Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Who Is God Jealous Of? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God Jealous Of? (11733 Views)

Where Is God? / A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
plaetton:
Many times in the bible we read the statement,
"... For I, your God, am A Jealous God.."

The universal definition of Jealousy is thus:

A negative feeling of resentment, anxiety, inadequacy, insecurity againsts a another or rival who appears to enjoy greater advantage or success.

So, againSt whom was the omni omni creator of the universe feeling resentment and insecure?

God is not "jealous of" but "jealous for"
He is jealous in this sense:
Protective, zealously guarding, careful in the protection of something one has or appreciates.

God is jealous for the ones He loves and this
is the reason He would protect them from evil and wickedness. God will achieve this by throwing every form of wickedness and evil into Hell.

God loves you but if you choose to be a part of evil and wickedness even after He had try to cut you off from it. Then you would be thrown into Hell together with the evil you refuse to depart from.

Separate yourself from evil now before it's too later.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by MrPresident1: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
GooseBaba:

I had to look at your username well well... To make sure that you are not MrPresident1 the great hebrew isrealite... The man who looks forward to ra,ping white women when rapture occurs.

SMH.
When will you learn O my friend GooseBaby? There is nothing like rapture, atleast in the popular way it is being bandied about. It is the resurrection of the dead, man, the resurrection of the living dead; the Negroes. Restoration to lost glory. U remember how Nebuchadnezzar lost his senses, and then regained it ? Yes, that is the parallel.

My response to the bolded;
Isaiah 66:24
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by GooseBaba: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrPresident1:

SMH.
When will you learn O my friend GooseBaby? There is nothing like rapture, atleast in the popular way it is being bandied about. It is the resurrection of the dead, man, the resurrection of the living dead; the Negroes. Restoration to lost glory. U remember how Nebuchadnezzar lost his senses, and then regained it ? Yes, that is the parallel.

My response to the bolded;
Isaiah 66:24
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Is ra,ping white women not part of your salvation package.?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pr0ton:

and you were trying to say?
the post indicate qanna is the word used to described the jealousy in the bible that make reference to God.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by plaetton: 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Protective, zealously guarding, careful in the protection of something one has or appreciates.

is the reason He would protect them from evil and wickedness. God will achieve this by throwing every form of wickedness and evil into Hell.

God loves you but if you choose to be a part of evil and wickedness even after He had try to cut you off from it. Then you would be thrown into Hell together with the evil you refuse to depart from.

Big laugh.
The BS you spin for god.

Hear you, "god is jealous for, not jealous of". Lol.
So this changes the meaning of Jealousy?

So god is so Jealously protective that he swore TO PUNISH SEVERAL GENERATIONS for his protective Jealousy?
Wow!
What a god,... what a schizophrenic god indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
GooseBaba:

I had to look at your username well well... To make sure that you are not MrPresident1 the great hebrew isrealite... The man who looks forward to ra,ping white women when rapture occurs.

lol, I was surprise to see a similar username too, but I hve been here long before, just didn't hve much time due to work schedule.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by lepasharon(f): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pr0ton:

Why should you be looking into something you know it's a myth?
For lack of a better term
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
plaetton:

Big laugh.
The BS you spin for god.

Hear you, "god is jealous for, not jealous of". Lol.
So this changes the meaning of Jealousy?

So god is so Jealously protective that he swore TO PUNISH SEVERAL GENERATIONS for his protective Jealousy?
Wow!
What a god,... what a schizophrenic god indeed.
Yes what a jealous God we sever.
He alone is worthy to be praise forevermore.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

There are three parties involved here, so we've been told. These parties are your personal God, Lucifer, and the human being. Who is this jealousy directed against? I'm never jealous for my mother or my father, that's nonsense talk. The fact that you come here everyday and repeatedly lie should be a sign that your God is Evil itself.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Weah96:

There are three parties involved here, so we've been told. These parties are your personal God, Lucifer, and the human being. Who is this jealousy directed against? I'm never jealous for my mother or my father, that's nonsense talk. The fact that you come here everyday and repeatedly lie should be a sign that your God is Evil itself.
To God there are only two parties; good or evil.
human must choose to be a part of any of this two and there is no sitting on the fence.
It is either you are part of good or you are part of evil.
God alone is good and those that are on His side are part of good. But anything outside God is evil and you cannot sit on the fence.

Choose wisely my friend.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by macof(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
jnrbayano:
The Almighty God knows there's another god (the devil) who doesn't stop at nothing to possessing the people he created in his image after his likeness.

Feeling resentful over evil is God's nature because he is all good. The kingdom of God (light) is always at war with the kingdom of Satan (darkness)

This satan is a boss. So much so that his kingdom is strong enough to give the kingdom of his creator trouble for over 6000years. Jehovah has created a mountain he cannot lift
Can God win this war? If he could he would have done so long ago, unless he doesn't care...he is probably like Emperor Palpatine in the star wars epic movies - playing leader of the bad guys at night and good guys by day
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by jnrbayano(m): 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
macof:

This satan is a boss. So much so that his kingdom is strong enough to give the kingdom of his creator trouble for over 6000years. Jehovah has created a mountain he cannot lift
Can God win this war? If he could he would have done so long ago, unless he doesn't care...he is probably like Emperor Palpatine in the star wars epic movies - playing leader of the bad guys at night and good guys by day

Okay
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:
It's very obvious that you don't have the spirit dwelling in you to reveal the truth to you. I've just finish converting some atheists in my yard to the lovely religion that is Christianity. Dude, enough with the questions, Jah Elo has asked me to tell you to wait for him this night, he shall visit you in a cloud of fire and ask you questions like he asked Job in the bible. Get ready to meet your maker this night, if God doesn't visit you to ask you meaningless meaningful questions, then know that I am a false prophet.

