Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend (5615 Views)

Why You Need To Run From A Nagging Wife/girlfriend? / Opinion: Guys, Can You Cope With A Nagging Girlfriend/wife? / GUYS ONLY: 8 BEST Ways to Deal With A NAGGING GIRLFRIEND. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2015
Nagging is one of the most irritating cliches of relationship. If you have a nagging girlfriend you need to get it under control before she drives you out the door. Be honest, sometimes her nagging is justified but now that it has become a barrier in your relationship you need to do something. Follow these steps to get your girlfriend to stop nagging you.

1. Listen when she talks. For many relationships, nagging occurs because your girlfriend feels you ignore her. Start by listening when she talks. Be aware that if she is nagging in the middle of the ball game, you cannot stop her. Instead when the game is over it is time to sit down together and talk out your issues. Once she sees you are willing to do so, she should stop interrupting future games.

2. Ask what she wants. Your girlfriend might be nagging about the dishes in the sink when she is really upset about something else. She might want you to take her out to dinner and the dishes are just how that complaint is manifesting itself. Ask her and then listen to her answer.

3. Share the chores. If your girlfriend is nagging about housework, she probably has a point. Does she do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry? What do you offer to the relationship? Your girlfriend wants to be your partner, not your maid. She works too so complaining that you worked all day is not sufficient and devalues the fact that she did the same. Get up and do your part.

4. Stop over-promising. You might think that agreeing when she nags is the best thing to get her off your back. The problem is that when you agree and then don’t do what you agreed to, you have just upset her more. Instead, listen to what she is asking you to do then either say no or find a compromise. If you agree, if you promise to do something, then do it. Then she will stop nagging you about it.

5. Keep her updated. Your girl might just be suffering from the space between you. If you don’t talk to her or tell you what’s going on, she has to ask which you might take as nagging. If you promised to clean the garage, then tell her when you will do it. If something happens to change that, tell her and arrange for another time. Keep your girlfriend updated and she will see that you value the promises you make to her.

6. Provide constructive responses. Avoid telling her to stop nagging. Most women hate nagging you as much as you hate them doing it. Instead when you are talking together, setting goals and making promises, provide her with some constructive criticism. Say to her, “When you ask me to do something, I will do it but in my own time and when you repeat yourself I feel that you don’t trust me to do what I agreed to do.” Make the statement about you and your feelings not about what she is doing wrong.

7.Spend time with her. If the nagging in your relationship is motivated by your girlfriend feeling ignored then the only way to fix it is to spend time with her. Take her out or watch TV together in the evening. Find what she enjoys and try to do it together. Time may be all you need.

Stop your girlfriend nagging with these simple steps. If you put in the time, you will reap the rewards of a more peaceful and loving relationship.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by papercoin(m): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Like seriously well dealing with a nagging girlfreind is like trying to solve the exhaust problem of the 1960s volkswagen beetle

2 Likes

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 05, 2015
I have only one way: End the fvcking relationship. . .

I have no time for all that bullshit over a girl who isn't my wife and who can decide to walk out of the relationship anytime. Life is too damn short for gbo gbo iranu yen mehn.

3 Likes

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by falconey(m): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2015
No3 share the chores is crap!......guys don't have time for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2015
papercoin:
Like seriously well dealing with a nagging girlfreind is like trying to solve the exhaust problem of the 1960s volkswagen beetle

Lol.....
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:52am On Mar 05, 2015
falconey:

Is not crap sir, cos you helping out just to quell off future nagging

A stitch in time saves 9
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 05, 2015
falconey:
nigga say what now?! What then will you have time for?
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 05, 2015
Nice one op cool
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 05, 2015
Nneka123:
nigga say what now?! What then will you have time for?

Ask them bloody bastards! angry
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2015
rubey:

grin grin hahaha, girl! You went hard cry
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2015
Blackett:
I have only one way: End the fvcking relationship. . .

