Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel (33219 Views)

33years Later: Do You Remember These People? / Africa Magic To Launch Igbo Channel / Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by deeplow: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2015
customized13:
blind post, yet nollywood is a monopoly of Igbo culture.

Stop being a saddist.
Calculia:

Let me guess, u are a yoruba giving igbos advise again, on wat is in their interest? It is in igbo interest to watch yoruba and hausa channel?
Who invented Nollywood? Who invented Nigeria movie culture? Do u know the level of demand for Nollywood to revert back to igbo film production as opposed to the English film they embark on for an all inclusive viewing? Please save your advice for your tribe, we did not ask for them.

Nobody is denying the fact that igbos are MAJOR in nollywood. If you are satisfied with being the boss in English movies, why clamour for a strictly Igbo channel?

I geef up on you guys

18 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by MayorofLagos(m): 11:21am On Mar 08, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
If DSTV doesn't want to give you an igbo channel then create one for yourselves and stop crying monopoly

They can't! They don't have the will or vision for creativity. Someone has to lead and show them. If it was a criminal activity they would already have self-perfected it without anyone's direction.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by gwales: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Igbos logic, blame yoruba and hausa

12 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Igbos have no rival in cry baby. They create problem for themselves and later cry marginalisation. You can't eat your cake and have it

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by QuotaSystem: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
B69U:
Why must everything in Nigeria relating to the igbos be problematic. Ordinary television channel. smh for DSTV!

Its because of their obsession with domination. They hate to be dominated, but love to dominate. If you understand this fact about ibos, you will understand why they are where they are in this country. On this thread alone you can hear them (customized13) complaining of being dominated in one breath, then triumphantly claiming to dominate Africa Magic grin in their next breath.

Too bad they lack what it takes to dominate. Their rubbish is only tolerated in Nigeria.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Kingspin(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
That is what you find in the so called one Nigeria and they are fighting we maintain the statuo quo 'NEVER' . We must change the direction of governing the country so that all will benefit. Let the greed among us feel the wrath.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Kingspin(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Its because of their obsession with domination. They hate to be dominated, but love to dominate. If you understand this fact about ibos, you will understand why they are where they are in this country. On this thread alone you can hear them (customized13) complaining of being dominated in one breath, then triumphantly claiming to dominate Africa Magic grin in their next breath.

Too bad they lack what it takes to dominate. Their rubbish is only tolerated in Nigeria.
Look at you. How many Nigeria live in London. How many time do u heard domination people are talking about development. Even in USA ,u find all races, colour and countries in the world helping to build America. If ur not good at a particular thing others are at better with it.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
MayorofLagos:

They can't! They don't have the will or vision for creativity. Someone has to lead and show them. If it was a criminal activity they would already have self-perfected it without anyone's direction.

Have you ever heard of the term economic expansion

Who watches the gbegiri movies

Igbos are global in Outlook while yorubas are clanish in Outlook

Just playing

Happy Sunday

5 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by QuotaSystem: 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kingspin:
Look at you. How many Nigeria live in London. How many time do u heard domination people are talking about development. Even in USA ,u find all races, colour and countries in the world helping to build America. If ur not good at a particular thing others are at better with it.
Exactly. I'm impressed by your thought process, I have lots of Igbo friends over here, and though some exhibit that 'dominance' trait, most are progressive minded. If everyone accepts that they are not the best at everything and chooses synergy, things would be a lot easier. Have you not heard the Igbo stance on Lagos? How can that bring peace or development? One then wonders if its the Nigerian situation that causes some Igbos to be irritants.

