Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,713 members, 7,837,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard (30467 Views)

Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD / Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
grimandevil:
when one sees 1000 reason not to vote for buhari and yet many see no such reason then know it is the will of God.
so because ppl are not coming on nairaland to tell u or talk about buhari means they will vote for him? Siddon there. Millions of ppl have changed their view about him and it is just pointless talking about him. He is no longer the strong candidate he was and ppl are dissapointed in apc for bringing out buhari ,so they will quietly wish all this drama is over and gej continue doing his job. Don't fool urself ,even the northern political class have turned to gej .it is over for apc
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by PowerDeals(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Jona go and meet d'banj as usual. ......[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Ahmeduana(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
Thunder scatter your ancestors there
OLD BOY I LIKE YOUR STYLE, YOU NO DEY GIVE THESE NUISANCE BREATHING SPACE!
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
tonychristopher:
What i keep asking myself and you people is how come yorubas allowed tinubu to manipulate them and pocket them

I just keep asking myself how come they are supporting buhari and his tinubu man

I just dont get it how they can support a man that is so old that doesn't know what m government means and what e government means

I am still asking why should they opt for gerontacracy instead of democracy are they demonstrating their monarchy and hausa oligarchy hangover..

I ask finally what will you go for is it a current phone or an anologue phone

To me I see those that support buhari as been daft and retrogressives . A man that should be in hospice

It's a thing of shame

This is not tribal bashing pls but Yoruba why do you want to drag us back

Bro, dat flu did not catch everybody. There are still some sane yoruba youths who can distinguish between a mere chant word-change and true change. Tinubu is not the leader of the south west and this election will settle it once and for all.

And most times I laff at how they plan to tackle Nigeria's problem. Their solutions are overly simplistic. To them, developing Nigeria is as simple as A, B,C. They are just tilting towards populist sentiments. They are telling the people what they want to hear. There Is nothing they have said that is different from what is being done now.
On power, they will build modular power plants in every community.
On agric, they will distribute fertilizer and seeds.
On crude oil, they will fix the price

How does this represent change and a radical departure from the norm.
Not everybody will be deceived.if they represented true change, trust me...I will be on the other side.

We don't need their 5k, we no be bam biala wey go dey beg for money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
What baffles me is how some folks still believe that Buhari has a magic wand to turn this country around especially with the bunch of criminals that he's stuck with.

I understood that Nigerians after passing through hell in the hands of Obasanjo expected so much from Jonathan due to his body language and his humble background but like they say over expectations sometimes isn't good all the time, but the man met a drowning Nigeria where bribery and corruption was normal because I can clearly remember during Obasanjo's time there was no opposition every dog lined up behind him to get a share of the national cake which gave birth to politics of godfatherism .
In my opinion Jonathan did well and the birth of a strong opposition party like the APC is a strong indicator that our democracy is taking shape because if it gets to a point where they have to perform excellently well and at the same time begging for votes, then NIGERIANS can enjoy the dividend of a good democracy but right now Buhari is a wrong choice.
bros ,buhari shouldn't even have been a choice at all talkless of been a wrong choice .

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by UncleJudax(m): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
princessdami:
Nawa sha.

For those that dnt have enough time to read.

YOU AS A FATHER CAN EVEN HELP YOUR SON/Daughter to pass his/her jamb.

Not all about brilliancy

Jamb 2015 Answers Is Now ready

http://examsland.ml/topic/289/100-sure-jamb-answer-2015-is-now-available-click-here-to-get-it.html
Jamb 2015 answers is available? Whatever happened to the plural verb..."are". Hope say no be you de solve the questions. Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
AgapeCharis:
GEJ till 2015

FIXED cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
dein77:

Hahahhahaha. He hasn't added ANYTHING new in his life for more than 3 decades!

Forged certificate. Perjured person.
bros infact I tire oooo. That party called apc is an amusing party. They have a national leader with chronic mouth odour and parkinsons disease ,their presidential candidate is a prostate cancer patient,lagos state gov aspirant na emotional and trauma walking time bomb while osun state gov is a mental case .is that party ok ?
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Femi aribisala is buhari's number 1 enemy followed by fayose, I won't be surprised if he was the one producing and directing those damaging documentaries. He claims to be a Christian but hates Buhari with all his soul. If he practices to say love your neighbour, Buhari won't be among them.
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by dein77(m): 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Sacluxpaint:
Femi aribisala is buhari's number 1 enemy followed by fayose, I won't be surprised if he was the one producing and directing those damaging documentaries. He claims to be a Christian but hates Buhari with all his soul. If he practices to say love your neighbour, Buhari won't be among them.

This is called POLITICS- using the weakness of your opponents to your own advantage.
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
dein77:

Don't mind the hypocrites. They are chanting and mouthing change, and yet they want things to remain the same.

