Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. (25732 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Wins APC Mock Poll For House Of Reps Speaker / Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:38am On Mar 08, 2015
PassingShot:
The use of the card reader at this moment is the only way we can bring credibility into our elections.

It may not be perfect now but we have to start somewhere so as to attain perfection. Perfection is not achieved at the first attempt or at the beginning of any new venture.

Lapses recorded during the test run will be worked on before March 28 which means we can expect improved performance during the elections.

However, if INEC is unable to fix the problems observed during this test run before the March election, then the card reader should be dropped for future elections.

There could also be another arrangement to verify those who cannot be verified with the card reader. In that case, only when the card reader has failed to verify a voter should such alternative arrangement be used. This will ensure that no electorate is disenfranchised at the poll for no fault of his.

Funny enough, if the card readers fail on the election day especially in the north as it did in Kano, APC/Buhari stand to lose large chunk of their votes. Yet, they are the ones pushing for the use of it and that goes to tell you their level of confidence and preparedness.

Only those with sinister plans kick against the card reader.

I have a simple question for you. If Buhari loses this election and you discover that the reason was because many voters in states he controls couldn't vote due to the card reader problem. Would you accept that election result? Be honest with me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by appini: 7:39am On Mar 08, 2015
The way it's now, the best riggers carries the day in their polling stations, before the last upper finishing touches will be applied.

Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by loomer: 7:39am On Mar 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Card Reader is the game-changer of this upcoming elections as rigging will be effectively mitigated.

Anyone or party that is against its use is an enemy of progress. In fact, GEJ should be the one at the forefront of championing its use since he claims he will use I.T to 'fight' corruption cheesy. Rigging is a manifestation of corruption.

Card Readers are here to stay. Whatever flaws it recorded during the mockup can be corrected before March 28 - that was the objective of the mockup.

True Tlk abt it being a game changer, but... What will happen if truly on the day of the election the reader suddenly stops working in some states, especially in d north, how den will de cast their votes.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Kingspin(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2015
More problem for the card reader, 750 voters per polling unit can it accredit all or more within 6hrs and it shot down by 2 pm. This is electronic devics, mass production and no how some will not have malfunction. If it does we are in a big mess.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 08, 2015
onatisi:
thank you,most of the dummmb ediots supporting this reader stuff don't know what they are talking about. It is obvious many of them are underage and they don't vote so they don't know the tension at polling units during elections ,ppl should forget all these mock test jargons ,on election day it will be a different matter. Jega is risking the lives of inec staff and officials who will be posted to use these so called readers with tensed up voters in highly charged tensed environment while jega will be in his fully ac office. If the card readers start rejecting ppl ,voters won't take kindly to it and I am sure buhari cows may even start killing ppl again .I am sure midway into the elections the idea and card reader will be put aside if its wahala becomes too much. These card readers should have been used during ekiti and osun elections. We are going to witness a lot of legal cases after this elections which will arise due to the usage of this readers. Yes jega has failed woefully and he should just resign .
myhoodlink:
My candid advise is for the Prof to tender his resignation letter since he has played into the hands of both parties. May God help Nigeria.

Jega resigns....what next?(And FYI-I think he ought to go).

I doubt his successor would change anything....and any further postponement may precipitate a constitutional crisis(and also cause some national crisis too).

The problem in Nigeria is our fire brigade approach.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by lovat(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2015
I think this card reader should be placed on hold and used for bye elections, INEC needs to mitigate against disenfrachising a lot of people with card reader.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by PassingShot(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I have a simple question for you. If Buhari loses this election and you discover that the reason was because many voters in states he controls couldn't vote due to the card reader problem. Would you accept that election result? Be honest with me.

I have declared that no electorate should be disenfranchised under any condition beyond their control.

PassingShot:

Lapses recorded during the test run will be worked on before March 28 which means we can expect improved performance during the elections.

However, if INEC is unable to fix the problems observed during this test run before the March election, then the card reader should be dropped for future elections.

