Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38825 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jes7: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Their are no proofs for the existence of this your sky daddy..

Listening to all your argument here you just think a creator must exist because you think the universe was designed.

I can as well tell you it is a pink unicorn that is the creator.

And the case of proving god does not exist, can you prove a pink flying unicorn dont exist?

it is left for you as the claimer to prove this your sky daddy exist then i as the unbeliever will know but it is impossible cus its all about FAITH.

Your lack of proof of this sky daddy is proof enough its only in your head.
No sir! The burden of proof lies on you. The belief in God had always been. Now you come to tell us God does not exist and you just wants us to believe you just like that? Prove it logically and persuasively if you want us to believe you.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

here is his question

He asked how you know "god" is good and "satan" is bad and how you derived it and how demonstrable it is, not the difference between good and bad...

I think you need to try answering that question again..
e.g ask me how do i know osama is bad and bill gates is good ; i will simple say cus osama hurts people and kill them while bill gates is active in charitable works... their deeds.. dont know where you got this idea of conscience to know god and satan which is good or bad..
Okay! grin I get your question @davien , I know satan is evil because he condones evil and rebellion, while God hates and detests evil and doesn't deal with it lightly. smiley
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
jes7:

No sir! The burden of proof lies on you. The belief in God had always been. Now you come to tell us God does not exist and you just wants us to believe you just like that? Prove it logically and persuasively if you want us to believe you.

lol i am the unbeliever here.

You said you have a baseball and i say prove it ; all you need do is provide the baseball and i will know you truly have a base ball.

You say their is a god, i say prove it.. You see? smiley

Now dont turn the side of the coin here, be a good person and prove to me their is a god.

Btw i have a pink blue diamond side unicorn in my house,.. prove that i dont..smiley
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Okay! grin I get your question @davien , I know satan is evil because he condones evil and rebellion, while God hates and detests evil and doesn't deal with it lightly. smiley

And how did you know this?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by MightyMuna(m): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:
See it this way.
Theist : Their is a sky man, that created the universe and has a son without a wife and is not concerned with all the natural disasters (evidently) but is concerned if i bang my girl friend or not.

Atheist: I don't believe you... prove it to me..

grin
I love you. Lol.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
So why does someone(specifically an omnipotent "god" ) who hates evil permit the occurence of evil?(under the notion of its alleged omnipotence)
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

And how did you know this?
The Holy Bible of course or you're talking of another book? Cos I think this argument should be limited to Bible.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by MightyMuna(m): 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

lol i am the unbeliever here.

You said you have a baseball and i say prove it ; all you need do is provide the baseball and i will know you truly have a base ball.

You say their is a god, i say prove it.. You see? smiley

Now dont turn the side of the coin here, be a good person and prove to me their is a god.

Btw i have a pink blue diamond side unicorn in my house,.. prove that i dont..smiley

Dude, you're on fire.

Also, it's always baffling how religious people are unreasonable and are not receptive to logic
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The Holy Bible of course or you're talking of another book? Cos I think this argument should be limited to Bible.

why should it be limited to the bible.. their are thousands of other God concepts and other religious books...

Ok so your strong convictions is from the bible... wooooow makes perfect sense...

Now why do you believe the bible god and not other god like the muslim allah, hindhu krishna and many more...?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
So why does someone(specifically an omnipotent "god" ) who hates evil permit the occurence of evil?(under the notion of its alleged omnipotence)
OH, I get your point, yes God is all powerful, but like you said, He 'permits' evil because He has given to all freewill. Those that pass His test would be called Sons of God. Also, God created evil, yes He did! For if a man creates light, he has automaticaly created darkness (light in its zero state) If you create joy, you automatically produce sadness. So did the LORD God create evil because He made good.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

why should it be limited to the bible.. their are thousands of other God concepts and other religious books...

Ok so your strong convictions is from the bible... wooooow makes perfect sense...

Now why do you believe the bible god and not other god like the muslim allah, hindhu krishna and many more...?
Maybe you can ask justfollowit as regard to allah, but our discussion is based on lucifer and YHWH or there is nothing worth discussing.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
OH, I get your point, yes God is all powerful, but like you said, He 'permits' evil because He has given to all freewill. Those that pass His test would be called Sons of God. Also, God created evil, yes He did! For if a man creates light, he has automaticaly created darkness (light in its zero state) If you create joy, you automatically produce sadness. So did the LORD God create evil because He made good.

He created evil then hates evil.
how could he hate what he created i thought he was a perfect being?

