Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,214 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! (6995 Views)

PMB Will Not Hand Over To Igbo The Way North Stupidly Handed Over To GEJ- Junaid / President Buhari's Double Standard Syndrome. By Reno Omokiri / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by lilflipnerd: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Major General. Muhammadu Buhari held Many Posts in Nigerian Army ie Minister, Governor and head of state.
It would be very bad of the Nigerian military institution to give an officer position of representation without required qualifications.

This Certificate issue could even bring Nigeria into the Mud.
I expected Nigerian Army to have defended GMB and has the propaganda to Stop unfortunately they are politicised.

I expect the General should allow Cambridge release a letter of confirmation of result and this Propanganda should stop abeg.
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Killimado: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
[s]
EUROBOMBER:

How does your comment address all the points I raised about the yoruba? Is this your best short at rebuttal? I smh.
[/s]

Yeeboes are any government in power. Yes or NO? Even the yeeboes ignore there local god Oju-iku (of cursed memory) when he contested for elections. Lets continue doing the tribal thing, we will see who will regret it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by jaysniggs: 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Please address the points I raised on this topic or move somewhere else.

Your topic is not approachable because it already potrays you as bigot.
Forget this tribe whatever
Those you are speaking for don't hate themselves is FFK an Igbo man or Fasyose is from the middle belt?
Maybe Mu-azu is an Ijaw man. Or Rochas and Rotimi are Yoruba men?
So what's your headache?
These folks don't care
This election is between 2 set of Nigerians
1)Those who have tried to take this nation forward
2) Those who present a better chance of developing this nation.

Just let the people decide.

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Killimado: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
EbukaFran:
Useless thread by a useless OP

Go and concentrate on issues such as baby factories, cannibalism etc

NO. Lets encourage them to continue, more Yorubas are joining nairaland daily to see the trash they write about them. We have to help them continue so the election can go along tribal lines. Yeeboes are any government in Power, they will support anyone when they see CASH.

4 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by MayorofLagos(m): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You are pretending not to understand my question because you have no answer to give. Why are you not giving buhari the Stella Odua treatment?

Ibos sulk (and sucs!) at every opportunity.

Face your reality and stop all these fifth column abstracts.

Buhari is not Ibo.
Ibo is not on the national landscape.
Jonathan is not Ibo.
Yoruba does not owe you apology on its acceptance of Obasanjo over Buhari,.
Yoruba had the civic right to demand accountability from a cabinet minister known for wasting resources and lives in the airspace.
Constitutionally, Buhari is qualified, WASC or no WASC.

Above all, tell Ohanaeze to stop subordinating Ibo to other ethnic hroups. They told Ibos to step down for Obj, they repeated same bs this time and made your politicians step down for Jonathan, This should be your crusade, not Buhari's WASC.

5 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Ibos sulk (and sucs!) at every opportunity.

Face your reality and stop all these fifth column abstracts.

Buhari is not Ibo.
Ibo is not on the national landscape.
Jonathan is not Ibo.
Yoruba does not owe you apology on its acceptance of Obasanjo over Buhari,.
Yoruba had the civic right to demand accountability from a cabinet minister known for wasting resources and lives in the airspace.
Constitutionally, Buhari is qualified, WASC or no WASC.

Above all, tell Ohanaeze to stop subordinating Ibo to other ethnic hroups. They told Ibos to step down for Obj, they repeated same bs this time and made your politicians step down for Jonathan, This should be your crusade, not Buhari's WASC.

This is your hypocrisy which I am trying to point out to you and thank God you know its true. wink This is the essence of the thread. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by EbukaFran: 12:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s]This is your hypocrisy which I am trying to point out to you and thank God you know its true. wink This is the essence of the thread. smiley[/s]

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Killimado:

[s]NO. Lets encourage them to continue, more Yorubas are joining nairaland daily to see the trash they write about them. We have to help them continue so the election can go along tribal lines. Yeeboes are any government in Power, they will support anyone when they see CASH[/s].

