Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

How To Open And Run A School Successfully - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open And Run A School Successfully (65621 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Trick On How To Open And Verify US UK Paypal Account In Nigeria. / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by kendraloops(f): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Odunharry:

alot.. you need service of surveyor,planners, you need contact leader of the host community,educational planners and managers etc.
if you don't have a land yet then it will be very expensive to acquire one and erect a building not just a building a building suited for educational needs, you also need license to run a school etc

it will cost you alot to open a school..depending on the location, standard, what you want to offer the host community etc

wish i could type more..will get back to you when I am less busy

Bros eeh!! how are you? This your post can scare the hell outta someone aspiring to start something. I think she's looking for the barest minimum she can work with.
The planners, surveyors n all that should be for someone with plenty mulla, i guess.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Abojupupa: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
Odunharry:

get experts, do you have a sound edu background?do you know much about school plants and mapping?

will send you some materials when I get home, they will be very useful to you.

I am an educationist
Kindly extend this favour to me. I'm also working on my plans to establish a school.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Abojupupa: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
I would like to thank all the gurus for your contributions. In my own case, I got a piece of land in a developing área with building constructions just starting around the place. What's the prospect of locating a school in this área? Is it a good location? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
kendraloops:

Bros eeh!! how are you? This your post can scare the hell outta someone aspiring to start something. I think she's looking for the barest minimum she can work with.
The planners, surveyors n all that should be for someone with plenty mulla, i guess.
lol.no fear
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abojupupa:
I would like to thank all the gurus for your contributions. In my own case, I got a piece of land in a developing área with building constructions just starting around the place. What's the prospect of locating a school in this área? Is it a good location? Thanks.
u don't HV any problem at all Ur problem is settled since u hv a land n building already. anyways good luck to you.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abojupupa:

Kindly extend this favour to me. I'm also working on my plans to establish a school.
no problem will create a thread for that... can't find it on my phone
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
u don't HV any problem at all Ur problem is settled since u hv a land n building already. anyways good luck to you.
lol..don't say that yet... having a land isnt a guarantee dear.... there are other things to be considered too aside the land of a thing
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Odunharry:

no problem will create a thread for that... can't find it on my phone
pls nah am waiting
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
pls nah am waiting
not to worry.... I have checked my mail and even asked from ex course mate, I didn't get any good reply.... I have a useful material here, I will snap and upload the vital pages focus can't type some of them.. cheers
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
Odunharry:

not to worry.... I have checked my mail and even asked from ex course mate, I didn't get any good reply.... I have a useful material here, I will snap and upload the vital pages focus can't type some of them.. cheers
kk dear
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Abojupupa: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
Thanks. My fear is location. someone said something about location being important. I want to know if a school located in a place just developing is ok.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Abojupupa: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Odunharry:
lol..don't say that yet... having a land isnt a guarantee dear.... there are other things to be considered too aside the land of a thing
Could you share such with me?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abojupupa:

Thanks. My fear is location. someone said something about location being important. I want to know if a school located in a place just developing is ok.
it depends on how fast its developing
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abojupupa:

You don't really need to worry about your location , a school can thrive just anywhere life is
But you need first to study your environment , you can give to your environment what it doesn't appreciate and next is to know your customers . a good knowledge of your customers will guide you on the type of school to set up
Remember we have
1. Premier schools
2. Budget schools
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Donpizzle(m): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
I think if u don't hv anything to say y don't you shut up and listen to those who hv something to offer

lol....u re a kid....
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Donpizzle:

lol....u re a kid....
u don't deserve my attention so get loSt
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Abojupupa: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
williams20:

You don't really need to worry about your location , a school can thrive just anywhere life is
But you need first to study your environment , you can give to your environment what it doesn't appreciate and next is to know your customers . a good knowledge of your customers will guide you on the type of school to set up
Remember we have
1. Premier schools
2. Budget schools
Thanks. Tell me about premier and budget schools.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
williams20:

Remember we have
1. Premier schools
2. Budget schools
explain in details plssss

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by alakara(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
kudos to all d schl owners. i started my schl Dis session and God HD been really helpful. just start. u can Start during d long vac hols wt summer lesson and convert it to a ful fledge schl during d new session. look for a new site WHR their is few or no schl.and be fully involved urslf u will just b counting the nos of years later

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
The basic thing needed by your school to thrive anywhere is to simply find the missing link in that area , sample what all other schools are doing and then DON'T do any of it.

Identify your market first , where will the bulk of your buyers come from ,

A premier school is a school that's been in existence for a while and has therefore gained reputation , respect and big profile , additionally Premier schools do not basically sell academic skills or brilliance , they simply sell the great things that their customers want . for example if you are targeting the high profile men of the society to be your customers then you must be willing to make the architecture , scenery and school a masterpiece in terms of design , painting. And facilities , and also you must offer extra services like overseas excursion , and the likes of them .
Examples of common premier schools in lagos are
1. Grange
2. Vivian Fowler
Etc

A budget school is therefore a cut your coat according to your cloth school
A school where strict academic lessons are delivered to an appreciable height and only a little extra is added , like hostel facilities
Because the bulk of the buyers can't afford to pay high fees and they want to enjoy quality education that's all .
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by alakara(m): 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
Odunharry:

will also need it. thanks.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
alakara:
kudos to all d schl owners. i started my schl Dis session and God HD been really helpful. just start. u can Start during d long vac hols wt summer lesson and convert it to a ful fledge schl during d new session. look for a new site WHR their is few or no schl.and be fully involved urslf u will just b counting the nos of years later

Good you're doing fine , I wish you increase
Thumbs up Professional colleague , are you a member of any professional association of proprietors
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by alakara(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
williams20:

Good you're doing fine , I wish you increase
Thumbs up Professional colleague , are you a member of any professional association of proprietors
nt yet
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Donpizzle(m): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
queenprecy:
u don't deserve my attention so get loSt

who cares to hv ur attention..... exactly y i warn my frnds to b careful of dating biutifu gals koz not all are sensible. u re 1 of d foolish 1s.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by royalkonsults(m): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
for requirements on setting up a school, visit www.lagosprivateschools..com or www.lagosprivateschools.com
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Odunharry(m): 11:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abojupupa:

Could you share such with me?
once I get iT I will
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Donpizzle:

who cares to hv ur attention..... exactly y i warn my frnds to b careful of dating biutifu gals koz not all are sensible. u re 1 of d foolish 1s.
I leave Ur story for gods. no nid of drawing my attention becos u can't get it in your miSerable life. God made me to be beautiful n no one can change it . so go hug transformer******

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by PilotOz(m): 12:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Donpizzle:

Take it easy bro.. calm down biko.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by PilotOz(m): 12:10am On Mar 11, 2015
queenprecy:
I leave Ur story for gods. no nid of drawing my attention becos u can't get it in your miSerable life. God made me to be beautiful n no one can change it . so go hug transformer******
take it easy sis, pls calm down.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by PilotOz(m): 12:14am On Mar 11, 2015
i think u two should just Apologise to each other and make gud contribution to the original intention of the thread instead of trading words like sworn enemies. Get it over with guys and just say gud things concerning the thread.... my own 2 cents
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Blackkie: 12:16am On Mar 11, 2015
You can also go for YouWin grant.

Start from a summer coaching establishment and graduate from there.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:18am On Mar 11, 2015
Blackkie:
You can also go for YouWin grant.

Start from a summer coaching establishment and graduate from there.
OK thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc / Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.