Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38910 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Atheirts are foöls that try to substitute things which need knowledge to understand with probability.
Seems to me the Theists are the Dullards,who would rather believe in a Father Christmas up in the sky,than use their senses..

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 8:30am On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:

Life must be damn so hard for you! Please mind your business and quote me no more.
LMAO @ mind your business
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2015
logica:
You mean, you don't want to die? You don't want to go to Heaven?
answer the question u want to die this month with him? do u want to test my God?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2015
logica:
LMAO @ mind your business

Hehehehehe! That's the whole idea
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
So do atheists, who worship Beelzebub. If men refuse to vote, they automatically vote for evil people.
You're a prime example of a brain washed religious Bigot,so that one doesn't believe in your god,he automatically becomes an evil doer,pray who exactly is this Beelzebub of a guy,cos we don't know him..

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 19, 2015
kayceerilyn:
if a house can not come.by chance,a stack of rocks cannot be attributed to chance,there is no way our perfect earth will come by chance. It is the work of someone perfect as well.

if the the imperfect house, rock, humans can't come by chance. how would God who has all powers to create marvellous thing, who is perfect etc just come from nowhere out of nothing without any cause.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 8:36am On Mar 19, 2015
ooman:

And now to abuse. Sounds like what illiterates do.
That apart, there is an argument atheists use against christianity that those who didn't get to know God, where are they going, the good news is that it is written: For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law--> Romans 2:12 AND
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves--> Romans 2:14
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by allanphash7(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2015
Bro u just lost it completely

Chai

See wat christanity has done to pple
Masterclass32:

Abi?

Jesus Christ is not "a God". He is God. The only One there is.

You will do well to accept Him in your life.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Infomizer(m): 8:39am On Mar 19, 2015
davien:

And the reality we share doesn't remotely favour common sense.

Our intuition would tell us that between an egg and a boulder,dropped at the same time and from the same height....that the boulder should hit the ground first(because it's heavier)....but reality differs....

They both hit the ground at the same time(in fact, this is a standard test in physics to demonstrate that our intuitions doesn't matter to any event at play.....

Baba, you forgot to mention the impact of air resistance in making this possible...#JustSaying
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by ooman(m): 8:39am On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
That apart, there is an argument atheists use against christianity that those who didn't get to know God, where are they going, the good news is that it is written: For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law--> Romans 2:12 AND
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves--> Romans 2:14

How does this apply to the premise of discussion?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 8:39am On Mar 19, 2015
It's simple, really.
Show us a picture of the big bang. After all according to you guys 'seeing is believing'.

You can't? It's just a theory i.e a human idea? OK then.

And your whole knowledge of the universe is based on this idea that you hold so close to your hearts? OK.

Maybe you can create the big bang in a lab. I heard it has been attempted in labs numerous times. Em... Any success yet?

Have you guys concluded on what killed all the dinosaurs at once? Our Bible tells us it's a flood. We don't need to prove that since we silly christians have faith. Yet the sedimentation of dinosaur bones/fossils in the geological plates seem to prove we are right. You guys extrapolated and said a huge meteorite hit earth and killed everything off. Yet that doesn't explain how the millions of fossils are arranged in layers ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Then again I have another question. According to scientists evolution is what brought about the variety in plant and animal life on earth, right? We have over five thousand years of human history, surely it's enough time for elephants to evolve into something else? No? How long does a species need to evolve into a better version? Any idea?

Still on this evolution thing, if the meteor or whatever it was, killed off the entire population of dinosaurs, then why didn't another evolutionary process bring them back? A few million years(according to science) passed after the meteor struck, why don't we have at least miniature dinosaurs running around all over the place?

How come a meteorite killed off ONLY dinosaurs and left other creatures to survive?

Finally, and this one is off point but I decided to throw it in anyway, how come there is no atmosphere on the moon (space is a vacuum) yet if you watch the video of Neil Armstrong planting the American flag on the surface of the moon you see the flag blowing in the wind? The flag should be stationery /still, right? Correct me if am wrong pls.

Like I said previously, I admire the way you guys follow these white men with blatant abandon, one would almost want to say you have blind faith in your atheist masters. I hope for your sake that you are right. Because if you are wrong and death is not the end of it and there actually is a GOD and you have been insulting his sacredness... well, good luck to you.

