Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death (76782 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Dele Momodu With Late Sani Abacha's Daughters In 1999 / Photos Of Dele Momodu's Sons / IBB Opens Up On Dele Giwa's Death & 159 Officers On Crashed Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Slimzyflipzy(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
MTN
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by chamboy(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Firefire:
In 2001, General Ibrahim Babangida refused to testify before a national human rights commission about the Giwa murder. Babangida, Hakilu and Togun went to court and obtained an order restraining the commission from summoning them to appear before it.

The envelope that carried the bomb had the inscription ‘cabinet’ on it, and was addressed to Dele Giwa. The envelope exploded as Mr. Giwa tried to open it.

Evil on the land. angry undecided
too many evil
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by adedayourt(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
am sure even d murderer wud av slept n d Lord
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by dave2meek(m): 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
I no fit finish am o abeg make somebody summarize
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
Some years ago, during the lunching of the Gani Fawehinmi Library in OAU, Ile-Ife, the Special Guest of Honour, Femi Falana made a remark. He said, "quote me for what I'm going to say, Babangida killed Dele Giwa."
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by livingday: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
IBB silenced him, no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by daveP(m): 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
"Excited about the title of the parcel, he placed it on his laps and continued with his meal of akara and pap, while his friend awaited him in the sitting room.

Gbooaah!!

Off went the parcel and his legs were in a burnt state, so was his stomach and his face from the impact. Had he placed the parcel elsewhere, the world of Journalism in Nigeria would have been top-notch, transparent than it presently is"-- Anonymous, but highly reliable source.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by omojeesu(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
Judgment day is coming. Sooner or later we will know the truth.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
I've taken your virginity,you're mine forever.

I'd rather keep on staring at AnneMomoh photo on her profile than for me to kill my battery scrolling down this electronic newspaper.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by ceejay80s(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
lordpreps:
Even my dog knows it was BABA who killed him!
Which day dem born u , talk less of ur dog

1 Like

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
AnneMomoh:

I luv Emi
me too wink I think I luv you too.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by amtalkin(f): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
This is the first Nairaland long post i have read from the beinginng to the end, apart from literature.

continue to rest in peace.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
The Dele Giwa case was the tragedy of our times. I recall the case faintly....even though I was very young...as another scary event in a year of violence for Nigeria.

In 1986....Nigeria lurched from crisis to crisis. Our economy was in dire straits...so much so that we had to take SAP. Lawrence Anini was terrorizing parts of the country in his Volks Santana. 19 Students were killed in ABU Zaria...sparking off a nationwide student revolt that lasted one month, and the religious fabric of the nation was under severe strain...Sharia and population figures were in the dispute(This religious fight reached its pinnacle in 1987....with the burning down of several churches in Kaduna State following an offensive anti-Islam comment made by a cleric in Kafanchan). And on top of that comes the letter bomb death of Dele Giwa...something which had never happened in Nigeria...something which you saw on videos of American films...something which happened only outside the country and was associated with oppressive governments. (in 1982..Ruth First..anti-apartheid campaigner, and wife of Joe Slovo and comrade of Nelson Mandela was killed by a letter bomb in London...sent by the BOSS...the intelligence agency of the Apartheid South African govt). I recall as a young child feeling scared and frightened one fine sunny day in June 86....and wondering...when will it all end.?

The tragedy of Dele Giwa's death was not that it happened , but that it has never been solved.Indeed...today, we have a lot of people excusing otherwise seriously corrupt activities ,and even violence...because Nigeria has not changed in any way from 1986(Well...you can make a decent phone call outside the country easily...and computers have become smaller and more ubiqutious...and there are more channels on TV...but that misses the point!). Dele Giwa's blood is still crying for vengeance....as is the blood of Fatima Mustapha and the 18 ABU students, and the many others who have died because Nigerians refuse to hold their governments accountable. Perhaps if we are to move from the ghosts of 1986...we must,as a nation get some things right. We must call every Nigerian....to account.

But,as in 1986....I doubt that is going to happen.Nigerians prefer.....to turn away and get on with our business. It did not affect us after all.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by MrMcJay(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Some years ago, during the lunching of the Gani Fawehinmi Library in OAU, Ile-Ife, the Special Guest of Honour, Femi Falana made a remark. He said, "quote me for what I'm going to say, Babangida killed Dele Giwa."

I remember that day at Oduduwa Hall. That day, when Falana gave statistics of what the Federal government and its arms had stolen, my mouth went dry. I was close enough to see the VC go white as if he had seen a ghost. Dude was scared stiff!

