Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Who Is God Jealous Of? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God Jealous Of? (11740 Views)

Where Is God? / A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
proton what's the difference between zelote and zealous? Are they not indicating the same thing?

You were distorting the original spelling, was why I said that.

Qana >>envy
Qanna>>>zealous

Qanna is used to described the jealousy of God, understand?

Qanna never means zealous. Strong's Concordance 7067 has qanna as simply jealous. Zealous is from qana, not qanna.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2015
Pr0ton:

You were distorting the original spelling, was why I said that.

Qanna never means zealous. Strong's Concordance 7067 has qanna as simply jealous. Zealous is from qana, not qanna.
Exodus 34:14 (NASB)
for you shall not worship any other
god, for the LORD, whose name is
Jealous, is a jealous God.

The Hebrew word in Exodus 34:14 is קַנָּא, "jealous" (qanna'; Strong's 7067), from
קָנָא (qana'; Strong's 7065), "jealou,
zealous or envious."
Both times the English word "jealous"
appears in Exodus 34:14, this is the
Hebrew word. Strong's say of the root
word mentioned above,
A primitive root; to be (causatively,
make) zealous, i.e. (in a bad sense)
jealous or envious:

So there is a sense that the root word
looks back to the idea of zealous, but
that would require interpretation and
not pure translation. It appears that the
majority translation of jealousy is the
sense that this verse is trying to portray.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
Exodus 34:14 (NASB)
for you shall not worship any other
god, for the LORD, whose name is
Jealous, is a jealous God.

The Hebrew word in Exodus 34:14 is קַנָּא, "jealous" (qanna'; Strong's 7067), from
קָנָא (qana'; Strong's 7065), "jealou,
zealous or envious."
Both times the English word "jealous"
appears in Exodus 34:14, this is the
Hebrew word. Strong's say of the root
word mentioned above,
A primitive root; to be (causatively,
make) zealous, i.e. (in a bad sense)
jealous or envious:

So there is a sense that the root word
looks back to the idea of zealous, but
that would require interpretation and
not pure translation. It appears that the
majority translation of jealousy is the
sense that this verse is trying to portray.

and you were trying to say?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 10:18am On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahaha jealousy of the holy spirit... cheesy i don die this people no go kill me.. **carrys hand on head** lobatan grin
I'll remember you in prayers. God should give you the ability to understand Godly jealousy, it is a pure form of jealousy that is faultless. It is something that mere carnal humans cannot understand and that is why you need the spirit of God dwelling within you to reveal his truth about jealousy to you.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 10, 2015
The same way God's form of genocide is godly and faultless? ^^^

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by wordcat(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2015
jnrbayano:

It is not same.

God is jealous because he is the Almighty God maker of heaven and earth and the things therein.

He doesn't want us to love other gods since those other gods do not know how he created everything, man inclusive and why would he share his glory of creation (man) with another?

That's PURE jealousy man.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
I'll remember you in prayers. God should give you the ability to understand Godly jealousy, it is a pure form of jealousy that is faultless. It is something that mere carnal humans cannot understand and that is why you need the spirit of God dwelling within you to reveal his truth about jealousy to you.

hahahahahahaha ok remember me in your prayers, and i will talk to my dog for you... my dog will actually bark back but you sky daddy cant do no shiiit..

It's a pure form of jealousy...na im the main the main orejinal jealousy be truth... choi this guy wont stop being funny.. **falls on the floor laughing with teary eyes..** cheesy
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2015
DProDG:

Hey don't even go there, its a pure form of genocide, infacticide, barbarism... please dont even compare abeg.. cheesy its a holy genocide, faultless and godly.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by jnrbayano(m): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2015
wordcat:

That's PURE jealousy man.

I don't expect you to understand.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by wordcat(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2015
jnrbayano:

I don't expect you to understand.

