Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38918 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
jes7:

You sound funny and illogical. Are you saying anything you can't see does not exist?
If God truly exist, does the fact that you can't see him make him non existent?
I'm following your logic here.....you implied that if we can't see who gave birth to Bill gates "does that mean he doesn't exist"...

ofwhich I replied, we can see Bill gates, can we see "god"?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nicklaus:
haha ! Talk is cheap on NL. I can as well say I m the 15th generation of king solomon if you could be doing charity works, afterall we owe each other no explanation wink and since an act of charity is now simplicity perhaps you can as well term atheism to be a type religion grin. And I see you are the cause of your misguided life. Reading from your fellow grand atheist and you want me to succumb to that Sorry to disappoint you buddy. The bible apart it's common sense to believe in a supernatural force behind the existence of all things. And if I m to delude myself into believing in God, that's exactly what I ll do. I would rather be a jew.
Explain to me the bolded and where I ever implied such...
And you've established that you're ready to resort to insults to deviate scrutiny of your mythology..

Can everyone here see a perfect example of a theist willing to do just about anything(including lying) just to spread the belief?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
I think everyone have seen that christians(atleast the gnostic ones) are willing to lie to defend their faith...

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
freecocoa:
How people can take their hard earned money to go and give someone to pray for them to earn more money, beats me.

How can "God" who has all the money in the world, need money from me, before he can give me more money? What does he need my money for biko?
The church pays workers, they do charitable works, go for seminars, they pay the church bills and get security and generator when there is no electricity.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
Explain to me the bolded and where I ever implied such...
And you've established that you're ready to resort to insults to deviate scrutiny of your mythology..

Can everyone here see a perfect example of a theist willing to do just about anything(including lying) just to spread the belief?
Direct your POWERFUL questions at me.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The church pays workers, they do charitable works, go for seminars, they pay the church bills and get security and generator when there is no electricity.
Did the doctrine ever permit paying workers?...Did "jesus" tell his alleged disciples to "follow me and I'll pay you"? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Direct your POWERFUL questions at me.
Powerful? No,just basic questions....but since you think you're up to the task...I'll ask one.

How do you know "god" is good and "satan" is bad?(note that "know" is bolded, meaning tell us how such knowledge was derived and is it demonstrable?)

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by AdamuUcheOla: 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
funmo:
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS

but it is rather wise if one agrees there is a God, and makes heaven, and afterwards discover there isn't God after all... nothing to lose

THAN

to argue till death that God doesn't exist, and afterwards discover he does, and end up in fire

BUT THE FIRST LADY SUMS IT ALL UP ATHEISTS

"chai... there is Godu o o o..."

Read up on the criticism of Pascal's wager :http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_wager#Criticism

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
Did the doctrine ever permit paying workers?...Did "jesus" tell his alleged disciples to "follow me and I'll pay you"? undecided
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the
labourer is worthy of his hire. Luke 10:7
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
AdamuUcheOla:

Read up on the criticism of Pascal's wager :http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_wager#Criticism

You are right, but that doesn't remove the fact he's got good points.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the
labourer is worthy of his hire. Luke 10:7
A labourer is basically a wage paid individual.....tell me where church workers are required to be paid.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
Powerful? No,just basic questions....but since you think you're up to the task...I'll ask one.

How do you know "god" is good and "satan" is bad?(note that "know" is bolded, meaning tell us how such knowledge was derived and is it demonstrable?)
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the
law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: The knowledge of Good and evil is in us.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You are right, but that doesn't remove the fact he's got good points.
Those aren't good points....I'll bring up my past rebuttals(links) to the wager soon...

davien:
What i lose by believing "god?"
IF YOU REFER TO YOUR "god" THEN;

1.Give 10% my income

2.Give in to authority...through "faith men" and be easily conned...

3.Demote women...as "inferior beings"

4.When you base reality on the imaginary....you become more manipulative and have to believe anything absurd to back up the belief i.e Creationism...

5.Live by racist standards i.e Demoting people on sexual preference,ethnicity etc...

6.Have to teach children to not be inquisitive and lie to them...

7.Have to force a view against abortion rights and gay rights based on baseless toilet paper...

