Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. (25731 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Wins APC Mock Poll For House Of Reps Speaker / Card Readers: INEC To Hold Mock Elections In 12 States / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Mrslimblack(m): 8:12am On Mar 08, 2015
If this is true, then why was Jega in a hurry to conduct the election two weeks ago. I perceive Jega is really biased, seems he really wants to rush the election and declare a specific candidate as the winner. If not for the election postponement, so those card readers could not have been tested, we expect Jega to be as free as he can and do away with tribal sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by onatisi(m): 8:13am On Mar 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Jega resigns....what next?(And FYI-I think he ought to go).

I doubt his successor would change anything....and any further postponement may precipitate a constitutional crisis(and also cause some national crisis too).

The problem in Nigeria is our fire brigade approach.
the problem here is the president . He gives too much respect to apc. If the removal of jega will save the lives of people and prevent chaos then let him remove jega ,kaput. If eliminating the use of readers will save this nation from chaos let him just do it . Gej listens too much to the noise of apc,while forgetting that when everything boomerangs it is this same apc that will compound all the blame on him. It is my own opinion that the card readers should be stopped and not used ,if any political party is not favourable to the idea ,that party can either go to court or boycott the elections.at times like this I wish obj is our president. If the use of pvcs alone could make apc win in osun and apga win in anambra. So what stops apc from using the pvc to win the presidential? Both apc and pdp rigs during elections ,so no single party has the monopoly of rigging elections in nigeria and so far our judiciary has done well to make sure that real winners are given back their mandate if there are proofs of actual rigging taken place.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by katazozo: 8:14am On Mar 08, 2015
And Jega confidently told us Inec was ready for Feb 14 election,
My country people my fear now is the Nigeria factor,how are we sure the person that supplied the card readers didn't mix fake with original to make more gain because this card readers is working 100% in other countries and the battery lasted for 8hours,how come our own CR battery only last for 3hours

6 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by onatisi(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2015
Mrslimblack:
If this is true, then why was Jega in a hurry to conduct the election two weeks ago. I perceive Jega is really biased, seems he really wants to rush the election and declare a specific candidate as the winner. If not for the election postponement, so those card readers could not have been tested, we expect Jega to be as free as he can and do away with tribal sentiments.
this is what gej was shouting then , and duummb apc ppl on nairaland who are brain dead were abusing him . Jega wanted to conduct an election on the 14th of feb with a new method ,which hasn't been tested to reveal its flaws and correct it ,with over 27million eligible voters who haven't collected their pvcs ,with card readers which haven't been used before in nigeria. Believe me if the election had gone ahead then this nation would have been in turmoil by now.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2015
#GEJ4olympicgames
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by onatisi(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2015
katazozo:
And Jega confidently told us Inec was ready for Feb 14 election,
My country people my fear now is the Nigeria factor,how are we sure the person that supplied the card readers didn't mix fake with original to make more gain because this card readers is working 100% in other countries and the battery lasted for 8hours,how come our own CR battery only last for 3hours
this is what fayose has been saying that why is apc keen on using it and why is apc protecting jega. Jega has too many questions to answer but from all indications he is working according to the plans of apc ,which is detrimental to the peaceful conduct of this upcoming elections.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by katazozo: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2015
Mrslimblack:
JEGA MUST TELL NIGERIANS WHY HE SAID INEC WAS READY FOR FEB 14 ELECTION,HONESTLY THAT MAN JEGA HAVE A HIDDEN AGENDA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by ransomed: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2015
Anti- card readers intentionally brought cloned PVCs to discret the machine.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by maum: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2015
One thing really jumped out, "Failure of the biometric confirmation was higher in the north..."

4 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Sobeautiful: 8:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Some apc supporters are not aware that apc will lose out more if these card readers are used. The exercise was a fiasco in the area that is their stronghold which is the north. People rejoice and jump up without checking out things properly, especially when issues are working against them.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by phila123(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Only One Glass Of This Syrup Can Help You To Get Rid Of Fats In The Blood http://www.revivezonepharmacy.com/2015/03/only-one-glass-of-this-syrup-can-help.html
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by onatisi(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2015
[s]
ransomed:
Anti- card readers intentionally brought cloned PVCs to discret the machine.
[/s]common sense is what u need .

5 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by mperoakeem(m): 8:26am On Mar 08, 2015
januzaj:
senseless as usual....baba iya re to wa labule
pls are u this d*ft in real life
una Dey blame am.the guy neva clock 18 now... So na fish brain He get
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by ceejay80s(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2015
Battery run down in 3hrs?
Blame nepa, their own don too much, its high time we give nepa an unforgettable experience,
I am still thinking of what to do to nepa, should I go join bokoharam becos of nepa?
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by udemzyudex(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2015
This is where some people are getting it wrong,nobody said we should not use PVC,the problem we have now is the card reader,we should be thankful to PDP for raising an alarm concerning this card reader and the postponement of the election.. Now imagine what would have happen if the election had taken place on the first schedule date...

