Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Relationship Between AA And SS - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Between AA And SS (40179 Views)

Are AA women really scarce? / She Lied To Me She' AA ....and I'm Caught Up In Sex / Still On Marriage And Genotypes AA/AS/ Ss...why?pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
NLSince:
Hey Guys,

I'm in a fix right now. I created this account to seek advice about my current situation. I have seen some very good and some not-so-good advice being dished out here. I really hope I get more of the former.

So there's this lady who I'm interested in dating. infact, I was about to ask her out yesterday when one thing led to another and she told me she was SS.

Here's a little background to this:
1. I consider myself a good guy. I'm not a player and I can't date you if I don't see us heading to the aisle. I have been in relationships before which have ended but I don't date with the intention of ending it.
2. Because of Number 1, I don't just ask out anyone. I start by being friends and then if I see a future, I'll then take it forward else we mutually friendzone ourselves. I'm different, Bite me.
3. This Lady ticks most of the boxes I think is important. And I actually believe(d) that this would be my Last Bus stop. However, I don't want to get a wife who'll leave me soon.
4. I'm AA

I'll be grateful if you guys help me with answers to this:
a) Should I go on with this? or should I free her? or go against everything I believe in and break off the relationship once her next crises comes. (OMG, that's brutal. I'm cringing just writing that)
b) I know if we have kids, they'll be AS. What chances of survival does she have? at least to get up until 70. She's 25 right now.

Searching for a wife is hard. I really don't want to lose a good one (If I don't have to) and start searching again.

cc: MizmyColi, Kachisbarbie, Xiadnat, PickaBeau1, MatthewBriggs

@poster,do you reside in Portharcourt?Just asking no offence.....
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

MR DOCTOR,Ive seen a grandma of 75 that had 5 kids. Grandma is SS.
what sort of a doctor are you? realist my foot!!!
so sicklers are not entitled to live a good life?
whats ur challenge in this? if the ops question was as stated in ur post above,i wouldnt advise him to go ahead . cos definitely they would have ss as kids
but for goodness sake, hes AA and marrying an SS does not make them liable to aving SS kids.
wake up doc!!!
Lol maybe people get me wrong. This is exactly reasoning behind "i have seen mentality" bros visit any tertiary medical facilities and see a sickler in crisis then maybe you'd change your mind and know that you've been seeing miracles(although i highly doubt your 75 grandma story seeing that medical advances weren't available then) but lets say its possible. Its a miracle if a pastor heals one because he/she has faith but you won't inquire about the thousands of failed healings but you'd be singing that one praise. See all it takes is one crisis and you'd be a believe. I didnt say that some don't survive above their life expectancy but that life expectancy is there for a reason. But like I said some like living dangerously behind love conquers all and hope. Who am i to tell you what to do with your life. Am even sure the OP parents will advice him further. If hes up to the challenge then good luck but you people shouldn't come here and make it look like a walk in the park
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Laredojohn(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Osihgen:
For her to survive till 25, she can live very long, many SS dont live upto 25
Dats not a point, it's only God. Have a cousin who died @40 plus, only God sustains those with SS, because this cousin of mine has the. Best medical care living in the UK, age isn't a factor to survival, only God
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Osihgen:
For her to survive till 25, she can live very long, many SS dont live upto 25
pls dnt decive him...gettin up to 25 is ok bt d chance of survival after 25 is vry low specially time of givin birth, dats wer d problem is cos her immune cant carry full pregnancy xcept shes operated on prematurely which is alwys dficult for both mother & child.
my advice to d guy is sacrifice for her sake to know if she can av a baby b4 her time is up bt its alwys dficult,d girl mite probably need him now snc hes AA....love is abt sacrifice.

i just thank God my parent are nt carrier...i alwys av pity on sickle cell people.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Laredojohn:

Dats not a point, it's only God. Have a cousin who died @40 plus, only God sustains those with SS, because this cousin of mine has the. Best medical care living in the UK, age isn't a factor to survival, only God
Another realist
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by somegirl1: 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
richol:
pray to GOD....cos ive seen cases that the aa marrying ss nd all the children are ss

The SS partner has some explaining to do.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Namzy:

