Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel (33179 Views)

33years Later: Do You Remember These People? / Africa Magic To Launch Igbo Channel / Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by deeptechcool(m): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
customized13:
bettter, cos I fit drag am reach next yr.

Now, I'm laffin hard.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Karlovich: 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
DerKaiser:

I thought you were too ace to ignore me? Should have guessed better, lol.

Don't get it twisted though cause addressing you as a kid has more to do with you than whatever my perceived age is to you. Anybody who openly and shamelessly insults his parents language in order to gain cheap and irrelevant Internet notoriety has the intelligence equivalence of a weasel, at least to me.

But please ignore me like you promised 'cause I also know how to bring heat when irked and I wouldn't care that you are a girl, at least online.

Take care Auntie.

No.
I changed my mind__ bring the damn heat on.
Like I said, your brain is on auto-reverse.
When you start reasoning well, holla, for a meaningful discourse.

Who cares if you care that I am a female.
Nigga do you pay my bills?

Once again, never you in your e-life - twerk on my comment.

Respect is reciprocal, you don't address me with expletives and lewd comments, then expect me to clap for you.

Look at you, trying to claim mature. When you can't converse like a civil human.
Oh pls, nigga we doing the growing up together...lolss.

softysparky:

Dont mind the coconut head.
Igbo man claps....
Igbo man claps...
Igbo man claps and smiles
Igbo man shouts.......Marginalisation and bigotry.

Silly nwa-mkpi, trying to form professor.
How did I deny my father's tongue?
Did I @ any point say I can't speak igbo.

They just can't take the truth, even when you sugar-coat it.

3 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Mikolo70(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
emmysoftyou:
cos we want to dominate igbo movies as a boss after dominating english films as a boss,
Then we will come to yoruba films and also dominate it as a boss too..
Emeka ike,
Mike ezuronye,
And ngozi nwosu have acted yoruba movies before...

So One good thing about the fear of my pple is that we love dominating and conquering in sphere that has to do with competitions...,

just see what will happened after igbo station is launch and dominated by ndigbos,and if no space,we will
shift to yorubahood to kannyhood called hausa station cos we speak all languages in nigeria.
Hence our advantage as businessmen...
You mumu nor be small....

5 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Humblebloke(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mtcheew!........Irrelevancies
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by egift(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
customized13:
I engage egift and orlandoowoh in Igbo on this forum and they are both yorubas. Oya say something else.

I have been a Web Designer for years before being interested in NL politics. May know me here and I have had the opportunity of meeting and working with some guys here. We we had NL Graphics Contest, I won the 3rd place, my details are there. I REP 042.

But if because I support Buhari is the reason you are blaspheming, then keep it up.

This is a Season of Change. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by IYANGBALI: 7:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Shebuzor,shedi,sheamaka,sheyere and Nwa obo do have been schemed out again,no worry wait for Biafran magic grin

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by adexeli(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
I will still keep on saying it.. Nigeria's greatest problem is tribalism..The op just asked for opinions about the new development.. Tribal bigots invaded the thread.. You should be proud of your culture but don't feel other tribes are inferior... #teamonenigeria
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by omotoyossi(m): 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
look at d mumus shoutin over ENGLISH subtitles as if it ws our mother tongue..bunch of dead-brains...hw do pple think sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by IYANGBALI: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
excellentmomma:

I'm Igbo but you spoke well without bashing, that's the pure truth. Albeit I have watched one recent Igbo film, "Nkoli Nwa Nsukka", very interesting, more of that should come up. Ka Chineke mezie okwu. Though I trust my people, the Igbo channel will give them a boost, more people will see Igbo movies giving more commercial value.
more people?how many are you people that you came here bragging of giving them a boost?
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by IYANGBALI: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Menace2Society:
What is this one saying?Guess u never read their post abi?
ignore that babe jare the boy friend na igbo,no Yoruba man dey look her side at her late forties
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by IYANGBALI: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
MayorofLagos:

They can't! They don't have the will or vision for creativity. Someone has to lead and show them. If it was a criminal activity they would already have self-perfected it without anyone's direction.

yepaaaaaaaa you half kills dem patapata
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

No.

Respect is reciprocal, you don't address me with expletives and lewd comments, then expect me to clap for you.

Look at you, trying to claim mature. When you can't converse like a civil human.

