Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. (25730 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Wins APC Mock Poll For House Of Reps Speaker / Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by martkol: 8:57am On Mar 08, 2015
Another election postponement?
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by badesco(m): 8:57am On Mar 08, 2015
May be Nigerians had forgotten so fast, when during Prof. Maurice Iwu. Inec Chairman then, wanted to introduced the similar technology,to the extent that, most of what needed to carry out he exercise was in place, but what happen? The so call Nigeria National Assembly and Some Nigerians say No and the exercise was outrightly cancelled. Similar thing is happening now. I think Nigerians are in best position to decides. if the Present Technology is not efficient, then it is better to cancel it, than to allow it to create problem for the country.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Bluepamex: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2015
onatisi:
this is what fayose has been saying that why is apc keen on using it and why is apc protecting jega. Jega has too many questions to answer but from all indications he is working according to the plans of apc ,which is detrimental to the peaceful conduct of this upcoming elections.
I WANT JEGA TO ANSWER ONLY ONE QUESTION,
WHY HE LIED TO NIGERIANS THAT INEC WAS READY FOR FEB 14 ELECTION.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by sunnyflakes(m): 8:58am On Mar 08, 2015
I HEAR SOME MOFOS HERE SAYING EVERY NEW TECHNOLOGY USUALLY HAVE FLAWS. THOUGH I TRULY LOVE THE CARD READER BUT IF CAN DENY 40% OF VOTERS THE OPPORTUNITY OF VOTING IN SOME STATES, THEN AWAY WITH IT.

TO THE ISSUE OF DISTRIBUTION OF PVC. IF ELIGIBLE NIGERIANS HARKENED TO NATIONAL CALL OF PERFORMING THEIR CIVIC DUTY BY COMING OUT TO GET THEMSELVES REGISTERED TO VOTE IN AN ELECTION MANY BELIEVE WILL SHAPE THE DESTINY OF THE MOST POPULOUS BLACK NATION ON EARTH, THEN INEC SHOULD HAND THEM THEIR PVC. BUT IF THEIR PVCS ARE NOT READY INEC SHOULD ALLOW THEM USE THEIR TVCS BECAUSE IT IS NO FAULT OF THEIRS.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by otr1(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2015
zicoraads:
Jega sought for and got every dime he asked for from the Presidency. Some of us make statements that are unfounded. Did you check INECs funding before making this statement? Jega has never complained about shortages of funds.
He didn't get N75 billion of the fund until January this year. What do you have to say about that? The people shouting about how INEC not producing PVC on time didn't know that INEC delayed because of the fund available to them. FG wasn't ready for this election in the first place. They had wanted to postpone the polls indefinitely on the ground of insecurity. Please lets say only what we know.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by jaysniggs: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
myhoodlink:

Not so bro. If this was the main election, GEJ would won by 95% due to the fact that majority of Kano voters (perceived stronghold of the opposition) had problems with the CR recognising their PVC just like Rivers State. Try follow the report on Channels TV. That may have resulted to the opposition calling for cancellation too. INEC would have put the country in a state of anarchy should that Feb 14 date not shifted. Could you imagine also that many are yet to see their PVCs? God bless Nigeria.

#TeamNeverAgain. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). 24/7 services available. Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

So you're an online vendor and you're still shouting "GEJ"
#Neveragain are Nigerians going to be this stupid.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by kheart(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Vanguard? I'm not surprised. All the TV stations and even the Punch that I followed on the use of card readers said it was successful, though, as with all new technologies, not without some challenges.