Understand Godly Jealousy and Humanly Jealousy abi?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by leke12(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2015
The God here according to you is the jehovah(jot Niranja) in the old testament that requires animal blood for sacrifice. The Supreme God(creator) is not human or lesser Gods or gods to be jealous. Jealousy is an emotion synonymous to the lower heavens which is d abode of humans,gods,demi-gods and Gods.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Horus(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Why would a being who knows what was, is and will be, get angry or jealous over a thing in which He created? Makes no since at all.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahaha ok remember me in your prayers, and i will talk to my dog for you... my dog will actually bark back but you sky daddy cant do no shiiit..

It's a pure form of jealousy...na im the main the main orejinal jealousy be truth... choi this guy wont stop being funny.. **falls on the floor laughing with teary eyes..** cheesy
Yeah, laugh to your heart fill here on earth because in hell where you are going to, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. May the Holy Spirit help you to endure the torture he has prepared since the beginning of time.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by simplex2: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Yeah, laugh to your heart fill here on earth because in hell where you are going to, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. May the Holy Spirit help you to endure the torture he has prepared since the beginning of time.

You're being sarcastic, aren't you?

B'cos what you've got up there is as useless as the 'p' is psychology.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
DProDG:
Hey dude, give your life to Christ. Regarding the genocide of a thing, you are blowing it way out of proportion and also when it's the almighty God (the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the one who was, who is and is to come, the akukusheshelomo, the one and only, the omnipotent, omniscient, omnieverything) it's ceases to be genocide but pure spiritual cleansing. God owns everybody and just like you as a human own some certain objects and can decide to do anything with it, God can decide to do anything to us and get away with it just like the spiritual cleansing you made mention of.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:

ewooooooo i don die for this guy cheesy
(so you actually wish a fellow burn forever in eternal flames for not believing your fairy tales... talk about the evil in religion)

[size=20] The muslims also say you are going to burn in hell for not believing in theirs, so see you in hell bro grin [/size]

hahahahahahahahahahaha am so so scared ooooo cheesy
Threatening an atheist with hell (myth) is like a kid threatening an adult with butterflies fairies.. lobatan.. **falls on the floor laughing** cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Hey dude, give your life to Christ. Regarding the genocide of a thing, you are blowing it way out of proportion and also when it's the almighty God (the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the one who was, who is and is to come, the akukusheshelomo, the one and only, the omnipotent, omniscient, omnieverything) it's ceases to be genocide but pure spiritual cleansing. God owns everybody and just like you as a human own some certain objects and can decide to do anything with it, God can decide to do anything to us and get away with it just like the spiritual cleansing you made mention of.

this dude just lost it... Going psyco seriously grin
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
ifekemmie:
God doesn't feel insecure or watever , dnt av anoda God with me. Dat where d jealous comes in. His wat us to be his forever not to satan, dat y He said His a jealous God.

Like u re aving extra affair with ur fiance or fiancee, he/ she will get jealous

When someone is banging your girl, the first question that comes to mind is, does he have a bigger dick than my own? That's the primary source of the jealousy. Are you saying that your God is doubting the size of his weapon?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

ewooooooo i don die for this guy cheesy
(so you actually wish a fellow burn forever in eternal flames for not believing your fairy tales... talk about the evil in religion)

[size=20] The muslims also say you are going to burn in hell for not believing in theirs, so see you in hell bro grin [/size]

hahahahahahahahahahaha am so so scared ooooo cheesy
Threatening an atheist with hell (myth) is like a kid threatening an adult with butterflies fairies.. lobatan.. **falls on the floor laughing** cheesy
I don't wish you to burn in hell fire, it's God that wishes you to burn if you don't accept his message of love. How do you expect someone to build a place and expect people not to use it? Hell fire must contain people one way or another and you are a prime candidate.