9 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Kingspin(m): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Exactly. I'm impressed by your thought process, I have lots of Igbo friends over here, and though some exhibit that 'dominance' trait, most are progressive minded. If everyone accepts that they are not the best at everything and chooses synergy, things would be a lot easier. Have you not heard the Igbo stance on Lagos? How can that bring peace or development? One then wonders if its the Nigerian situation that causes some Igbos to be irritants.
The truth is it not an ibo thing it general, you found it especially within the three major tribe Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba in Nigeria. It rooted and fundamental right inside our minds. And often argument with friends that you see tribe and religion, both are the major disunity and problem with Nigeria. Why do i said so take a deep look at the country you found divide along this two i mention above. It a fact and real situation we find ourselves even before we became independent. If we takes care of these two our problems is more than half solved. My belive is if states can be independent and source for their revenues u see they will welcome everybody because they need their service to grow.

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Kingspin(m): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
deeplow:

Nobody is denying the fact that igbos are MAJOR in nollywood. If you are satisfied with being the boss in English movies, why clamour for a strictly Igbo channel?

I geef up on you guys
What do u mean by that we have ibo speaking stations both on radio and television till date dude.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by disloman(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Calculia:
Wat does it take to give Ndiigbo their channel? Fear that they might out do hausa and yoruba and be more popular? Perhaps the recognition that Ndiigbo invented Nollywood and are great.

It is just jealousy and envy of Ndiigbo that is the only reason they try very hard to hold us down but we rise and rise again.
U must b a f00l 4 that analogy u gave.

14 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Have you ever heard of the term economic expansion

Who watches the gbegiri movies

Igbos are global in Outlook while yorubas are clanish in Outlook

Just playing

Happy Sunday
This is where you people get it wrong. I believe you'll still find a way to blame the yorubas for your dying ibo language, forgetting that you guys. Failed to promote it.

One of your colleagues is already laughing at yoruba movie subtitling. How come those that can speak good english don't have their own dstv station?

If south africa decides not to give ibos a station, why blame the yorubas?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ibos......always wanting to be spoonfed. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Calculia: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
seun lalasticlala FP

For those of you asking wat will they show on it. There is too many classical igbo movies that they can start with and am sure so many igbo stories and social cultural events will follow.

There is too many things to show on African Magic Igbo 24/7.

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Calculia: 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
Missing classical igbo movie like Rattle Snake. Biko nu!

All before Jim Iyke era...

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by B69U: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:

I was not in support of DSTV, they were out of order for not launching an igbo channel back in 2010 alongside the Hausa and Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by walemoney007(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
customized13:
Even with the Yoruba and Hausa stations, Igbo nollywood artists are still far popular and influential in the entertainment industry. If igbos request for a station, I am sure DSTV will not hessiatate to lunch it.

since wen av u pple been requestin for igbo channel on dstv?

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
B69U:

I was not in support of DSTV, they were out of order for not launching an igbo channel back in 2010.

They were not out of order. This issue is not new, and it's got nothing to do with ethnicity.

DSTV explained then that they did not have enough viewing materials in Igbo language to warrant a dedicated channel in 2010.

So, there's no conspiracy to marginalize Igbo. Why would they want to do that anyway? Is DSTV not a business? A dedicated channel entails certain costs that must be paid for. It is just business, nothing more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by SweetJoystick(m): 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
waternogetenemy:

Even with my expo, u cannot spell comprehension. I give up!
you really must be dumb for picking out only comprehension as the typo error in the statement.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by ChristyG(f): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ibo animals are always whinning and crying like d losers dey are.it is now Yoruba fault that there is no Ibo channel?oh u don't own nollywood,u are just CO-OWNERS like other tribes.nollywood has gone past those useless chewing gum films that u idiots produce,we now see more quality movies.kunle afolayan movie won most of d awards at d amvca yesterday,the highest grossing Nigerian movie was done by a Yoruba man(ay makun),so how do u own it?
so u guys can continuing hating,ur movies are useless and there is no market for it,stop claiming nollywood,useless tribe.bunch of haters.... cry cry cry

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by aresa: 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Calculia:

Let me guess, u are a yoruba giving igbos advise again, on wat is in their interest? It is in igbo interest to watch yoruba and hausa channel?

Who invented Nollywood? Who invented Nigeria movie culture? Do u know the level of demand for Nollywood to revert back to igbo film production as opposed to the English film they embark on for an all inclusive viewing? Please save your advice for your tribe, we did not ask for them.

