Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) (2356 Views)

Nigerian Men Are Not Very Good In Bed (for Matured Minds Only)) / I'm In A Very Confused State Right Now. Matured Minds Should Pls Help / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 12:21am On Mar 11, 2015
We are having family dinner and a call came in (my girlfriend) I picked and asked her to call me back am eating. My mum knew it was a girl's call and asked who she was I said my GF she then said why didn't I speak our language to her? I said she isn't from our tribe. That's when she made a surprising statement that I can't marry some certain tribes she mentioned them, my dad immediately interrupt her and said I can marry from any tribe. Though it wasn't a serious conversation but I believe both of them meant their words.

NOTE: I didn't mention the tribes for security reasons.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Cutehector(m): 12:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Listen to ur dad. He is d one dat wil gv d blessin and not ur mum

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 12:24am On Mar 11, 2015
Cutehector:
Listen to ur dad. He is d one dat wil gv d blessin and not ur mum
we need both parent blessings.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Cutehector(m): 12:25am On Mar 11, 2015
falconey:
we need both parent blessings.
well its not certain u will end up marryn ur present babe anyways
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:28am On Mar 11, 2015
Listen to both of them and try working wit it. Dnt date a girl frm d tribe ur mum don't like to avoid constant family quarrel
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 12:30am On Mar 11, 2015
Cutehector:
well its not certain u will end up marryn ur present babe anyways
I don't date base on tribes, I have dated yoruba,igbo,hausa, calabar.

Who knows who I might end up with?
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 12:31am On Mar 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Listen to both of them and try working wit it. Dnt date a girl frm d tribe ur mum don't like to avoid constant family quarrel
what if I don't love girl from the tribe she want?
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Cutehector(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2015
falconey:

fulani I guess. Dem go whip ur sorry ass grin
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:35am On Mar 11, 2015
falconey:
what if I don't love girl from the tribe she want?

U dnt need to duel on that at all, cus am sure she has her reason, since ur yet to propose marriage to any girl frm d tribes she warned against, then u have nothing to worry abt. All tribes have gud girls, so work wit the tribes she will accept and find urself a gud girl
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 12:39am On Mar 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

U dnt need to duel on that at all, cus am sure she has her reason, since ur yet to propose marriage to any girl frm d tribes she warned against, then u have nothing to worry abt. All tribes have gud girls, so work wit the tribes she will accept and find urself a gud girl
I don't think that is how love works, everyman want to marry the woman he loves the most. Who knows who that might be and what tribe?

And living in ibadan doesn't guarantee you will marry a yoruba girl.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by SuperSuave(m): 12:41am On Mar 11, 2015
You're in a real family trouble..in your mothers pot of soup
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by ivyT(f): 12:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Well,dads words shld take ova_he cld persuade mom later on..
Op u sure say na SHE u go wife after d wahala both of u go dey gv una selves..
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Is lik we havin same issue here.
My mum hav always warned me never 2 marry any other tribes except ours.
Buh am gonna follow my hrt. Whichever tribe my hrt falls on is who I wil marry.

So, op follow ur hrt.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by naijaboiy: 3:15am On Mar 11, 2015
i really don't like it when parents do this. I mean why should tribe matter?
She was already expecting you to speak in your local dialect with the chick

Please have a conversation with them. Your dad should be able to convince her though.

He is the man of the house.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by naijaboiy: 3:16am On Mar 11, 2015
ivyT:
Well,dads words shld take ova_he cld persuade mom later on..
Op u sure say na SHE u go wife after d wahala both of u go dey gv una selves..
See her eyes undecided
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Enegod(m): 5:38am On Mar 11, 2015
falconey:

so, you want to taste all the tribe punnies before settling down angry
The lord is your strength undecided
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Badgers14: 6:07am On Mar 11, 2015
@Op, don't loose hope, if you really love the girl, later reason with your mom, start the conversation like you're not planning for marriage now, you are just friends with her so your mom will calm down and enter your bus.
Then ask her why she don't want you to marry from those tribes and then plead your case. These is not a one day conversation, take your time unless you're already set to marry then , you take up the issue ASAP.
But listen to why she got to say, I know this issue will be touchy to you if you really love the girl and to break up with her just like that its not easy. But don't yell, women like to be listened to and they like attention. Well you know your mom more than I do I was just writing based on what I have seen. Believe me, if you really love that girl and reason with your mom well a, if case gets though team with your dad and she will eventually join your team.Good luck
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Tallesty1(m): 6:23am On Mar 11, 2015
naijaboiy:
i really don't like it when parents do this. I mean why should tribe matter?
She was already expecting you to speak in your local dialect with the chick

Please have a conversation with them. Your dad should be able to convince her though.

He is the man of the house.
Seriously bro, tribe does matter in a way.

A woman from Kogi state died here last year, the husband is from Nsukka so the Igbos here took her corpse home for burial but do you know that the woman wasn't buried that day?

"Why" you might. I will tell you.

So many rites were performed before she was buried. Reason, because she was the first daughter of the family. The husband spent everything he had on him and even borrowed from friends yet they weren't satisfied.