Lol maybe people get me wrong. This is exactly reasoning behind "i have seen mentality" bros visit any tertiary medical facilities and see a sickler in crisis then maybe you'd change your mind and know that you've been seeing miracles(although i highly doubt your 75 grandma story seeing that medical advances weren't available then) but lets say its possible. Its a miracle if a pastor heals one because he/she has faith but you won't inquire about the thousands of failed healings but you'd be singing that one praise. See all it takes is one crisis and you'd be a believe. I didnt say that some don't survive above their life expectancy but that life expectancy is there for a reason. But like I said some like living dangerously behind love conquers all and hope. Who am i to tell you what to do with your life. Am even sure the OP parents will advice him further. If hes up to the challenge then good luck but you people shouldn't come here and make it look like a walk in the park
im shocked a doctor is talking like this.
failed healing accepted. we have pple that dont belive in God and they are SS and well alive.
if i may ask, whats the average life expectancy of a Nigerian?
pls its doctors like you that kills their patient with news of a disease before the said disease manifests itself.
sicklers have crisis no doubt, but when educated as to how to handle their situations their survival chances increases.
you sound so much like a doctor that told my SS friend that shes pregnant and the chance is high she might not come out of it alive.
"even if" there are better ways of saying such. the news alone is enough to kill.
OP, follow ur heart, not an apprentice doctor.smhhh...

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

pls dnt decive him...gettin up to 25 is ok bt d chance of survival after 25 is vry low specially time of givin birth, dats wer d problem is cos her immune cant carry full pregnancy xcept shes operated on prematurely which is alwys dficult for both mother & child.
my advice to d guy is sacrifice for her sake to know if she can av a baby b4 her time is up bt its alwys dficult,d girl mite probably need him now snc hes AA....love is abt sacrifice.

i just thank God my parent are nt carrier...i alwys av pity on sickle cell people.

Where were you guys when peeps were busing chewing me up for saying the hard truth
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Laredojohn:

People die everyday, is it because your cousin died at 40 as an SS that makes his case special?
Only God know who would see tomorrow.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

im shocked a doctor is talking like this.
failed healing accepted. we have pple that dont belive in God and they are SS and well alive.
if i may ask, whats the average life expectancy of a Nigerian?
pls its doctors like you that kills their patient with news of a disease before the said disease manifests itself.

Accepting the truth is hard you have your opinion i have mine. He asked for an advice and i gave him one and all i have said from my initial post is available online. I even posted a link since you don't believe we quack nigerian doctors. @ OP The challenge is serious. If you can whether the storm then good luck but b4 u commence accept the worst possible scenario
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

Madam, she can very well give birth to an healthy child. The main problem is Nigeria health system, with a good health care as obtainable in western nations, there is nothing to fear. Even in Nigeria, its possible, but we all know how bad the country's health system is.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
Numerouuuno:
It is very nice to see you are planning your future at this present time, Since you are AA, your children's health can never be worse than AS.
I believe your fear is regarding your wife, let me tell you this, She will live long even more than 70 , all she has to do is use her drugs like proguanil and folic acid judiciously, eat vegetables and fruits, and finally drink lots of water. if she can adhere to that, there is no problem. She, you and your kids will live a good life.
I have a family member that is SS, she's married with a kid, she rarely falls sick and she's doing fine in all aspects, to cap it all, she lives in an area where the winter temperature is -35 degrees. Our family doctor is an SS too,aged 50. I have seen and i know lots of people that are SS and they are okay.I can say very little here since its a public forum.
sincerely, go ahead and marry her since she meet all your pre-requisites, you guys will be fine. she just has to do the things listed above.
And finally, pray!!
SS is just an health condition not a death sentence.
can you marry an ss lady...be sncere
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by ojinuocheibi(m): 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
WOMEN IN NEED OF MEN FOR MARRIAGE, FRIENDSHIP AND JUST SEX.? CONTACT 08038119805. PLS WHATSAPP ONLY NO CALL, THANKS FOR YOUR CORPORATION.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by moonnstar(f): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
bros no try am o
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

can you marry an ss lady...be sncere
I am AS so I can't , its called foolishness.
If I am AA, I would gladly do so, in addition to my experience of the health condition, she has the best life in stock with me.
PS: if your sister is SS, would you advise her boy friend to marry her? please answer me honestly.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
Laredojohn:

