Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38898 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
How people can take their hard earned money to go and give someone to pray for them to earn more money, beats me.

How can "God" who has all the money in the world, need money from me, before he can give me more money? What does he need my money for biko?

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by wordcat(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Lmao grin grin grin, you are very funny o, quit clowning around abeg.

Some people who claimed to have been called before you, have said the same and nothing had happened.

That dude thought that Nairaland is Nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Hawlahscho(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
I know it's lengthy, but I don't like dishonesty...I'd always try to expose it completely than let someone be deceived.
Beliefs influence actions...

I Give up. cool
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by incrediblestev: 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
michaelwestern:

So how did the earth come into existence? and how were human beings and other living things created?
The same way I can put it back to you: "do how did God himself come into existence ".

What you call existence is in a very simple term known as consciousness, you exist when you know, when you awaken to knowing not because you were created in made. Just as energy can not be created nor destroyed, beings exist in forms and different consciousness, it has nothing to do with any deity.

There is no such thing as a sky daddy creating people and all that poo knowledge..... Else we will have to discuss about his own existence or being... He definitely can not exist alone in a space, he too must have a creator who also has a creator and it goes on like that... Just because human beings created an imaginary supernatural being to explain away the limitations of their own knowledge does not necessarily mean in actual sense, there is a sky daddy who exist nowhere.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Onliie(m): 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
He actually fully addressed the issues the OP raised,but I guess his words are too high fallutin for your likes to appreciate..
Can you just brief me what his point was.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Ishilove: 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Your signature makes me remember this lamentation of Job ---> Why do the wicked live, reach old age, and grow mighty in power? Job 21:7
This post makes me remember this Saying of Jesus, the Son of the most High--> They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept. Luke 7:32
Lmao! Yeyenatu cheesy
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good thing you have well thought questions...but how does Christianity answer any of these??
5minsmadness:
It's simple, really.
Show us a picture of the big bang. After all according to you guys 'seeing is believing'.

You can't? It's just a theory i.e a human idea? OK then.

And your whole knowledge of the universe is based on this idea that you hold so close to your hearts? OK.

Maybe you can create the big bang in a lab. I heard it has been attempted in labs numerous times. Em... Any success yet?

Have you guys concluded on what killed all the dinosaurs at once? Our Bible tells us it's a flood. We don't need to prove that since we silly christians have faith. Yet the sedimentation of dinosaur bones/fossils in the geological plates seem to prove we are right. You guys extrapolated and said a huge meteorite hit earth and killed everything off. Yet that doesn't explain how the millions of fossils are arranged in layers ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Then again I have another question. According to scientists evolution is what brought about the variety in plant and animal life on earth, right? We have over five thousand years of human history, surely it's enough time for elephants to evolve into something else? No? How long does a species need to evolve into a better version? Any idea?

Still on this evolution thing, if the meteor or whatever it was, killed off the entire population of dinosaurs, then why didn't another evolutionary process bring them back? A few million years(according to science) passed after the meteor struck, why don't we have at least miniature dinosaurs running around all over the place?

How come a meteorite killed off ONLY dinosaurs and left other creatures to survive?

Finally, and this one is off point but I decided to throw it in anyway, how come there is no atmosphere on the moon (space is a vacuum) yet if you watch the video of Neil Armstrong planting the American flag on the surface of the moon you see the flag blowing in the wind? The flag should be stationery /still, right? Correct me if am wrong pls.

Like I said previously, I admire the way you guys follow these white men with blatant abandon, one would almost want to say you have blind faith in your atheist masters. I hope for your sake that you are right. Because if you are wrong and death is not the end of it and there actually is a GOD and you have been insulting his sacredness... well, good luck to you.

It is better you believe in your atheism and stop the blaspheming of Someone you don't believe in or understand. That way hopefully there won't be any bad blood and it might be easier in the afterlife for you IF we christians are right. If we are wrong then it won't matter anyway.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
OK then. If u pass this month know I'm not called, u will know what befall u soon
LOL...called? Hearing voices? Better go to Yaba Left. I already booked your appointment.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
babyshaQ1:
Good thing you have well thought questions...but how does Christianity answer any of these??
The topic is on atheists having faith i.e believing in something they can't prove. I was just trying to show him that he uses faith as well.