The woman had six children and according their tradition, each child must bring a goat, some yam and drink.

As in eeeeh, they milked her husband dry. I can't even kiss a Kogi girl even if the love is bigger than udi hill.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Tallesty1(m): 6:26am On Mar 11, 2015
Blebleswag:
Is lik we havin same issue here.
My mum hav always warned me never 2 marry any other tribes except ours.
Buh am gonna follow my hrt. Whichever tribe my hrt falls on is who I wil marry.

So, op follow ur hrt.
It is better to marry the person your family likes because they are the ones you will turn when your partner mistreats you.

Going into a home where your ma-inlaw dislikes you is a huge job too, because you will have to work hard to make her like you or be her enemy till she dies.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 11, 2015
Given that your father sees nothing wrong in taking up a wife from any tribe, that's one less of a problem for you.

Your next assingment should be sitting your momma down and detailing how amazing this fiancee of yours is and why she should jettison any view she holds about your boo's tribe.

Remind her that you're getting married to a lady you love not her tribe and that she should get rid of the cheap generalization that a tribe is bad.

No tribe is actually bad, some individuals are.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
It is better to marry the person your family likes because they are the ones you will turn when your partner mistreats you.

Going into a home where your ma-inlaw dislikes you is a huge job too, because you will have to work hard to make her like you or be her enemy till she dies.

Oh well, if Romeo and Juliet's deaths could ultimately reconcile their feuding families in the 80s, how much more us who have graced this space in 2015?

Go for what you want in a woman, and don't allow tribe affiliations to discourage you.

If your people no like the girl and her tribe, give them a reason to.

Believe in your own judgement and people would find a way to standd on a common ground with you.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Tallesty1(m): 6:52am On Mar 11, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Oh well, if Romeo and Juliet's deaths could ultimately reconcile their feuding families in the 80s, how much more us who have graced this space in 2015?

Go for what you want in a woman, and don't allow tribe affiliations to discourage you.

If your people no like the girl and her tribe, give them a reason to.

Believe in your own judgement and people would find a way to standd on a common ground with you.
lols......

It sounds tribalistic but I do consider someone's tribe before dating because these things have a way of dragging you down in the end, trust me.

It is not like there is a particular tribe that has the best women, nope.... My fear is the way of life.

There are cultures I can't put up with, that's my point.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by justmag(m): 6:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Listen to you heart!
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
lols......

It sounds tribalistic but I do consider someone's tribe before dating because these things have a way of dragging you down in the end, trust me.

It is not like there is a particular tribe that has the best women, nope.... My fear is the way of life.

There are cultures I can't put up with, that's my point.

Well that makes us two different people.

I believe in my assessment so much that I can pick up a lady who hails from hell-fire and make her my wife.

I don't care about where you're coming from, I only care about what you can offer.

I once met a babe who hails from a tribe that were purpoted to be cannibals. My pals only knew about this, and they feared that i would one day serve for lunch but dang I cared less.

I got closer to this chick, made out with her on several occassions and we started dating.

Our union amazingly shot me into new experiences. Her tribe were never cannibals. Those were only myths that have been passed to the younger generations which have unwittingly dented the image of the tribe.

I also came to the realization that beyond this babe's drop dead beauty lies amazing features that would have a man scampering off to pay her brideprice.

She was a definition of a real woman, one I could have missed out on if I had subscribed to some cheap generalization.

Another is inductive reasoning. Like asserting that every Benin indigene is into witch-craft because Mrs Ojo who's from Benin is a witch.

Brother I've learnt to be different and to think deductively, you should try it out one of these days.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by MizMyColi(f): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2015
AirborneLacer:

I believe in my assessment so much that I can pick up a lady who hails from hell-fire and make her my wife.

I don't care about where you're coming from, I only care about what you can offer.

I once met a babe who hails from a tribe that were purpoted to be cannibals. My pals only knew about this, and they feared that i would one day serve for lunch but dang I cared less.

I got closer to this chick, made out with her on several occassions and we started dating.

Our union amazingly shot me into new experiences. Her tribe were never cannibals. Those were only myths that have been passed to the younger generations which have unwittingly dented the image of the tribe.

I also came to the realization that beyond this babe's drop dead beauty lies amazing features that would have a man scampering off to pay her brideprice.

She was a definition of a real woman, one I could have missed out on if I had subscribed to some cheap generalization.

Another is inductive reasoning. Like asserting that every Benin indigene is into witch-craft because Mrs Ojo who's from Benin is a witch.

Brother I've learnt to be different and to think deductively, you should try it out one of these days.

@Tallesty1 inugo tongue
As for me.
My name is Adannaya
Life and Love remains my Religion.

We will never get better, until we truly begin to see our oneness as individuals, until we let go of our mental segregation of people.
Until we stop seeing ourselves as better than the other.

Honestly.....
I don't care what tribe he is from, I am not concerned about how much money he has or not, looks and height? Balderdash.
The only times these variables come into play, even for me as a person, is when I don't love the person enough to wanna make a life with them.