Those days of classical igbo movies like Evil Passion

The gist flew over your head ...

3 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by emmysoftyou: 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
deeplow:

I geef up on you guys
cos we want to dominate igbo movies as a boss after dominating english films as a boss,
Then we will come to yoruba films and also dominate it as a boss too..
Emeka ike,
Mike ezuronye,
And ngozi nwosu have acted yoruba movies before...

So One good thing about the fear of my pple is that we love dominating and conquering in sphere that has to do with competitions...,

just see what will happened after igbo station is launch and dominated by ndigbos,and if no space,we will
shift to yorubahood to kannyhood called hausa station cos we speak all languages in nigeria.
Hence our advantage as businessmen...

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by emmysoftyou: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Calculia:
Missing classical igbo movie like Rattle Snake. Biko nu!

All before Jim Iyke era...
i shed tears when i saw those pix of rattlesnake and nneka,you flash me back to the past...
Do yu know,that was the first movie ,francis duru(ahanna),from mbano and julius agwu(peter junior)from ikwerre acted?..
That movies is classic and great..

Let me remind yu of some of them,

taboo..
Fatai desire...
Ikuku...
Love without language...
The evil that men do,live after them..
Blood money...
And many more igbos movies ...chai we need that african igbo magic or juju sharp sharp...

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is the problem with you people ...always advising

Who need your advise

1toRtoiSe1:
This is where you people get it wrong. I believe you'll still find a way to blame the yorubas for your dying ibo language, forgetting that you guys. Failed to promote it.

One of your colleagues is already laughing at yoruba movie subtitling. How come those that can speak good english don't have their own dstv station?

If south africa decides not to give ibos a station, why blame the yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
ChristyG:
Ibo animals are always whinning and crying like d losers dey are.it is now Yoruba fault that there is no Ibo channel?oh u don't own nollywood,u are just CO-OWNERS like other tribes.nollywood has gone past those useless chewing gum films that u idiots produce,we now see more quality movies.kunle afolayan movie won most of d awards at d amvca yesterday,the highest grossing Nigerian movie was done by a Yoruba man(ay makun),so how do u own it?
so u guys can continuing hating,ur movies are useless and there is no market for it,stop claiming nollywood,useless tribe.bunch of haters.... cry cry cry

Such a shame of a woman

Bunch of simpliton...who wants a clanish movie where we can potray our culture globally

Gbegiri movies are for gbegiri people not global so play in your backyard..we are playing international

5 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Who need your advise

then stop whining. You can't expect people to spoonfeed you like newborns. If you want an igbo channel, go get it.

18 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by tonychristopher: 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
then stop whining. You can't expect people to spoonfeed you like newborns. If you want an igbo channel, go get it.

Who is whining ..is it not you that is crying more than the bereaved

Igbo gives you heart attack always

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by cheruv: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I believe Yoruba and Hausa were there because of their spread amongst speakers beyond Nigerian borders. Ibo is not spoken across the borders.
ask about Kamerun,Guiniy Ekwatoria and Gabon

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Adegbodolu1: 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
tonychristopher:
Who need your advise

Who need our advise? The IGBOs.

They are nothing without Yoruba's acceptance and recognition. Always seeking Yoruba's acknowledgement.

We are the pathfinders, Igbo follow but make too much noise.

15 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Adegbodolu1: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
cheruv:

ask about Kamerun,Guiniy Ekwatoria and Gabon

Liar Igbo is not spoken outside the South Easter Igbo states.

Land mass? Dont even go there.

17 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

Liar Igbo is not spoken outside the South Easter Igbo states.

Land mass? Dont even go there.
it is hardly spoken in southeast sef, that's why their language is dying.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Housemates Say What They Dislike About Each Other, & It's Interesting! / Download Top Gun (2022): Maverick By Tom Cruise. Free Movie Search Engine / Bbnaija: Venita Evicted From Pepper Dem Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.