Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru (3618 Views)

Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru / Katsina College Releases Buhari’s WASC Results / So Gen Buhari Has Just A WASC Certificate For Next Month's Election? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by seunwen2(m): 10:29am On Mar 14, 2015
Former FCT Minister and Kaduna APC Governorship candidate, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai says only a brainless person will doubt that a man who served as a General in the Nigeria army has no certificate. He said this at the APC Youth Forum in Lagos yesterday March 12th
"I will not talk about the certificate because that is brainless. Only someone without a brain will say that a person that has enrolled as an officer in the Nigerian army and rose to the ranks of General doesn't have the equivalent of an O'Level certificate" he said.

http://crunchevents..com/2015/03/only-brainless-person-will-say-army.html?m=1
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by delishpot: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2015
Which certificate Idi amin get? Yet, we know where him reach for rank.

6 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by PhockPhockMan: 10:45am On Mar 14, 2015
To prove that I'm brainless as you said , show me Buhari's certificate.
Or Sharaaaaaaaap.

I insist, Buhari is certificateless.

11 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by meforyou1(m): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2015
Buhari is a product of quota system. He has no school cert. To hell with dwarfish el rufai

6 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by midolian(m): 10:50am On Mar 14, 2015
EL Rufai, abeg tell dem..
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by PhockPhockMan: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2015
meforyou1:
Buhari is a product of quota system. He has no school cert. To hell with dwarfish el rufai
He traveled to London for two weeks for reasons best known to him, Why didn't he bring the photocopy of his certificate.

APC Mumu people.

8 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by dein77(m): 10:56am On Mar 14, 2015
Instead of all these unnecessary insults, let him just show it to us. It's that simple!

Mohamed Buhari, according to the letter of recommendation from his principal, gained admission into the Military with WILL PASS basis. Of course then, the Nigerian Military was effectively an Hausa-Fulani military where favouritism, nepotism and corruption reigned supreme. From the letter, it was obvious an average Hausa-Fulani needed ONLY a letter of recommendation to gain admission to institutions located at the North.

Besides, there's no further evidence he later got his certificate. We should quit being emotional about this issue. He that cometh to equity should do so with clean hands.

We won't let this matter slide till its addressed. It's not impossible for him to have grown through the ranks to become a general, especially in a system headed mostly by the Hausa-Fulani oligarchs. We know these things.

He was in the UK lately.

He should spare us the stress by simply showing us his certificate. What's difficult?

8 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Osama10(m): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2015
I can still remember my days in Uniport, we did certificate verification close to graduation time, I travelled to benin then WAEC office got the certificate and back to school to do the verification exercise.

So why is it so difficult for someone who claims to be a Mr Integrity to just show a common certificate? I just wonder.

6 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2015
Buhari show your certificate. Period.

5 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2015
Osama10:
I can still remember my days in Uniport, we did certificate verification close to graduation time, I travelled to benin then WAEC office got the certificate and back to school to do the verification exercise.
So why is it so difficult for someone who claims to be a Mr Integrity to just show a common certificate? I just wonder.
PhockPhockMan:
To prove that I'm brainless as you said , show me Buhari's certificate.
Or Sharaaaaaaaap.

I insist, Buhari is certificateless.

dein77:
Instead of all these unnecessary insults, let him just show it to us. It's that simple!
Mohamed Buhari, according to the letter of recommendation from his principal, gained admission into the Military with WILL PASS basis. Of course then, the Nigerian Military was effectively an Hausa-Fulani military where favouritism, nepotism and corruption reigned supreme. From the letter, it was obvious an average Hausa-Fulani needed ONLY a letter of recommendation to gain admission to institutions located at the North.
Besides, there's no further evidence he later got his certificate. We should quit being emotional about this issue. He that cometh to equity should do so with clean hands.
We won't let this matter slide till its addressed. It's not impossible for him to have grown through the ranks to become a general, especially in a system headed mostly by the Hausa-Fulani oligarchs. We know these things.
He was in the UK lately.
He should spare us the stress by simply showing us his certificate. What's difficult?

A statement of results which qualified him for a certificate has already been produced - fact!
Have you seen the folks at Cambridge, who addressed other ancillary matters in two different press statements, dispute its authenticity? Of course not!