Regarding the muslim hell, Yahweh and Allah will find a common ground and decide which hell fire is the best for people like you.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

this dude just lost it... Going psyco seriously grin
On the day of judgement, this comment on nairaland shall count against you. When the angels shall search the book of life for your name, this comment will push your name to the book of sinners condemned to die by fire. It won't be funny when God is reading this comment out loud to all his angels and the entire world (in a long queue to be judged).
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Horus(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
He is a jealous God, jealous of you taking any other God as an equal to him, which makes it clear that other Gods exist who can be equal to him; otherwise, there would be no reason to be jealous or fear another God sitting on his throne.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
I don't wish you to burn in hell fire, it's [size=20]God that wishes you to burn if you don't accept his message of love[/size].
So message of love is believe me or burn in hell, hahahaha thats pure hate and nothing near love boy… tyranic and barbaric, very saddistic and evil... am sure when you will have a burning room where you will throw ur children when they misbehaves cheesy
blueyedgeek:

How do you expect someone to build a place and expect people not to use it
then he should go have a warm bath in hell then since he created it for his own use... Seriously you need a doctor, the way you reason is way to low
blueyedgeek:
? Hell fire must contain people one way or another and you are a prime candidate.
and he says he doesnt wish me hell at e bolded above cheesy
blueyedgeek:

Regarding the muslim hell, Yahweh and Allah will find a common ground and decide which hell fire is the best for people like you.

Yeah they have already figured it out.. Yahweh will throw all the muslims to his own hell, Allah will throw all the christians to his own hell.. either way we all gonna end up in hell one way or another.. hahahahahahahahahahaha i don die ooo cheesy grin **rolls on the floor this time with my hands clutching my tummy** laugh don kill me here oo
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
On the day of judgement, this comment on nairaland shall count against you. When the angels shall search the book of life for your name, this comment will push your name to the book of sinners condemned to die by fire. It won't be funny when God is reading this comment out loud to all his angels and the entire world (in a long queue to be judged).

Choi shocked.. Really shocked ... ewoooo i didnt know oooo embarassed

my own don finish ooo **carrys hand on head**

whispers: [size=20]Dude seriously stop disgracing yourself in Nairaland, me is shaming your shame for you oo[/size]
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Horus:
He is a jealous God, jealous of you taking any other God as an equal to him, which makes it clear that other Gods exist who can be equal to him; otherwise, there would be no reason to be jealous or fear another God sitting on his throne.

actually in the ancient canaanite pentheon. yahweh is said to be one of the seventy sons of The almighty EL, father of the gods in canaanite pentheon.

Ba,al, shabab, salem etc are all sons of el... smiley

Henec he is jealous of his greater father and equal brothers.. grin
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:
So message of love is believe me or burn in hell, hahahaha thats pure hate and nothing near love boy… tyranic and barbaric, very saddistic and evil... am sure when you will have a burning room where you will throw ur children when they misbehaves cheesy
What other way will an ultimate God get people to love him than by threatening them with hell fire? God's plan is flawless and there is nothing you can do about it. He loves you so much but just in case you refuse to believe in him, he prepared hell fire for people like you. Good to know that hell fire isn't going to be a wasteful creation.

then he should go have a warm bath in hell then since he created it for his own use... Seriously you need a doctor, the way you reason is way to low
These are things of the spirit. To your carnal mind, hell fire is a place for having a bath, but to the spiritually minded whose focus is on making heaven, they know the secret truths of the lord and that hell fire is a place for the demons to practice their fetish and a** experiments on you.

and he says he doesnt wish me hell at e bolded above cheesy
I only pass the message that Jah Elo has passed to me.

Yeah they have already figured it out.. Yahweh will throw all the muslims to his own hell, Allah will throw all the christians to his own hell.. either way we all gonna end up in hell one way or another.. hahahahahahahahahahaha i don die ooo cheesy grin **rolls on the floor this time with my hands clutching my tummy** laugh don kill me here oo
Nope, you need the spirit to understand spiritual matters. Here's how it'll go. At the end, Allah and Yahweh split the universe into two parts (if there are more Almighty Gods, then the parts would be more than that), Muslims and some other people go to Allah's universe, some other people get thrown into hell fire, Christians and some other people go to Yahweh's universe, some other people get thrown into hell fire. I don't know how they'll split up humans but all in all, they both get entertainment by watching people burn in their hell fires.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Choi shocked.. Really shocked ... ewoooo i didnt know oooo embarassed

