Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death (76779 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Dele Momodu With Late Sani Abacha's Daughters In 1999 / Photos Of Dele Momodu's Sons / IBB Opens Up On Dele Giwa's Death & 159 Officers On Crashed Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by unigdh: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
For now, there is no one that could be held reliable for the death of Dele Giwa because the evidence is not concrete enough. I believe there are those who knows the true story but they keep mute. God is watching you.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by antoniome(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
SMH
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by nairamaniac: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Stunner1:
Sad story
God damnnnnnnn? What are you doing in such an unsafe place where bombs are killing people? Let's meet In the Romance-section. You are truly a STUNNER kiss
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
MrMcJay:

I remember that day at Oduduwa Hall. That day, when Falana gave statistics of what the Federal government and its arms had stolen, my mouth went dry. I was close enough to see the VC go white as if he had seen a ghost. Dude was scared stiff!

After that day, Falana wasn't allowed to give speeches on campus. If he was to feature in any program, the DSA would withdraw the approval of such program.
I was in Conference Centre in 2013 during the lectures organized to mark the retirement of Dr. Dipo Fashina (Jingo) from the Department of Philosophy. Femi Falana was the guest of honour.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Menobista(m): 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
Who kill Dele Giwa? Na Baba, if you put am Ngida na u sabi.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Hakeem3(m): 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
To my best of understanding the whole controversy rolls around gen. Ibrahim babangida . Gosh dis man is such a tyrant full of wickedness and All sort of evil deeds... Ok come to think of it..
Babangida :drug deals..
Babangida : dele giwa's death
Babangida: sacked by Buhari as a result of d drug controversies surrounding him den he led a coup and overthrown Buhari.. Hmm. I won't hesitate nor b scared to say it that babangida is among boko haram sponsor ... Yes I said it ...
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww heart of men is full of evil
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by MrMcJay(m): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I was in Conference Centre in 2013 during the lectures organized to mark the retirement of Dr. Dipo Fashina (Jingo) from the Department of Philosophy. Femi Falana was the guest of honour.

Wow! That's cool. In 2012, we tried to bring him back for a lecture in honor of an eminent lawyer but Alhaja DSA scuttled it. We had to get another guest speaker before it could hold.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by osenidvdg(m): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hmmmm ! I know one day the truth will be revealed !
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by mygem: 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The Dele Giwa case was the tragedy of our times. I recall the case faintly....even though I was very young...as another scary event in a year of violence for Nigeria.

In 1986....Nigeria lurched from crisis to crisis. Our economy was in dire straits...so much so that we had to take SAP. Lawrence Anini was terrorizing parts of the country in his Volks Santana. 19 Students were killed in ABU Zaria...sparking off a nationwide student revolt that lasted one month, and the religious fabric of the nation was under severe strain...Sharia and population figures were in the dispute(This religious fight reached its pinnacle in 1987....with the burning down of several churches in Kaduna State following an offensive anti-Islam comment made by a cleric in Kafanchan). And on top of that comes the letter bomb death of Dele Giwa...something which had never happened in Nigeria...something which you saw on videos of American films...something which happened only outside the country and was associated with oppressive governments. (in 1982..Ruth First..anti-apartheid campaigner, and wife of Joe Slovo and comrade of Nelson Mandela was killed by a letter bomb in London...sent by the BOSS...the intelligence agency of the Apartheid South African govt). I recall as a young child feeling scared and frightened one fine sunny day in June 86....and wondering...when will it all end.?

The tragedy of Dele Giwa's death was not that it happened , but that it has never been solved.Indeed...today, we have a lot of people excusing otherwise seriously corrupt activities ,and even violence...because Nigeria has not changed in any way from 1986(Well...you can make a decent phone call outside the country easily...and computers have become smaller and more ubiqutious...and there are more channels on TV...but that misses the point!). Dele Giwa's blood is still crying for vengeance....as is the blood of Fatima Mustapha and the 18 ABU students, and the many others who have died because Nigerians refuse to hold their governments accountable. Perhaps if we are to move from the ghosts of 1986...we must,as a nation get some things right. We must call every Nigerian....to account.

