Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe (2329 Views)

Reno Omokri Congratulates Nnamdi Kanu, Blasts Joe Igbokwe And Buhari / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / President Jonathan And PDP Have Finally Crippled The Electric Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by emmysoftyou: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Really? I am from Ikot Abasi L.G.A and I can categorically tell you we have near-constant electric power supply. The IPPs are located at Ibekwe, IKOT Abasi L.G.A and Eket L.G.A. The light situation has improved in Akwa-Ibom. I'm from Ikot Abasi L.G.A (an industrial town) and I visit monthly.
oh yu dnt even base there? But yu pay visits and categorically tell the world, there is constant light in akwa ibom state whereas other places like etinan and oron even eket re suffering 4 it
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by gentlesinna(m): 12:15am On Mar 06, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2015
emmysoftyou:
oh yu dnt even base there? But yu pay visits and categorically tell the world, there is constant light in akwa ibom state whereas other places like etinan and oron even eket re suffering 4 it

Dude, I just graduated from the University of Uyo this year. I am BASED IN UYO. I know my facts and I state them well.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by dustmalik: 12:55am On Mar 06, 2015
I live less than three miles away from Aso villa, specifically at Area 11, yet electricity is terrible over here. So, go figure.
Those claiming to have stable electricity, keep lying to yourselves.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by LRNZH(m): 5:14am On Mar 06, 2015
dustmalik:
I live less than three miles away from Aso villa, specifically at Area 11, yet electricity is terrible over here. So, go figure.
Those claiming to have stable electricity, keep lying to yourselves.

Of course they're mostly lying to themselves. The electricity situation in Nigeria has never been this worse since 1960.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by ocelot2006(m): 5:30am On Mar 06, 2015
emmysoftyou:
lol wich state governor re u talkin about..
I base in lagos,travel to akwa ibom and am about to leave for ph soon if am asked to go soon..

In lagos it s a failure,in akwa ibom ,it s failure,and even in onitsha or anambra ur state.it s..

my friends re complaining bitterly..
so where is ther constant light in anambra state let me call my frends now for confirmation....

Bro jona failed nigeria in power aspect...yu know..

Wow!! Chief, you are lying, particularly about the light situation in Akwa Ibom. I live in Uyo and have a Business interest at Abak, and I can CATEGORICALLY tell you that there's been a remarkable improvement in power supply from the old 2 hrs of brownouts/so called "half current" to 10+ hrs of power supply. The system isn't perfect, but we've come a long way.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by ocelot2006(m): 5:37am On Mar 06, 2015
The author of the article is a class A buffoon for stating that GEJ has wrecked the power sector. How did the commissioning of far more power stations than his predecessors, fixing our transmission grid and outsourcing TCN to competent private hands, resolution of the gas issues vja the gas revolutiin, and the liberalisation of the power sector translate to "wrecking" the power sector.

I guess talking trash from afar (New York) is quite easy to do. Then again, it's Sahara Reporters, peddlers of outright trashy news.
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by emmysoftyou: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2015
ocelot2006:

Wow!! Chief, you are lying, particularly about the light situation in Akwa Ibom. I live in Uyo and have a Business interest at Abak, and I can CATEGORICALLY tell you that there's been a remarkable improvement in power supply from the old 2 hrs of brownouts/so called "half current" to 10+ hrs of power supply. The system isn't perfect, but we've come a long way.
there is a dif btw steady power,constant and improvement,
he said light has become steady or it s constant,and that s where came in..
anyway i ve said mine own experience..
Re: GEJ & PDP HAVE FINALLY CRIPPLED The Electric Power Sector - Joe Igbokwe by ocelot2006(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2015
emmysoftyou:
there is a dif btw steady power,constant and improvement,
he said light has become steady or it s constant,and that s where came in..
anyway i ve said mine own experience..

As much as i agree with you that power isn't constant in a considerable part of the country (except states like Taraba, Gombe, and co where they enjoy over 20+ hrs of uninterrupted power supply), I TOTAL disagree with you that GEJ failed the power sector. On the contrary, GEJ has exceeded the performance of his predecessors, and it was under HIS watch that power generated increased from the paltry 1500MW of the OBJ years to over 4,000MW.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos: Ignore Buhari And His Fellow Jihadists / 8 Amazing Nigerian Teenagers Doing Extraordinary Things(photos) / El-rufai Is Turning Into Anti-christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.