I am afraid El-rufai is absolutely right on this score, some of you just can't help showcasing your limited intelligence to the rest of the world.

1 Like

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by GBTYO: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2015
Midget El Rufai of Broomsville united defending his incompetent illiterate fellow fulani herdsman

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Austema(m): 11:29am On Mar 14, 2015
#Babawhenyouhavegone......GEJ and FAYOSE lied to us that you dont have a waec redult
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2015
Only an insane person will think buhari cannot join the army without wasc based on quota system.

5 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2015
customized13:
Only an insane person will think buhari cannot join the army without wasc based on quota system.

I cannot debate someone who defaults to a state of unreason, but I have no problem putting the facts out there for other interested parties. grin

Whether you like it or not, back then, the basic educational requirement for admission to the Officer Corps was a West African School Certificate or equivalent. Now here is the clincher; maths was not a pre-requisite for the West African School Certificate (WASC) in the early '60s.

2. To pass the School Certificate, candidates had to pass examinations in a variety of groups. It was compulsory to pass English Language, but not Maths, in order to gain the Certificate.
Source:http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/

See image attached for further details on entry qualifications. Source: The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt 1960-67 (African Studies), Robin Luckham

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Whether you like it or not, back then, the basic educational requirement for admission to the Officer Corps was a West African School Certificate or equivalent. Now here is the clincher; maths was not a pre-requisite for the West African School Certificate (WASC) in the early '60s.

Source:http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/

See image attached for further details on entry qualifications. Source: The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt 1960-67 (African Studies), Robin Luckham

yarning, as if we don't know how northerners go about it, buhari joined the army with a written letter from his principal, abeg tell us something else.

3 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Osama10(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

A statement of results which qualified him for a certificate has already been produced - fact!
Have you seen the folks at Cambridge, who addressed other ancillary matters in two different press statements, dispute its authenticity? Of course not!
I am afraid El-rufai is absolutely right on this score, some of you just can't help showcasing your limited intelligence to the rest of the world.

Thank God you said statement of result which can be produced in a business centre, what we want to see is original certificate.

Mind you am not into any party, I believe things should be done properly.

1 Like

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2015
customized13:
yarning, as if we don't know how northerners go about it, buhari joined the army with a written letter from his principal, abeg tell us something else.

Chew on this...

EXCLUSIVE: Katsina College releases Buhari’s ​WASC results

Government College, formerly Provincial Secondary School, Katsina, which Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, graduated from in 1961, has released Mr. Buhari’s secondary school certificate examination results.

The results, obtained exclusively by PREMIUM TIMES Wednesday, confirm Mr. Buhari’s claim that he undertook the University of Cambridge West African School Certificate Examinations and obtained five credits in English Language, Geography, Hausa Language, History, and Health Science.

PREMIUM TIMES obtained the computer printout from Cambridge University as well as a statement of result, signed by the current principal of Katsina College, dated January 21, 2015.

The results show that Mr. Buhari, a former military head of state, failed in Mathematics and Woodwork, and had a pass in Literature in English.
The examination centre number was 8280, while Mr. Buhari’s candidate number was 002.

The statement of results is printed on the letter head paper of the Katsina State Ministry of Education, and it shows that the examination took place in 1961.

The Cambridge print out also shows the result of 17 other candidates at the centre, including Shehu Yar’Adua, a former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters.

Source: [url]http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175384-breaking-katsina-college-releases-buharis-%E2%80%8Bwasc-results.html[/url]
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2015
Osama10:

Thank God you said statement of result which can be produced in a business centre, what we want to see is original certificate.

Mind you am not into any party, I believe things should be done properly.

Has the Cambridge examination board repudiated the results attributed to it? So who the fvckk is inconsequential Osama10?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits ~ Albert Einstein
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by dein77(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Sir Isaac Newton, the electoral law said CERTIFICATE, not STATEMENT OF RESULT!

All we want to see is Buhari's WASC/Cambridge. That's all.

5 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2015
dein77:

Sir Isaac Newton, the electoral law said CERTIFICATE, not STATEMENT OF RESULT!

All we want to see is Buhari's WASC/Cambridge. That's all.

In that case, you would be waiting till kingdom come.
I have already explained why a certifying statement of results (or affidavit) has to be used, in place of a stolen certificate, elsewhere.

Now let's see if you can process the information included below...