There could also be another arrangement to verify those who cannot be verified with the card reader. In that case, only when the card reader has failed to verify a voter should such alternative arrangement be used. This will ensure that no electorate is disenfranchised at the poll for no fault of his.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by change9ja(f): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2015
tuborme:
At least we now know that PDP was not lying about the inadequacy of these card readers and that INEC was not ready for this election.

Great thanks to the presidency for averting the anarchy that Jega wanted to throw us into.
someone is the FG that's supervised the Purchase of Materials used by INEC
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Ricmayak1: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/mock-poll-exposes-card-readers-flaws/

Na wa o. Employ competent graduates, they will not but rather empower relatives. As per the batteries, the machines are not supposed to be put to lengthy use when they are commissioned unless the are fully recharged.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Ricmayak1: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Na wa o. Employ competent graduates, they will not but rather empower relatives. As per the batteries, the machines are not supposed to be put to lengthy use when they are commissioned unless they are fully recharged.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by TechWalker007: 7:47am On Mar 08, 2015
Some of you just talk for the sake of it.
The card reader testing was a BIG FAILURE yesterday. Had that been February 14th, Nigeria would have deteriorated into another civil war!
We are talking about over 60% failure in some PUs

See the reports: via @SituationRoomNg

Madabia PU 015 in Gwada Niger State records 17 successes and 45 failures as a result of absence of mentholated spirit and to clean fingers.

Gwada Primary School PU A in Niger State records 33 successes and 28 failures so far.

Egwa Primary School PU B Niger records 75 successes and 10 failures so far. Those failed were asked to fill incident forms.

Nasarawa State Garaku Pri Sch PU 01: 26 successful authentication of fingerprints & 19 failures.

@9.46am 28 voters accredited,5 successful finger authentication, 23failed: Gumberie 007,Raha,Bunza LG,Kebbi.

PU Tashan Mota 013 total of 49 accreditation so far. Card Reader failed to read 32 finger prints.17 successfully read.

@inecnigeria Card recognised by machine but verication failed many times for one person,took over 6mins - Ngo Square, PU 013, Anambra State

At d Onuebonyi playground,PU 011,Izzi Unuhu Ward, Abakiliki Ebonyi State,of 27 cards read only 2 was authenticated.

Niger State Tawallin Gwada PU 014. 22 successful authentication and 59 failures.

Paiz Ari PU 016 in Gwada Niger State. Total Number 111. 57 Successfully authenticated. 54 Failed.

From Egghead Odewale, a known APC youth leader and former PA to Kayode Fayemi
@eggheader: At noon in Voting Point 'A' of PU 25/07/10/003 (Agaba PU, Garaku Ward, Kokona LG), 88 voters came out with 56 having finger print issues.

Now imagine if this was election day.
PDP was right all along and APC know this. They actually want the elections to have issues so that they can have what to use to push for cancellation of result.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:47am On Mar 08, 2015
PassingShot:

I have declared that no electorate should be disenfranchised under any condition beyond their control.

You've spoken like a true democrat. I like that.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

How do u expect card readers to recognize fraudulent wanna be voter? As far as im concerned, the rejected cards were fraudulently obtained.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by appini: 7:48am On Mar 08, 2015
We have to be very careful and honest with ourselves, if the card readers fails to functions in some parts of the north; those INEC staffs will not be allowed to leave there alive.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by vision2022: 7:49am On Mar 08, 2015
PDP and its cohorts have exhausted all their criminal ways to scuttle these elections, both the eyes of int'l community and Nigerians are on them. Card reader must be used, the era of rigging is over.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by emeka2847: 7:49am On Mar 08, 2015
The information from live coverage on channels TV is different from what this JONAlist is saying. Very different

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by TechWalker007: 7:53am On Mar 08, 2015
emeka2847:
The information from live coverage on channels TV is different from what this JONAlist is saying. Very different