Buhari should tell us how he intends to transform Nigeria in 4 years!

That is it bro. I hear some saying debate is not necessary. But that is one of the major reasons why we black are backward. Debates has been part of the american political culture as far back as the 1940s and 1950s. And the first televised debate was between john kennedy and his challenger then. In the last election between obama and mitt romney. They were abt three sets of debate debates. There was even one on international matters and america's foreign relations. So if in 2015, someone is rubbishing the idea of a debate. That person cannot claim to represent change or be a progressive. He is retrogressive and Nigeria is not going back to the days when there were no debates. We must have debates, with or without buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by tempest69: 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys
so these fellas made ur life miserable abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by kraftykc(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
AustineE1:

i guess people like you are the reason why APC have the temerity to tell the whole world that even if Buhari and Tinubu were 'caught in daylight robbing a bank',that APC supports will still vote for them....this is the height of egocentrism and insult of the highest order!God i weep for some youths of this country,who are victims of darkness and may never have access to light.

When the entire PDP has made it their life's work to deprive us of constant electricity how won't we be in the dark. Time to cone the dark, so we vote CHANJI!!
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Heffalump(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
grimandevil:
when one sees 1000 reason not to vote for buhari and yet many see no such reason then know it is the will of God.

No, not the will of God but of Satan. Those clamouring for the "will" of darkness when they've seen light shows they are agents of the devil and symbol of End times.
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by mcgaius: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
ooshinibos:

be careful and respect ur elders ..and u will live long

Fool,but you insult GEJ as much as you want.Is he not older than you?Well i know the region you are from.The real clueless people.
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Ahmeduana(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
ooshinibos:

be careful and respect ur elders ..and u will live long
WHICH ELDER? The one wey no go school but lie say him go, or the one wey na only 1000 people came to his campaign but use the picture from a crusade to shore up his fake popularity, or na the one wey come out of prison with just only 20k to his name but end up looting more than 100billion, or the elder "@iku" wey dem talk say make he supervise the pot of soup "privatisation"wey the whole family go take chop eba but end up eaten all the meat wey dey inside pot, OR NA THE ELDER WEY THEM TAKE DO MINISTER OF FEDERAL CAPITAL BUT WHEN IT REMAIN A DAY FOR HIM TO QUIT HIS POSITION HE SIGN OUT MOST OF CHOICE LANDS TO HIS FAMILY MEMBERS EVEN TO YET UNBORN CHILD, AND WHEN THEY ASKED HIM HE DIDN'T DENIE IT, AND SAID THAT IS WITHIN HIS PREROGATIVE ASSIGNMENT EVEN IF HE IS GOING TO SPEND JUST TWO HOURS IN OFFICE HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THAT PLEASES HIM, SO MR MAN WE KNOW WHO ARE THE REAL ELDERS, THE REAL ELDERS DON'T PRAY THAT CALAMITY SHOULD BEFELL THEIR COUNTRY SO THEY CAN USE IT AS A TOOL OF EVIL PROPAGANDA, REAL ELDERS DON'T WAIT TILL THEY GET TO POSITION OF INFLUENCE BEDFORD THEY PROFFER SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by shammah1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Illiterate like Buhari. Same flock. Smh
raumdeuter:
Buhari wouldnt dignify a clueless person like Jonathan with a debate

They say Dont argue wit dumb people because they would pull you down to their level
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Rotimi47: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=Ndlistic post=31490510][/quote]PDP foot soldier.
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by DinoAnnberry(m): 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
cyril83:
GMB should please give the dumbskull a debate, jonathan i know can't engage in any debate with GMB, immediately Apc accepts their offer, pdp would definately make a u turn.

Someone who doesn't know the difference between stealing and corruption clamouring for a public debate.

I swear to God Buhari can never stand Jonathan in any debate. Am none political, but please for Goodness sake, let's say the simple truth.
Mentally, Jonathan beats him.

Educational, Jonathan beats him. Remember he was a lecturer.

Health wise, Buhari is very sick for God's sake. He can't complete a hundred Metre race. Even obasanjo plays football.

How old is Obama, putin, etc?.

Nigerians needs a president that can stand and debate with the world leaders, and not another ya'Adua that will die on seat.

If u've got some sense, pleasant think again before u cast your vote.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
we don't want a President that will be flown into the country in a dark airport oh!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
DinoAnnberry:

I swear to God Buhari can never stand Jonathan in any debate. Am none political, but please for Goodness sake, let's say the simple truth.
Mentally, Jonathan beats him.

Educational, Jonathan beats him. Remember he was a lecturer.

Health wise, Buhari is very sick for God's sake. He can't complete a hundred Metre race. Even obasanjo plays football.