Yeah,this is an era of technology,no dispute about that,but in situation like this,things should be done carefully..

INEC had 4yrs to prepare for this but they were too slow,and i believe they have a plan B for this,cos they ought to have tested this card reader during the Osun and Ekiti state election instead of using the Presidential election to test it...

I don't blame those who want JEGA to go,though there is still chance for improvement,the only reason i'm annoyed with him is because of the lie he said..

How can he say the INEC is ready when they are not? Haba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by anonimi: 8:33am On Mar 08, 2015
agabusta:
The PDP is at it again emphasising the little flaws that was recorded.

Either they like it or not, we'll send them parking from Aso villa.

It is time honest and people of integrity steer the affairs of this country.

GMB/PYO!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186225_change_jpeg_jpeg94b34b227702fbe5c47290c95691a634

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by madridguy(m): 8:33am On Mar 08, 2015
I am sure this is a matured forum and not for kids. So I expect you to exhibit the maturity here before you qoute someone. Get yourself a copy of today's PUNCH paper and check the front page.

balladin:

Better reason with ur head. Didn't you read the post or you're just blinded by ur toxic political leanings? Be objective for once.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by anonimi: 8:36am On Mar 08, 2015
ceejay80s:
Battery run down in 3hrs?
Blame nepa, their own don too much, its high time we give nepa an unforgettable experience,
I am still thinking of what to do to nepa, should I go join bokoharam becos of nepa?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2090179_buharinopower_jpeg076a5ac049bdb0d76435be4901421bce
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by octopusfreaky(f): 8:38am On Mar 08, 2015
Another excuse popping up,,,,,,,,when will things stabilise and work effectively
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by agabusta: 8:39am On Mar 08, 2015
Vicotex:
By their lies and mouth odour we shall know them.

An Apc tout spotted

Whenever SATAN listens to one of APC's lies, he screams "GOD FORBID".

Look at this one. What is the lie in what I have written? Is the PDP not morbidly terrified of card readers that is meant to discourage rigging? Instead of the PDP to bring out points to improve the use of card readers, all they have been doing is to try their all to scuttle the process.

Put your utterance side by side with mine, and tell me who is the tout & liar btw us.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by anonimi: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2015
change9ja:
someone is the FG that's supervised the Purchase of Materials used by INEC

I thought the I that is in INEC means Independent, is that no longer the case

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by vanilson(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2015
PVC flaw rectification should be championed by d president not just Jega.All Nigerians wake-up wherever you are for #change#! Buhari and Osinbajo. Can change this country and Nigeria will be better again. Yes they can do it. Don't let people deceive people party, deceive you.They are coming again!!! Shine your eyes well, OJB, called them hawks that surround GEJ, Its has been proven that we are not moving forward for past 6 years now, all what they do is to recycle themselves and continuity embezzlement of Nigerians money. You can see for yourself, people deceive people PDP party, that is their mentality. They said Buhari will take us back if elected President! Nigerians say it's a good decision to go back when you've lost your way on a 6 years. PDP journey where our destination as a nation is no longer visible. Please, Buhari, take us back to the era where:1. One Dollar was less than one Naira. It is incredible today!2. Everything was on first come first serve basis.3. There was zero tolerance for corruption.4. Oil refineries in PortHarcourt, Warri & Kaduna were built & running at full capacity.5. Anybody with questionable wealth was afraid to display it in public. 6. There was Zero tolerance for indiscipline. Everything was in order7. Nigeria had no debt at all.8. Neglecting your children was a crime9. Littering the public place was a crime10. Twenty oil depots were built and functioning.11 Western world can't interfere into our nation.12. Chad invaded Nigeria, we sent them packing but did not harness their Land13. Our economy was NOT running on generator14. We can sleep with our eyes closed because we were secured.15. Countries like Indonesia and Malaysia need not to set example on how to deal with drug pushers. 16. The Maitaseine Islamic Sect insurgency in the North was crushed on record time. 17. We want those days when Buhari was a military Governor but did not amass illegal wealth. 18. We want those days when Buhari was a Minister of Petroleum but did not hire a private jet for N10 billion. 19. We want those days when Buhari was a Head of State but did not loot the Treasury. 20. We want those days when Buhari was Head of PTF but did not steal the Fund even in the days of Abacha when stealing was the order of the day. Pls, Buhari & Osinbajo, take us BACK! We can't afford another 4yrs of waste in the hands of PDP!!! Take us BACK to the good old days of this our great nation. #ihavedecided to vote for #change#
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by ejiro2130(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2015
chukwudi44:

Little flaws ke? I hope you won't be the one to complain after the elections.