He created the devil the master of evil, instead of just destroying the devil and be done away with.. but wait he is omniscient which means he already knew the devil will turn evil yet he created it..lmao talk about free will.

Woooooow this your god makes perfect sense smiley And adults even believe this fairy tale?

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
OH, I get your point, yes God is all powerful, but like you said, [b] He 'permits' evil because He has given to all freewill. [/b]Those that pass His test would be called Sons of God. Also, God created evil, yes He did! For if a man creates light, he has automaticaly created darkness (light in its zero state) If you create joy, you automatically produce sadness. So did the LORD God create evil because He made good.
So since "god" abides to maintain man's freewill(which includes evil), then why is man punished for carrying out the designed purpose?

And since you've already established that "evil" is a byproduct of good by your analohy of light and darkness.....then is "god" good?...shouldn't the byproduct of omnibenevolence be omni-malevolence?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Maybe you can ask justfollowit as regard to allah, but our discussion is based on lucifer and YHWH or there is nothing worth discussing.

the question was "god" and devil when did the word god become exclusive to yhwh.. as far as we know that word god is a distinction they all share. be it krishna, horus, yhwh, mithras, zeus
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
Humblebloke:

Atheism is self defeating..... Let's just say theists are accurate thinkers!

Science is just a belief system which aims to minimize faith but still......

I'm not gonna convince about the supreme being s existence...... The more you grow in knowledge, you will know better
Right,Theist are accurate thinkers but you couldn't accurately think the fact that science deals with hypothesis to deduct fact and religion is the belief system based on blind faith with no single proof or relevance to why you been giving religion.... I feel I just grew an inch in knowledge to have written to you what you never knew...so who thinks more accurately now?

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Quick question... Is there free will in heaven?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:

Life must be damn so hard for you! Please mind your business and quote me no more.
why you sounding so pained,just for the record,as an atheist I pay Christians like you monthly and more hopless christians like you show up at my office to beg for jobs on daily basis so life isn't what you think of me,Atheist are known to use their head while___________uses the tail,using the coin analogy. Do me a favour by filling th gap in your mind.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
aaronson:
why you sounding so pained,just for the record,as an atheist I pay Christians like you monthly and more hopless christians like you show up at my office to beg for jobs on daily basis so life isn't what you think of me,Atheist are known to use their head while uses the tail,using the coin analogy.

Thank you. Can you now face your business please...

No meaningful human is known to brag abt what he has, unfortunately you've used up ur head as you stated in your comment, it's now empty. Good luck but face your business
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by LucemFerre: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Paschals wager has been debunked , albeit funnily

How was it debunked?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:
See it this way.
Theist : Their is a sky man, that created the universe and has a son without a wife and is not concerned with all the natural disasters (evidently) but is concerned if i bang my girl friend or not.

Atheist: I don't believe you... prove it to me..
but that's not what this thread is about, is it? This thread is about atheists having blind faith in non-godism and science, even when science is wrong.

N.B . . i'm not a fan of evolution, more studies are being carried out on it and it still requires a lot of work and experiment but at least read something before asking questions..

Evolution takes millions of years, you probably need to stick around for that long to witness it.

oh, but according to science, humanity has been around for a few million years already. We should have evolved into something else by now as a means of sheer necessity shouldn't we?

of course you'd have reservations about evolution. Too many holes to be punched into. BUT it is a main scientific milestone. so if scientists can be wrong about evolution and even carbon dating, is it possible they can be wrong about the existence of GOD as well?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
jes7:

Why is it so hard for you to understand?

Yea, the belief in God has always been, and now we are saying we don't believe that because there is no proof, you who believe in him is the one with the responsibility to prove to us that he is, so that we can also believe.

How does the burden lie with us?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:

Religion is bigger business....I wanna talk religion till i net more than I gross before just like chris oyakhilome,oyedepo,mattew ashimolowo and the likes
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

but that's not what this thread is about, is it? This thread is about atheists having blind faith in non-godism and science, even when science is wrong.

oh, but according to science, humanity has been around for a few million years already. We should have evolved into something else by now as a means of sheer necessity shouldn't we?

of course you'd have reservations about evolution. Too many holes to be punched into. BUT it is a main scientific milestone. so if scientists can be wrong about evolution and even carbon dating, is it possible they can be wrong about the existence of GOD as well?

This clearly shows you don't know anything about science… those humanoids in existence millions of years ago are the species that evolved until it gets to modern man.
Example is the humanoid australopecine gave rise to adipethecus.. bros i suggest you first read about evolution stop disgracing yourself here ...smiley
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by dalaman: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

so if scientists can be wrong about evolution and even carbon dating, is it possible they can be wrong about the existence of GOD as well?

