Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

How To Open And Run A School Successfully - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open And Run A School Successfully (65783 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Trick On How To Open And Verify US UK Paypal Account In Nigeria. / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 8:59am On Mar 08, 2015
Expressions:
I'll be back to respond to this. Gotta run along now. Happy Sunday wink
kk waiting...... same to you dearie
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
queenprecy:
thanks very much u r a darling BT wait oo wch one be CAC?

CAC is corporate affairs Commission
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
williams20:

CAC is corporate affairs Commission
thanks happy Sunday. so wch one is long term loan? is a loan dat can stay like how many years?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by janvier27(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
You may also consider buying into an existing school that is up for sale, and rebranding. Rule out the issue of bank loan to start up. No bank would even give that. Also note that how fast you stabilize and grow will depend on how much you have put in. Your first assignments would be the school name, vision/mission, location and registration of name. Figure out what you would do differently. And it's good to know that your motivation is not necessarily the money. Be passionate about making it a success, use qualified and good hands, focus on service at a level higher than usual, keep doing all these, and you'll get there.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
janvier27:
You may also consider buying into an existing school that is up for sale, and rebranding. Rule out the issue of bank loan to start up. No bank would even give that. Also note that how fast you stabilize and grow will depend on how much you have put in. Your first assignments would be the school name, vision/mission, location and registration of name. Figure out what you would do differently. And it's good to know that your motivation is not necessarily the money. Be passionate about making it a success, use qualified and good hands, focus on service at a level higher than usual, keep doing all these, and you'll get there.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
queenprecy:
bia u r really learning much ooo its time to bring Ur dough u knw wat I mean wink[
Yes o, thanks to you, I'm not only just learning a lot, I'm inspired. I guess I owe you one for that. Here's what I'll do for you: I'll make out time to make more enquiries from one or two persons based on what's on ground, then I'll fill you in.

I have no formal training in the field, you're lucky and I'm glad you have at least been equipped with the technics and methodologies of teaching.

Will keep you posted.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 5:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
janvier27:
thanks my dear for d words of advice. i love kids alot I love to see dem smile n receive quality education bt d main problem here is d money to start up d school. BT no problem I only hope on God
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
Expressions:
Yes o, thanks to you, I'm not only just learning a lot, I'm inspired. I guess I owe you one for that. Here's what I'll do for you: I'll make out time to make more enquiries from one or two persons based on what's on ground, then I'll fill you in.

I have no formal training in the field, you're lucky and I'm glad you have at least been equipped with the technics and methodologies of teaching.

Will keep you posted.
I humble myself. thanks very much

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
queenprecy:
thanks happy Sunday. so wch one is long term loan? is a loan dat can stay like how many years?

Happy Sunday ma
Long term loans are loans that have a tenure of no fewer than 5 years
But let me restate this, getting a loan for school business is OFTEN hell oooooooo, the school won't survive the shock of the repayments .....
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by janvier27(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Expressions:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by janvier27(m): 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
queenprecy:
thanks my dear for d words of advice. i love kids alot I love to see dem smile n receive quality education bt d main problem here is d money to start up d school. BT no problem I only hope on God

Don't ever give up on this dream. You can start small.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
janvier27:

OK dear
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
janvier27:

kk dear
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
williams20:

Happy Sunday ma
Long term loans are loans that have a tenure of no fewer than 5 years
But let me restate this, getting a loan for school business is OFTEN hell oooooooo, the school won't survive the shock of the repayments .....
going for an empty land for lease and going for apartment for lease wch one is beta sir?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by oduz: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2015
Expressions:
See this post:
My point being is there a standard number of classes for approval?

YES

.... this depends on the Number of classes expected (eg min of 6 for Pry, less for nursery, more for secondary etc) plus other ancillary rooms,

e.g clinic/sick bay, Staff room etc

...... minimum total may vary slightly from state to state ................

Details are obtainable (often for a fee) at the State Ministry of Education .........

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
God help me to provide money ooo
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
janvier27:

hi good evening wre am living have enough space bt d only problem is dat d area is filled up wt schools. so if I want to get pupils I nid not to start school dre.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
queenprecy:
going for an empty land for lease and going for apartment for lease wch one is beta sir?