Nigerians should come ask ghana what happened during their elections, with biometric data you will always have these complains especially in farming communities, if batteries last for three hours go with power banks

Why are we complaining??
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by emiye(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2015
No cause fo alarm, before now, arrangements have been made by INEC to extend accreditation/ voting till the second day, in polling booths where there are wide spread issues with card readers, additionally incident forms of 15% of total voters register were provided to cater for cases were card was authenticated as genuine and alloted to a polling unit, shows details of the card holder , but fails to accept biometrics.

Card readers must stay, i remember in 2011 registration in polling units, there were initial struggle with the taking of biometrics, which was rectified. INEC now needs to ensure, methylated spirits and hand wipes are provided at polling booths
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by CHM11: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Looks like Nigeria is not ready for a modern election.

Thanks PDP.

Modified....

Basically, if PDP had made funding INEC a big priority....and had made Jega get the money and materials he needed on time.....and if PDP had allowed us have light permanently.....then we won't be having issues with PVC.

If this election is flawed....PDP better not complain. They could have made things work better.
Not a good post. PDP is not the Nigerian government. Government is a collection of people from different parties. You have governors, house of reps, national assembly, senate etc etc from different parties. The faults of this country is not resident in PDP alone.
Take for example, the PIB, its been stalled by the national assembly and in effect holding of developments and funding of projects that could diversify the nigerian petroleum industry.

Additionally, these same party politicians move from one party to another freely so in effect, we are dealing with the same sets of people repeatedly since time immemorial.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Bluepamex: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2015
AM SUSPECTING JEGA, HE WANTED A CIVIL WAR IN NIGERIA THAT WAS WHY HE WAS EMPHASISING THAT INEC WAS READY FOR FEBRUARY 14 ELECTION .MY QUESTION IS WHY DIDN'T INEC USE THIS CARD READER DURING EKITI AND OSUN POLL FOR NIGERIANS TO SEE HOW EFFECTIVE IT IS?

5 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by anonimi: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2015
Yomieluv:
A world where digital computers rule.

In that world, airport cleaners are not paid an ILLEGAL wage of N7,500, which is way below the MINIMUM wage of N18,000 while the man of integrity receives a pension of N23 million, not so

What manner of HYPOCRITES!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Remii(m): 8:47am On Mar 08, 2015
dmyke:
Na wa for some people oh. How anyone can see the mock elections as successful is beyond me. Abeg, what percentage of failed accreditations would make it a failure in your eyes? There is no margin for error. Anything less than 99% successful finger print recognition is not good enough. No single Nigerian should be denied the right to vote through no fault of theirs.

One can only imagine what would have happened if the elections had held on February 14. Up till this moment, some PVCs have not yet been delivered to INEC. What would be the fate of the Nigerians whose PVCs are yet to be delivered? They should just sit back and whistle? smh.
even if you wait forever, everyone cannot get pvc, some are dead, some change position, some not interested, some names are fake, so there must be a cut off date to make 29 May sacrosanct
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by otr1(m): 8:51am On Mar 08, 2015
myhoodlink:

Not so bro. If this was the main election, GEJ would won by 95% due to the fact that majority of Kano voters (perceived stronghold of the opposition) had problems with the CR recognising their PVC just like Rivers State
The problem in Kano was not about the authenticity of the card, but of fingerprints and I don't think these people will not be verified on this ground alone provided they pass photo verification. Stop spreading falsehood. Those with cloned should steer of our polls.

1 Like

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 08, 2015
CHM11:

Not a good post. PDP is not the Nigerian government. Government is a collection of people from different parties. You have governors, house of reps, national assembly, senate etc etc from different parties. The faults of this country is not resident in PDP alone.
Take for example, the PIB, its been stalled by the national assembly and in effect holding of developments and funding of projects that could diversify the nigerian petroleum industry.

Additionally, these same party politicians move from one party to another freely so in effect, we are dealing with the same sets of people repeatedly since time immemorial.

INEC is directly run by the Federal Govt...which happens to be PDP run right now.
Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by anonimi: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2015
vanilson:
They said Buhari will take us back if elected President! Nigerians say it's a good decision to go back when you've lost your way on a 6 years.
Pls, Buhari & Osinbajo, take us BACK! We can't afford another 4yrs of waste in the hands of PDP!!! Take us BACK to the good old days of this our great nation. #ihavedecided to vote for #change#

The Guardian, 15 March, 1985

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2033689_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: INEC Mock Poll Exposes Card Readers’ Flaws. by PassingShot(m): 8:56am On Mar 08, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You've spoken like a true democrat. I like that.

Hehehe! Funny how you agree on something with me. Kudos sha!

Fyi, I have been and will remain a true democrat. I will continue to support what is good for my country irrespective of the party I support.

Though I maintain that no one should be disenfranchised for no fault of theirs, my support for the use of the card reader is unwavering because it remains the only way to make our elections have any semblance of credibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Segalink Shares Video Of El-Zakzaky Preaching Against Killings, Nigerians React / All Imo Flights Blacklisted Nationwide Over Attack On NLC President / Loved Up Photo Of Wike And His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.