Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers (19422 Views)

My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar / Buhari And Jega At Leadership Newspapers' Awards In Abuja / Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by PhockPhockMan: 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
kastonkastrol:
what nonsense.... This silly group should tell us how much PDP paid them to embark on this shameless protest..
You should as well tell us how APC paid those newspapers that made them to publish trash against federal government and the military.

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by dhardline(m): 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
Tinubu must have paid them good money..
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by OLADD: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
temitemi1:
Useless newspapers!! U can't stop them wn brown envelop is @ work grin grin grin cheesy. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
Civilians that does not know the functions of the media (press)

1. Information
2. Entertainment
3. Surveillance
4. Continuity
5. Correlation

Nonsense
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by OLADD: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
temitemi1:
Useless newspapers!! U can't stop them wn brown envelop is @ work grin grin grin cheesy. GEJ till 2019!!!

Good initiative by the conveners. Maybe the newspapers proprietors would realise somebody somewhere is taking note of their destrusive reportage. APC people.
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by oathman(m): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
A season film called NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Gariki: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
Good
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by kodded(m): 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
[s]
olu77:
Protest Organizers Nig Ltd

Advertisement: we help organise protest nationwide at affordable rate.

Call Fani on: 080419419419
[/s]
not funny dude angry

not funny angry
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by dubbiskelly(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Even others report correctly, the Nation won't. Abi no be tinubu again?
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by ignis: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
I wonder why people keep discouraging rather than encouraging the Nigerian army.

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by rozayx5(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
janus05:
Go and stand up. What false report did NTA and AIT feed you? That Tinubu has cornered Lagos State funds and continues to do so. That Buhari threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable ; with a call on his baboons and dogs to soak in blood. Are all these false reports? Keep standing there oooo.

thanks for taking that f00l to the cleaners undecided
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by MARKone(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
All these rent a crowd sef grin

Them dey fear Sahara Reporters?

This guy no resemble pesin wey dey read paper

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Franchise21(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
OK
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Sobeautiful: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Boko haram kill a soldier ya see newspapers celebrating it buh now we winning d war on boko haram and dey mute abt it!
Thanks for the bitter truth. Many are not happy we are wining the war, especially these listed papers. Shame on them!!!

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by BabaO2: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
good
What is good about Nigerian Military?, probably they were excellent before now, but why suddenly they have turned coward as put to them by Niger republic troop commander?
Something terrible has suddenly affected Nigerian Army under Jonathan, they are now tools for mere rigging elections, are you proud of that?
Civilians like Obanikoro will decide promotion of a serving General?, it sounds absurd and unlike professional military.
Chad, Niger, Cameroon are sincerely winning the war NOT Nigerian Army, why always taking and demanding for glory you don't deserve.

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by kodded(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
whitecat2:
These paid jonathan fools want to censor free press. Why haven't they taken to the street over Ekiti rigging, Chibok girls and all the money looted under the foolish president?
embarassed undecided
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by julioralph(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
mods pls correct the heading, its pro not po!!!
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Akshow: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
I hope they will take their protest to PDP newspapers that are slandering opposition and stooping low to partisan journalism. see them. hungry people. paid from the clueless pay master. let them wait till Saturday and see mother of all marches in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by mailbunmie(f): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Wow.

Have you guys seen Beep Land at www.beepland.com ? ... nice forum. Join now.
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
The only reliable TV station/media house is obviously channelstv.

4 Likes

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by vanilson(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
The biggest media unprofessionalism was perpetrated by AIT and NTA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by tommykiwi(m): 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
itetemi:
another pdp arrangee
APC com dey arrangee the Newspaper company abi GEJ till 2019.
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by kennydee05(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
Instead of Fayose and Jonathan wasting money on the front cover of our dailies every day attacking Buhari, maybe they should you it to advertise our gallant soldiers everyday...

Hypocrite set of people

2 Likes

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by bokohalal(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
First time I have heard of people protesting against newspaper publication anywhere in the world.
When Muslim's protest their interpretation of The Prophet's "demeaning" publication, they threaten hell and brimstone. They get violent. Other than that, the only other avenue to register discontent, by members of the public, with news published,is the court. And they must show how such news had adversely affected them differently from the other citizens
The Nigerian public has a right to know and be informed on different opinions of the same issue otherwise we are nothing short of a totalitarian state.