It is better you believe in your atheism and stop the blaspheming of Someone you don't believe in or understand. That way hopefully there won't be any bad blood and it might be easier in the afterlife for you IF we christians are right. If we are wrong then it won't matter anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2015
Alphonsocapone:
little knowledge of science makes one an atheist, vast amount of knowledge makes one conclude theres GOD.
Hear! Hear! So says the Genius..

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2015
There be many unaswerwd questions abt creation, abt religion and abt life and most times death becomes the answer.

Even Darwin got rattled at the functionality of the eye, though later atheist tried to explain it out. some get confused at the complexity of life and pick a less confusing side.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
answer the question u want to die this month with him? do u want to test my God?
How about I die with your whole family? No qualms.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2015
michaelwestern:

So how did the earth come into existence? and how were human beings and other living things created?
Since we're all in the mood of asking questions,how did a god that created all these came into existence?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2015
logica:
How about I did with your whole family? No qualms.
watch and see then, how only u will end up before 31st
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2015
ooman:

Just because you dont know doesn't mean no one does.

Since u do, I'm all ears
They say there,s neva enough knowledge
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nicklaus(m): 8:44am On Mar 19, 2015
Atheist, in this Nigeria That's shallow rooted. Cut the crap and find somewhere to lay your heads. Nothing like it here.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:
It's simple, really.
Show us a picture of the big bang. After all according to you guys 'seeing is believing'.

You can't? It's just a theory i.e a human idea? OK then.
You see how you exposed yourself. If you read enough scientific publications, you would have seen enough photos that prove the "Big Bang". Now, it may not be exactly as conceived by human minds in the 21st Century, but there is enough proof. The best way I can explain it to you is the "echo". When somebody shouts in the right geographical area where sound can bounce back, you hear the echo(es) ring for some time. The "echo" of the Big Bang can still be "heard".

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
watch and see then, how only u will end up before 31st
M0therfucker, your MOTHER is likely already dead. Go check on her quick.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nicklaus(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
ipunchbitches:
Religion has actually convinced
people that there's an invisible
man living in the sky who
watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And
the invisible man has a special
list of ten things he does not
want you to do. And if you do
any of these ten things, he has a
special place, full of fire and
smoke and burning and torture
and anguish, where he will
send you to live and suffer and
burn and choke and scream and
cry forever and ever 'til the end
of time!
But He loves you. He loves you,
and He needs money! He always
needs money! He's all-powerful,
all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-
wise, somehow just can't handle
money!
what's this one saying Probably sounds sensible to him. Enjoy urself sage.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jayriginal: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2015
ipunchbitches:
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do
any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all- wise, somehow just can't handle money!

This is George Carlin.
Kindly reference at all times!
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2015
logica:
im M0therfucker, my MOTHER and father are already dead. im going to check on themvquick.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2015
Infomizer:

Baba, you forgot to mention the impact of air resistance in making this possible...#JustSaying
You are right,I just get so frustrated over this so called "christians" and their efforts to discredit anything rational.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
u will die horrible death before this month end, if it didn't happen know I'm not a man of God
Hehehehe,we're all going to die one day ,whether he,you or me dies today does not mean much in the GRAND scheme of things,in a 100 years time almost all who is alive will be dead,you Sire,is the EVIL one here for wishing your fellow man death for daring to have a contrary opinion to your own,your TYPE burned people at the stakes in the Dark Ages, for not believing in your god..

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
Hehehehe,we're all going to die one day ,whether he,you or me dies today does not mean much in the GRAND scheme of things,in a 100 years time almost all who is alive will be dead,you Sire,is the EVIL one here for wishing your fellow man death for daring to have a contrary opinion to your own,your TYPE burned people at the stakes in the Dark Ages, for not believing in your god..
people like him must die
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awww. My condolences.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by ipunchbitches(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2015
jayriginal:

This is George Carlin.
Kindly reference at all times!
E MA BINU I FORGOT HIS LAST NAME
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:
There be many unaswerwd questions abt creation, abt religion and abt life and most times death becomes the answer.

Even Darwin got rattled at the functionality of the eye, though later atheist tried to explain it out. some get confused at the complexity of life and pick a less confusing side.
If you read the origin of species....you'd realise that he made a lot of predictions(testable hypothesis) that could be used to prove his theory....he also explained how the eye could have arisen by small incremental steps of changes..