(An earlier post on the same subject)
========================================

Who told you it is possible to get a certificate for an examination held more than 50 years ago, in 2015, TANoid @maslong?

When are you untutored clowns going to understand that things worked a little differently in the 1960s? Or that 'University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate' (UCLES) no longer exists in its original form.

For one; all enquiries relating to certificates of exams held that far back, must now go to 'Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams' (OCR) - a new examination board

Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams (OCR)
Contact OCR if your old exam board was one of the following:

East Midland Regional Examinations Board (EMREB)
Midland Examining Group (MEG)
Oxford and Cambridge Examinations and Assessment Council (OCEAC)
Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination Board (OCSEB)
Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
Southern Regional Examinations Board (SREB)
Southern Universities Joint Board for Schools Examinations (SUJB)
University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES)
University of Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations (UODLE)
West Midlands Examinations Board (WMEB)
If your exam board was the East Anglian Examinations Board (EAEB), contact either Pearson Edexcel or OCR - they both hold some of the records.
Source: Get a replacement exam certificate -- https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate/if-your-old-exam-board-no-longer-exists

And two; OCR would only provide a 'certifying statement of results' - the equivalent of the same document already provided by Katsina college - and not an original CERTIFICATE.

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 14, 2015
Hell Rufai. Mrs. Jimi Lawal abi na true say una don divorce as your husband don run with money wey you loot.
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Chew on this...

Source: [url]http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175384-breaking-katsina-college-releases-buharis-%E2%80%8Bwasc-results.html[/url]
oluwole statement of result, buhari joined the army with a piece of paper from his principal.

1 Like

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

In that case, you would be waiting till kingdom come.
I have already explained why a certifying statement of results (or affidavit) has to be used, in place of a stolen certificate, elsewhere.

Now let's see if you can process the information included below...

(An earlier post on the same subject)
========================================

Who told you it is possible to get a certificate for an examination held more than 50 years ago, in 2015, TANoid @maslong?

When are you untutored clowns going to understand that things worked a little differently in the 1960s? Or that 'University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate' (UCLES) no longer exists in its original form.

For one; all enquiries relating to certificates of exams held that far back, must now go to 'Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Exams' (OCR) - a new examination board

Source: Get a replacement exam certificate -- https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate/if-your-old-exam-board-no-longer-exists

And two; OCR would only provide a 'certifying statement of results' - the equivalent of the same document already provided by Katsina college - and not an original CERTIFICATE.

Anything different from this is a cock and bull story.

1 Like

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by geniusmedia: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
God bless Nigeria
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by PhockPhockMan: 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

Have you ever seen anybody who got employed with mere statement of result?
Keep deceiving yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by elisjini: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, we have Just few days to our elections and below are some vital things we must consider before casting our vote.

1. Buhari killed Ben ogedengbe by a death penalty for a crime that didn't carry death penalty when he committed it.

2. Buhari doesn't attend the Federal Council meetings yet collects his allowances. Mr. Integrity indeed.

3. Buhari canceled former Governor Jakande's metroline and forfeited the $50 million paid for it by the then Lagos State Government

4 Buhari used Violence to stop the September 1985 National Conference of the National AssociatIon of Nigeria Students.

5. Buhari jailed Tai Solarin and denied him his asthma drugs simply because he campaigned against military rule and for democracy.

6. Buhari Jailed Nduka irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing a truthful report which embarrassed his Government

7. Buhari raided respected Papa Awolowo's house and seized his passport so he couldn't travel out of the country. Was he also corrupt?

8.Buhari threw Former vice President Alex Ekweme in jail even though it was proven that Ekweme never stole any money.

9. He jailed honest and respected pa Adekunle Ajasin.

10. He jailed Fela Kuti in I984 for singing against the dictatorial tendencies of his Military Government

11 Doctors, remember that Buhari banned the Nigeria medical Association (NMA)

12. Buhari stopped Ooni of Ife for traveling abroad simply because he visited the holy land of Israel in 1984

13. He broke up press conference of ASSU in 1984 and detained four of their executives

14 He jailed Beko Ransome Kuti who only demanded for the release of his brother.

15 He jailed Dr. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe.

16 He jailed Awwal Ibrahim now the Emir of Niger State before IBB pushed him aside.
Nigerians must be careful with what they wish for!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Have you ever seen anybody who got employed with mere statement of result?
Keep deceiving yourself.

