Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria (16752 Views)

ICPC Recovers 103 Exotic Vehicles Looted By Government Officials / Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Why I Allowed Abacha To Arrest Me – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by ManTiger(m): 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Why returning it at this time that Alison Madueke and Madam Gele still dey Oga Jonah Administraton
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
please dont return it at this time, GEJ and his team will just blow it in one week
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by ozoigbondu: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
Skoopy:
"Stealing is NOT corruption", so therefore abaca is not corrupt.-GEJ

Abacha is a big theif.......Abacha ole theif barawo onyeoshi

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
Question for Buhari!

Since Abacha never stole, Pa Buhari who stole the money for him?

Na you?

Honestly, I don dey suspect you oo.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
Cheiii this explains why GEJ wants to stay in power.

Keep that money until May 30th.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by KingTom(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
priscaoge:
[size=14pt] Good news kiss kiss kiss

And someone who ruled my forefathers, and still want to rule me(God Forbid) actually said that Abacha didn't steal cry cry cry

Pa Buhari, God is watching u angry angry

[/size]
Do you have a PVC? undecided
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Suljosh: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
They should return it when GMB is sworn in. We don't want the clueless one to waste it.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by openmine(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
brownlord:

My friend stfu, all of these was pointed to you when you were typing for APC and you defended him, how come you are having a different opinion now?
bro u sud know dat he has now been TRANSFORMED...no more lies or propaganda....liberation has taken place..Abi Na lie!!
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by richidinho(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
And a certain PTF chairman under Abacha did not resign because of corruption

He said Abacha did not steal

Buhari the APC messiah I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by hazyfm: 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
Vicotex:
mumu

**ignored**
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by pekeyim: 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
But Pa Buhari worked under Abacha and said Abacha wasn't corrupt, so what are they talking about?

I don't believe this News it must be another propaganda from the APC against the "All Progressive Confidence, consolidated party" to attack our character.

Kai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by openmine(m): 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
Suljosh:
They should return it when GMB is sworn in. We don't want the clueless one to waste it.
so dat wen his aides start stealing,he will turn a blind eye....no wonder he said abacha did not steal any money...smh

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by olatade(m): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
Please don't return it to GEJ's government,it will be re-looted

It should be returned after may 29 so that it will be put to good use by the new government

Sai buhari

cool
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by centmichael101(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
This unfinish abacha loot!! Na only GOD know how much he looted from naija

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by mustymatic(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mogidi:
Yet Buhari said Abacha didn't steal any money, so much for an anti corruption crusader.
In Buhari's warped mind, only southerner's steal, the money belongs to the north isn't it?
You need to take proper lessons on Photoshopping...just saying
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Eluwilussit(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mogidi:
Yet Buhari said Abacha didn't steal any money, so much for an anti corruption crusader.
In Buhari's warped mind, only southerner's steal, the money belongs to the north isn't it?

U dey mind the vagabond. Useless old man wey dey deceive him grandchildren. Anti-corruption my foot. Na only people wey den born in the last 25 years wey no sabi who be who for naija. Na northerners wey thief pass. No be who see money dey thief am? No be northerners occupy almost all the lucrative positions even in GEJ govt.? shame on Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
kardinalzz:
See why we are still where u are? If him dey alive how we fit recover all this money?? McGee black man mentality na to gather for limitless numbers of generations
black man na eeediot. and he was busy jailing bank executives. Set failed bank tribunal..smh. hypo ..
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Emmahunk(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
Sirniyeh:

Switzerland will return to Nigeria some $380 million
(360 million euros) linked to ex-dictator Sani Abacha,
Geneva’s public prosecutor said Tuesday, adding that it was closing a 16-year case on the funds.

Abacha ruled oil-rich Nigeria with an iron fist from 1993 until he died in 1998. The economy grew under his rule, though he was seen as extremely corrupt and faced criticism over his human rights abuses in the oil-rich nation.

