Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,126 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better (24897 Views)

World Powerful Country That Is Capable Of Fighting World War / Ethnic Cleansing In The Name Of Fighting Corruption / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by nonjebose(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:

while making a point you don't start with insult, that will send a wrong signal, and will rubbish every thing no matter how good your point is!
I will ignore your first paragraph.

now your second paragraph said it all!

"Prosecuting corrupt persons is the last stage of fighting corruption."

thats what our president is currently doing!
taking it step by step, stage by stage before arriving to the last stage as you pointed out.

but for some people their knowledge on how to fight corruption starts and ends with the last stage! just by jailing people without finding the lasting solution to it.
so what stage is he?
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by inereunwa1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If you aren't ignorant; I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE SOLUTIONS TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD WHICH YOU JUST INSULTED JONATHAN BECAUSE OF IT...
and if you are not ignorant; i challenge you to come out and tell us that gej is not corrupt 8-) Mr stealing is not corruption:p
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by maestroz: 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:
Buhari promised to kill corruption if elected!

http://leadership.ng/news/417280/ill-kill-corruption-in-nigeria-buhari

But here is my personal submission.....

buhari can never kill corruption!!!

he couldn't kill corruption when he had absolute power as military dictator,
but think he can do it now as a constitutional president, what a joke!!!

first, buhari do not know how to fight corruption! supposing he did know, Nigeria would have been corrupt free by now, because buhari was once a head of state!

secondly, l prefer Gej's way of fighting corruption to that of buhari!

buhari believes in fighting corruption by jailing people with little or no care on the root cause!

while Gej on the other hand believes in building corrupt free system that can last even when he is no longer there!!

but unfortunately most Nigerians prefer action with no result,

for instant, do you know how many people buhari would have sent to jail because of fertilizer scam without solving the problem itself!
but Gej came in change the corrupt system that have been there for years even to the time of buhari,
But now it is impossible for corrupt people to operate with the new system without making too much noise about it.

your write up shows you eat and drink corruption. how on earth would you compare both machineries. GEJ promised to fight corruption with TECHNOLOGY yet he has refused the use of card readers for election. who is deceiving who? don't worry you won't bother travelling out of naija....oyinboz go begin kom hia wen decency sets in

1 Like

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by maestroz: 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:

first, buhari do not know how to fight corruption! supposing he did know, Nigeria would have been corrupt free by now, because buhari was once a head of state!

buhari believes in fighting corruption by jailing people with little or no care on the root cause!

while Gej on the other hand believes in building corrupt free system that can last even when he is no longer there!!

for instant, do you know how many people buhari would have sent to jail because of fertilizer scam without solving the problem itself!
but Gej came in change the corrupt system that have been there for years even to the time of buhari,
But now it is impossible for corrupt people to operate with the new system without making too much noise about it.

your write up shows you eat and drink corruption. how on earth would you compare both machineries. GEJ promised to fight corruption with TECHNOLOGY yet he has refused the use of card readers for election. who is deceiving who? don't worry you won't bother travelling out of naija....oyinboz go begin kom hia wen decency sets in

wallahi if nigeria does not kill kwaraption, kwaraption would kill nigeria(GMB, 2015)
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by lordmario(m): 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
I will always prefer buhari's system because Nigeria is a place where you can only rule with force. Why do you think nigerians fear soldier pass court of law?
If 10ppl are thrown into prison, others will sit tight... Who said corruption wiil not reduce?
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
inereunwa1:
and if you are not ignorant; i challenge you to come out and tell us that gej is not corrupt 8-) Mr stealing is not corruption:p

smh
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by dotfam2104(m): 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=Whynotthetruth post=31823899]

Unfortunately, just like most criticisms on this thread; you all didn't even understand what strong institutions mean...it is not about efcc or icpc but a systemic approach to corruption fight...which involves nipping it in the bud...it is proactive not reactive...it emphasizes prevention rather than cure...

