Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,745 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Advice Needed: Lying Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed: Lying Boyfriend (3802 Views)

Easiest Ways To Catch a Lying Boyfriend / Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? / Should She Let Her Lying Boyfriend Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Advice Needed: Lying Boyfriend by Gurgle(f): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Advice Needed: Lying Boyfriend by gj22(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2015
mistygirl:
Hey all,
I need some sound advice here. I have been dating a guy seriously for about 4 months. We swore that we would be honest to each other. Over the past 4 months I have caught him in several lies (a few were kind of serious and others not so much). Well, last week he dropped another one. He admitted to me that he had lied about his age. When we met he told me that he was my age but now I found out that he is 4 years older than me.
He told me why he lied about his age- he was afraid that I would not give him a chance given his age and the current position in life he's in (in a way, I am much more ahead than him). Anyways, I am feeling this guy but I also feel like this lie was serious!

I don't know what to do. A part of me wants to continue seeing him while another part thinks that he has told too many lies and the lie about his age is just too much. What really pissed me off is that he knows that I had informed my friends and siblings about him and when they asked how old he was I told them he was my age. There were many opportunities for him to tell me the truth but he never did. I feel like he has made me look like a fool (especially since I informed my fam about his fake age) and that is what is really bothering me about the situation.
What should  I do? If you were me would you overlook this lie? When is a lie just too much?

Thx!

My advice, sit him down and tell him to come clean about every lie he has told so far. Tell him to tell you the truth about everything.

Guys lie a lot when trying to get a girls attention. It's possible he never thought you guys are going to get serious but you are now. Tell him to come clean so that you guys can move forward. If he comes clean and you can still go on (you still like him), when next you catch him in a serious lie, dump his asss and move on. He is a born liar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

So You Think You Enjoy Kissing? Well, Here's A Question For You! / HELP!!! Should I Marry A Guy Without Manhood? / How Do I Return My Landlady's Pant??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.