The decision to return the funds follows a July 2014 deal between Nigeria and the Abacha family. Under the agreement, the funds would be confiscated and returned to Nigeria, while Abuja would drop its case
against the deceased dictator’s son Abba Abacha.

The $380 million had been placed in several accounts
abroad that were controlled by the Abacha family,
which is considered a criminal organisation, the Geneva prosecutors’ office said in a statement.

The money was seized in 2006 in Luxembourg, under
orders from the Swiss authorities. The Abacha family had also placed some $500 million (530 million euros) in Swiss banks, though those funds have already been returned to Nigeria.

The $380 million will be returned under the World
Bank’s supervision, said the prosecutor’s office.
The authorities have also decided to drop their case
against Abba Abacha, which began in 1999.

In 2012, the dictator’s son was handed a one-year
suspended prison sentence for participating in a
criminal organisation.

Switzerland’s top court cancelled the sentence in May
2014, citing procedural reasons. The Geneva prosecutor’s office on Tuesday said Abba Abacha has already been detained for 561 days from 2004 to 2006, without receiving compensation.

The Abacha affair began in 1999, when Nigeria asked the Swiss judicial authorities to help it recover $2.2 billion ($2 billion euros) embezzled and siphoned off by Sani Abacha while he was in power.

www.today.ng/news/switzerland-to-return-380m-looted-by-abacha-to-nigeria/

So f..... ng what? What happened to the ones already returned? What impact did it have in the lives of the poor masses or in salvaging our collapsing foreign reserve?
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by eagleeye2: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Abacha did not steal
Pa buhari
Stealing is not Corruption.
President Jonathan
Yet some idiats are ready to kill themselves for these two. Nigeria deserve their leaders.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by eagleeye2: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

.....but I thought Buhari said Abacha's Government was not corrupt?

Hmmm.......maybe somebody needs to send Buhari to school so he can learn the meaning of the word "corruption"
Oh he already learnt it, from DR. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

.....but I thought Buhari said Abacha's Government was not corrupt?

Hmmm.......maybe somebody needs to send Buhari to school so he can learn the meaning of the word "corruption"

What about Jonathan, abi did he not day 'ordinary stealing is not corruption' grin grin grin grin

Hypocrite.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by anonimi: 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
Abacha did not steal
- Buhari, 2008

Buhari is the Baba Isale of CORRUPTION!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by eagleeye2: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Sincerely, I miss Baba 70, Fela Anikulakpo Kuti.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by eagleeye2: 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
anonimi:
Abacha did not steal
- Buhari, 2008

Buhari is the Baba Isale of CORRUPTION!!!
- Jonathan 2014
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by SHAAWA: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
I BEG DIS ABACHA LOOT DON TIRE ME SEF. HW MUCH HIM STEAL DAT IT'S TAKING MORE THAN 16YRS TO RETURN? NA ONLY FROM DEAD MAN NIGERIA DEY RECOVER MONEY?. I WONDER HW LONG WE GO IT WILL TAKE US TO RECOVER GEJ'S LOOT.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by anonimi: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2015
eagleeye2:

- Jonathan 2014

That is a statement of judicial FACT!

Can you say that for Buhari's Abacha nor be thief statement

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Mistermamus(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mehn dat bastard stole alot money no dey finish. dem don return tire
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
switzerland abeeeeeeeeg Never return this money ooooo abegg na the same thing wey Abacha do to the fund that time them go do to the funds again abet hold on to it till further notice lmaoooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Ikegift4real(m): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
no wonder Uche ogbuagu said when d devil saw abacha he screened chai chai Nna mehn I will get u anoda hello because dia can't be two devils in one hello.
Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by nagoma(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
When will Jonathan's mega loot be returned?

1 Like

Re: Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria by Ujupsy: 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari pls say something

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reps Blame NIN Demand For SIM Registration On #endsars / Rivers Govt: Amaechi’s Refusal To Appear Before Panel Is Admission Of Guilt. / FG To Stop Importation Of Petrol By 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.