Unless your god looks like this, tell it to fvck off smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 9:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
malvisguy212:
the post indicate qanna is the word used to described the jealousy in the bible that make reference to God.

But you said qanna meant zealous, and not jealous.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Shirley07: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
davien:
So "god" wants to be "sinful"?, that explains a lot... smiley
You're not thinking with your brain.
If I'm jealous because a male friend of mine is getting attached to another female, does that means I want to be like her? Of course not.
I'm just jealous because he's sharing me with another woman.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Shirley07: 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrPresident:

really? why didn't he create a sinless world then, or ain't he omnipotent no more?
He once did but then, Satan came down.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by blueyedgeek(m): 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
DProDG:

Unless your god looks like this, tell it to fvck off smiley
The girl no fine sef, see her belle like person wey dey drink fake orijin. That's aside, God isn't coming to seduce you, he's coming to put you in your place.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Shirley07:

He once did but then, Satan came down.

didn't he see it coming, ain't he omniscience no more?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Shirley07: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrPresident:

didn't he see it coming, ain't he omniscience no more?
Ofcourse yes, he's omniscience but know that he gave everyone the free mind to choose between good and bad.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

To God there are only two parties; good or evil.
human must choose to be a part of any of this two and there is no sitting on the fence.
It is either you are part of good or you are part of evil.
God alone is good and those that are on His side are part of good. But anything outside God is evil and you cannot sit on the fence.

Choose wisely my friend.

Like I said, Good, Evil, and the fence-sitting human being are the parties. That makes three.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Shirley07:

Ofcourse yes, he's omniscience but know that he gave everyone the free mind to choose between good and bad.

that is the bullshit(iest) thing an acclaimed almighty controller of this vast universe could do,
so why do you folks blame satan for sin when it was 'god' who 1. created bad & 2. gave free will of choice

the same drunkard biblical yahweh in proverb 13:24 "spoil the rod and spare the child bla bla bla"
why didn't he spoil the rod on satan and spare the generation unborn?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Shirley07:

why punish people for their choice if you gave them a free mind to make those choice?
the biblical deity yahweh must be a drunk teaser,
lure people in with free choice, then burn them in hell for exercising the freedom of choice you gave them,
what a god??
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pr0ton:

But you said qanna meant zealous, and not jealous.
it is from the word, qanna (jealousy ) that we get the English word "zealous"
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Shirley07: 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrPresident:

why punish people for their choice if you gave them a free mind to make those choice?
lure people in with free choice, then burn them in hell for exercising the freedom of choice you gave them,
what a god??
For instance, your parent can only make you realize that stealing is no good but can never force you not to steal. If you eventually steal, you have to bear the consequence, not your parent fault.
The free mind you were given is not given to you to hurt your fellow human else, you face the consequence.
Hence, if you follow the golden rule ''Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'', you will have no problem with God. Only selfish and wicked people have problem with God's rule.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Shirley07: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrPresident:

that is the bullshit(iest) thing an acclaimed almighty controller of this vast universe could do,
so why do you folks blame satan for sin when it was 'god' who 1. created bad & 2. gave free will of choice

the same drunkard biblical yahweh in proverb 13:24 "spoil the rod and spare the child bla bla bla"
why didn't he spoil the rod on satan and spare the generation unborn?
The hell is built for Satan for a reason.
However, there are people who are even worse than satan himself, do you now expect them to make heaven?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by davien(m): 2:05am On Mar 11, 2015
Shirley07:

You're not thinking with your brain.
If I'm jealous because a male friend of mine is getting attached to another female, does that means I want to be like her? Of course not.
I'm just jealous because he's sharing me with another woman.
Okay,so "god" is as insecure as a man would over a woman? undecided
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by plaetton: 5:26am On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
it is from the word, qanna (jealousy ) that we get the English word "zealous"

Should I Say that you are misinformed or call you A liar?

First, " zealous " was not an english word.
Secondly, majority of common english words are derived from roman, greek, old german , etc etc.

Thirdly," zealous ", comes from a religious cult in 1st century palastine called the Zealots, the equivalent of todays religious radicalism that we commonly call terrorists. The word Zealots, itself, derived from the Greek word" Zelote ".

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 6:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Weah96:

Like I said, Good, Evil, and the fence-sitting human being are the parties. That makes three.
Like I said there is no sitting on the fence.
If you think you are sitting on the fence then you are deceiving yourself.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 6:16am On Mar 11, 2015
MrPresident:

what a god??
Whether you are angry with God or not it doesn't change anything.
You are going to Hell because you choose to and that Is FINAL.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 11, 2015
Shirley07:

For instance, your parent can only make you realize that stealing is no good but can never force you not to steal. If you eventually steal, you have to bear the consequence, not your parent fault.
The free mind you were given is not given to you to hurt your fellow human else, you face the consequence.
Hence, if you follow the golden rule ''Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'', you will have no problem with God. Only selfish and wicked people have problem with God's rule.

........ and to think that my parents were the one who created stealing
my question is simple, why create stealing let alone giving it as an option to choose,

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Shirley07:

The hell is built for Satan for a reason.
However, there are people who are even worse than satan himself, do you now expect them to make heaven?

interesting!! could you provide me with biblical chapter/verse to back up the bolded........thanks in advance.

lolz! satan, the acclaimed ex-angel, could you pls educate me whether the hell was created when he was still an angel or later? biblical references will be appreciated. .......thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Whether you are angry with God or not it doesn't change anything.
You are going to Hell because you choose to and that Is FINAL.

delusion at its peak!

could you pls answer the op's question, 'who is God jealous of' ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ / Do People Still Go Out To Preach & Convert People In Real Time? / Atmosphere For Miracles 2014 With Pastor Chris- Today, October 4th 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.