port harcourt.With time nigerians wld build confidence
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
SirShymexx:

I am an inbred mongrel half breed and I hate Nigeria because I wish I was from there.

I post pages of dishonest, waffling rubbish on Nairaland for a living and I resort to insults when confronted with the truth. Check this out to see how much of a pathetic liar I am: https://beegeagle./2015/02/23/nigerian-army-field-imagery-more-made-in-nigeria-igirigi-apcs-deployed-for-battle/
Don't waste your time reading my comments. I am a worthless dog who is biologically incapable of seeing the truth even if it slaps me. Blame it on my ragged white trash hussy of a mother. I hate myself so much sad

2 Likes

Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by gemick(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
[quote author=kastonkastrol post=31198811]rubbish..... Why haven't the APCs been used in combating boko haram in the north east? What's the use of the bloody APCs if the won't be used in the war-front ?

They just keep lieing to Nigerians who are wallowing in the pool of gullibility. And because Nigerians(all of us) are generally lazy to conduct a simple research about the lies that are been fed to them, we just swallow everything

Bros are u in dis country, i travelled from kogi state t lagos today and i saw one IVM beautiful truck, and dis will be the fourth time i'm seeing an IVM product, 1st it was an SUV I av seen buses even Chisco uses IVM coaster looking bus, don't be too bitter not to verify your fact.......
Re: Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
kastonkastrol:

dude, do some research before spewing rubbish. your ignorance is making me shed tears. i pity your generation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore's Injured Face (Photo) / Pictures And Videos Of Daniel Amokachi In An APC Branded Rolls Royce / Protest Begins In Kano As Nigerians March Against Hardship Under Tinubu’s Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.