I have no time for all that bullshit over a girl who isn't my wife and who can decide to walk out of the relationship anytime. Life is too damn short for gbo gbo iranu yen mehn.

That's why we should know who we're dealing with....

Yhu know Sometimes, we accomodate our love ones cos of the love we have for them... Not necessarily though...

For those yhu ain't got time for BS like you said, will jejely opt out of the relationship... When the word "I'm In Love With Her" suffices, then you come up with all these strategies to cope her nagging excesses
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2015
@Nneka123 and Rubey

Yhu ghurls are looking for e-War

Hope yhu ghurls I've ya vest on grin

1 Like

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

That's why we should know who we're dealing with....

Yhu know Sometimes, we accomodate our love ones cos of the love we have for them... Not necessarily though...

For those yhu ain't got time for BS like you said, will jejely opt out of the relationship... When the word "I'm In Love With Her" suffices, then you come up with all these strategies to cope her nagging excesses
Nope.

I have enough drama in my life to want to add another drama in form of a nagging woman. Life is too short to try to wash away the stripes from a zebra. . . Catch my drift?

2 Likes

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by falconey(m): 10:02am On Mar 05, 2015
rubey:

wetin happen? He tear your punny with Iron rod? Lazy bitch!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:02am On Mar 05, 2015
Blackett:
Nope.

I have enough drama in my life to want to add another drama in form of a nagging woman. Life is too short to try to wash away the stripes from a zebra. . . Catch my drift?

Definitely...

That's why i said, for those that won't to stoop for their emotional blackmail will definitely opt out

Yhu and I know too well that baes are all groom ro frustrate our very existence

1 Like

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 05, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
@Nneka123 and Rubey

so ready tongue
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2015
falconey:
wetin happen? He tear your punny with Iron rod?
shocked
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by veekid(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2015
I can't withstand a nagging gf ,the moment I detect nagging in ur life; I'm done

1 Like

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by jnrbayano(m): 10:04am On Mar 05, 2015
Nagging wife you mean?
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:04am On Mar 05, 2015
Nneka123:
so ready tongue

Hehehehehhhee!!!

I'll so be observing from my watch tower

Ghuud luck hun cool
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2015
Nneka123:
grin grin hahaha, girl! You went hard cry

Not hard enough! embarassed
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 05, 2015
falconey:
wetin happen? He tear your punny with Iron rod? Lazy bitch!!!!

I hate it when fools quote me! cry
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:07am On Mar 05, 2015
rubey:

OMG

That's harsh bae
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by papercoin(m): 10:09am On Mar 05, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Lol.....

Walk out of the relationship or ignore her, As for me I'll go with the former.BTW she's just a girlfriend
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Lmao! grin ruby
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
@Nneka123 and Rubey

E-war with ladies? Do smart! undecided
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by falconey(m): 10:09am On Mar 05, 2015
rubey:

and you quote a fool? slowpoke! Take your middle finger and shove it up your punny!!!!

1 Like

Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:10am On Mar 05, 2015
rubey:

E-war with ladies? Do smart! undecided

I meant the ghuys
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by sinizia: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2015
Nice points, OP. As a guy, I agree with all your points, but I can only do it for a girl I deeply love, care about and don't want to let go.
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2015
papercoin:

Walk out of the relationship or ignore her, As for me I'll go with the former.BTW she's just a girlfriend
Like Blackett stated..

Most ghuys will walk out, but some won't cos of the word "I'm In Love With My Bae"
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

OMG

That's harsh bae

I guess that is the only language you guys here understand! "Harsh language" angry
Re: Seven [7] Ways To Deal With A Nagging Girlfriend by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2015
sinizia:
Nice points, OP. As a guy, I agree with all your points, but I can only do it for a girl I deeply love, care about and don't want to let go.

You're right boss...

I've told blackett and falconey dis already

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Accept This From Your Guy As A Suprise Gift On Your Birthday? / A Nairalander Shows Swag In New Photos / Lovemaking More Important To Me Than Anything, Husband Says As ‘tired’ Wife Seek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.