Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38814 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

oh, sorry, silly me. can you please tell me how long it took for australopecine (the correct term by the way is Australopithecus) to give rise to adipethecus?( correct spelling ardipithecus), humble me with an answer pls.

or lemme wait so you can ask google, you who know so much about science sir.

and now i just turned to a science teacher... lol.. now hit google and read it up...smiley
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:

That does not concern me, face your business and leave my mentions alone. How hard can that be?
its as hard as you still replying my mention.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
dalaman:

God is a man made idea and creation that is why there are many different Gods, Goddesses and religions.

Ok. Sure. that's why all of Jesus disciples preferred to die horrible deaths than deny Christ. because they wanted to propagate their man made idea. Gotcha.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
LucemFerre:

How was it debunked?

Debunked may not be the right word but this pic is more than enough to ponder about

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

Ok. Sure. that's why all of Jesus disciples preferred to die horrible deaths than deny Christ. because they wanted to propagate their man made idea. Gotcha.
exactly the same way muslims prefers blowing themselves up for allah.. ironically u must see them as gullible and delusional beings ..smiley

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Weah96: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
jes7:

I have not referred to any book here so don't jump to another argument. All I have said is that it is more plausible to infer an intelligence behind something as complex as the human mind than to say nothing did it or that it is a product of chance. If you disagree with what I have said can you give a more plausible explanation for the origin of life and the wonder of the coded information in the DNA?

I agree with you. And now what? How does that realization affect my position as an atheist?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Humblebloke(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
aaronson:
Right,Theist are accurate thinkers but you couldn't accurately think the fact that science deals with hypothesis to deduct fact and religion is the belief system based on blind faith with no single proof or relevance to why you been giving religion.... I feel I just grew an inch in knowledge to have written to you what you never knew...so who thinks more accurately now?

Ok..... Ever heard of the word 'prediction' in science

Most people don't rili know what faith means....Faith is what bridges the gap between what we know and where we hope to be going. Faith helps us connect cause and effect, bad decisions with good intentions, and everything we think and hope to be true.

Most of our decisions in life have some degree of faith
hovering in the background, and science is no exception.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Lolzzz please which one is God almighty? zeus answers that too and so does osiris? so?
which of them are you referring to please?

When i tell people you guys are simply copy-pasting your ideas, they dont believe me.
zeus is not referred as god almighty anywhere dude. He was known as the father of the gods.
osiris was never hailed as god almighty but as god of the underworld he was hailed as "king of the living". you should do some reading up yourself bro. wink

but your cronies wont see this. thats the problem with atheism(almost same as blind christianity). you refuse to learn new things grin
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Yes

So it's possible for someone to be evil in heaven?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Humblebloke(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
aaronson:
Right,Theist are accurate thinkers but you couldn't accurately think the fact that science deals with hypothesis to deduct fact and religion is the belief system based on blind faith with no single proof or relevance to why you been giving religion.... I feel I just grew an inch in knowledge to have written to you what you never knew...so who thinks more accurately now?

Most people don't rili know what faith means....Faith is what bridges the gap between what we know and where we hope to be going. Faith helps us connect cause and effect, bad decisions with good intentions, and everything we think and hope to be true.

The OP is right!!!
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

When i tell people you guys are simply copy-pasting your ideas, they dont believe me.
zeus is not referred as god almighty anywhere dude. He was known as the father of the gods.
osiris was never hailed as god almighty but as god of the underworld he was hailed as "king of the living". you should do some reading up yourself bro. wink

but your cronies wont see this. thats the problem with atheism(almost same as blind christianity). you refuse to learn new things grin

and so he drops it... I think you should have a conversation with worshippers of zeus and ask them who god almighty is..

evidently you think ur god is the almighty just like them. grin

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Humblebloke:

Prediction -
a prediction is a rigorous, often quantitative, statement, forecasting what will happen under specific conditions; for example, if an apple falls from a tree it will be attracted towards the center of the earth by gravity with a specified and constant acceleration.