After that day, Falana wasn't allowed to give speeches on campus. If he was to feature in any program, the DSA would withdraw the approval of such program.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by djkirkoo2(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
clevvermind:
i just like to call his name. grin
Lollllllz. U dey fear make Buharians no chew u raw grin
clevvermind:
i just like to call his name. grin
Lollllllz. U dey fear make Buharians no chew u raw
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by just2endowed: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
Till today, babangida knows who did it.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Kashif(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
ManTiger:
Uncle Dele just like every other person was expecting to be gratified
after a successful investigation journalism on the role of former head
of state cum his wife on the drug baron in the country.

Those investigation was never published despite his solid proof, instead
he was blown by an international explosive believed to have been imported from Russia.

I heard the bomb was developed by the only nuclear physicist Nigeria had, in his Ngwo village in Enugu state. He was under 'house arrest' while he built it, not knowing the purpose. When it was used in killing Dele Giwa, he was full of regret. Dr Sam is late now though.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by cradleafrica(m): 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
Evil Men yet we celebrate them.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by nonjebose(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
It was a calculated evil against journalism. But it failed for that act emboldened a crop of journalists ln TELL and Newswatch. People like Dele Momodu and other friends of Dele Giwa mentioned in d article. Babangida never knew peace since then.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by nonjebose(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Kashif:

I heard the bomb was developed by the only nuclear physicist Nigeria had, in his Ngwo village in Enugu state. He was under 'house arrest' while he built it, not knowing the purpose. When it was used in killing Dele Giwa, he was full of regret. Dr Sam is late now though.
There were different versions of these. The much I heard then was that it was developed by the Mossad
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Kashif(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
nonjebose:
There were different versions of these. The much I heard then was that it was developed by the Mossad

That was a lie sold by the administration then.

Dr Sam Orji was a renowned physicist, and bomb expert, and friends with IBB. He did not know whom it was meant for. It had to be manufactured quickly, and discretely.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Shinelle(f): 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=AnneMomoh post=34799758]

please i want to use this medium to report AnneMomoh (f) that you know on nairaland.com

I dont know the appropriate channels to follow but he/she is an impersonator.
using the real persons pictures and name and descriptions to gain popularity for God knows what!

The real Anne Momoh is a friend of mine that knows nothing of this site.It took me a while to even explain what this forum was and how it works. I dont know why someone would impersonate another with their full names and photographs.

NAIRALAND (Guys especially ) beware!! I dont know what the plan is..
Im ready to go any length to stop this wicked soul!

Cc Seun , moderators and all
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by AnneMomoh: 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=Shinelle post=34803151][/quote]

Besty Oji, i hope u know what you are doing, i am quitely watching you
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
One death too many then;not forgeting that of late funsho Williams.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Shinelle(f): 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Honda?

You impersonator! ! You will not succeed with this plan.
you are not Anne Momoh, stop impersonating people...
God knows how many profiles you have created to keep commenting on this forum. U registered just last month, yet ure more active than seun abi?

You this man/woman!!! Im ready to keep exposing you
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
ceejay80s:

Which day dem born u , talk less of it dog
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by nonjebose(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Kashif:

That was a lie sold by the administration then.

Dr Sam Orji was a renowned physicist, and bomb expert, and friends with IBB. He did not know whom it was meant for. It had to be manufactured quickly, and discretely.
The Mossad acct did not originate from the govt,infact they did everything to frustrate d investigation.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Shinelle(f): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Besty Oji, i hope u know what you are doing, i am quitely watching you

AHA U HAVE FAILED... THE REAL ANNE KNOWS VERY WELL HOW TO SPELL MY NAME !!!

I HAVE YOUR TIME... BRING IT ON IMPERSONATOR!
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by bmos(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
yommyphresh:
wheew!!! And yet, it keeps getting messier!

so where do we start from now?
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by 989900: 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
IBB
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by andyanders: 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
Those that killed MUST one day die and MUST answer questions of his death.They can run from man, but cannot run from God.

Sad. For those of them who refused to appear on the commission's request, they should not worry, another judgement is already waiting for them and they MUST answer to it in the presence of our creator.

RIP Dele.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by jidowu84: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
adonismuller:
I open nairaland,

I see d first topic on front page

I rush to book space

I try to read the content.....

I read the first two lines if its interesting and if I can go on....I find out its about a man who changes women like pant.

I scroll through the whole epistle and find out if I have d patience to read everything.

I realize it won't add anytin to my bank account as an Engineer.

I give up...
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Osinbajo And INEC Today / EFCC, Army Discover Vehicle With Money In 'Ghana Must Go' Bags In Abuja / Gen Buhari Pictured In His Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.