God is a man made idea and creation that is why there are many different Gods, Goddesses and religions.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
aaronson:
Religion is bigger business....I wanna talk religion till i net more than I gross before just like chris oyakhilome,oyedepo,mattew ashimolowo and the likes

That does not concern me, face your business and leave my mentions alone. How hard can that be?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

No the correct thing should be, If their are no god "ideas" they wont be atheists.(people that disbelief the idea.

The God concept is a very archaic idea, and that is it.. an idea if you say its reality show me it is..

No, the correct thing is "If there was no GOd there wouldnt be atheists. we have had this argument before. show me a single quote in your atheism library against Zeus and I will show you a thousand against God almighty. you know within yourself that this fight is against the almighty, despite the fact you keep trying to show that atheism is anti-all-gods.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

No, the correct thing is "If there was no GOd there wouldnt be atheists. we have had this argument before. show me a single quote in your atheism library against Zeus and I will show you a thousand against God almighty. you know within yourself that this fight is against the almighty, despite the fact you keep trying to show that atheism is anti-all-gods.

Lolzzz please which one is God almighty? zeus answers that too and so does osiris? so?
which of them are you referring to please?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
So since "god" abides to maintain man's freewill(which includes evil), then why is man punished for carrying out the designed purpose?

And since you've already established that "evil" is a byproduct of good by your analohy of light and darkness.....then is "god" good?...shouldn't the byproduct of omnibenevolence be omni-malevolence?

"I'm coming soon! I will bring my reward with me to pay all people based on what they
have done. REV 22:12. Also, my argument is not about byproduct but about these phenomenon in its zero state.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

This clearly shows you don't know anything about science… those humanoids in existence millions of years ago are the species that evolved until it gets to modern man.
Example is the humanoid australopecine gave rise to adipethecus.. bros i suggest you first read about evolution stop disgracing yourself here ...smiley

oh, sorry, silly me. can you please tell me how long it took for australopecine (the correct term by the way is Australopithecus) to give rise to adipethecus?( correct spelling ardipithecus), humble me with an answer pls.

pls note that the above species of hominines are now under debate as to whether they are part of the humaniod evolutionary tree, but i guess thats just me talking.

or lemme wait so you can ask google, you who know so much about science sir.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:

No meaningful human is known to brag abt what he has, unfortunately you've used up ur head as you stated in your comment, it's now empty. Good luck but face your business
just like celebrities who flaunt their wealth on social media,I should take offense to your accusation if I did same but no,we just conversing but the more logical person here seems making the less logical person sound pained and frustrated,I'm just gonna let the viewers of this thread detect the empty brain through our convo
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
DProDG:

Quick question... Is there free will in heaven?
Yes
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
Atheist do not believe in any god and it is not a belief system..How is that so difficult to understand? Ok..I'll make it clear for you..Is a child born with a belief system inherent or is it taught?? Hope you get it now..You were taught to believe whatever myth you consider sacred. Atheism is NOT a belief system! Has evolution stopped? the simple answer is NO! Evolution is a very very slow process that occurs way beyond the time span of your imagination (say 100 years) Do you think a million years from now the world as you know it would be the same as it is now? and if the question was an attempt to discredit evolution, read your bible again about your jewish god creating the world in 7 days (oops 6 days)...Let there be light in the first day, then created the sun in the third lol...destroyed the earth, killed his creations except some that he asked his servant Noah to fit in an ark...let's pretend the ark had coolers for penguins and polar bears...Oh and after the great flood what did Noah do? He made sacrifices unto god lol with endangered animals left in the ark...Common!! Read your book from beginning to end and come back to speak.. Even the pope has admitted that god doesn't have a magic wand...I won't respond if you do not have meaningful things to say...I don't have answers for your earlier questions but don't act like the bible explains anything. If it does, provide them...Just because life and nature is complex does not mean bible stories explain anything...NB: If by now you still think man is made from dust and woman from a man's rib PLEASE don't bother responding
5minsmadness:

It is rather interesting how you guys jumped the other questions I asked and zoned in on this one.
atheists not believing in God with such enthusiasm IS a VERY FERVENT BELIEF in itself. All atheists believe in the non-existence of God or gods, and short of a physical contact with such deities, will simply refuse to follow an argument for the existence of a creator. THAT in itself is a firm belief system.

as for your second paragraph, has evolution stopped? if yes why? if no why haven't we as humans evolved 4 pairs of hands since we are so busy all the time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / "Disabled German Lady Healed At TB Joshua's Church" (Photos) / Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.