Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

How Many Did You Survive? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Did You Survive? (42166 Views)

Please Help My Kids And I To Survive / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by preciousan(f): 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
my own naa belt o from my dad,anything my mum lay hold of even garrison turner n knife head join ,wire from my uncle(of blessed memory ) that stayed with us ....i chop them all.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by preciousan(f): 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
my own naa belt o from my dad,anything my mum lay hold of even garri turner n knife head join ,wire from my uncle(of blessed memory ) that stayed with us ....i chop them all.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by fitinwell: 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
kilokeys:
i survived two... only to be killed by the pankere and igbale cry

For Real i survived dis ones

Mopping Stick
Fan belt
Ply woods
Shaolin palm- called dirty slap!
Koboko- dry animal skin cain
Guava or Apple tree cane

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
isacolukay:

That was mean. I can't imagine that harsh thing on ur beautiful luscious body.
Lol. Funny U. smiley
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by haryomikun(m): 12:00am On Mar 10, 2015
delishpot:

Unfortunately ke? Pkease you were fortunate i. I wish I did not experience any too. I was a very good child but my mom thought otherwise. A crime as simple as forgeting to take in clothes or some clothes when it rains will bring out the cane, a crime such as forgeting to wash my socks, will bring out the cane, a crime as easy simple as being carried away by play and forgeting to greet moms friend, will bring out the cane. I lived in fear. It destroyed me. But in my late 20s I decided to take charge of my life. I know she did what she did cos she did not know any better not out of hate. She wanted the perfect child. But who amongst us is perfect?
Late 20s? ? Did you go to a private uni? ? shocked
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by JoeCutie(m): 12:13am On Mar 10, 2015
misscastle:
Was I the only one flogged with wires?
Wires? shocked

Try that rubbish with me and I'd goan sell myself. Or better still, goan join boko haram. I don't wanto comangoandie jor. embarassed angry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by KingTom(m): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2015
Oba staff! E pain well well o grin
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 12:24am On Mar 10, 2015
haryomikun:

Late 20s? ? Did you go to a private uni? ? shocked

No. It was when I was brave enough to fight tge voices in my head. I had low self esteem before that time. It was in my 20s I decided to break out of the mental jail.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 12:25am On Mar 10, 2015
fitinwell:

For Real i survived dis ones

Mopping Stick
Fan belt
Ply woods
Shaolin palm- called dirty slap!
Koboko- dry animal skin cain
Guava or Apple tree cane

Ha ha, you dey my league. The era when parents took spare the rod and spoil the child to heart.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by tushburg(m): 12:31am On Mar 10, 2015
kilokeys:
i survived two... only to be killed by the pankere and igbale cry

Is your father APC?

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 12:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Ewuro4:

Na wa oh sad ..

Was never hit through my growing years. Im very very certain I would be dead if I was. I always cover my face, shivering and covered in hot sweat when they flog my classmates in school. I managed to stay out of trouble. I remember when we (whole class) were to cut the grass and we didn't finish our allocated lot and the teacher was going to flog the whole class shocked. I absconded school that day and was a truant for whole week. grin

God I thank you. I can't survive any form of violence oh.

Ha ha, you get luck. Could never do that. I hav. A disfigured pinkie. My teacher used a ruler to flog us on our hands when I was in primary 4. Back of the hands not palms o. She hit my bone and up till date I cant stretch that finger. Its curled up. It was a general punishment for noise making, in those days they flog the whole class if they hear any so called noise. another one even floged me and the cane hit my eye and cut me on the brow and cheek in primary 3 we did not sweep the class prior to lesson or so she dicided to punish the whole class. My mom wore shorts and came to school to fight the teacher Lol. Teacher begged her and never floged me again. Chei, I chop cane for this life oooo.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 10, 2015
I grew in a lion's den, my own is not there...
- the yarnsh of rifle
-.handcuff, used as a whip
- khaki material
- whip
- tree branch (mostly guava)
- crocodile tail, then I left home and never returned till after my training and schooling in NDA.

I'm still down to earth, don't get it twisted.
A rugged symbol of smooth personality. Thank God for who I am today.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 10, 2015
Enypie:

Lol. Funny U. smiley
I luv your eyes, it makes me feel sleepy, will you be my sleeping beauty? cheesy

(best toasting line ever)
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by kandiikane(m): 1:17am On Mar 10, 2015

My name was written on a pipe similar to this, very black and hard but the hole was smaller. My grandma kept it on top of her bedroom cupboard. Other things such as her hands, cables and hose pipes hidden behind sofas were used when she didn't have time to go get the black pipe from her room. The pipe was mainly used in the night when my body was relaxed and she, energised from dinner and rest. The worst part was the anticipation because all she would say was, "tiday na me en you" and I will go through the whole day crying, worrying, jumping anytime she moved when i was around her and asking neighbours to beg her for me.

Everyone goes in their various houses after magrib prayers when there was light (lived in a compound then) and I will stay outside scared to go in unless an uncle or older cousin comes to collect their dinner as I would normally beg them to beg my grandma for me. If no one came, I sometimes stayed out until very late at night, outside our door watching the TV through the blinds. My grandma nor send at all, she will tell me through the window whether I come in or not, that black pipe will have a taste of my body before dawn.

I always ended up having to go in sha as I rather have what she planned for breaking a glass or accidentally loosening the toilet handle than what I will get for sleeping out.