No wonder someone said, "God, let your will be done"......is the hardest prayer of all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 11, 2015
It is good to seek counsel of our parents when it comes to choosing life partner and then they can mislead especially when they want a girl from their tribe.

Choosing a life partner involves a lot of criteria; family background, her attitude, her spiritual life, etc.

U are the one who is going into marriage. Your decision now matters. As long as your gf family, her attitude is okay and your dad is not against tribal sentiments, pls don't let go of her. As for your mum with time she will succumb to your dad's advice.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Tallesty1(m): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

@Tallesty1 inugo tongue
As for me.
My name is Adannaya
Life and Love remains my Religion.

We will never get better, until we truly begin to see our oneness as individuals, until we let go of our mental segregation of people.
Until we stop seeing ourselves as better than the other.

Honestly.....
I don't care what tribe he is from, I am not concerned about how much money he has or not, looks and height? Balderdash.
The only times these variables come into play, even for me as a person, is when I don't love the person enough to wanna make a life with them.

No wonder someone said, "God, let your will be done"......is the hardest prayer of all.
This isn't about seeing oneself as better than the other.

This is not about loving people for who they are.

This is about being able to handle what comes with them.

Someone is getting something wrong.

I will use another example to buttress my point.

There is a village in Nsukka, most of people there are pagans and Idol worshipers, thou majority of them do go to church but it is just to fulfil all righteousness.

These people do not care if your wedding took place in Paris or Tokyo, there are certain (pagan) things you must do before you will be confirmed married otherwise your children belongs to the wife's father.

Things that I can't see myself doing no matter what.

Let's say my gf is from that village and is a core believer in those things just like her parents, do you expect me to put head in what I know that I can't do just because of love?

No ma, she wouldn't come from that village if she truly loves megrin
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:

There is a village in Nsukka, most of people there are pagans and Idol worshipers, thou majority of them do go to church but it is just to fulfil all righteousness.

These people do not care if your wedding took place in Paris or Tokyo, there are certain (pagan) things you must do before you will be confirmed married otherwise your children belongs to the wife's father.

Let's say my gf is from that village and is a core believer in those things just like her parents, do you expect me to put head in what I know that I can't do just because of love?

Albeit I wouldn't advice you to go against your religion, I still remain of the opinion that love defies all odds.

You could proffer a way out of the ritual and one of them is by running away with your bride cheesy

How about you becoming the change you 'think' they need? Taking the gospel of Jesus to them. That would be tactically dodging the whips of their rituals too.

Go the extra mile for what you really need.

Don't stop hunting for golds 'cause they're usually buried in dirts.

Akwa ifuru Mizmycoli? I know her to be a wife material. If I'm in the position to walk her down the aisle, I wouldn't allow her tribe's weird rituals like chopping off potential suitors' testicles discourage me.

I would go the extra mile to have her, not by presenting my testicle on the cutting board, but by bending the rules or better still running away with her cheesy
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Tallesty1(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Albeit I wouldn't advice you to go against your religion, I still remain of the opinion that love defies all odds.

You could proffer a way out of the ritual and one of them is by running away with your bride cheesy

How about you becoming the change you 'think' they need? Taking the gospel of Jesus to them. That would be tactically dodging the whips of their rituals too.

Go the extra mile for what you really need.

Don't stop hunting for golds 'cause they're usually buried in dirts.

Akwa ifuru Mizmycoli? I know her to be a wife material. If I'm in the position to walk her down the aisle, I wouldn't allow her tribe's weird rituals like chopping off potential suitors' testicles discourage me.

I would go the extra mile to have her, not by presenting my testicle on the cutting board, but by bending the rules or better still running away with her cheesy
lwkmd here.

You are really funny sir.

I am just laughing alone here like a fool, thank God nobody is watching.

Running away with the bridegrin is only possible if she isn't like her people.

You keep repeating this "Chopping off of testicles" as if it is really true.

I ave heard the story about "in-law" eating villages but I didn't believe any of them. But I will wear 9 boxers and 5 Jeans before going there just in casegringrin.

My point is, before you marry a lady against your parent's wish, make sure she is worth the risk else you will bear the consequence alone.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:

you know why I love your points? It comes with stories.
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
lwkmd here.

You are really funny sir.

I am just laughing alone here like a fool, thank God nobody is watching.

Running away with the bridegrin is only possible if she isn't like her people.

You keep repeating this "Chopping off of testicles" as if it is really true.

I ave heard the story about "in-law" eating villages but I didn't believe any of them. But I will wear 9 boxers and 5 Jeans before going there just in casegringrin.

My point is, before you marry a lady against your parent's wish, make sure she is worth the risk else you will bear the consequence alone.

You see the emboldened? That's the bottom line.

That was the exact point I made when I said, you have to trust your own judgement before making a dire call.

And yes, chopping off of suitors' testicles is real in Coli's village. So back off grin cheesy
Re: Who Should I Listen To? (matured minds) by falconey(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2015
AirborneLacer:

great points no doubt but I still think family acceptance 1st.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Photo (funny) / These Nairalanders Pre Wedding Photos Are Gorgeous / If You Were To Name Your Child After A Nairalander Which Name Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.