He's not worth it abeg.
Don't waste your time on him please.

5 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by IYANGBALI: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I believe Yoruba and Hausa were there because of their spread amongst speakers beyond Nigerian borders. Ibo is not spoken across the borders.
igbo is spoked only in Nnewi grin

1 Like

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by bensowe(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Who founded the home movies u are enjoying today? The greatest disappointment of technology is that" u cant slap someone here". :@
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by DerKaiser: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

No.

Haha, I ain't hollering for any meaningful discourse 'cause I have no idea what i could possibly discuss with a weasel, ain't need your reciprocity in respect because it is useless to me and I ain't no nigga, keep that for your fellow gutter kind.

I find it quite amusing when you try to refer to me with words like Randy to try and push the notion that I am one of the ridiculous male folks who inadvertently lust for you cheap, 2-for-a-dollar nairaland fake girls online. sorry auntie but you got the wrong guy.

And what is with the twerking comments? I think you are mistaking me for one of your closet gay admirers, sorry I don't do ghetto girls who twerk or get twerked on.

Anyway, my points remains that it is only a shameless child that points to his father's house with his/her left hand.

You can choose to learn and become yoruba, complete with the tiger claw scars, that ain't my business but I won't sit back and watch any nonentity online insult the giant strides that Igbo language, movies and literature have made and their contribution to the growth of Nollywood up to this point. Like I said before, if anybody does that, I bring heat.

Hope you'll remember that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by zenith4biz(m): 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
IYANGBALI:
igbo is spoked only in Nnewi grin

Gbagaun....... This grammar you are 'spoked' there is goduoooooooooooooo
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by IYANGBALI: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
emmysoftyou:
cos we want to dominate igbo movies as a boss after dominating english films as a boss,
Then we will come to yoruba films and also dominate it as a boss too..
Emeka ike,
Mike ezuronye,
And ngozi nwosu have acted yoruba movies before...

So One good thing about the fear of my pple is that we love dominating and conquering in sphere that has to do with competitions...,

just see what will happened after igbo station is launch and dominated by ndigbos,and if no space,we will
shift to yorubahood to kannyhood called hausa station cos we speak all languages in nigeria.
Hence our advantage as businessmen...
now I know one of the reasons an igbo man or woman will never rule Nigeria. Dominate ko,domination ni,nothing for you guys in Nigeria again,better start moving to your Biafra. Bunch of self centered people tongue

3 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
WHAT DE HELL IS GOING ON HERE BIKO NU?

THE FLAT HEAD NATION AND THE CONE HEADS AT EACH OTHER THROATS AGAIN? grin grin grin grin

Aja Okuta ma mo omi ati Ofe mmanu displaying their ill talents as usual. CONTINU! !!
INSTEAD OF PLANNING HOW TO KICK THE MONOPOLY OF SA DSTV OUT OF NAIJA, UNA DEY HERE DEY FLEX POWER . CONTINU! !!! grin grin cheesy

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
I love igbo people__ because, they keeep convincing themselves that they are being hated on.

Lets face reality, if they decide to create an igbo station - do we have enough content?
Do we have enough actors?

Apart from Queen Nwokoye, and a handful__ who else would be in the cast?

Majority of igbo actors have deflected to nollywood (English speaking Nigerian movie).

That's not the same for yorubas, the best yoruba actors are not even the ones you see in Nollywood. Majority of their veteran actors are in their indigenous industry (Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo), Yinka Quadri, Adebayo Salami(Oga Bello),Jide Kosoko,Idowu Phillips (Iya Rainbow) . Carving a niche for themselves there.

__ then the younger generation: Funke Akindele,Doris Simeon, Fathia Balogun, Iyabo Ojo, Femi Adebayo, Odunlade Adekola, Dayo Amusa, Mercy Aigbe etc.

Y'all need to watch yoruba movies, the sync, cast, colour, storyline hasn't even been achieved by the igbo dominated Nollywood.

Igbo people should work on themselves and stop looking for who to blame everytime. It's becoming boring.

Cc:softysparky
Kachi, you know that the bolded is a pure lie(no offence)
We all know that Top yoruba well known actors and actress act in English movies rather than Yoruba own.

-Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
-Jibola Dabo
-Joke Silva
-Olu Jacobs
-Funke Akindele and Yomi Fash-lanso are deflecting to English part.
-Kehinde Bankole
-Femi Jacobs
-Rukky Sanda
-Yemi Blaq
-Sobo Sobowale etc

Mind you, amongst these people you mentioned, only Funke Akindele and Jide Kosoko that are really popular. They still act a tad bit of English movie and Mercy Aigbe is the only well-popular yoruba inclined actress.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Firstly I made that comment not her.

Yes, I wouldn't watch an igbo movie @gun point - it gat no content.
Maybe, I might watch it when it has a content(I don't nibble on mediocrity).

When I see people like you, advertently exude unconscionable level of fatuity, inferiority complex, garrulity, querulousness and petulance.
I just sit back and watch.

To bandy words with you, would be an affront on my well-groomed sensibility and intellect. Your level of assimilation is turbid and way below par...

Please, bear with me if I don't indulge you again. Right now, it's only apposite that I ignore you__ I think your brain is on Auto-reverse.

Thanks.

Leave that random twerp.
He should go work on his self-esteem.

Imagine saying I am not one of the igbos he knew growing up, like say if im know me it would pay my bills.

Silly guys be forming bragado on cyberspace.
Blood of GOD!! This is absolutely brutal! shocked shocked. where you dey where those guys dey always bully me around for nairaland, chai! angry. Please do remind me never to get into any sort of altercation with you whatsoever. omo see finishing!

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Masterclass32: 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
We don't have an Igbo station.

But we are Not complaining. Don't complain on our behalf. You have better things to do with your time. We no beg you. Don't cry more than the bereaved.

Igbo Kwenu!
Anyi ga-adi.

Igbo for Life!
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by chyket(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
deeplow:
No disrespect to the igbos. I love igbos. Truth be told, there aren't enough content to air. There is an igbo channel on startimes, and they barely have anything interesting to put on, and it is characterised by repititions. If dstv were to eventually open an Ndigbo channel, I am sure even igbos will get bored after a while.

Popular Igbo Nollywood actors have to forget all the pure English movies they act in. Promote their culture to the world. Most Indian actors speak good English, but they still stick to their language in movies, and theybare respected everywhere. Every week, at least 15 yoruba movies are released, Even though half of them are nonsense, it still gives room for options. Igbos should release as many as possible too.

I would be glad, if they can work on this, and produce plenty many Igbo movies. Maybe from there, I will learn enough Igbo to woo Chinweizu(my life long crush).
I am very impressed by this submission because its unbiased and objective.I am igbo and i dont feel diminished by this write up.
I wish most topics on nairaland that cuts across tribal lines will be treated this way,so that people can appreciate the message behind the write up without being reduced or diminished

3 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by ldpele(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
deeplow:
No disrespect to the igbos. I love igbos. Truth be told, there aren't enough content to air. There is an igbo channel on startimes, and they barely have anything interesting to put on, and it is characterised by repititions. If dstv were to eventually open an Ndigbo channel, I am sure even igbos will get bored after a while.

Popular Igbo Nollywood actors have to forget all the pure English movies they act in. Promote their culture to the world. Most Indian actors speak good English, but they still stick to their language in movies, and theybare respected everywhere. Every week, at least 15 yoruba movies are released, Even though half of them are nonsense, it still gives room for options. Igbos should release as many as possible too.

I would be glad, if they can work on this, and produce plenty many Igbo movies. Maybe from there, I will learn enough Igbo to woo Chinweizu(my life long crush).
On what premise are you rolling out those statistic? Please stop lying to nairalanders, if I call u an APC spokes person, I won't be wrong cos they are full of lies.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Blood of GOD!! This is absolutely brutal! shocked shocked. where you dey where those guys dey always bully me around for nairaland, chai! angry. Please do remind me never to get into any sort of altercation with you whatsoever. omo see finishing!

lols.
You know I don't do e-fight, but the twerp had to bring in my parents - telling me to go ask them my root.
That's an insult I won't take from the self-acclaimed mature man.