But,as in 1986....I doubt that is going to happen.Nigerians prefer.....to turn away and get on with our business. It did not affect us after all.
when you stand for the truth they call you are weakling in nigeria.parents eat from the largese of underage children without questioning the source..people say it will get better.my bro.u got a matured mind.this country....
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 16, 2015
The less you know the longer you live in nigeria lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by UpLoyo: 1:04am On Jun 16, 2015
This is just stup1d, of what importance is this write up? Has the killers being found? Of what relevance to your life or Nigerians is this? Do you have to post something though senseless? How do you think his famlily feels whey they see these horrible images? You opeining up old wounds that probably would never heal just to prove what? Some of you are just sooo f00lish and I don't blame you, I blame the dum.bass in charge of this site.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 16, 2015
clevvermind:
buhari!!!! gringrin

watin concern Buhari with Dele Giwa?? This shows u r a small boy and you need to put more effort in studying than putting all your eggs in NL. Ask your father who killed dele giwa?
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by bigtt76(f): 4:40am On Jun 16, 2015
That Kayode Soyinka man was darn lucky though. For say na Boko Haram made tiny.... hin too for kpai undecided
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06am On Jun 16, 2015
MrMcJay:

Wow! That's cool. In 2012, we tried to bring him back for a lecture in honor of an eminent lawyer but Alhaja DSA scuttled it. We had to get another guest speaker before it could hold.
Iya awe? I love listening to Femi Falana. He hardly reads from a prepared speech when delivering a lecture.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2015
I never knew senator Florence ita giwa was married to Dele giwa and for such a short period as ten months.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by MrMcJay(m): 9:35am On Jun 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Iya awe? I love listening to Femi Falana. He hardly reads from a prepared speech when delivering a lecture.

Yeah. Speeches replete with statistics and bodily gesticulations. You wouldn't want him to end the speech. Very captivating speaker I tell you.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by 9jatatafo(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2015
Mysterious killings and the killers are ghosts among the living. Nigeria what a country!!!!
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by free13: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The Dele Giwa case was the tragedy of our times. I recall the case faintly....even though I was very young...as another scary event in a year of violence for Nigeria.

In 1986....Nigeria lurched from crisis to crisis. Our economy was in dire straits...so much so that we had to take SAP. Lawrence Anini was terrorizing parts of the country in his Volks Santana. 19 Students were killed in ABU Zaria...sparking off a nationwide student revolt that lasted one month, and the religious fabric of the nation was under severe strain...Sharia and population figures were in the dispute(This religious fight reached its pinnacle in 1987....with the burning down of several churches in Kaduna State following an offensive anti-Islam comment made by a cleric in Kafanchan). And on top of that comes the letter bomb death of Dele Giwa...something which had never happened in Nigeria...something which you saw on videos of American films...something which happened only outside the country and was associated with oppressive governments. (in 1982..Ruth First..anti-apartheid campaigner, and wife of Joe Slovo and comrade of Nelson Mandela was killed by a letter bomb in London...sent by the BOSS...the intelligence agency of the Apartheid South African govt). I recall as a young child feeling scared and frightened one fine sunny day in June 86....and wondering...when will it all end.?

The tragedy of Dele Giwa's death was not that it happened , but that it has never been solved.Indeed...today, we have a lot of people excusing otherwise seriously corrupt activities ,and even violence...because Nigeria has not changed in any way from 1986(Well...you can make a decent phone call outside the country easily...and computers have become smaller and more ubiqutious...and there are more channels on TV...but that misses the point!). Dele Giwa's blood is still crying for vengeance....as is the blood of Fatima Mustapha and the 18 ABU students, and the many others who have died because Nigerians refuse to hold their governments accountable. Perhaps if we are to move from the ghosts of 1986...we must,as a nation get some things right. We must call every Nigerian....to account.

But,as in 1986....I doubt that is going to happen.Nigerians prefer.....to turn away and get on with our business. It did not affect us after all.
Re: Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death by clevvermind(m): 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
stinggy:

cheesy cheesy
You're back. Nothing has changed, still the unclever mind undecided
what is your problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Osinbajo And INEC Today / EFCC, Army Discover Vehicle With Money In 'Ghana Must Go' Bags In Abuja / Gen Buhari Pictured In His Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.