8.Have to threaten people with "hell" and "faith" because the myth does not go by its own merits and have to be believed by "faith" ....

9.Have to teach children imaginary do's and don'ts about masturbati0n....and other subjects best left to personal wishes...

10.Stand to lose sanity by believing two members of a species can re-populate that species without losing vigour and without genetic defects and believe in a world wide flood...

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF REASONS...

https://www.nairaland.com/1930863/letter-atheists-pics#26819243

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the
law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: The knowledge of Good and evil is in us.
Are you sure this is your answer?...because you've just defeated a core principle in your faith...
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
A labourer is basically a wage paid individual.....tell me where church workers are required to be paid.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy It seems you've never opened up a Bible.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy It seems you've never opened up a Bible.
Skip the ad hominem...since you've said people have the knowledge of good and evil....then aren't you implying morality is subjective? shocked

Plus that verse expressed food(i.e eating and drinking)as to accept the food you're given as wage for your hire....I guess food is equal to real money to you....can you see that you've just had to clip that part out to make it fit with the discussion? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
Are you sure this is your answer?...because you've just defeated a core principle in your faith...
You asked me if there is difference between Good and Bad, i.e how we know God is good and Satan is evil, then I said its made known by our conscience, even the effects of such actions on us whether it inflicts pain or happiness.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Why should I be the one paying for it? Can't they just get the money directly from God since they are using it for his work?

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:

How does this answer the question

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Why should I be the one paying for it? Can't they just get the money directly from God since they are using it for his work?
You must be a very intelligent lady, where have women like you been hiding all this while?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

How does this answer the question
continue reading the argument, you'll get to understand.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You must be a very intelligent lady, where have women like you been hiding all this while?
Very poor attempt at sarcasm.

Just answer the damned question.

5 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Belittling a woman is a low blow...And really pathetic undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You asked me if there is difference between Good and Bad, i.e how we know God is good and Satan is evil, then I said its made known by our conscience, even the effects of such actions on us whether it inflicts pain or happiness.

here is his question
davien:

He asked how you know "god" is good and "satan" is bad and how you derived it and how demonstrable it is, not the difference between good and bad...

I think you need to try answering that question again..
e.g ask me how do i know osama is bad and bill gates is good ; i will simple say cus osama hurts people and kill them while bill gates is active in charitable works... their deeds.. dont know where you got this idea of conscience to know god and satan which is good or bad..

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
Belittling a woman is a low blow...And really pathetic undecided

Thats one of the religious ideologies that are ridiculous in this century that man is superior to woman... but we know both are equal..

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Tallesty1:
Nairaland Atheists Be Like.

Thank God I am an Atheistgrin

Atheists do have faith really but it’s obvious that they do not have Christian faith. If they did, they’d be Christians.

Atheists Belief Without Certain Proof and that is a form of faith. They can't prove to me that God doesn't exist same way I cannot do that to them yet we belief in our opinions, that is faith.

An atheist in a bus has no proof that he will reach his destination safely yet he beliefs he will, that is faith.

Yes everybody has faith in one thing or the other , what makes atheist different is lack of religious faith that you folks have.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by aadoiza: 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Except it's oxymoron, your word usage is questionable.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
GodMode:

Atheists believe in themselves...

If you're finding it difficult to believe in yourself then you have problem.

Atheism and science are not related..

So is religion and science related ?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
chinnyonwu:

atheists dont believe in the devil either mate

They need not believe in him bro, whether they do or not is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
If you read the origin of species....you'd realise that he made a lot of predictions(testable hypothesis) that could be used to prove his theory....he also explained how the eye could have arisen by small incremental steps of changes..

From photo-sensitive cells to eyes....and that's just the trend we see in micro-fossils...
If you really want to understand evolution...I could direct you to some videos.

Thanks but i dont want to understand evolution
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
So what's the general consensus?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Can you kindly tell your own version why you were cast into hell? All we've been hearing is just one version. As the saying goes "there's always two side of a story".

Lucifer and his son ( lucifuge rofocale ) aren't in hell yet , it is a future occurrence as told by the bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos) / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.