To some of you examples; with the latest automated system of revenue collection Jonathan introduced... most agencies and ministries won't have access to cash talk more of stealing same...it is a cashless system...When there's no money; there won't be any stealing and you won't have a farouk lawan or subsidy scam because the system has been fixed...Now some exceptional cases that will crop up; will be very easy to detect and punished....
Just like how the system crashed last December when some people wanted to manoeuvre and steal...hence they only delayed federal staff salaries but didn't steal again... you can now trace such people and punish them...it is this magic that also helped stop fertilizer scam without much ado....thanks

D questn is ow far av dey gone wiv dz automated system? D cashless policy is only effective in d payment of salaries of federal govt staff. D whole system is structured in a way that everyfyn can neva be automated. Dyu even knw the federal govt make some expenses dat are nt included in d budget? Dere ar several means corrupt officials enrich themselves with public funds. Pple dat were indicted in d subsidy scam payd certain amt to farouk lawan whc hz nothing to do with d authomated system of revenue allocation u mentioned.dey can neva make d whole system cashless, dats my argument. Pple need to be punished for being corrupt to serve as deterent to others. It may nt wipe corruptn out totally, buh it wud make pple conscious of d fact dah dere is a punishment for being corrupt. U cant steal our money nd rub it in our face, Cappish!!
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Utchman1: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ's system of fighting corruption is by not using Card Readers for election, but he is using Technology to fight corruption.

Okay, let us assume he uses technology to stop it from happening, what do you now do when the people go ahead to still defraud the system?

To clap for them and say well I used technology?

Anyone who is found wanting should be judged and punished accordingly.

Also a true leader should distance himself from anyone who has been found wanting as regards to corruption.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by inereunwa1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

smh
why you come stop now bring it on and lets see who go win taniods aka foot soldier
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by anonimi: 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
lordmario:
I will always prefer buhari's system because Nigeria is a place where you can only rule with force. Why do you think nigerians fear soldier pass court of law?
If 10ppl are thrown into prison, others will sit tight
... Who said corruption wiil reduce?

For how long do you think that should continue- forever

BTW, why do you think some of us are like that- could it be because leaders like Buhari (when he was MAXIMUM ruler) are treated as SPECIAL, privileged people who can literally get away with murder. That was what he did locking up many INNOCENT people like Ekwueme, Jakande, Ajasin, Fela while freeing Emir of Gwandu and his 53 suitcases as well as Awwal Ibrahim, then governor of Niger state!

Let us not forget the $2.8 billion that disappeared while he was federal Commissioner for petroleum and N45 billion as PTF Chairman hence he could easily tell us Abacha did not steal- surely a comrade thief will not call his comrade thief, thief.

Even now he has said he will NOT prosecute corrupt past leaders shocked

Buhari Will Not Probe Past Corrupt Leaders

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has stated that its presidential candidate, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, will not immediately launch into probes of past leaders, politicians and officials who have stolen from the country when elected president, insofar as they repent.

Making this known in Benin on Monday, the National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Oyegun said Buhari will concentrate primarily on solving Nigeria's many problems left behind by past leaders.

"The first moments of a Buhari presidency will be on the future," Oyegun said, adding: "His message will be clear: whatever you did before that was detrimental to the people of this country, please stop it, change has come."

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201412300490.html

So please tell us on what basis Buhari is being SOLD as anti-corruption if not a SCAM

General Muhammadu Buhari is the Baba Isale of corruption despite pretending otherwise.
QED!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by yumie: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
Presido,na wa for you oooo, you just refused to see d handwriting on the wall, you said you are the best,we say okay,thank you,but go,lets give someone else a chance the way we gave you,you are resulting everything to violence, to the extend that ur supporters are so aggressive. Hmm, it is well with NIGERIA.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by lordmario(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=anonimi post=31826208]

For how long do you think that should continue- forever

If that will make Nigeria corruption free then let it be forever.

[quote author=anonimi post=31826208]

BTW, why do you think some of us are like that- could it be because leaders like Buhari (when he was MAXIMUM ruler) are treated as SPECIAL, privileged people who can literally get away with murder. That was what he did locking up many INNOCENT people like Ekwueme, Jakande, Ajasin, Fela while freeing Emir of Gwandu and his 53 suitcases as well as Awwal Ibrahim, then governor of Niger state!

Let us not forget the $2.8 billion that disappeared while he was federal Commissioner for petroleum and N45 billion as PTF Chairman hence he could easily tell us Abacha did not steal- surely a comrade thief will not call his comrade thief, thief.