This thread don go far oh! Am in the office, will address further when I get home.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by MightyMuna(m): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
slogozer:

Hebrews 9:27-28 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

If you reject Him and the mercies provided for ALL of your days on earth, nothing should surprise you if you spend ALL of your days in hell. Justice demands that God does exactly what has been proscribed for SIN. For the wages of SIN still remains DEATH.

If you are afraid of billions of years without being removed from HELL FIRE, RUN to JESUS: Here it is WHOSOEVER believeth. John 3:16.

His LOVE is here. There He would have translated from Saviour to JUDGE. Choose Him as Saviour Here or have Him as your JUDGE THERE!!

The Choice is yours. INDECISION or ATHEISM is a DECISION.

We, mortal men, our love and mercy is supposedly nothing compared to that of God's.

But please, tell me what YOUR OWN CHILD can do to you that warrants you to TORTURE HIN FOR ETERNITY.
So because he denies you as his father or insults you or what did he do that you believe it is FAIR to torture him FOREVER?

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
Come op, why did you change the title of the thread?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ishilove:

Lmao! Yeyenatu cheesy
So you are also atheist shocked !
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Idrismusty97(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
hunter21:
I'm thinking the reason why athiests don't have so called "spiritual problems" is because athiests are actually spiritually stronger than religionists, athiests operate from their holy grail while religionists make their lifestyle, what is supposed to just be a part to their holygrail
Wrong. You can't have bullshîts problems when you don't believed in bullshîts. Understand?

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Ishilove: 1:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
So you are also atheist shocked !
You must indeed be a newbie

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nicklaus(m): 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
You will be surprised how many people do not accept the idea of an all knowing god in Nigeria,the fact we all go through the motions of Religion doesn't mean all are religious,people go to church because it is socially expected and acceptable,not because everyone actually believes ,it's less stressful to appear to be religious in this country,than tell people like you we don't believe..
Just like you want me to buy the idea that donbenie is an all knowing Anti-christian. Of course I ll be surprise since we are originally traditional set before the existence of christianity and islam. So basically we lots are rooted from a set of traditional beliefs which leaves me convinced that a Nigerian can be any of those three religions. And also whoever isn't part of these religion came from an origin part of it. That means you lots chose the supposedly easiest and the most uncharitable part of culture to suit your pocket and selfish way of life. And to take you for a LIE that you are did you say it's less stressful to be religious Trust me nothing feels less stressful than claiming to be an atheist. Come on, if i m sick of doing charitable work and serving the one true God, being an atheist is the best medicine.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
MightyMuna:

We, mortal men, our love and mercy is supposedly nothing compared to that of God's.

But please, tell me what YOUR OWN CHILD can do to you that warrants you to TORTURE HIN FOR ETERNITY.
So because he denies you as his father or insults you or what did he do that you believe it is FAIR to torture him FOREVER?
YAHWEH is not a monster, it is those that fail to understand that are, in fact we can't really blame them cos sometimes YAHWEH speaks in parables. There is nowhere in the Bible that states that hell is till eternity.
Jesus warned that we should not fear those that can destroy the body but HE that candestroy body and soulin hell. A parable of Jesus about a man planting a vineyard and the enemy coming to sow weed among the good plants, which the man knowing this, suffered not to destroy the weeds lest the good ones be destroyed. The man waited until the vine was ripe for harvest anddestroyedthe weed in fire. Do you burn weeds forever? Another is the story of Noah's Ark, where God destroyed the people once, whose difference from the pending destruction is fire, are they still being destroyed today in water? They were killed once witheternaleffects: they died once and died forever, the same way it is impossible for weed burnt to rise again cos the effect of the Burning had eternal effect.
To nail it on the head, in order to clarify doubt Jude 1:7 called the fire of Sodom eternal fire! Is Sodom burning today? Certainly not. They were burnt once with eternal effects. Though some may point to the Story of Lazarus and the rich man but I want us to know it was only for the purpose of admonition and not for the purpose of telling us what hell is about. The LORD shall destroy evil men and affliction shall not rise second time.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Wrong. You can't have bullshîts problems when you don't believed in bullshîts. Understand?
It's very hard for theists to think people don't believe in any "god/gods"....so anyone and everyone they meet they'd likely think he/she also operates on a belief system.

