Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria (55451 Views)

Scholarship For First And Second Degrees University Programs / 2019 Gis Training Programs You Need For Your Success! / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by oluwanoni: 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
When would Nigerians learn that its not a function of what u study, its who u know, what u have upstairs and God...u can study anything and get away with it.

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Cpumping(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op, u missed banking and finance.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by plaetton: 4:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op,
I don't know how to make this post without appearing rude and disrespectful, so you will have to forgive me in advance.

Once again, you post demonstrates in very clear terms that you, and infact, we Africans do not fully grasp the meaning and value of education.

I don't blame you personally too much. I blame our succession of brain dead and visionless leadership Since independence, who still haven't figured out that education is not about paper certificate to get job.
It is more about mental developement and refinement in order to release and harness the imaginative and infinite creative potential of the mind.
Every area of study is useful both to the learner and to the greater society. What would humanity be without all these academic disciplines?

The fact that we put all emphasis on paper certificates rather than real learning and hunger to learn more, is at the heart of our persistent underdevelopment.

The fact that we don't have trained archeologists and anthropologists in Nigerian to dig into our remote pasts are the reasons that many morons walk around calling themselves Israelites.

The fact that we don't have ancient historians and forensic geneticists, etc, is the reason that con men in bling bling attires sell us the crap that we are the ofsprings of a mythical white man called Noah who lived less than 6yrs ago, whereas, Yoruba culture, just to mention one, is more than 11,000 yrs old.

The fact that we don't have enough mental health scientists and sociologists is the reason we have a reported 23 million Nigerians suffering from undiagnosed and untreated various forms of mental illnesses.
The funny but sad irony of this situation is that many of these mentally ill citizens occupy positions of power and influence in our society.

So, it's not going to get better soon.

6 Likes

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Trypant(f): 4:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Plz remove that Mass communication you put there jor! What's wrong with you? graduation in Mass
Communication the aspirants of the field can look
forward to working with the following types of
companies and areas:
All companies with public relations department.
ANR - All Nigerian Radio
Circulation and Public Relations
Central Information Service
Legal Affairs Department
Journals
News Agencies
Press Information Bureau
Photography Companies
TV Channels
Radio Telecasting Companies
Websites Periodicals and Magazines
Newspapers
Advertising Agencies
Books and Novels
Blogs
Broadcasting Corporations. I read mass comm, where am serving NYSC currently, am d only one with the course and cause of that I take English lang. Alone in d whole SSS classes! No body. Others micro biology, Economic, mkting, engineering, physics and all dat. Y r u discouring people? This channel that you are using to publish this, is it not under mass communication? If I finish and create smth like this or better than urs, am I not doing smth? Wot of Newspapers that are springing up frm all part of the country? Not all pharmacist or chemist sellers studies medicine. The course has prospects and employment opportunities, what is happening in other sector is happening in mass comm. People want to die in office, be it Law, politics, engineers, oil and gas etc. Its only in banks dat every now and den there is employment opportunities, why? Bc banking job has no job security! Plz also take out French!!!
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by SeyiBamisaye: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
I really can't say you are correct, but I think there are even some other courses I won't advise anyone to try. E.g Nursery and Primary Education, Adult education and their likes.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by criuze(m): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
who allowed this op here - is he well
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Gasout(m): 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Political science, local government study, marketing, e.t.c
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by aj001(m): 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Food Science is cool

1 Like

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by firestar(f): 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
Adesiji77:
CC: firestar, Ishilove

undecided

Op...
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by kay5922: 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
OP, can you give me 2 good reasons why I saw French on your list?
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Trypant(f): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Photographic Arts
English Literature
Media studies
Film Studies, these four courses you mentioned are all under Mass Communication! Why are you confusing yourself? Mind what you publish! We the association of Mass communicators did not request the president to pass the FOI bill into Law bc of your senseless posts. Where is Minister for Infor. And Comm. Plz arrest this op!!!
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Adesiji77: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
firestar:

undecided

Op...

What about the Op?
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
if u're a statistician like my post
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Vickicious16(m): 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
lol
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by watered(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
What of Fishery?
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
And they are all art courses? embarassed That apart, if you are a Graduate of Agricultural Economics, pm me for a job. You must know how to drive and based in port Harcourt. HND and Bsc graduate only.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Etoshil18(m): 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
You are naive and semi-illeterate..dnt blame you 'cuz you have nt seen beyound your nose. Tank God for Nairaland that.. Yhu bera kip quiet instead of casting aspersions unduly.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nutase:
angry
what is it
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by leverage12(m): 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
olas24u:
religion grin Na hunger go kill that person grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You fit use am become Pastor na. Lol. Abi you no won be like Adeboye and co??
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
ABJDOT:
You forget to include Computer Sci, I don't know the main reason why students are still rushing into the course?...
first: u an aspirant or an undergraduate?? cos i know 4 sure dat a graduate can not ask d question u asked
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by austinbrown: 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op when u started this topic I thought u had something in ur brains
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Profgame(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
@OP

You missed it on Sociology. I studied sociology from a reliable Nigerian University. I have realized that there are different areas where you can function as a sociologist and that is the selling point of this noble discipline. Check these fields out; Development organisations like USAID, JDPC, ActionAIDS; Research based agencies, Security Agencies and many more. The selling point of this course is a capable sociologist will fit into any human centered organisations. Wherever you have people, you will always have sociologist.

Woe unto that society who has no sociology, blessed is that society who has at least five sociologists. IBN KALDUN

Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Geofreysmart88: 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
U r not realistic
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by chikahenry(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
undecided undecidedMass comm, humanities, photography arts Dude u high on one of dose fake road side cracks? undecided
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by daxon001(m): 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
Now I get.d mods don't necessary need 2 move a very very good article on front page.sometimes,dey just need 2 look 4 a silly thread dat will make lots of nairalanders comment/argue/bash it thereby causing traffic.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by TS2(m): 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
You are just ignorant.
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Although the op has a right to give his opinion but I must say it (the opinion) lacks substance. To even list 'humanities' as a course shows that he (the op) compiled what my lecturer would call "academically leprous". Go and do your research before posting a jaundized view!
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by 2el(m): 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
Public Administration is the best course to study in Nigeria..

With so much diversification*
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by Nutase: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
Davidairmarshal:
what is it
who is u??
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by bigsam75: 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
U got it wrong Geography is out of it..u can work in d oil company,airport,road construction company,town planing office and water board etc
Re: 20 University Programs You Should Not Spend Money To Study In Nigeria by lamia(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
well i'm sure in a correct Nigeria these courses might actually have a good standing...naija go better oooo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2015/2016 Unizik Pre Science Form(facts About unizik pre science Programme) / See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna / Primary 3 Exam Question About Buhari & Jonathan: Unfair or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.