Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful (3548 Views)

To Get Marriage Proposal, Women Should Date Multiple Men —experts / Ladies: Any Man Who Doesn’t Know These 7 Things About You, Will Never Marry You! / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 10, 2015
Every woman is beautiful. Every woman has something special, unique and defining about her. Every woman is perfect in her own regard; yet few women decide to show themselves that way.

In a world where media outlets dictate what hair colour, body shape and bust size is deemed acceptable, more and more women are conceding to the media’s idea of beauty, giving in to the styles, trends and illusions it wants them to portray, rather than staying true to themselves.

They go to work with eyeliner, fake lashes, piles of blush and foundation. I must ask, why? For whom? For themselves?

As teenagers, many girls already start applying the popular colours and cremes, going to school as “grownup” versions of themselves. They ask their mums to let them start wearing bronzer and mascara, so they, too, can get the attention of the boys.

From an early age, they start believing they are only whole when masked by a layer of makeup and concealer. They think beauty is in the way they can draw on a cat eye and perfectly apply blush on the apple of their cheekbones.

But what about the girls who don't wear makeup? Isn’t there beauty in that?

These are the appeals of a woman who doesn’t wear makeup:

1. She’s comfortable in her own skin.

2. She accepts her imperfections.

3. She doesn’t need compliments or flattery to feel worthy.

4. She’s too busy to take the time to apply eyeliner.

5. She’s got good genes.

6. She’s confident in herself.

7. She’s easy to wake up next to.

8. She’s not worried about her mascara fading.

9. She travels light.

10. She can go skinny dipping without looking like a raccoon when it comes time to dry off.

11. She’s not always staring at herself in the mirror.

12. She’s accepted her least attractive version of herself.

13. She’s never going to pretend to look like someone else.

14. She’s not scared of what men think of her.

15. She doesn’t search for acceptance in anyone but herself.

16. She doesn’t let her beauty define her.

17. She doesn’t get upset when she’s missing lipstick.

18. She looks her age.

19. She doesn’t make you guess what she really looks like.

20. She can get caught off guard and not care.

21. She doesn’t take hours to get ready.

22. She doesn’t spend her money on tubes and compacts.

23. She’s not worried about smudges and smears.

24. She can go to the beach and not look like a stranger.

25. She finds beauty in the untouched.

26. She makes people feel comfortable.

27. She’s not afraid to show you her true self.

28. She’s not competitive with other women.

#PreachDaGospel

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by 42n8dzydoo(m): 1:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 10, 2015
that number 7 is one of the most i.portant reasons why every guy should marry a woman who is comfortable with little or no make-up

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 10, 2015
42n8dzydoo:
but why?
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Hazardd(m): 3:55am On Mar 10, 2015
i can date a girl with makeup.. :pi

light makeup is a go for me.
This your write up is fake .lol
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Enegod(m): 4:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Make-up should be used to accentuate existing natural beauty, not used to try to create beauty that's not there in the first place. These girls who cake the stuff on to try and appear more attractive wind up looking fake and completely unappealing. angry
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 10, 2015
grin grin
Team #WeDon'tNeedMakeupToLookGood cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by justmag(m): 6:32am On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:
grin grin

Another like! angry
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2015
Hazardd:
i can date a girl with makeup.. :pi

light makeup is a go for me.
This your write up is fake .lol

WW
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by falconey(m): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2015
You want to spoil their market?
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 10, 2015
29. She bleeps very good and a prof in the actgrin

op shun this essay, all the babes naa money dem want...
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:
grin grin
You sure ur natural pix or i don't believe it undecided
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by djeezy(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2015
Actually some girls cannot go out without make up. They feel they'll look unattractive which sometimes could be true. Truth is most girls actually look horrible without make up. Only few still looks good. Girls take 30 selfies just to post their best one. And then you see them in the streets looking like the other 29.

Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by passionate88: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2015
Those kind are very rare...
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by sinaj(f): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2015
team no makeup cool

we xo rare wink
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by sinizia: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2015
I think we'd go for a girl's inner beauty rather than the outward beauty. Make-up or no make-up, a girl that has bad traits will be a no-no for me. Nothing is wrong in making up, as long as it's done moderately. Some girls are pretty with make-up, and without make-up, they look ugly. So if make-up when applied correctly can make them look cute, I don't see what's wrong with that. We guys drool over Kim Kardashian, praise Genevive, sing Omotola's beauty to high heavens. Guess what? They all make up and look glam. So why are we acting sanctimonious? Make-up is not for every girl, those that it fits, should go for it. I don't care about make-ups or not, as long as a girl looks good with or without it in my eyes, I'm okay. Na your character that matters most to me.

Men also shave their beards, dress fly to look good. It's all about looking good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2015
Orijin101:

You sure ur natural pix or i don't believe it undecided

grin grin
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 10, 2015
sinizia:
I think we'd go for a girl's inner beauty rather outward beauty. Make-up or no make-up, a girl that has bad traits will be a no-no for me. Nothing is wrong is making up, as long as it's done moderately. Some girls are pretty with make-up, and without make-up, they look ugly. So if make-up when applied correctly can make them look cute, I don't see what's wrong with that. We guys drool over Kim Kardashian, praise Genevive, sing Omotola's beauty to high heavens. Guess what? They all make up and look glam. So why are we acting sanctimonious? Make-up is not for every girl, those that it fits, should go for it. I don't care about make-ups or not, as long as a girl looks good with or without in my eyes, I'm okay. Na your character that matters most to me.

Men also shave their beards, dress fly to look good. It's all about looking good.

This has to be the post of the millenium. kiss kiss
Very, very on point.
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2015
Make up only enhance one beauty, you either got it or not make up wouldn't fix anything.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2015
justmag:

Another like! angry

tongue tongue
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:

grin grin
Show me ur pix and stop shining ur teeth jhoor angry
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2015
Orijin101:

Show me ur pix and stop shining ur teeth jhoor angry

Why should I show you?
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:
grin grin
lier
sinaj:
team no makeup cool
we xo rare wink
Another lier
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2015
kevinberry:
lier
Another lier

its Liar smiley
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:

Why should I show you?
Coz i wanna see it
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Idiataqueen(f): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2015
I love natural beauty
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by justmag(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:

tongue tongue

angry I meant LIE
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Etetejake(m): 11:34am On Mar 10, 2015
My ideal woman
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Orijin101:

Coz i wanna see it

So?
A million people wanna see my pic, that don't mean I'll show 'em.
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
justmag:

angry I meant LIE

I'm not lying. smiley

Ask anyone who knows me offline.
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by justmag(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not lying. smiley

Ask anyone who knows me offline.

I just asked anyone and he said you are lying. Smh undecided
Re: Why You Should Date A Girl Who Doesn’t Need To Wear Makeup To Feel Beautiful by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
justmag:

I just asked anyone and he said you are lying. Smh undecided

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pains Of An Independent Lady In Nigeria / Help!!!! I'm In Love With A Married Woman. / See What I Asked My Girlfriend And Her Response.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.