I watch it on channel tv and it was a 99 percent success in all state except kano and. women re d majority whose thumb print refuse to capture because dey dye deir hands
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by wazobiaN9(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2015
temitemi1:
Then we postpone the election again n again until we get it right! More cry to apc grin cheesy grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

just one word for you... Oloriburuku!!
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by CHM11: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:

INEC is directly run by the Federal Govt...which happens to be PDP run right now.
Hey dear Nigerian, the federal government is not PDP, it may have the majority but its not entirely PDP. You have other party members in government.
House of representatives and senate is made up of many parties.
This is government, the president cannot take decisions without the backing of these entities.
Its good we understand how the system works so we don't just throw blames.
These politicians are all the same, jumping from one party to the other all to retain their offices and power and keep their swizz banks glowing.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by obeteman1: 9:26am On Mar 08, 2015
That is the problem with Nigeria. Billions of naira have been spent on this project, now see what these shameless leaders are saying. MAY GOD SAVE US
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2015
Nairalanders, please be calm. We all want our preferred candidate to win, and win through free and fair election. Listen, if the PVC Card reading system, which we authorized for use, to ensure free and fair election is itself the architect of flaws, then its worse than TVC.

We will get it right, so we need INEC to;

* import extra back-up batteries. At least 2 extra battery for each polling units.

* To rectify issues of capturing inefficiencies

* Any other matters arising.

If March 28th Deadline can not accommodate these input, please shift the elections for another convenient date, but May 29 remains swearing in date.

Thanks all for accepting.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by zicoraads: 9:50am On Mar 08, 2015
otr1:
He didn't get N75 billion of the fund until January this year. What do you have to say about that? The people shouting about how INEC not producing PVC on time didn't know that INEC delayed because of the fund available to them. FG wasn't ready for this election in the first place. They had wanted to postpone the polls indefinitely on the ground of insecurity. Please lets say only what we know.
You are missing the point. The point is not whether they got the money in Jan. this year or last year. The point is, was INEC ready for the polls last month? If Jega didn't get funds in time and therefore didn't prepare well, why then was he insisting on going ahead with the polls? I am only addressing INEC's readiness or otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by zicoraads: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

And what is wrong in being an online vendor? At least he isn't waiting for the govt of Jonathan to spoon feed him, which is the sole reason some of you have a grouse against the man. You just showed that you are the stupid one.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by jaysniggs: 10:00am On Mar 08, 2015
zicoraads:
And what is wrong in being an online vendor? At least he isn't waiting for the govt of Jonathan to spoon feed him, which is the sole reason some of you have a grouse against the man. You just showed that you are the stupid one.

I never expected anything better angry
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by ShowYourCertificate: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2015
PassingShot:

Hehehe! Funny how you agree on something with me. Kudos sha!

Fyi, I have been and will remain a true democrat. I will continue to support what is good for my country irrespective of the party I support.

Though I maintain that no one should be disenfranchised for no fault of theirs, my support for the use of the card reader is unwavering because it remains the only way to make our elections have any semblance of credibility.
Exactly. I also agree with the alternative you posited should there be issues with the Card Reader:

PassingShot:
There could also be another arrangement to verify those who cannot be verified with the card reader. In that case, only when the card reader has failed to verify a voter should such alternative arrangement be used.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by MrEverest(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2015
madridguy:
I am sure this is a matured forum and not for kids. So I expect you to exhibit the maturity here before you qoute someone. Get yourself a copy of today's PUNCH paper and check the front page.

lol, of all the national dailies you mentioned punch? My brother forget it, I have not seen a more biased & jaundiced national daily like punch. If you want to get real neutral facts devoid of bias & propaganda, PLS DON'T READ PUNCH!!!

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by airsaylongcon: 10:13am On Mar 08, 2015
otr1:

... They had wanted to postpone the polls indefinitely on the ground of insecurity. Please lets say only what we know.

