Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter (1341 Views)

"I Fvck You To Cry" , Is It A Compliment To Women ? / 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them / Is "You Are Sexy" A Compliment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by Cutehector(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Most times wen I tel a girl how cute she is, she is like, oh comon, quit d flattery. And am like, dis girl is smth else. So guys and ladies, how do u knw wen cute word r a compliment or a flattery
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by Tallesty1(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Flattery is always false, I can say that flattery is a false or deceptive praise given because of the recipient's need to be praised.

A compliment on the other hand is genuine appreciation for something, person or action.
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by naijaboiy: 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
it annoys me when I compliment a girl truly and she calls it a flatter.

Nowadays I make sure you earn it before I say it.
undecided
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by englishmart(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
I don't bother about telling them the truth. They don't know the difference
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by zyzxx(m): 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
she called it faltering cause she knows she did deserve it.
Or don't want it coming from u
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by Rexhenrex(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
“The difference between a compliment and
flattery is often motive. A compliment offers
genuine appreciation for a quality or action
seen in another person. The goal of flattery
is usually self-advancement through gaining
the favor of someone else. Compliments
seek to encourage; flattery attempts to
manipulate.”

You are gorgeously dressed=complement

you are looking good more pretty than beyonce=flatter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by ramdris(m): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Flattering is an over stated truth uttered with a sugar coated tongue for the sole purpose of gaining someone's attention. It usually involves an interior motives.
Compliment Is a direct statement of fact without sugar coated tongue
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by djeezy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
When I flatter you, it keeps you wondering whether you're all that. When I compliment you sincerely, you just know it's true.
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by ronald4lif(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Wetin concern me to with the difference. grin

When I suspect someone wants to feel good about themselves and needs some assessment (which most time they want it to be positive) of their attire or looks, I give a proper dose of it.
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
The dichotomy between flattery and compliment is not quite ambiguous..
When a man say fine words on some young woman profile, sooner or later she will tender herself as a fee, an ample reward for your labour..

Flattery is a blank cheque you give a woman, it gives her the ample opportunity to write whatever she deem fit...
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by Cutehector(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Daninya11:
The dichotomy between flattery and compliment is not quite ambiguous..
When a man say fine words on some young woman profile, sooner or later she will tender herself as a fee, an ample reward for your labour..

Flattery is a blank cheque you give a woman, it gives her the ample opportunity to write whatever she deem fit...
u just reminded me of dat senator wey dey speak grammer. Wats his name sef?
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Cutehector:
u just reminded me of dat senator wey dey speak grammer. Wats his name sef?

Lolxxxxx..
Re: What Is D Difference Between A Compliment And A Flatter by sinizia: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
Flattery is an excessive and insincere praise, given especially to further one's own interests.

Compliment is a formal act of civility, courtesy, or respect.

Flattery is usually laced with lies; compliment is genuine.

(1) (Reply)

Adorable (best Moment) Pictures Around The World / bored / Why This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.