Go to INEC twitter handle and see reports observers gave to INEC realtime.
Read my post above and go check their handle. Many other observers too. I just don't have the time to copy them here.
Eggheader is a known APC youth. Check his twitter handle.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by balladin: 7:53am On Mar 08, 2015
madridguy:
We must move forward...this is digital world and not analog so we are marching forward. Let them have enough incident report form should be incase...PVC is the best.....enough of stealing of ballot boxes...I know the enemy of progressive will want every means to put a hold on the PVC....
God bless Nigeria
Long life Democracy
Sai Buhari.
Better reason with ur head. Didn't you read the post or you're just blinded by ur toxic political leanings? Be objective for once.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Mclick(m): 7:53am On Mar 08, 2015
Its better we learn from it than go back to the analogue. I know electoral thieves are not happy. Ride on pvc
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by adenine02: 7:54am On Mar 08, 2015
i dont belive anytin frm vangard
all TV station show sucess of d exercise
with little resolve problems in some states
to hell with vangard
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Blackkie: 7:55am On Mar 08, 2015
Nigeria always playing sentiments with real issues.
This is a mock text, and this is what will play out in the real election.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Xano(m): 7:55am On Mar 08, 2015
INEC should cancel the use of card readers. The funds required to buy the relevant card reader equipment for this election was made available to contractor(s), but inferior equipment were bought. The flaws of them(equipment) are evident to all. Resources wasted.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by jokesmaster: 7:55am On Mar 08, 2015
#March4Buhari

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Charlotte15: 7:56am On Mar 08, 2015
We know where vanguard stands on this election. PDP without a doubt. we are going to use this card reader.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Aspireahead(m): 8:04am On Mar 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Every new technology has its flaws. The purpose of the mock election is to make INEC to note these flaws and to improve on them before the dates of election.
what if the elections were not posponed?

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by billyG(m): 8:06am On Mar 08, 2015
Since d card reader fail in kano an apc stronghold i see pdp changing tune & supporting d use of card reader.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by codedguy1(m): 8:06am On Mar 08, 2015
OLADD:

The real enemies of Nigeria are challatans like you who reason from your bossom. Nobody is against the use of Card Readers but its effectiveness and if care is not taken, the devise will mar the elections. Are you so daft not to see part of the reports that records its lapses? What gives you the impression that such deficiencies will be corrected in less than 20 days from now? Why were those errors not rectified over 1 and a half years ago. Try to reason like an intelletual instead of behaving like robbots.

All they believe is that it is PDP that has made the card not to be as effective as expected.

Corpers can get killed for a card reader not reading a card, especially in the North.

The funny thing about all this is that once the card reader does not read a card it automatically means the card will be described as a cloned card which by all means means that that person should be arrested for attemptint to subvert a process. Meanwhile na the card reader get problem of not recognising the card for whatever reason and the person is absolutely innocent of cloning a card.

Those card readers will cause problems on election day and it would be blamed on GEJ. JEGA failed.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by lion042(m): 8:07am On Mar 08, 2015
We can rig now, dancing shoki
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by free2ryhme: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2015
LIE LIE LIE...The few itches with finger print reader can be easily tacked with hand-wash.... "No to TVC" . The PVC must be used because 70% success in this mock test is still an excellent result..

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by joseph1832(m): 8:10am On Mar 08, 2015
If the card readers can work smoothly in Lagos State I wonder why it can't in other states, or is it not the same technology all card readers use?.

Sabotage! I smell sabotage!!.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by mavinc4u(f): 8:10am On Mar 08, 2015
Can the card reader eliminate people with many pvcs? As far as am concern, the error started from registering. Just like an individual on nairaland has many accounts to click like to any nonsense he/she sees so are some individuals with many pvc waiting to use card reader to rig election. The registration should have been done in a way that one man gets one pvc with the help of finger print censor and also that one can vote with his card irrespective of where his registration took place. Bottomline, whether ballout box or card reader is used, the party that wish to rig would rig so it makes no difference

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Loved Up Photo Of Wike And His Wife / Thugs destroyed Ballot boxes in Baba Ewe Polling unit, Okota, Lagos / INEC: No Presidential Candidate Indicated Placeholder When Submitting Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.