Even now he has said he will NOT prosecute corrupt past leaders shocked

At least buhari prosecuted some. How many has jonathan held responsible?
How many billions of dollars have gone missing under jonathan and how many are still going to miss.
Or what do we call giving our nations wealth(oil) security to tompolo, asari and uncle gani?
What do we call jona's unguarded utterances eg stealing is nt corruption, how much did nwobodo steal? Etc
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by drtwist(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Meelaw(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:

Jim Nwobodo stole nothing compare to father of all corruption Sani Abacha! yet,

Abacha is not corrupt........ Gmb
A theif is a theif either 5naira of 5 billion,I see you one of those that believe dat stealing is not corruption,go 2 d market and steal 5 naira..when u asked y,tell dem aw much did u steal,don't thank me na,u will @d end
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Jbenue: 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Presidential pardon is constitutional and is meant for criminals and looters not for saints and good citizens bro...it is granted by state council which buhari and all APC governors are members...it cannot be granted if they don't support it...
Finally, how can we fight corruption better in your own understanding

Yes we all know pardon are for criminals. Whether the right to pardon should even be exercised when a court of Law has convicted a person is a debate in itself.
As the head of state and the head of government perception in everything you carry out is key. If corruption has been identified as Nigerias greatest problem by the president, and most be stopped at all cost. When a high profile person who happens to be a sitting governor is cuaght red handed and convicted this sends out a message that corruption will not be tolerated. But what GEJ did in his capacity as head of state and government in pardoning a convicted fraudster severely undermines this message of zero tolerance for corruption. It may even embolden future public office holder to engage in corrupt practices and gives the perception that you may truncate the laws of the nation as long as you are well connected.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by authority2006(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Is GEJ fighting corruption? He only reminded us that there is difference between stealing and corruption if I'm right.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by jibrilaminu003(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:

Hw can GEJ who is CORRUPTION POSITIVE fight the DISEASE?
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Chosenone2: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
vanndubi:
@ OP, are u referring to goat/ yam system. Have u considered when separate the goat and the yam, another goat can go from behind and eat the yam?

The question is: what is the penalty for stealing govt's money?
are u also telling me that if u kill d first goat, no goat will come around again?
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by dazangel11(f): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
I prefer d gej way.

I wish the legislooters can enact a law that makes all it compulsory for all govt agency to publish and make all financial dealings public that will go a long way. we should stop running govt like a secret cult
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Abraham2013(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
Boss13:

I did not insult you but considered the post to be dumb. Even this comment you just made. You do not assume on the premise of statements. We are in a democracy and in a democracy we are guided by the constitution (the highest law in the country). You cannot arrest people without any iota of suspicion. It is left on the onus of the alleged corrupt person to prove that he did not partake in any corrupt activity. Though, it is assume that corrupt persons are innocent until proven guilty.

From your post, I will presume that many of us do not understand how corruption is being fought. Some based their indices on conviction rate; others on the factors that create incentives for corrupt practices. Me, I will based mine on the leadership tone set above, because that is what drives and encompasses the urge to curb corruption.

Statements made by the President on corruption are not encouraging and hence, I tend to score his administration poor on the fight against corruption.

Aside that, if we take conviction rate as an indices you will find out that the EFCC is doing little or nothing and hence, the perception index is high (internally and externally).

System controls - The president has said he does not intend to lock up people in jail for corruption but to fight corruption with system. On a honest note, I like this approach because there is also considerable cost savings from prosecuting corrupt offenders (this cost includes; logistics, paper filing, court prosecution, lawyers fees, the use of experts and their fees (forensic auditing); and other miscellaneous cost attached for just one conviction). As revealed, it cost the Britons a huge estimate of money to convict Ibori (I have forgotten the actual figure). So this approach saves cost.

However, system controls can be overridden, especially but those who implemented it (for example, minister of finance, CBN, the president himself, other important aides e.t.c). Also, there may be one or more persons, with knowledge of the system, to collude and circumvent the operative effectiveness of the control system. Finally, system controls may fail.

So like I said previously, an effective fight against corruption, which our eminent president, isn't doing includes and is not just limited to system controls as recommended by the president -

- High leadership integrity and commitment on the fight on corruption
- Effective Anti-corruption Act
- Efficient and effective anti-corruption system controls
- Whistle blowing programs and procedures
- Effective law enforcement agencies to act as a deterrent
- Blacklisting and incarcerating corrupt offenders; by maintaining a good comprehensive list of corrupt offenders and circularizing them regularly.

Even with the above, there will still be droplets of corruption, however, the overall perception and actual corrupt practices will reduce drastically because the risk engaging in corruption will be outrageously higher than the benefit.

Now based on the above, can you honestly admit that President Jonathan is fighting corruption? I intentionally left out the bad attributes of corruption in order not to make my response verbose and also note that I did not insult your person.

Another free consultancy.