my own don finish ooo **carrys hand on head**

whispers: [size=20]Dude seriously stop disgracing yourself in Nairaland, me is shaming your shame for you oo[/size]
I'm only passing the message of Jah Elo to those who have the spirit in them to grasp the message of the spirit. If you call that disgrace, then know that the bible says that we shall be mocked for passing his message of good news across to the people and that we should rejoice when the mockery comes along because we shall have a great party in heaven. Did you know that Jesus is the master of wine? serious wine party in heaven and you shall miss it because you are too neck deep in sin to realize God's pure love for you. You make him purely mad and purely rage with pure jealousy when you reject and push him away.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
What other way will an ultimate God get people to love him than by threatening them with hell fire? God's plan is flawless and there is nothing you can do about it. He loves you so much but just in case you refuse to believe in him, he prepared hell fire for people like you. Good to know that hell fire isn't going to be a wasteful creation.

These are things of the spirit. To your carnal mind, hell fire is a place for having a bath, but to the spiritually minded whose focus is on making heaven, they know the secret truths of the lord and that hell fire is a place for the demons to practice their fetish and a** experiments on you.

I only pass the message that Jah Elo has passed to me.

Nope, you need the spirit to understand spiritual matters. Here's how it'll go. At the end, Allah and Yahweh split the universe into two parts (if there are more Almighty Gods, then the parts would be more than that), Muslims and some other people go to Allah's universe, some other people get thrown into hell fire, Christians and some other people go to Yahweh's universe, some other people get thrown into hell fire. I don't know how they'll split up humans but all in all, they both get entertainment by watching people burn in their hell fires.

**Face Palm** **sighs**

And i actually thought i was arguing with someone with a brain **sighs**

I give up abeg embarassed
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:

I'm only passing the message of Jah Elo to those who have the spirit in them to grasp the message of the spirit. If you call that disgrace, then know that the bible says that we shall be mocked for passing his message of good news across to the people and that we should rejoice when the mockery comes along because we shall have a great party in heaven. Did you know that Jesus is the master of wine? serious wine party in heaven and you shall miss it because you are too neck deep in sin to realize God's pure love for you. You make him purely mad and purely rage with pure jealousy when you reject and push him away.

lolzz dude so you were just playing with me ba?

hahahaha i knew it.. bluedeygeek you almost had me there.. thief you are an atheist... hahahahahaha this guy just deh use me play since.. cheesy

guy nawa ooo u ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzz dude so you were just playing with me ba?

hahahaha i knew it.. bluedeygeek you almost had me there.. thief you are an atheist... hahahahahaha this guy just deh use me play since.. cheesy

guy nawa ooo u ooo undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin It was fun while it lasted. Time to find some other unbeliever to bug with the true, undiluted, 'talk am as e be' word of God.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:

I fail to see how I'm 'blowing things way out of proportion'. Replacing the word 'ethnic' with 'spiritual' doesn't change sh#t. You justify genocide by giving your God a different standard of morality to be judged by. Okay, that's fine but on YOUR OWN STANDARDS, how does he fair? Unless you see nothing wrong with genocide, you're more moral that your God. Bravo!
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
DProDG:

I fail to see how I'm 'blowing things way out of proportion'. Replacing the word 'ethnic' with 'spiritual' doesn't change sh#t. You justify genocide by giving your God a different standard of morality to be judged by. Okay, that's fine but on YOUR OWN STANDARDS, how does he fair? Unless you see nothing wrong with genocide, you're more moral that your God. Bravo!
It's very obvious that you don't have the spirit dwelling in you to reveal the truth to you. I've just finish converting some atheists in my yard to the lovely religion that is Christianity. Dude, enough with the questions, Jah Elo has asked me to tell you to wait for him this night, he shall visit you in a cloud of fire and ask you questions like he asked Job in the bible. Get ready to meet your maker this night, if God doesn't visit you to ask you meaningless meaningful questions, then know that I am a false prophet.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by GooseBaba: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrPresident:

really? why didn't he create a sinless world then, or ain't he omnipotent no more?

I had to look at your username well well... To make sure that you are not MrPresident1 the great hebrew isrealite... The man who looks forward to ra,ping white women when rapture occurs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning / Apostle Johnson Suleman – Ministry,investments And Net Worth (photo) / 10 Things Muslims Don't Want 'Infidels' Knowing About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.