Get lost abegi, We must share yoruba votes whether you like it or not. The mathematics is there and the sharing formula is complete. Help your self. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by jaysniggs: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
shikaan:
word sir!!! that is what i call SICKNESS that level of hypocrisy is what is killing this country... you hate stella oduah buh you love tinubu & his grandpa godson.... what a people!!!!!

What are you saying?
Stella was involved in a scandal and she was relieved off her duty.
During Obasanjo's regime he saw that two of his tribesmen were impeached for looting.
Why do you wanna kill yourself because of culture?
Please think.
If you ask me, Lagos was built under Tinubu
And he handed over to someone he trusted and his people trusted him also, which gave him 2 terms in office.
Tinubu is no saint, but he remains a strong democrat, a devoted one at that.
When his mates were getting juicy positions from Abacha he refused them.
When Obasanjo refused to give Lagos its state allocation for about 2 years he lived and so did Lagos did. He further went ahead to create more LGAs for Lagos state and continued funding them.
Whatever issue you have with him, you should sit down and rethink.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=EbukaFran post=31226217][/quote]

None of you have been able to provide any reasonable rebuttal.

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Tobbie9(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
Most ibos are also voting for Jonathan cos he's their brother and nothing more, most Nigerian voters are sentimental so spare us the BS

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by MayorofLagos(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

This is your hypocrisy which I am trying to point out to you and thank God you know its true. wink This is the essence of the thread. smiley

What is WASC?
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
Killimado:
[s][/s]

Yeeboes are any government in power. Yes or NO? Even the yeeboes ignore there local god Oju-iku (of cursed memory) when he contested for elections. Lets continue doing the tribal thing, we will see who will regret it.

what of awolowo of rat poison memory. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tobbie9:
Most ibos are also voting for Jonathan cos he's their brother and nothing more, most Nigerian voters are sentimental so spare us the BS

Jonathan is not Igbo, he is Ijaw. What did you eat for breakfast?
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Killimado: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

what of awolowo of rat poison memory. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is Oju-Iku of cursed memory on his way to Abidjan. The coward general of the federation cool

5 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Killimado: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
[s]
EUROBOMBER:

Get lost abegi, We must share yoruba votes whether you like it or not. The mathematics is there and the sharing formula is complete. Help your self. tongue tongue
[/s]

Sharing formula of what? You are all AGIP so we all know your ways, i remember Daniel Kanu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
Killimado:

This is Oju-Iku of cursed memory on his way to Abidjan. The coward general of the federation cool

grin grin grin You want to derail this beautiful thread so that it will be moved to the trash can? I will not battle you here. This beautiful thread must stay here for all to see. smiley

I will deal with your somewhere else not on this beautiful thread about the yoruba "sophistication" cool

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Oluwabengz(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
If Cambridge has said they can't react to the issue of his certificate without Buhari's permission, doesn't it mean he(Buhari) actually have a certificate with them

I just need some clarification on this, tnks to y'all.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by patrick89(m): 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
oduastates:
Education goes beyond learning stuffs by rote(cramming )
Education goes beyond stuffing textbooks into your head.
Many things are not taught within the 4 walls of a school.like morals, values and habits.
Right from home , our forefathers were taught words and opposite and other traditional stuff, which aided their critical thinking processes . That is even before western education came into our land. With the traditional upbringing, also comes civic education, respect for social and economic justice.
Now these qualities are printed deep into the soul of every omoluabi.
Now let us start taking apart.
Buhari definitely had some form of Western education or the other. That we know. Jonathan also had one.
However, while buhari might not have been the first class student, Jonathan is definitely not as educated as buhari.
His first degree and PhD are suspect.
His values and morales are twisted.
The crowd he moves around with , is the window through which his every actions, world view and character can be viewed.
Buhari is far more grounded and would wield the unitary power of the state far better than Jonathan.
You have to go back in history to understand the civic consciousness of omoluabis.
It is safe to say that our monarchical democracy was and is still Far more superior than the rubbish being practiced in Nigeria today.
We've had had tyrants before as kings and those tyrants were given the bird(commit suicide or die by hanging).
Jonathan's government is a tyrannical and government in a way, Obasanjo ( a former dictator) was not.
Behaviours like :
1 preventing aeroplane from landing
2 stifling the press
3 seizing newspapers
4 reducing federal institutions into personal freedom.
5 using the military to harass opponents
6 allowing the boko haram problem to fester
7 reducing Nigeria to the button of international joke.
8 rampant federal corruption
9 use of religion and ethnicity to divide the people
10 running an insensitive government.
11 lack of leadership.
12 a destroyed economy.
what have Lagos state house of assembly, and punch said on Buhari's certificate? They were vocal in criticising Stella odua!