Faith -
Strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

How do you equate the two?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

but that's not what this thread is about, is it? This thread is about atheists having blind faith in non-godism and science, even when science is wrong.
What is 'godism'?

oh, but according to science, humanity has been around for a few million years already. We should have evolved into something else by now as a means of sheer necessity shouldn't we?
We are still evolving...

of course you'd have reservations about evolution. Too many holes to be punched into. BUT it is a main scientific milestone. so if scientists can be wrong about evolution and even carbon dating, is it possible they can be wrong about the existence of GOD as well?
What holes? Wrong how? Carbon dating is wrong too?

NB science has no stance on God. Personal beliefs of individual scientists have nothing to do with science.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
babyshaQ1:
Atheist do not believe in any god and it is not a belief system..How is that so difficult to understand? Ok..I'll make it clear for you..Is a child born with a belief system inherent or is it taught?? Hope you get it now..You were taught to believe whatever myth you consider sacred. Atheism is NOT a belief system! Has evolution stopped? the simple answer is NO! Evolution is a very very slow process that occurs way beyond the time span of your imagination (say 100 years) Do you think a million years from now the world as you know it would be the same as it is now? and if the question was an attempt to fault evolution, read your bible again about your jewish god creating the world in 7 days (oops 6 days)...Let there be light in the first day, then created the sun in the third lol...destroyed the earth, killed his creations except some that he asked his servant Noah to fit in an ark...let's pretend the ark had coolers for penguins and polar bears...Oh and after the great flood what did Noah do? He made sacrifices unto god lol with endangered animals left in the ark...Common!! Read your book from beginning to end and come back to speak.. Even the pope has admitted that god doesn't have a magic wand...I won't respond if you do not have meaningful things to say...I don't have answers for your earlier questions but don't act like the bible explains anything. If it does, provide them...Just because life and nature is complex does not mean bible stories explain anything...NB: If by now you still think man is made from dust and woman from a man's rib PLEASE don't bother responding

grin grin grin at 100 years for evolution.
You see jonnydon? I know a little more than some of your folks here obviously wink

Of course GOD can create the world in 6days. He is GOD unlimited, HIs powers are waaaay beyond your comprehension! it even marvels me how people belittle him by thinking he only created life on this planet.

i think your problem is you were limited to believing the bible when you were a christian(i could be wrong). the bible doesn't explain everything. in fact it is a very brief summary on what GOD can really do but today Christians take it as all in all which is their main mistake. but just because the bible isn't complete doesn't mean GOD doesn't exist.

question for you, have you ever had anything supernatural, non-scientifically explainable happen to you? if you havent then i understand why you wont believe in the supernatural.

another question. has it ever bothered you that the ancient creation story seems to follow the process of evolution? How did those illiterate ignorant desert authors like johnydon22 likes to call them know the exact sequence of how things were created?

any answers?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jokesmaster: 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
Atheists Are Simply Brainwashed Fools And Idiots SMH!
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Humblebloke:

The OP is right!!!
lemme school you a bit......these are the steps involved in science.... Observation>hypotheses&predictions>practicals or experiment> finally law/facts/theory. Now the miseducation of people on religion is the reason primitive minds believe in faith,like you said,faiths are things unseen but hoped for which is synonymous with this....faith is blind like justice when you face a time!!! I feel like I'm schooling somebody already,you gotta pay me bro,lol don't worry I'm kidding you but you gotta go study and think for yourself,the revolution won't be televised,the revolution is personal.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

and now i just turned to a science teacher... lol.. now hit google and read it up...smiley

[size=14pt]hahahahahahahahahaha!!![/size]
you don't know the answer do you? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

[size=14pt]hahahahahahahahahaha!!![/size]
you don't know the answer do you? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Apparently am now a scientist not just an atheist grin
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

No, the correct thing is "-If there was no GOd there wouldnt be atheists. we have had this argument before. show me a single quote in your atheism library against Zeus and I will show you a thousand against God almighty. you know within yourself that this fight is against the almighty, despite the fact you keep trying to show that -atheism is anti-all-gods.

