Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? (1793 Views)

South African Lady Warns Broke Guys Not To Like Her Photo, Twitter Users Blast / When A Girl Says You Are Too Good For Someone Like Her(photo) / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by jaykaylegend(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
For instance you take your fiance home to meet your parents for the first time and they say over their dead body will you marry her/him(maybe cos of inter-parents beef or another reason sha)and they said they don't wanna listen to any explanation from you or anybody ...
What will you do??
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Crocz(m): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
I'd write letter of acceptance to the relevant authorities cry
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by ronald4lif(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Their reasons will have to be heavily substantive and devoid of religious, tribal, or past scores to settle or I won't hear any of it. I am to live with my partner, not them.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by falconey(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
That's why I love indian lovers.....they will just elope the next you will see them is with 2kids to come beg their parents for forgiveness,this time no parent will say no.

#naija version 80percent of those kind of story don't end well.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
if am convinced with there reasons, I will quit the relationship. There advice can save me from a lot of harm.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
My parents do not get to chose who I can or can't be with. At the end of the day, it's my life and future at stake so I'm the only one that gets to make that choice.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by falconey(m): 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
Adaobi12:
if am convinced with there reasons, I will quit the relationship. There advice can save me from a lot of harm.
what if they had rejected like 3 or 4 before? With different or same reasons?
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by jaykaylegend(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
ronald4lif:
Their reasons will have to be heavily substantive and devoid of religious, tribal, or past scores to settle or I won't hear any of it. I am to live with my partner, not them.
bt normally they should be at your wedding na
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Pinkiedearie(f): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Just to pray about it..sometimes it maybe for good or bad..
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
An adage says that what an elder sees while sitting down even if a young boy carries ladder/ microscope he can't see it.
There's no smoke without fire.....there must be a reason behind it.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by jaykaylegend(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
falconey:
if they have rejected 3 or 4 before, then they should check that family oooo
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
falconey:
rejected 3 or 4 undecided why would they want to harm you like that.they obviously dont want you to get married..maybe your being single is the source of their wealth or something ( I know I should stop watching Yoruba movies embarassed )
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
debolly:
An adage says that what an elder sees while sitting down even if a young boy carries ladder/ microscope he can't see it.

And if the reason is nothing short of ridiculous?
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Cutehector(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Wen it comes to choosin a wife for myself, I am not wrong!
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by ronald4lif(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
jaykaylegend:
bt normally they should be at your wedding na

Sure they should, and I want them to. Will do everything humanly possible to make them accept my to be wifey and also engage them reasonably why their reason(s) is not strong enough. I will explore every means possible to mend fence with them and her. But if they put a heavy resistance, the wedding can and will still go ahead without their presence, albeit in a very sad state of mind.

However, if they have a very strong reason then I will have a re-consideration. But it should have nothing to do with things like; they are not Catholic or not Igbo, their family are very wicked, the dad/mom loves witchcraft, their family are osus, her other sisters who are married left their husbands homes to be hoeing about or they haven't put to bed, one pastor said this or that about her etc. There are too many reasons people take advantage of to ruin marriages which are useless to me and I won't buy them even if they come from my very own parents.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by tosyne2much(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

Sure they should, and I want them to. Will do everything humanly possible to make them accept my to be wifey and also engage them reasonably why their reason(s) is not strong enough. I will explore every means possible to mend fence with them and her. But if they put a heavy resistance, the wedding can and will still go ahead without their presence, albeit in a very sad state of mind.

However, if they have a very strong reason then I will have a re-consideration. But it should have nothing to do with things like; they are not Catholic or not Igbo, their family are very wicked, the dad/mom loves witchcraft, their family are osus, her other sisters who are married left their husbands homes to be hoeing about or they haven't put to bed, one pastor said this or that about her etc. There are too many reasons people take advantage of to ruin marriages which are useless to me and I won't buy them even if they are come from my very own parents.
My boss has spoken cool
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by ronald4lif(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
tosyne2much:
My boss has spoken cool

Haha oga I hail ohh smiley
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by redcliff: 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

However, if they have a very strong reason then I will have a re-consideration. But it should have nothing to do with things like; they are not Catholic or not Igbo, their family are very wicked, the dad/mom loves witchcraft, their family are osus, her other sisters who are married left their husbands homes to be hoeing about or they haven't put to bed, one pastor said this or that about her etc. There are too many reasons people take advantage of to ruin marriages which are useless to me and I won't buy them even if they come from my very own parents.