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
patrick89:
what have Lagos state house of assembly, and punch said on Buhari's certificate? They were vocal in criticising Stella odua!

please helep me ask am o cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by EbukaFran: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s] grin grin grin You want to derail this beautiful thread so that it will be moved to the trash can? I will not battle you here. This beautiful thread must stay here for all to see. smiley

I will deal with your somewhere else not on this beautiful thread about the yoruba "sophistication" cool[/s]

u are mad

go and deal with baby factory in aba

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Killimado: 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
[s]
EUROBOMBER:

grin grin grin You want to derail this beautiful thread so that it will be moved to the trash can? I will not battle you here. This beautiful thread must stay here for all to see. smiley

I will deal with your somewhere else not on this beautiful thread about the yoruba "sophistication" cool
[/s]

Go and deal with your father first, see this little boy talking about dealing with me. I laugh, you are just a nobody and nothing on this thread than normal yeebhoe moaning and crying. You never see anything.... Even Oju-iku the bearded criminal in hell will shake his large head when we are through with you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
EbukaFran:

[s]u are mad

go and deal with baby factory in aba[/s]

We will meet again grin grin grin grin
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
Killimado:
[s][/s]

[s]Go and deal with your father first, see this little boy talking about dealing with me. I laugh, you are just a nobody and nothing on this thread than normal yeebhoe moaning and crying. You never see anything.... Even Oju-iku the bearded criminal in hell will shake his large head when we are through with you[/s].

Scatteboss, I will deal with you on another thread. grin grin grin grin
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
Some goats are trying to derail this lovely thread but here is my message again. I am still waiting for a reasonable rebuttal. grin grin grin grin

I am very surprised that the yorubas are not shouting on top of their voices for buhari to produce his original WASC or at least a certified-true-copy. These same yorubas were shouting at the top of their voices when Stella Odua was minister of Aviation and almost caused an earthquake in this country with their shouting. They were on the dailies, on radio, Nairaland and other social network demanding thorough probe and for Stella Odua to be removed from office.

How come these same yorubas are not shouting on top of their voices and raising hell for buhari to produce his WASC which he swore that he has? Let us assume that buhari actually got his WASC and somehow lost it maybe when handing it over to the military or any other way, fine and accepted. Now Cambridge has come out boldly to say that they will respond to this issue only at the request of buhari. Why is it that the yorubas that were shouting Stella must go not also shouting that buhari should contact Cambridge and clear the air once and for all especially as he is gunning for the highest office in the land?

Buhari even went to the UK recently to address a press conference, why did the yorubas not shout and ask him to stop by at Cambridge and collect at least a certified-true-copy of his WASC? Why?

This thread is not about whether buhari has his WASC or not but to show the whole world the double standard of the yoruba in this country. If buhari had been an Igbo man, I can bet my last naira that the yorubas would have brought down heaven shouting 'Where is your WASC!' Alas, they are shouting 'Sai buhari' not because they love buhari but because of the their son Osibanjo.

yorubas claim to be sophisticated but at the end of the day, what matters to them is "oma wa ni." Whatever the hell that means.