-So you're saying that, the fact that not everybody believes in God, is proof of his/her/its existence? Ok...

-Atheism isn't 'anti-all-gods'(that would be Kratos). It's simply disbelieve which I'm sure you know already. Perhaps if you guys were quoting scriptures of Zeus, erecting monuments and insisting we trade science for Greek mythology, we'll talk more about him.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
jokesmaster:
lol really? brainwashed by who?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Weah96: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
jokesmaster:

The real idiots are the ones who capitalise every word in a sentence like the title of an APA paper. Your own God must have denied you wisdom.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
jokesmaster:

There, I fixed it smiley
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin grin grin at 100 years for evolution.
You see jonnydon? I know a little more than some of your folks here obviously wink
atheism doesnt mean scientism..smiley
5minsmadness:

Of course GOD can create the world in 6days. He is GOD unlimited, HIs powers are waaaay beyond your comprehension! it even marvels me how people belittle him by thinking he only created life on this planet.

i think your problem is you were limited to believing the bible when you were a christian(i could be wrong). the bible doesn't explain everything. in fact it is a very brief summary on what GOD can really do but today Christians take it as all in all which is their main mistake. but just because the bible isn't complete doesn't mean GOD doesn't exist.

5minsmadness:

question for you, have you ever had anything supernatural, non-scientifically explainable happen to you? if you havent then i understand why you wont believe in the supernatural.
None smiley
5minsmadness:

another question. has it ever bothered you that the ancient creation story seems to follow the process of evolution? How did those illiterate ignorant desert authors like johnydon22 likes to call them know the exact sequence of how things were created?
You do know the creation story in your bible copied from the mesopotamian creation story..
Now read the creation story in genesis chapter one (mesopotamian creation myth tho) and read the creation story in genesis chapter 2 and tell me how they follow evolutionary process..cheesy
5minsmadness:

any answers?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Bifwoli: 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
ooman:

We do have holidays. New year is purely secular.

But its just New Year with no religious attachment (just like independence day) so your point is moot.

Not here to judge you ,but I find it hard to fathom how folks conclude there's no God.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

exactly the same way muslims prefers blowing themselves up for allah.. ironically u must see them as gullible and delusional beings ..smiley

Yes I do.
i believe religion is a powerful force, enough to brainwash a person into doing extremely foolish things. BUt the jihadist blowing himself up happens in moments. usually he has undergone series of extreme brain-washing and sometimes i hear they are even threatened with the death of their families if they don't go ahead with it. Also it takes just a moment to press the trigger button and they see themselves in 'heaven' with their 72 virgins.

Christ's apostles and disciples enjoyed no such luxury as an instantaneous death. they were crucified upside down, ensuring blood rushed to their brains to keep them alive for as long as possible to endure the pain. some were skewered, some were boiled alive, others were thrown to lions and allowed to run around as they anticipated being torn to shreds. the distinct difference between jihadists and the early Christians is that they were not sacrificing themselves to kill others. there was no revenge factor involved, these men were being motivated by pure love and what they hoped to prove to people by their exemplary deaths. These men simply refused to deny their faith. what did they see that made them so sure of themselves?

in other news, I heard you just turned atheist/humanist not up to a year or so ago grin
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

[s]and so he drops it... I think you should have a conversation with worshippers of zeus and ask them who god almighty is..

evidently you think ur god is the almighty just like them[/s]. grin

This made no sense whatsoever.
worshipers of zeus dont call him "god almighty".
Admit you just learned something new smiley
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by LucemFerre: 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
DProDG:

Debunked may not be the right word but this pic is more than enough to ponder about

Beautiful quote by Marcus Aurelius... Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
DProDG:

What is 'godism'?
It means when one is god. i hope i am correct?

We are still evolving...
kindly prove it.