Get the apartment , its better
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by VivaLaFrans: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
I am an nce holder am planning on how to start a school bt I don't hv cash at hand BT I can always get help or loan from bank. I want to really touch d lives of people. thanks@pastorkosiso
You want to run a business.... Let's be human now... Keep the ''touching lives'' phrase aside for now, we'll talk about it later.... You can always get loan from a bank... When you have the capital, you won't come back here and ask for clues... The end will justify the means...
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by soleexx(m): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2015
Contact my for your school website..myou really need it
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Phiniz(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2015
CAN U MODEL,ACT OR SING,THEN HERE IS UR OPPORTURNITY,JOIN US AT PHINIX RECORDS AND SEE US TAKE U THERE.CALL 07035205088,08185075799.
WE ASSIST UPCOMING TALENTS IN DISCOVERING AND BUILDING THEIR DREAM.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
pls can anyone guide me on how to open a school and what it can cost. pls Ur help is highly appreciated. Thanks
get experts, do you have a sound edu background?do you know much about school plants and mapping?

will send you some materials when I get home, they will be very useful to you.

I am an educationist

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
The presence or abundance of schools in an area doesn't stop a new school owner from starting his/her business provided you maintain the appropriate safe distance to next business door as approved by the ministry of education , remember it's only competition that drives growth , where there is no competition , there can't be growth... Remember a kite rises against the wind not with the wind .

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
BT let me ask you is getting loan a good idea for a beginer?
the higher the risk, the higher the return.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
lyk he much do u think one can hv at hand before opening a school?
alot.. you need service of surveyor,planners, you need contact leader of the host community,educational planners and managers etc.
if you don't have a land yet then it will be very expensive to acquire one and erect a building not just a building a building suited for educational needs, you also need license to run a school etc

it will cost you alot to open a school..depending on the location, standard, what you want to offer the host community etc

wish i could type more..will get back to you when I am less busy
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by clemz88(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Do you have a sound educational background like an NCE, B,Sc or PhD?
Do you have money to rent a place depending on how big you want the school?
Have you chosen the name of the school?
Registration and environmental friendly wothy
Can you pay teachers? At least one Bsc holder and maybe more NCe and many HND holders
what do u mean by many HND holders? Don't tell me you are one of those bigot that discriminates HND holders.they are graduates like the BScs . Stop making them look like craps. Mtcheeew
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Kazrem(m): 11:35am On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
BT let me ask you is getting loan a good idea for a beginer?
I am sorry it's not advisable to start a business especially one you are doing the first time with a loan. I have worked in schools all my life and presently I am in both administrative and teaching role in a school and I know what it means to take loan especially from bank. If it's from local lenders (friends, family, etal) it is still fair provided that is the only option you have.
Meanwhile, you too should have a substantial amount (depending on the size of the school) of money in hand before starting a school aside the loan.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Lightening: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
pls can anyone guide me on how to open a school and what it can cost. pls Ur help is highly appreciated. Thanks

Asides the qualification and property, the biggest challenge is populating the school in this era of stiff competition amongst school owners.
To overcome this, just attach yourself to your church as a platform to grow the school.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by NifemiOlu(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Well, many people have said a lot of good things. It's good to start with a creche. Your pupils in the creche can easily form pupils for your basic 1.
I will recommend that you go somewhere else to learn from them. Study how they started. I don't know your age but since you've got NCE, I feel you need more academic and practical knowledge about the job. It takes at least 6 years to profit from a school business...all you do is invest, invest and invest.
Whatever you do, keep your running costs low as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by kweku8888(f): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
I run a school,so I can give you some tips,dont ever let anyone discourage you from your passion, if really its your passion.

Have an humble beginning, it may look dull and rough at the beginning, but try as much as possible to be involved fully with all your might and sacrifice all you can into it not minding cost, and the skies will be your beginning. goodluck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by saqo(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2015
This thread has been helpful. Can someone who doesn't have education background establish a school? I mean, I have a BA degree, can I establish a school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University / Njideka Offor And Ugo Udu Wedding Pictures / Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.