How old is Obama, putin, etc?.

Nigerians needs a president that can stand and debate with the world leaders, and not another ya'Adua that will die on seat.

If u've got some sense, pleasant think again before u cast your vote.
buhari doesn't have the mental capacity and capability to participate in a debate . After 10minutes he will lose his cool and start talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by incrediblestev: 11:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
I get so ashamed when I hear people talk about change and put a fellow like Buhari in the same stead. It continues to baffle me how a man like Tinubu can have almost all of the people of Yoruba in his pocket to the point of affecting even the well meaning ones amongst them like Femi Falana, a man I respect so much until recently when he started being obviously by-partisan in his political activism.

Even with glaring character flaws of Tinubu and the fact that the man was stealing them dry, he continues to be the most powerful and influential political leader of the Yoruba people yet they are supposed to be the "most educated Nigerian tribe".

I will continue to argue Buhari has no pedigree whatsoever to be talking of leading a multifaceted country like Nigeria. He has been in leadership positions more times than Jonathan yet he has nothing of note anyone can point. This man has been a military governor, oil minister, PTF chairman and Military Head of state yet he couldn't change anything, no wonder he can't explain or understand that change is not an event but a transformational process of time.

I am so certain that a Buhari presidency will be hijacked, all the infirmities that come with age are already glaringly manifesting in the old man, it does not matter how much packaging and teleprompter technology applied, the man is not up for this, that is the fact.

I wish people can be less emotional and more rational to think through their support for Buhari and vote wisely. Buhari is our past and it is ugly, let it stay in the past, we need to move on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by justme002: 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
..GMB is surely going to take us to the moon if he finally bcomes president and on that moon all nigerians will even become whites overnite!!..promises and promises without plans or strategies on how to put them in place!!..yet GEJ did nothing,guess u need to learn from the masters!
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by vigasimple(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2015
If you like counterfeit, then vote for

COUNTERFEIT CHANGE.

APC. = ASSOCIATION OF PACKAGING COUNTERFEITS

The article asked all the truthful relevant questions but fanatics don't read, they simply 'rebroadcast' what they have been programmed to say.

God help the youth of this country who don't know their history. They want to vote for a man who incited murders of youth corpers because he lost an election.

Say NO TO BACKWARD CHANGE AND BORN TO RULE.
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Icekyng: 12:07am On Mar 11, 2015
ololo12:
Lets be honest with ourselves. Buhari ain't capable to be the President. This kind thing baffle me, so for the whole Nigeria, APC no see better candidate than GMB to present?? This na insult to the sensibilities of Nigerians.

Nigerian politicians don fail us, and Nigeria.
Reasons plz
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Icekyng: 12:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
I am yet to see an intelligent person that supports Buhari. Most people who support Buhari never knew he killed Nkem Owoh's (Usuofia) brother on firing squad. Most of them do not know Buhari jailed journalist and might likely ban Nairaland and other blogs.

A man who truncated democracy, should NEVER be allowed to even contest election needless to WIN. If Buhari allowed Shagari civilian rule to make their mistakes and learn from it, we would not have experienced the IBB, Abacha, Abdusalem decades of serial junta that finally destroyed our psyche as a people.

Do not vote Buhari, I am warning you all.
Cry me a river
Bt thats none of my business
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Icekyng: 12:12am On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
this is what many of us have been saying . Why is it that out of 170million nigerians ,the best candidate apc and tinubu could produce is a 73 years old retired officer who is a prostate cancer patient and who ruled Nigeria 32years ago? That is why many believe that tinubu and co have a sinster motive behind this buhari candidacy
Honestly u deserve no reply
Just a 'K'
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Icekyng: 12:13am On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
what u should ask is ,how has buhari himself transformed his own life in 20years? He hasn't improved himself academically ,materially he is still the same . We are talking about a man with a stagnant life .
You cry bitterly
Hang urself at öncə na
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by Icekyng: 12:15am On Mar 11, 2015
dein77:

Hahahhahaha. He hasn't added ANYTHING new in his life for more than 3 decades!

Forged certificate. Perjured person.
Patience nko?
Re: Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard by greggng: 12:16am On Mar 11, 2015
A president who told the world that he took boko haram for granted and his clueless action led to the death of 15000 nigerians. Anyone who sacrifice the life of nigerians in the name of politics doesn't deserve decent peoples vote. Today someone was advicing pdp to advertise what they re doing in a documentary but rather the prefer to insult buhari and tinubu . Nigerians want issue based politics not and insult on someone old enough to be ones father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media / Femi Fani Kayode: I Will Never Join APC, Till Jesus Comes (Throwback Video) / Ribadu Returns APC Membership Card, To Begin PDP Campaign Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.