Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,053 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media (30457 Views)

Okoi Obono-Oblo: Buhari Apologises To Senate Over Comments About AGF / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 31, 2015

Senator-elect, Ogun East Senatorial District, Prince Buruji Kashamu, on Sunday apologised to neighbours who were affected by the siege by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

The apology came three days after the NDLEA withdrew from his Lekki residence, after keeping him hostage for six days.

In a statement released by his media aide, Mr. Austin Oniyokor, Kashamu also commended the media, the judiciary as well as his numerous supporters who thronged his residence to protest his incarceration.

The statement read, "On behalf of myself, family, associates and well-wishers, I wish to express my profound gratitude to the almighty Allah, the media, the judiciary, civil society organisations and students.

"Also professional groups and other public-spirited Nigerians home and abroad, who stood by me during the six-day siege laid to my Lagos residence by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

"I apologise to my neighbours in Lekki Phase 1, especially the management, members of staff and pupils of The Lagoon School, for all the pains and inconveniences you were subjected to.

"I know that you could not open the school throughout last week because of the barricade mounted by the fully armed and stern-looking NDLEA operatives.

"As an entrepreneur and a parent, I know the quantum of the loss you and your children have suffered as a result of the siege.

"For the six days, I was denied access to my doctors despite having challenges with my blood and sugar levels. They rose astronomically, yet they would not budge.

"So, quite naturally, after those who illegally invaded my house left on Thursday night, I was rushed to a private hospital where I am presently receiving treatment.

"Although I plan to address the media, Nigerians and the whole world on my present travails and the intricate web of politics and manoeuvring that led to it soon, I cannot wait to say thank you to all those who stood my me through the six dark days and nights.

"I have been traumatised and unjustly victimised but your fervent prayers, solidarity and support kept me. I thank you for standing by me.

"I am really grateful to the media and the judiciary and would forever live to cherish these institutions and their personnel.

"Words would fail me in showing my appreciation to you, but know that I owe you a debt of gratitude that I may never be able to repay. Once again, thank you all!"

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kashamu-apologises-to-neighbours-commends-media/210786/?utm_medium=twitter

9 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Elslim: 7:34pm On May 31, 2015
chai hu b dis guy neighbour
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Ezenwammadu(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2015
NDLEA actions is the highest height of impunity and recklesness.How can they raid a man house without necessary warrants

l don't know whether kashmu is being framed or not but whosoever authorised this action should resign

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by gunuvi(m): 7:39pm On May 31, 2015
Apologies accepted. We hope you will finally be vindicated at the end.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by kelvyn7: 7:43pm On May 31, 2015
neighbors pls come and accept the apologies from dis dude grin

7 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by sammieguze(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2015
Lolzzzzz

i agree with you.

The person should resign for doing a shoddy job
Ezenwammadu:
NDLEA actions is the highest height of impunity and recklesness.How can they raid a man house without necessary warrants
l don't know whether kashmu is being framed or not but whosoever authorised this action should resign

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Firefire(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2015
Interesting country.
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:48pm On May 31, 2015
Alhaji Kashamu, this your sympathy statement won't prevent your extradition to the U.S then, down to Guantanamo Bay.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 31, 2015
Well I don't see anyway this man can escape extradition! It was the senate elections he ran for that brought him out, otherwise he should still be enjoying the alleged drug money not wasting it on litigations and suit cases

10 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Sunnymatey(m): 7:55pm On May 31, 2015
It is only in Nigeria that we take actions in a hurry only to regret moment after. No doubt, men of intellectual abilities had left the shores of this country as a result of bad government.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by ozo13(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2015
Elslim:
chai hu b dis guy neighbour
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by niceguy7(m): 8:33pm On May 31, 2015
Take this kashamu to yaba left...asap.

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by kenkels: 8:33pm On May 31, 2015
This space is for sale

Contact 27897.. angry

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 31, 2015
undecidedLagoon school? I guess that skool was opened for emergency lagoon swimming class wen oba akiolu made his decree on ibos in lagostongue

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 31, 2015
That's your business.... Jail awaits....
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by lordhugo(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2015
If I was his neighbour, I would seek for damages!

Imagine the trauma!

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by adesegun121(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2015
Apo
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by OzMingle(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2015
What about apology to the US?

1 Like

niceguy7:
Take this kashamu to yaba left...asap.

Aye Aye Captain...

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by ezicospot(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2015
;DWho is Kashamu ?? Sounds like one of those breeds of animals we learnt during my 200level in school. Well here in Germany we Don't recognize such.

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by niceguy7(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2015
Freemanan:

Aye Aye Captain...
Lol
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by bunmititi(f): 8:35pm On May 31, 2015
Allah akbar!
Buhari is a failure
the cia rat obasanjo is a failure
tinubu is a drug dealer
osinbanjo is a liar for drug dealers and murderers

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Adekorya: 8:35pm On May 31, 2015
We don't condone rubbish in my zone.

I will personally see u off on ur extradition day...

You mayb representing my zone... But I don't care

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by seedorfg(m): 8:36pm On May 31, 2015
well done kashamu, hope you have gone to apologise to OBJ and america o

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Sunnycliff(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2015
Now can u honorably go and answer your drug offense case!

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
ff
Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by 1stola: 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
BASTĄRD miserable corrupt thief!
You should stick your apology into your bowel angry
Your days are numbered...
The thunder that will fire you is still drinking kunu in Daura angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by loomer: 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
U see, make una do something properly una no go gree. Nigeria and gragra, birds of a feather

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by seankay(m): 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
Only in Nigeria undecided

Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by helovesme(f): 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
Smh. This guy is a joke.

The alfas, marabouts and jazzmen giving him such confidence, balls and guts should be exposed.

First of all, with his criminal past and with the FBI actively on his case, he had the audacity to get involved publicly in active politics to the extent that he campaigned, contested and won the post of a senator.

Now, look at his shameless but confident press release.

He is just postponing his judgement day. He won't be sworn in as a senator and it's just a matter of time before he's on the next chartered flight to the US.

As for the residents of Ijebu -Igbo that voted for this man. . . . The likes of noble men such as the late Abraham Adesanya will be cursing and turning in his grave at the support this man received from Ijebu-Igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media by ademoladeji(m): 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Colloquium: Tinubu Apologises, Says He Meant 50,000 Youths Not 50 Million / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / President Buhari Became Sick As A Result Of The Money Stolen In Nigeria – Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.