Logicalmind:

Kachi, you know that the bolded is a pure lie(no offence)
We all know that Top yoruba well known actors and actress act in English movies rather than Yoruba own.
-Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
-Jibola Dabo
-Joke Silva
-Olu Jacobs
-Funke Akindele and Yomi Fash-lanso are deflecting to English part.
-Kehinde Bankole
-Femi Jacobs
-Rukky Sanda
-Yemi Blaq
-Sobo Sobowale etc
Mind you, amongst these people you mentioned, only Funke Akindele and Jide Kosoko that are really popular. They still act a tad bit of English movie and Mercy Aigbe is the only well-popular yoruba inclined actress.
Firstly best is subjective.
Out of the people you mentioned, only Omotola, Olu/Joke Jacobs, Shola Shobowale and Funke rate above par.

If you watch Funke in a yoruba movie, trust me - you would never watch her English movie again. She seems fake in English movies.

You need to watch yoruba movies, just try and watch one. Then we can have this conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 9iceClick: 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
Oyin Igbo! What do u need it for

We dash you guyz the Pirating Bizness; what else do you want, ehn? mtcheeeew
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Firstly best is subjective.
Out of the people you mentioned, only Omotola, Olu/Joke Jacobs, Shola Shobowale and Funke rate above par.

If you watch Funke in a yoruba movie, trust me - you would never watch her English movie again. She seems fake in English movies.

You need to watch yoruba movies, just try and watch one. Then we can have this conversation.

Alright. Just felt like correcting your emboldened.
Well, I don't watch any movie made in an indigenous language.

You need to watch one Nigerian comedy movie staring Queen Nwokoye, Nse-Ikpe Etim and Funke Akindele.

My mum is an Igbo, and through her, I've seen some Igbo movies. Francis Duru, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha Nonso Diobi features in some recent Igbo movies. On Africa Magic, some Igbo movies is usually aired on sunday and I've seen Emeka Ike, Uche Ogbodo and Jumbo in them...

P.S Don't forget that Ramsey Noah is also Yoruba.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 2kris(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
I love igbo people__ because, they keeep convincing themselves that they are being hated on.

Lets face reality, if they decide to create an igbo station - do we have enough content?
Do we have enough actors?

Apart from Queen Nwokoye, and a handful__ who else would be in the cast?

Majority of igbo actors have deflected to nollywood (English speaking Nigerian movie).

That's not the same for yorubas, the best yoruba actors are not even the ones you see in Nollywood. Majority of their veteran actors are in their indigenous industry (Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo), Yinka Quadri, Adebayo Salami(Oga Bello),Jide Kosoko,Idowu Phillips (Iya Rainbow) . Carving a niche for themselves there.

__ then the younger generation: Funke Akindele,Doris Simeon, Fathia Balogun, Iyabo Ojo, Femi Adebayo, Odunlade Adekola, Dayo Amusa, Mercy Aigbe etc.

Y'all need to watch yoruba movies, the sync, cast, colour, storyline hasn't even been achieved by the igbo dominated Nollywood.

Igbo people should work on themselves and stop looking for who to blame everytime. It's becoming boring.

Cc:softysparky
i think u still dey find husband?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Logicalmind:

Alright. Just felt like correcting your emboldened.
Well, I don't watch any movie made in an indigenous language.

You need to watch one Nigerian comedy movie staring Queen Nwokoye, Nse-Ikpe Etim and Funke Akindele.

My mum is an Igbo, and through her, I've seen some Igbo movies. Francis Duru, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha Nonso Diobi features in some recent Igbo movies. On Africa Magic, some Igbo movies is usually aired on sunday and I've seen Emeka Ike, Uche Ogbodo and Jumbo in them...

P.S Don't forget that Ramsey Noah is also Yoruba.

Pretty Liars.
I had to go get that movie because of the hype, and I stopped half-way through, lest it corrupts my brain.
That movie is dumb.
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ochi egbuolam eba
2kris:
i think u still dey find husband?
mi ole pariwo
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Pretty Liars.
I had to go get that movie because of the hype, and I stopped half-way through, lest it corrupts my brain.
That movie is dumb.
I watched it on AfricaMagic sha. grin
Re: Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel by 2kris(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Ochi egbuolam eba mi ole pariwo
leave that foulish girl tomoro she go dey find make one ibo guy marry her after insulting his tribe...karma will never leave her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

AMVCA 2015: Check Out ALL The Red Carpet Photos (mercy Johnson Etc) / ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) / 5 Reasons Why Big Brother Nigeria Is Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.