Lol. Chairman, you are speaking many english because you are not at that bridge so you feel its really easy to cross. When you get there, it would be harder than you thought..
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
falconey:
. why will keep going for men that have the same issue they complain of.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by ronald4lif(m): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
redcliff:

Lol. Chairman, you are speaking many english because you are not at that bridge so you feel its really easy to cross. When you get there, it would be harder than you thought..

Okay na.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by redcliff: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay na.

Lol..
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by malonephill(m): 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
ronald4lif:
in a situation where my intended father inlaw was a colleague of my p man, and back then my father inlaw engage in a fraud at office, unfortunately my paale caught 'em during the act, but promise not to let anyone known to it except people that were involved, so because he refused to take share from their package, so the set of people that did a fraud including my father inlaw, now plan coup wish made my dad lose his job then, later send him back farm, also made me went through a hard time undecided

Which my father inlaw confirm the story

I'm not saying this is real just assuming if it happened this way

So you think there is one love somewhere that can make me marry her, na lie
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Vision4God: 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ur parents aren't gonna live wt u after d wedding! So de shud calm down xcept if de hv a genuine reason & it is glaring dat marriage isnt meant 2 b.

Moreover NO PARENT SHUD EVA USE D WORD
"OVER DER DEAD BODY".
Its wrong!!!!!!!
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by LewisO: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
[size=15pt]I am the one marrying her, if i choose what is good for marriage that doesn't concerns me, with time when they see how good the marriage is they will accept her as their daughter in-Law.

I don't know about those whose parents are something else! [/size]
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nollywood tinz
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by ronald4lif(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
malonephill:
in a situation where my intended father inlaw was a colleague of my p man, and back then my father inlaw engage in a fraud at office, unfortunately my paale caught 'em during the act, but promise not to let anyone known to it except people that were involved, so because he refused to take share from their package, so the set of people that did a fraud including my father inlaw, now plan coup wish made my dad lose his job then, later send him back farm, also made me went through a hard time undecided

Which my father inlaw confirm the story

I'm not saying this is real just assuming if it happened this way

So you think there is one love somewhere that can make me marry her, na lie

Chai abro this one tough ohh. Were this to be the case I will stand by my parents. Their reason is very valid and credible, and for me to overlook them will be too much disrespectful. Although this girl didn't play any role in whatever transpired between both parents, neither did I, we'll have to re-consider our stand on the marriage. The only push I will make for my marriage to work is to ensure they (both) parents reconcile. I will meet my woman dad and plead with him passionately to please make a reconciliation move with my dad, forgets his ego please and do what is needed to save both me and his daughter. If he declines, I am afraid I and the girl will have to move on with our separate lives.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by malonephill(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

Chai abro this one tough ohh. Were this to be the case I will stand by my parents. Their reason is very valid and credible, and for me to overlook them will be too much disrespectful. Although this girl didn't play any role in whatever transpired between both parents, neither did I, we'll have to re-consider our stand on the marriage. The only push I will make for my marriage to work is to ensure they (both) parents reconcile. I will meet my woman dad and plead him passionately to please make a reconciliation move with my dad, forgets his ego please and do what is needed to save both me and his daughter. If he declines, I am afraid I and the girl will have to move on with our separate lives.
basic
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by malonephill(m): 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Harbosede02:
Nollywood tinz
bollywood

It been long I saw this moniker
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by malonephill(m): 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Harbosede02:
Nollywood tinz
bollywood

Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Zerzzy: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
debolly:
ooooooooooooooooh now I see, what a game
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Kingsasian(m): 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
If their reasons are not tangible then i will follow my heart.
Re: What If Your Parents Don't Like Her/him?? by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 10, 2015
malonephill:
bollywood

really?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos & Video: Woman Glues Boyfriend's Testicles To Chair In Revenge Prank / I Don't Understand This / Chinese Couple Having Sex In Uniqlo Fitting Cubicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.