3 Likes

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by sucess001(m): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
[size=18pt]So the Military too is beginning to behave like politicians in arranging for rented crowd and protesters?

is it possible the Chadian Army come and replace our military?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by yomanovic: 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
PDP itself dragged the Nigerian Military in the muds. Take for instance, the use of the military to rig Ekiti elections. Another case is telling Nigerians that Gen Buhari, a man who served Nigeria and attained the highest military post in country is illiterate even when its glaring that he attended military courses(that can be rated with Bsc, Masters and probably Phd). Why are Nigerians now complaining when Jonathan's government has reduced the military to errand boys? Its the fault of the government now!!!

Moreso, Janathan never really took the issue of security, and as a matter of facts, all issues that concern Nigerians serious until he realised that Nigerians want him out.

It is now that he is seeking re-election that he now knows that he should react to the yearnings of Nigerians. It only shows that if he comes back, now our suffering continues(NYSC). I felt he should have acted faster. But some people like the press as watchdogs cannot be fooled.

Moreso, I won't be surprised if the protesters are later seen skirmishing all because the money for the job done as promised was not dispensed to them or the promised amount reduced.

2 Likes

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Maser: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
A lot of paid idiots doing propaganda stuff these days.
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
maestroferddi:
These newspapers have to be called to order.

Tell which government would tolerate the crass unprofessionalism of a newspaper like Punch which has a habit of spreading falsehood and sensationalism?

One of the greatest threats to our democracy has to be the media. Some of them are now abusing the freedom of speech to publish seditious and treasonable information.

Mr kworufsion would have clamped down on all of them and jailed every one of them for 1000 years if he was the president, his antecedents with the press is still there for all to see.

GEJ definitely has his flaws but he remains the most civil, accommodating and tolerant president Nigeria have ever hard, OBJ nearly bulldozed AIT during his era and even channels TV felt OBJ's wrath as well because he couldn't stand contrary opinions nor mild criticism which were not insulting in nature compared to the type of insults that have been dished out on President GEJ by every dic.k tom and harry yet he still allowed insulting and provocative free speech against him to continue even by those who couldn't stomach any form of criticism when they were head of states and president respectively.

GEJ score card on civility and tolerance is 100%, only a few Nigerians are in these category.

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by demandtruth: 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
Silly politicking

1 Like

Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by mykemiley(f): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
Please thank God with me. They attacked me at about 2.30am this morning. They came into my room while I was sleeping. I heard their sound as they moved across the room towards me; as I got up, I remembered the scripture that says 'He has not given us the spirit of fear...'. As one of them came at me to attack, I had no choice but to defend myself. I quickly struck! The second one also flew at me. I couldn't believe what was happening. My neighbors heard the chaotic sound that was emerging 4rm my room and were wondering what was going on. I eventually hit the second one too; my hands were stained with blood.They lay still so I wondered if they were still alive, but when I looked at them on the floor, I found out one was still moving, I struck again & this time I hit harder in anger. That's how I killed the two giant mosquitoes attempting to suck my blood ooooooh. To God be the glory
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by Goddex: 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
[size=18pt]Punch in particular is the worst newspaper in Nigeria [/size]
Re: Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers by dpedro1: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
OBJ TURNS FOOTBALLER
Former president Obasanjo led his team to a 2-1
victory against his counterparts,Ogun state
government headed by gov.Ibikunle, on the 78th
birthday anniversary of the former president.Obj
scored 2 goals for his team while gov. Ibikunle
scored 1.
So we have talented footballers in our country. I
think another match should be fixed ,featuring GEJ
(PDP) VS Buhari(APC), and GEJ should be PDP's
captain while Buhari should be APC captain. Who will win the match?
Visit www.kelechiukpe.tk for more news and entertainment gists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Jonathan Or Buhari To Blame For Poor Economy? / FCT Council polls: APC wins all polling units in Aso Rock / President Buhari Participates At Graduation Ceremony Of National Defence College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.