These yorubas shouting "Buhari, Buhari" voted massively for Obasanjo their son when he contested against the same Buhari who they now call the Messiah. Pray tell, are these yorubas saying that Obasanjo is a better choice to Buhari? If they see Obasanjo as better than Buhari how is it that Buhari has suddenly become the best man to rule Nigeria? If Obasanjo is considered better than Buhari then Buhari is not worth it.

We all know they voted massively for Obasanjo because he is their son and nothing more. That is how our self-acclaimed sophisticated yorubas reason and behave.

Sophisticated my foot!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by saintopus(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
OP Good thinking!!! Good product!!!!
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by shineeye: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
This election is an eye opener to eastern region of nigeria even now yoruba vote is divided let see how only 4 states in SW can win them a VP slot...the truth is that a coup plotter such as buhari rule by force during the military regime thereby scuttling democracy regime in this country...apart from IBB era,he had been in govt he was in-charge of PTF funds which he spent without being question and accounted for yet he said abacha didn't loot..you have not think for one day how he financed his campaign as independent candidate since 1999 whom you adjudge a poor man to have survived and bankrolled its campaign all these while, he would have been richer than the FGN that wears neither shoe nor cloth, but spends money in trillions.

yorubas knows the truth but due to osibanjo VP slot they will turn a blind eye and support a half illiterate buhari over an intelligent nigerians black sheep of nigerians that is yoruba people

5 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
saintopus:
OP Good thinking!!! Good product!!!!

Thank you. smiley
Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
shineeye:
This election is an eye opener to eastern region of nigeria even now yoruba vote is divided let see how only 4 states in SW can win them a VP slot...the truth is that a coup plotter such as buhari rule by force during the military regime thereby scuttling democracy regime in this country...apart from IBB era,he had been in govt he was in-charge of PTF funds which he spent without being question and accounted for yet he said abacha didn't loot..you have not think for one day how he financed he campaign as independent candidate since 1999 whom you adjudge a poor man to have survived and bankrolled its campaign all these while, he would have been richer than the FGN that wears neither shoe nor cloth, but spends money in trillions.

yorubas know the truth but due to osibanjo VP slot they will turn a blind eye and support a half illiterate buhari over an intelligent nigerians black sheep of nigerians that is yoruba people

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Scatterboss(m): 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Scatteboss, I will deal with you on another thread. grin grin grin grin

Please, dont ever involve me in your tribal show of shame. I will report you to the mod next time.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by SomebodyLovesMe: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Bunch of hypocrites! Igbo is not your issue but if buhari had been an Igbo man, all of you would have been everywhere shouting that he MUST produce his certificate. That is when you will remember constitution and all that. Look at your son falana, he has been silent all through this certificate issue only to come out telling us that Afenifere should stop deceiving the people. Why has he not demanded for buhari's WASC? Is it because buhari is fulani and not Igbo

The reality is this: Yorubas vote primarily based on ability, for whoever they think can deliver the best. Yorubas aren't all about tribal sentiment. Yorubas voted GEJ in, in 2011.

If Buhari were Igbo, Yorubas may not vote for him and not out of tribal sentiments, but because there is (with all due respect) a perception that Igbos are inward looking and cannot be trusted with power (i.e. they would try to corner everything for their own tribe). if not for this perception, Yorubas would most likely vote an Igbo man in, as long as he they thought he had the ability.

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Scatterboss:

Please, dont ever involve me in your tribal show of shame. I will report you to the mod next time.

Thanks.

I smh. You are the owner of all these handles trying to battle me here and I know it. I know you have several handles on Nairaland and I am beginning to understand and detect them. Stop lying and come out clean.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Final Legacy Of Obafemi Awolowo / See Pics Of A Prison In Norway Where Prisoners Live Like Kings. / Dear Deji Adeyanju, Stop Deceiving Yourself, You Were Part Of The Old Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.