And you know the bolded for a fact? U were there when the planned on postponing it? Please lets say what we know and not speculate

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by MrEverest(m): 10:17am On Mar 08, 2015
Jega should either resign honorably or be sacked. Chai how the mighty are fallen!! Jega had the goodwill & support of Nigerians but he messed everything up. This man claimed inec was ready even when tens of millions of Nigerians were yet to get their PVC!!! He claimed they were ready to use a new technology even when they have not test-run it!!! President Jonathan called for postponement to enable inec finalize arrangement but Jega & APC mischievously cried fowl blamed FG for using boko haram as excuse to postpone elections. My God, president Jonathan is the most humble & easy-going president in the whole wide world!!! Despite all the provocations he keeps his cool. God will continue to bless you sir!!! Nigerians will not want to have anything to do with APC by 28th March because at the rate their evil intentions are being exposed, no sane person will associate with them again!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by otr1(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2015
zicoraads:
You are missing the point. The point is not whether they got the money in Jan. this year or last year. The point is, was INEC ready for the polls last month? If Jega didn't get funds in time and therefore didn't prepare well, why then was he insisting on going ahead with the polls? I am only addressing INEC's readiness or otherwise.
They were ready. On this Card Reader issue, we can not have a better performance on 28th than we could have if the election was not postponed.
The Card Readers would have been used in Osun and Ekiti if INEC were indeed independent.
The FG have been sabotaging the process as far back as 2012 when all PVCs should have been produced and Card Readers procured.
Man and Material, INEC was ready before February. INEC will have to postpone the election for another 6 months to get to the level of readiness you people are asking for, but elections must take place before April 30.
PVC and Card Readers will be used and everyone with authentic card- not impersonating- will vote on that day.
No going back. We should not be starting at this level by 2019. We should be talking about a better method-like e-voting.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by madridguy(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks for the info.

MrEverest:
lol, of all the national dailies you mentioned punch? My brother forget it, I have not seen a more biased & jaundiced national daily like punch. If you want to get real neutral facts devoid of bias & propaganda, PLS DON'T READ PUNCH!!!

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Chigold101(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2015
tuborme:
At least we now know that PDP was not lying about the inadequacy of these card readers and that INEC was not ready for this election.

Great thanks to the presidency for averting the anarchy that Jega wanted to throw us into.
wait! Before you make your conclusion wait until we hear from independent bodies.

However if we had held election on 14th of february, it would have been a disaster. I just hope INEC will make right corrections before the election date.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by otr1(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2015
airsaylongcon:

And you know the bolded for a fact? U were there when the planned on postponing it? Please lets say what we know and not speculate
I don't have to be there to know the fact that David Mark said last year that we should not be talking about 2015 elections when we have Boko Haram in the North East.
I don't have to be among the planners when it's a fact that the President's media aide accused Obj of being angry with Jona because the former was not considered to head the Interim National Government. Are they really planning an ING? Why if they are serious with this election? The facts are there.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by zicoraads: 10:33am On Mar 08, 2015
otr1:

They were ready. On this Card Reader issue, we can not have a better performance on 28th than we could have if the election was not postponed.
The Card Readers would have been used in Osun and Ekiti if INEC were indeed independent.
The FG have been sabotaging the process as far back as 2012 when all PVCs should have been produced and Card Readers procured.
Man and Material, INEC was ready before February. INEC will have to postpone the election for another 6 months to get to the level of readiness you people are asking for, but elections must take place before April 30.
PVC and Card Readers will be used and everyone with authentic card- not impersonating- will vote on that day.
No going back. We should not be starting at this level by 2019. We should be talking about a better method-like e-voting.
I believe we would have a better performance. At least now we know what the flaws are and how they can be corrected. I support the PDP, but I haven't lost my soul in the process. I am a firm supporter of a free and fair polls. And it is my firm believe that these card readers would do justice to that and I support it's full implementation. But what I do believe is that it was wrong for INEC to have had plans to test these machines on election day.

And I would like more clarification on the issue of the FG preventing INEC from using those machines in the states you mentioned. Because as far as I can tell, it's the Governors of those states that opposed the use of these machines. They viewed it as an avenue for the FG to manipulate the polls.

And I can categorically tell you that as at 6 days to the election, INEC hadn't trained or even rolled out the names of it's Ad Hoc staffs in some states.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by airsaylongcon: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2015
otr1:

I don't have to be there to know the fact that David Mark said last year that we should not be talking about 2015 elections when we have Boko Haram in the North East.
I don't have to be among the planners when it's a fact that the President's media aide accused Obj of being angry with Jona because the former was not considered to head the Interim National Government. Are they really planning an ING? Why if they are serious with this election? The facts are there.