Trying to convince a TANoid, whose stock-in-trade is to mortgage the truth, is essentially a pointless exercise.
My intervention here is not about what you are your co-travelling band of deluded souls care to believe, far from it.
Rather, it is more about setting out the stall for the more objective reader.

But why is it difficult for Buhari to produce the original copy of the certificate?

He did. As I speak to you, I don’t know where my original certificate is because we gave the original to the Military Board. They took it from us when we applied to join the Army. You give the original copy of credential to the board. They take it and keep it in your file, that’s what happened. How many years ago? 50 years. And Nigeria with our (poor) record-keeping and filing things into an archive -if we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult. I take it as a personal insult.

Source
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
customized13:
Anything different from this is a cock and bull story.

^^^Just as I thought, this subject is beyond your limited intellectual capabilities.
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
customized13:
oluwole statement of result, buhari joined the army with a piece of paper from his principal.

A1 in Igbo? What kind of reetaarded analysis is this?

In addition to your limited intellectual ability, are you also blind?

Not WAEC format in 1961?
(1) It is called a certifying statement of results
(2) Buhari's sat his exams under an examination board that was not WAEC

Katsina State was created in 1987
So frigging what?

You will be surprised that in that school, student records dating as far back as 1932 are still intact. Out of the whole lot, Muhammadu Buhari’s 1961 final examination records were fished out. They were then entered into the standard result format issued to all secondary school students who graduated from schools in Katsina state.

For each school, the Principal and the Examination Officer are the signatories to results issued from the master list sent to the school by the relevant examination bodies as you must have seen it on the copies of the statement of result circulating in public.
Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/politics/19624-why-i-fished-out-buhari-s-certificate-professor-kaita

Wrong Name
A slightly different spelling does not amount to fraud.
Ever heard of standardization? Adeshola == Adesola

Conflicting Date
The only conflict that exists here is the one you conjured up
1961 denotes the year the original exam was held.
2015 denotes the year a new statement of results was released

Failed maths, yet gained admission without incomplete result

NOTES:

Examination results were classed in grades by 1 to 9. 1,2,3,4,5 & 6 indicate a Pass with Credit; 7 & 8 indicate a Pass; 9 indicates a Failure.
To pass the School Certificate, candidates had to pass examinations in a variety of groups. It was compulsory to pass English Language, but not Maths, in order to gain the Certificate.
The number of candidates who sat for the WASC Hausa examination in 1961 was 152.
Our records show that Hausa was set in the Northern Region in 1961.
Source: http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/

What happened to the more cerebral TANoids on NL?
Why does one have to spend valuable time responding to pan-handlers, whose contribution to debates is mainly of nuisance value.

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
TheOtherview:

^^^Just as I thought, this subject is beyond your limited intellectual capabilities.
boss, you are the intellectually dead person here. Your supercilious habit aren't helping you either.

1 Like

Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by TheOtherview: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
customized13:
boss, you are the intellectually dead person here. You supercilious habit aren't helping you either.

grin grin grin
Re: Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
[s]
TheOtherview:

A1 in Igbo? What kind of reetaarded analysis is this?

In addition to your limited intellectual ability, are you also blind?

Not WAEC format in 1961?
(1) It is called a certifying statement of results
(2) Buhari's sat his exams under an examination board that was not WAEC

Katsina State was created in 1987
So frigging what?

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/politics/19624-why-i-fished-out-buhari-s-certificate-professor-kaita

Wrong Name
A slightly different spelling does not amount to fraud.
Ever heard of standardization? Adeshola == Adesola

Conflicting Date
The only conflict that exists here is the one you conjured up
1961 denotes the year the original exam was held.
2015 denotes the year a new statement of results was released

Failed maths, yet gained admission without incomplete result

Source: http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/

What happened to the more cerebral TANoids on NL?
Why does one have to spend valuable time responding to pan-handlers, whose contribution to debates is mainly of nuisance value.
[/s]Its worse when you know nothing and yet you don't seem to acknowledge that. You are so dull, anything other than this is simply unacceptable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

hh / Obama’s Grandma Arrives For Umrah .. Pics / Buhari, Tinubu And Fashola Clash Over Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.