What holes? Wrong how? Carbon dating is wrong too?

yes it is, but they have worked on it. the carbon-dating clock was recently reset. read it up.

NB science has no stance on God. Personal beliefs of individual scientists have nothing to do with science.

I agree. However atheism has a stance on god. it fervently and almost violently believes that god does not exist. I know scientists who despite their high advancement in the field still believe in a god that created everything so i get where you are coming from. but this thread is about atheists.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Apparently am now a scientist not just an atheist grin

ah, but you were the one thinking you could use your 'advanced scientific knowledge' to bamboozle me about the evolution of the naked ape cheesy

guy why did you leave the catholic church jo?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
DProDG:

-So you're saying that, the fact that not everybody believes in God, is proof of his/her/its existence? Ok...

-Atheism isn't 'anti-all-gods'(that would be Kratos). It's simply disbelieve which I'm sure you know already. Perhaps if you guys were quoting scriptures of Zeus, erecting monuments and insisting we trade science for Greek mythology, we'll talk more about him.

atheism is the lack of belief in gods, as far as i know kratos is the god of strength, unless you are referring to that guy in god-of-war.

but i'm not quoting scriptures of zeus because GOD almighty is mightier than him. simples.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
Damn ... I missed this hot argument ?

First .. hell is not in existence now

Second.. God is not a sky being . He didnt come from nothing like the Big Bang , God has no validity . He has no beginning , no end . So mighty your brains which came about by mistake can comprehend
Thirdly ... Jesus Christ is the way you can escape God's punishment

Four .. Big Bang has no explaination for its initial conditions , so its a baseless theory. Fossils are no evidence of evolution but of pre-adamic creations

Five ... How is christianity a scam , when there are people defying comfort ,preaching the gospel in villages and war-torn regions. My church also takes care of poor widows , orphans and less-privileged from the proceeds of welfare offerings.

Six... God made the laws for the good of man and not for Himself. Do not fornicate , u go do am get belle , STDs, na Him get am?

Seven... Please , If you dont understand or comprehend His existence , I strongly advise you stay away for your own good

Eight... I despise people who talk foolishness in the name of science

Nine ... Atheists are attention- obsessed individuals , ignore them .

Ten ... Am a miracle baby smiley ... After eight years ... Thank You God for bringing happiness to the hopeless and barren. For I know pain , sorrow will be taken away in Your new Earth

Eleven ... Yimu to people who think their ability to see , hear , talk , love , hate , reason , reproduce , walk , eat , possess consciousness and conscience , fingers to type trash on Nairaland was some mistake that just happened

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yes I do.
i believe religion is a powerful force, enough to brainwash a person into doing extremely foolish things. BUt the jihadist blowing himself up happens in moments. usually he has undergone series of extreme brain-washing and sometimes i hear they are even threatened with the death of their families if they don't go ahead with it. Also it takes just a moment to press the trigger button and they see themselves in 'heaven' with their 72 virgins.

Christ's apostles and disciples enjoyed no such luxury as an instantaneous death. they were crucified upside down, ensuring blood rushed to their brains to keep them alive for as long as possible to endure the pain. some were skewered, some were boiled alive, others were thrown to lions and allowed to run around as they anticipated being torn to shreds. the distinct difference between jihadists and the early Christians is that they were not sacrificing themselves to kill others. there was no revenge factor involved, these men were being motivated by pure love and what they hoped to prove to people by their exemplary deaths. These men simply refused to deny their faith. what did they see that made them so sure of themselves?

Ever heard of the Cathars? They were tortured my catholics for the same reason, 1500yrs later.

Jonestown? Heaven's gate? Both groups amounting to almost 1000 members committed suicide because well...God

I'm unaware of historical documents or even bible verses accounting the torture of all the disciples.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Builds Home For The Elderly, Gives It To Catholic Church / 25 Born-Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / TB Joshua: 'I Don’t Have Any Bank Account, I Don’t Keep Money'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.