Have a great day
Plz educate me more, name 2 countries dat run d kind of anti-corruption practice u just listed above?
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by MORNDEW(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Do you even understand the meaning of strong institutions

BTW why are you jamming up different issues here
i dnt know pls tell me. Wht's strong institutions.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by olami234lekan(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:

This your writeup is irritating.
The only cause of corruption is the conviction of the perpetrators that they will live to spend there loot. And that's also the mistake that Buhari made then. If he had been executing those corrupt leaders then instead of jailing them he would have gotten the desired result in that short period of time. However his tactics of jailing them will have also worked but with a longer time. Note that the only act of corruption is killing Nigerians on a daily basis so anybody found in the act should be killed. To give justice to those that lost their life because of corrupt leaders.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by kaziblaq: 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
Anybody who says Mr president said stealing is not corruption only have insufficient information or is completely lame, when somebody make a statement like let people who embezze govt. Funds be called thieves other being hidden under the umbrella of corruption. That it will be more impartful if we classify dem as thieve rather than just hide under corrupt leaders. Does these statement mean that stealing is not corruption?? Com'on Nigerians for once!!!!!
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by agabaI23(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
Buhari fights corruption even when his method is ineffective when it suits him and looks away when it does not. Abacha is not corrupt even with repatriation of the money he looted by Swiss banks. Awwal corrupt governor of Niger state was caught with £14 million pounds and he only spent two weeks on house arrest and was released under the watch of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Listen, if your child steals 4 for d first time, what do you do? Part him/her on the head and say we'll done?

Or you punish the child for his wrong doing?
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by olami234lekan(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
kaziblaq:
Anybody who says Mr president said stealing is not corruption only have insufficient information or is completely lame, when somebody make a statement like let people who embezze govt. Funds be called thieves other being hidden under the umbrella of corruption. That it will be more impartful if we classify dem as thieve rather than just hide under corrupt leaders. Does these statement mean that stealing is not corruption?? Com'on Nigerians for once!!!!!

It wouldn't have caught people's attention if that's his statement.
But him saying mere stealing couple with fact that he pardon someone jailed for stealing public fund. Thinking stealing of billions is mere stealing is unacceptable
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by PastorOla1: 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ is never & will never fight corruption that is his stand, I will go with GMB please.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by gp6liveth(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Gej using technology and buhari using prison. As a forensic accountant I prefer technological application. Testimony from E-wallet in distributing fertilizers. Buhari ideas are ideas of 3 decades back. Forward Nigeria!!!
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by piagetskinner(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
GeJ rides on corruption
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by tylesh(f): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
dotfam2104:
I think we need to be sincere wiv ourselves. Corruption is being handled wiv kids glove in dz present administration nd we all knw it. I bliv we need a leader dah hz a firm a ;DhInti-corruption stand. A situation whereby anti corruption institutions nw run afta yahoo boys is height of inefficiency. Dz institutions need to be strenghtened. I bliv corrupt govt officials shld be prosecuted, pple who enrich themselves wiv public funds shld face d consequence.

Like they do in China
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jbenue:

Yes we all know pardon are for criminals. Whether the right to pardon should even be exercised when a court of Law has convicted a person is a debate in itself.
As the head of state and the head of government perception in everything you carry out is key. If corruption has been identified as Nigerias greatest problem by the president, and most be stopped at all cost. When a high profile person who happens to be a sitting governor is cuaght red handed and convicted this sends out a message that corruption will not be tolerated. But what GEJ did in his capacity as head of state and government in pardoning a convicted fraudster severely undermines this message of zero tolerance for corruption. It may even embolden future public office holder to engage in corrupt practices and gives the perception that you may truncate the laws of the nation as long as you are well connected.

Plz shun this long essay because you're getting it all wrong...

1)According to our constitution, a person is NOT guilty till convicted by court of competent jurisdiction...

2)Jonathan has the singular duty of respecting, protecting and governing with ONLY the constitution...

3)A person can only be entitled to presidential pardon having been convicted by a court and served out his term and is found to been of good carriage afterwards... (nothing is debatable here)...

4)Jonathan is NOT a head of state. He is an elected president.

5)Every other thing you wrote is sermon on morality not constitutionality... Know the differences and quit accusing people ignorantly...

1 Like

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by driand(m): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Agbawotosabi:
Hm...
In a country where stealin' is nt corruptn
angry angry
don't mind d stupid op.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Who Will You Vote For And Why? / Tinubu Posseses Skills To Address Economic Challenges, Says Babangida / Lagos Central: Eshinlokun-Sanni Wins As Lagos Tribunal Delivers Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.