She use to wait until I had eaten and asleep like around 1 am or 2, where she would slowly remove the mosquito net to wake me up with the pipe. The neighbours will wake up to my screams, bang the walls and door begging her to stop but for where, the door is shut and the woman is having the time of her life. I got beaten so much that I learnt to block the pain, my body got numb and I was able to just sit and have her beat me without screaming or shedding a tear. Lol, frustrated her so much that one time she beat me three days in a row for small issues that didn't even make sense. For 12 years of my life I lived in soooooo much fear of my grandma, na my trip save me ohh or else I would have been a mess.

I will not use anything or allow anyone to beat my child for whatever reason. The only person that will punish them will be me in whatever way I see fit whether na grounding or monkey dance but to dey use cane, wire foot, naah. Don't want to have my child's skin spoilt and hardened abeg. Corporal punishment makes no difference, if it did our society would have been in a better place. Corporal punishment won't stop a child from accidentally breaking a plate or stop a child from forgetting that it is evening and they should stop playing and go have a bath.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by bakersss: 2:05am On Mar 10, 2015
Chaii.. you be Goat

delishpot:
The ones I survive nor dey there

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2015
delishpot:

it did not. Naturaly I was a good person. Never stole, never cheated was obidient was dependable never drank never had bad friends, never even went to visit friends, i loved to read, loved nature was baby sitting ny sibblibgs and was ready to share with the less fortunate. I learned more by what I saw her do than what she tried to force me to do. So yes, her actions ( she was a good advicer, she was good at sharing, she was reliable, she was hard working, she was kind to tge needy. Our house was like a camp, any needy person could come and be fed and have a litening ear and some words of encoragement from mom and dad. Those were the teaits that I took from tHem. that was how I learnt that kids learn from how the parent behaves and lives normaly and not what the parent insists the child does.
then the ish worked like magic . Be appreciative. Some Kids these days are terrible

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by ogborikoko: 4:58am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmmm... wot doesn't kill u, makes u stronger. But can b brutal to future self esteem.
Someone mention as little as not washing sock...hmmm d@ 1 is still gud, try as simple as sleeping by 9pm.
U know wen parents beats deir biological children like criminals n d neighbors will b like kilode. It evolves 2 an abuse of child.
weytin eye see, mouth no fit talk.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Sanuzi(m): 6:06am On Mar 10, 2015
mothersssss ccould be funny

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by DeKasablanca(f): 6:52am On Mar 10, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

shocked
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

Nd yua still alive?!
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 10, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

grin cheesy grin cheesy Guy ur Funny, Many More? smiley smiley Are u Serious
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by MissMakas(f): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2015
JoeCutie:
Wires? shocked

Try that rubbish with me and I'd goan sell myself. Or better still, goan join boko haram. I don't wanto comangoandie jor. embarassed angry
grin grin

When will you stop being funny?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by emerald20(f): 7:39am On Mar 10, 2015
misscastle:
u re nt the only flogged wit wires,mine was wit dat thick edge frm truck tyre,blacke n red wire,water cane of different sizes according to ur crime,plastic rubber n turning stick 4 semo or eba
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 10, 2015
nduchucks:
Given the level of alarm raised by posters so far, I think it is safe to conclude that most Nigerians were physically abused by their parents. These archaic behaviour modification techniques should actually be criminalized - the exception would be if you had to deal with a wayward teenager who may be after your daughter's innocence.

criminalized or constitutionalized...
mtcheeeeew, who b diz guy sef...
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by trayvon360: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

that means u go stubborn well well
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
mcchaka:

grin cheesy grin cheesy Guy ur Funny, Many More? smiley smiley Are u Serious

Yes o. If I mention dem, world people go say l prolly too stuborn lol.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2015
DeKasablanca:
shocked
Nd yua still alive?!

Yes. Its not all at once na. If I anoy am when she want put water for pot, she go use tge empty pot nack my head grin
If I annoy am when she want cook. She go use turn garri
If I annoy my papa na koboko
if she dey cut grass na to cut guava branch grin
And I no be stuborn pikin o
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by ogaprime(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Iyalasisi:
u re a survivor bro... ur immune system go strong die grin

Yeah, unbeatable banzuke...
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by kwencypresh(f): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2015
my Aunt used cable wire or her high hill shoe to beat us
Sumtimes she draw mango on d wall, n she ll ask me to pluck me it
I neva lived wit my parents
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by kwencypresh(f): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2015
grin
delishpot:

Yes. Its not all at once na. If I anoy am when she want put water for pot, she go use tge empty pot nack my head grin
If I annoy am when she want cook. She go use turn garri
If I annoy my papa na koboko
if she dey cut grass na to cut guava branch grin
And I no be stuborn pikin o

bros ur own gud na
its either i push motor or pluck d fruit wey she go draw for wall
both d tins wey i do n d ones wey i nor do, i go dey confess dem cry
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by ogaprime(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

You are one of a kind, the only man that can survive Nigerian soldiers beating without any scratch

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by adedayourt(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2015
misscastle:

No
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
kwencypresh:
grin

bros ur own gud na
its either i push motor or pluck d fruit wey she go draw for wall
both d tins wey i do n d ones wey i nor do, i go dey confess dem cry

Ha ha. Thise days ehn, parents nor hold joke o. a pikin must accept training if not...............beating go follow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / Why Are Married Men Never Contented With Their Wives? / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.