Speculative. Point me to specific sources of you above allegations.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by otr1(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2015
zicoraads:
I believe we would have a better performance. At least now we know what the flaws are and how they can be corrected. I support the PDP, but I haven't lost my soul in the process. I am a firm supporter of a free and fair polls. And it is my firm believe that these card readers would do justice to that and I support it's full implementation. But what I do believe is that it was wrong for INEC to have had plans to test these machines on election day.

And I would like more clarification on the issue of the FG preventing INEC from using those machines in the states you mentioned. Because as far as I can tell, it's the Governors of those states that opposed the use of these machines. They viewed it as an avenue for the FG to manipulate the polls.

And I can categorically tell you that as at 6 days to the election, INEC hadn't trained or even rolled out the names of it's Ad Hoc staffs in some states.
INEC's financial dependency on the Executive Arm of Government is an issue. What INEC is doing now with Card Readers should have been done in Ekiti around April last year in preparation for the election there, but the fund for that election had not even been released yet then. I witnessed a senatorial bye-election in Gombe State in 2010 and I can tell you the Ad-hoc staff only had their names posted at INEC offices just a day to the election day and only had a day training. All these within 3 days to the election. I wouldn't know the reason for this if they had funds to train their staff for at least a week.
It's very wrong to test the CRs only on election days. There should have been run-off tests when Cards were being distributed at the PU level. I never endorsed the idea of having elections in February when the timetable was released because INEC's level of preparedness was still at zero, but people who are complaining now were ok with it. INEC has its own shortcomings, but the FG is 70% responsible for the poor level of preparedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by litaninja(m): 11:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Battries ran down after 3 hours? The public power supply failed? Now what party is in government again?
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by PhockPhockMan: 11:41am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:
This was exactly what I told the INEC officer that trained us for this election. He was coaching us as if there won't be any mistake in the electoral process but we could easily see possible faults.
When asked some questions about the smart card reader, he said it was programmed to work for 8hours but when we tested it with a corps member pvc, it was not working convincingly.

I don't want a situation where I'll be beaten a black and blue for something that can be averted.

I don even tell the man say if I see gun, I go give them ballot box and smart card reader. I go even register them to vote.
Jega and APC wants to put this country into crisis.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by PhockPhockMan: 11:42am On Mar 08, 2015
stalyf:
Like how they crucified GEJ for subsidy removal & now realise he was right.

Now, many people are realising that postponing the elections was the right thing to do.

We thank Dasuki for using everything possible to postpone the election. This country would have been in deep mess by now
You're right.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

Lolzzzz doing business should not close ones eyes to the truth. I can't sell my conscience for even a billion dollars. Thanks and Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by otr1(m): 11:47am On Mar 08, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Speculative. Point me to specific sources of you above allegations.
Speculative? I see. I watched the senate session where Mark made that statement myself and the presidency press release about Obj isn't even up to 3 weeks yet.
If you want to know the sources, you can help yourself. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by PhockPhockMan: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Looks like Nigeria is not ready for a modern election.

Thanks PDP.

Modified....

Basically, if PDP had made funding INEC a big priority....and had made Jega get the money and materials he needed on time.....and if PDP had allowed us have light permanently.....then we won't be having issues with PVC.

If this election is flawed....PDP better not complain. They could have made things work better.
For your information, PDP and FG don't have control over INEC funds.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by daudae1: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Mudafuckers...PDP are strongly behind de discard of card readers cos dey knw dey have lost de election..They have a mission fo de president to remove jega and bring in somebody dat will discard de use of de card readers soo dat dey can Rig de election...wat a pitty!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Interactive Session With Women- (live Photos) / FG Confirms Anambra’s Status As Oil Producing State / Segalink Shares Video Of El-Zakzaky Preaching Against Killings, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.