From photo-sensitive cells to eyes....and that's just the trend we see in micro-fossils...
If you really want to understand evolution...I could direct you to some videos.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by kay29000(m): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2015
Arguments like this will go on and on and on...no one will ever agree to be wrong. The truth is, Atheists cannot believe in the man in the sky theory, and for religious people to really understand atheist, they become atheists themselves. I became an atheist in 2008 when I decided to read the whole Bible. Funny, right?

I spent years trying to open my friends eyes to the truth, that there is no man in the sky, and that religion is a manmade construct. But it was an almost impossible task that made some of my friends hate me. Over the years, I have understood the real meaning behind the saying..."ignorance is bliss" so now I just let religious people be, and don't disclose my religious (or, non-religious) status to anyone. I feel like the only sober person in a car filled with drunks...but I guess I have to live with that. lol!

8 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by amnestylaw1(m): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2015
davien:

No,a large number of atheists aren't rationalists...And those that are,don't have to "believe in" anything....you're merely equivocating(exchanging the words) "believe in" instead of "accept" to conjure a resonance of faith...

This is already a fallacy in itself....

Starting by equivocating words to imply faith....you then moved forward to attach your misunderstanding of a scientific theory....

Let us see where this leads to.

In the very same context you're using....it could be said that atheist(more specifcly,the rationalists) also "believe in"(the appropriate term is accept) Newtonian physics....does that magically turn gravity into a belief?

Even so,your dishonest presupposition(pre-concluded assumption) falls apart when you've already said "most atheists"....so you're also generalizing your observation based on a selected group.

Lets proceed.

Tell me what you mean here...because I need you to define your terms here....

And I also question the basis for calling the earth "designed"....what is the determinant of a designed earth?....can you provide or tell me how an undesigned earth would look like...so as to know?

And the reality we share doesn't remotely favour common sense.

Our intuition would tell us that between an egg and a boulder,dropped at the same time and from the same height....that the boulder should hit the ground first(because it's heavier)....but reality differs....

They both hit the ground at the same time(in fact, this is a standard test in physics to demonstrate that our intuitions doesn't matter to any event at play....until demonstrated)

And we've actually witnessed firsthand' the birth of planets and stars from chaotic supernovae...what would you call that?

I doubt any rationalists would say "randomness", but I see perfectly what you're doing...

You're trying to misrepresent the secular position of existence to somehow give your belief a more sane appearance....

The rebuttal I have for this pathetic dishonest misrepresentation is this....

Nature is probabilistic...not entirely random and not entirely ordered,and neither is it neutral(this may shock you ofcourse).....

Lets observe the cell wall....more specificly the semi-permeable membrane....it is a phospholipid bilayer of naturally occuring compounds.

On exposure to water,it's properties(which are determined by the head group and it's chains) form the bilayer by extending its hydrophobic(water dreading) layer in and it's hydrophilic(water loving) layer out...forming the "bilayer" in the process,that keeps the membrane from being permeated by everything(hence the term "semi-permeable"wink

Note that this function operates due to contrasting features that do not go together(i.e the hydrophobic effect)....but because of probabilistic qualities it encounters...it serves as a building block of cells...literally the walls.

I doubt you know the "law" you're talking about, may we know what this law is called and it's full implications....Is it thermodynamics?

Because if it is,you should have known that "order" and "disorder" in thermodynamics are referred to as "entropy" and entropy actually has values(I.e J/k )...and the total entropy of a system is determined by the work(useful energy)....

And since energy isn't created or destroyed(1st law) ....work gets rearranged into different forms(2nd law)....ofwhich one of those forms is matter.... (2nd law)

This is the hypocrisy of it all, after equivocating and misrepresenting everything you can....you then thank those who subscribe to the same faith you do...for support...

Good job, by this rate the well knowledgeable would depart from your religion after witnessing the extents used to retain the belief. smiley

Gosh so tired, it takes much work to expose a lie than to tell it...And I believe I've exposed you quite well...

Anyone willing to know any of this should either go to a noteable school of thought, library , google, etc lol grin

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_bilayer

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/therm/entrop.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_%28order_and_disorder%29

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobic_effect

You ,sir, deserve a bow. Respect

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
Seems to me the Theists are the Dullards,who would rather believe in a Father Christmas up in the sky,than use their senses..
You mean they are dullards because they have no proof of a Father in heaven and have to believe through faith?! So do I have to believe through faith without proof you are human, even when it is possible you are a very powerful and mysterious goat, married to a fat pig called ooman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady "Vomits Cockcroach" As T.B Joshua Prays For Her In His Church (pics) / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.