Tell me who wouldnt die? who is it on earth that is not sustained by God?
dont you have people who are not up to 40 and are nomal and die?
every man, young or old, an or woman will die at one time or another whether SS or not.
ops wife to be can live beyond 25 even with child delivery.
The problem is the fear pple inhabit about the disease.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
Namzy:

Where were you guys when peeps were busing chewing me up for saying the hard truth
it is the main truth dear....everybody saying go ahead,can they marry an SS girl.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

it is the main truth dear....everybody saying go ahead,can they marry an SS girl.

my sister is married to an SS guy.
because hes SS does not make him less of a human being.
God forbid, if you had an SS as family member, would you wish him/her does not live a normal life or get married?
its all about choices, the OP is left to follow his heart.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Noloss(f): 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hum, it's a hard decision to take but ponder on dis

1. What if u were d one in her shoes
2. What if she is ur sister?
3. We are not d determinat of so manything in life e.g where to be born, to whom to be born, when to die etc
4. She is d consequence of a decision made by her parents, which u must also learn from

I have seen a woman @ kabba in Kogi state that was married as ss, she has 3kids and she is till alive do she do have crisis but her husband stood by her.

Recently,(Dec 2014) a colleaque dat av been married since 2009 discovered dat their 2nd child was an SS. Ofcourse both parents did test b4 marriage hubby was AA and wife AS. Hubby did his own at UBTH but when d result of d baby came there was confusion and hubby had to go for another test and lo and behold it was AS. What will be d faith of dat child?

Finally, u'll bear d consequences of whatever decision u make so let God guide u and u'll not regret in Jesus name.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Numerouuuno:

Madam, she can very well give birth to an health child. The main problem is Nigeria health system, with a good health care as obtainable in western nations, there is nothing to fear. Even in Nigeria, its possible, but we all know how bad the country's health system is.
We are not saying its not possible sickle cell is a morbidity and the risk of pregnancy related incident is high plus other relating acute or chronic complications. But like i said earlier its ok to hope and believe. You always say ve seen. Lemme tell you I've had many cases of sicklers die who were apparently well and apparently maintained a healthy life style. Now to call a spade a spade if you were to Hazard a guess what the proportion of living vs dead sicklers above 45 in nigeria. A research conducted (America) places that around 50%.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

every man, young or old, an or woman will die at one time or another whether SS or not.
Guy av u ever seen wer a sickler is sick, if u had seen,vry close...u wil know wat we are talkin abt here...forget all this talks here ooo..der sicknes is terrible,sometimes u see them bending specially der legs....
let me jus stop cos am jus rememberin those i know dat av died cos of sickle cell
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noloss:
Hum, it's a hard decision to take but ponder on dis

1. What if u were d one in her shoes
2. What if she is ur sister?
3. We are not d determinat of so manything in life e.g where to be born, to whom to be born, when to die etc
4. She is d consequence of a decision made by her parents, which u must also learn from

I have seen a woman @ kabba in Kogi state that was married as ss, she has 3kids and she is till alive do she do have crisis but her husband stood by her.

Recently,(Dec 2014) a colleaque dat av been married since 2009 discovered dat their 2nd child was an SS. Ofcourse both parents did test b4 marriage hubby was AA and wife AS. Hubby did his own at UBTH but when d result of d baby came there was confusion and hubby had to go for another test and lo and behold it was AS. What will be d faith of dat child?

Finally, u'll bear d consequences of whatever decision u make so let God guide u and u'll not regret in Jesus name.

You've said it all albeit without rudeness. Thats why some people tend not to be rational. Well I apologize to any sicklers reading and understand your struggle cos ve seen it and sometimes its not pretty. Its a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by richol(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Simplefaithy:
. bro how's that possible
its possible cos science is not all accurate
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by VickyRotex(f): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
Il say you go with MizMyColi 's advice...

I see no biggie marrying an SS with you being an AA.

AS to SS or SS to SS are the ones to be worried here, and not too worried for that matter.

Id say you give it a deep thought, even though I see nothing wrong with you getting married to her, be sure you aint marrying her out of pity, be sure you love her genuinely. Be sure if things go wrong (which I dont pray for) youl always stand be her.

Although it has to be a calculated risk, but I must say its worth it... If you believe you love her, then love her unconditionally.

Remember marriage is a lifetime committment, dont think of saying, if things go wrong, then youd leave her to her fate. Nah, in as much as you love her if you begin dating, then love her more in your marriage...

As for your kids, am not a medical practitioner nor Scientist, so I wouldnt say I know much, but the little Biology I did in School, made me know that AA and SS begats AS, so you got nothing to worry about, as AS is only a carrier, and believe me, I read somewhere that AS got some advantages over AA...

So every genotype got its ish...

Ehmmm maybe I should just drop my pen here... Cos no matter the advice given, the most important thing is that you follow your heart.

Wish you the Best...
smiley

#Il still say this, please dont marry her out of sentiment or pity, it wont last...

Cheers smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
Namzy:

We are not saying its not possible sickle cell is a morbidity and the risk of pregnancy related incident is high plus other relating acute or chronic complications. But like i said earlier its ok to hope and believe. You always say ve seen. Lemme tell you I've had many cases of sicklers die who were apparently well and apparently maintained a healthy life style. Now to call a spade a spade if you were to Hazard a guess what the proportion of living vs dead sicklers above 45 in nigeria. A research conducted (America) places that around 50%.
The sicklers you saw that died without a cause and that lived a healthy life is just the same as the non sicklers that died. But of course , no attention is paid to those ones, its the sickler that died that receives all the negative attention.
People die everyday either sick or healthy, everything depends on God.
With the abysmall health care provided by you doctors in Nigeria, they shouldn't live more than age 5 if not for God. so I don't expect the proportion of living vs dead sixklers in Nigeria to be high nor even at average of a percent.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

Guy av u ever seen wer a sickler is sick, if u had seen,vry close...u wil know wat we are talkin abt here...forget all this talks here ooo..der sicknes is terrible,sometimes u see them bending specially der legs....
let me jus stop cos am jus rememberin those i know dat av died cos of sickle cell

you cant feel the pain as much as someone that has being in that shoe.
NEVER! you can only imagine what pains they are going through. and show as much love as possible.
ive taken care of my best friend severally when shes in crises, though it doesnt come often again.
that still does not deprive them of a good life or getting married.
sickle cell pains are of various degrees.
we dont even know ow often this OP girl falls sick or gets transfused.
some are so healthy you cant know except you are told.
so pls give them a chance. Op, follow your heart!
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

my sister is married to an SS guy.
because hes SS does not make him less of a human being.
God forbid, if you had an SS as family member, would you wish he/she does not live a normal life or get married?
its all about choices, the OP is left to follow his heart.
nobody is telling him not to...its jus d consequences we tellin him..so he shud prepare for it
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Laredojohn(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

U are right just made reference because of the topic in question...
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

Thanks ma'am. This is my longest post on any forum. I usually just observe but today i decided to say the hard truth am coming out looking like lucifer because i didn't sell hope. Even my ist post said some things about costly and careful management but still got shut down. If OP manages to marry said lady and she develops life threatening conditions (yea peeps its a possibility) these same hope sellers will sing a different tune. Now am not saying female sicklers shouldn't bother marrying but marry someone who understand that you might not be around for the foreseeable future and he has made his peace about that. God willing you might just cheat thid dreaded disease
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Numerouuuno:

I am AS so I can't , its called foolishness.
If I am AA, I would gladly do so, in addition to my experience of the health condition, she has the best life in stock with me.
PS: if your sister is SS, would you advise her boy friend to marry her? please answer me honestly.
it is his choice but he must be ready for d consequences.
if u checked my 1st quote wit someone else, i said it there that its a sacrifice frm d guy...love is all abt sacrifice but d guy shud tight his belt very well.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by flyingdutchman(m): 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
What is love? Is love a beautiful thing? Does love make you smile? Is love warm and affectionate? If everyone runs away from an SS person, who will the SS patient marry? Is it a mistake that she came into this world? Doesn't she have a destiny?

Real men can turn this world inside out for the one they love. I'm one of those men. Join me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Laredojohn(m): 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Numerouuuno:

People die everyday, is it because your cousin died at 40 as an SS that makes his case special?
Only God know who would see tomorrow.
Said it only God, just referring to who said since she is 25yrs she has overcome it...everyone dies both young and old, irrespective of age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Weird Encounter With A Lady In Abuja This Evening / My Girlfriend Cheated On Me What Should I Do? / Couple Reads Bible In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.