Belief systems make life easy for a theist....do's and don'ts with a moral significance attached to it are all they think they need...And are all they were brought up to ever consider.

If they were confronted with "jains" they'd still want to believe they(the jains) believe in a creator....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism_and_non-creationism

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nicklaus:
Just like you want me to buy the idea that donbenie is an all knowing Anti-christian. Of course I ll be surprise since we are originally traditional set before the existence of christianity and islam. So basically we lots are rooted from a set of traditional beliefs which leaves me convinced that a Nigerian can be any of those three religions. And also whoever isn't part of these religion came from an origin part of it. That means you lots chose the supposedly easiest and the most uncharitable part of culture to suit your pocket and selfish way of life. And to take you for a LIE that you are did you say it's less stressful to be religious Trust me nothing feels less stressful than claiming to be an atheist. Come on, if i m sick of doing charitable work and serving the one true God, being an atheist is the best medicine.

I still engage in charity work....does that transform me to a theist?...

And I doubt simplicity equates to atheism....arguably you're the one relaxed with a 7-day creation, bats being birds, global floods, witches, wizards, giants,etc

All these are basic qualities of a fairy tale(this isn't an insult, you can check it for yourself)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_tale

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jes7: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
allanphash7:
Oh my world

Really love ur comment and ur view

Wish i can knw and meet u in person cos we share d same view completely about religion

i strongly beleive in myself and i always do good

Hugs[

Religion is a SCAMquote author=Nipeks post=31767506]Atheists do not claim the Big Bang theory to be a fact. It's just a theory not yet a fact. But unlike the story of creation in most religions, this one is scientifically possible.

The question you people have not been asking yourselves:
If the universe is too complex to exist by chance and was created, then God who is greater than the whole universe must also have been created by something greater which must have been created by something greater. If we follow this theory, there cannot be a first creator.

PS: I am not an atheist. I have no established religion. I believe in only one thing. Myself.

This is a very weak argument. you don't need to know who created the creator to believe there is a creator. for instance you don't need to know who created Bill Gate to accept microsoft was made by him.
again, this question of who created the creator will only be necessary if we are talking about a created God; the Christian God is not a created God!

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Lmao grin grin grin, you are very funny o, quit clowning around abeg.

Some people who claimed to have been called before you, have said the same and nothing had happened.
who are u
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by davien(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
jes7:

This is a very weak argument. you don't need to know who created the creator to believe there is a creator. for instance you don't need to know who created Bill Gate to accept microsoft was made by him.
again, this question of who created the creator will only be necessary if we are talking about a created God; the Christian God is not a created God!
But we can see Bill gates can't we?...so by logical deduction,as the example shouldn't we also see "god" too?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ishilove:

You must indeed be a newbie
What actually is your FAITH based on? I mean, why do you regect God?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nicklaus(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:

I still engage in charity work....does that transform me to a theist?...

And I doubt simplicity equates to atheism....arguably you're the one relaxed with a 7-day creation, bats being birds, global floods, witches, wizards, giants,etc

All these are basic qualities of a fairy tale(this isn't an insult, you can check it for yourself)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_tale
haha ! Talk is cheap on NL. I can as well say I m the 15th generation of king solomon if you could be doing charity works, afterall we owe each other no explanation wink and since an act of charity is now simplicity perhaps you can as well term atheism to be a type religion grin. And I see you are the cause of your misguided life. Reading from your fellow grand atheist and you want me to succumb to that Sorry to disappoint you buddy. The bible apart it's common sense to believe in a supernatural force behind the existence of all things. And if I m to delude myself into believing in God, that's exactly what I ll do. I would rather be a jew.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nicklaus:
haha ! Talk is cheap on NL. I can as well say I m the 15th generation of king solomon if you could be doing charity works, afterall we owe each other no explanation wink and since an act of charity is now simplicity perhaps you can as well term atheism to be a type religion grin. And I see you are the cause of your misguided life. Reading from your fellow grand atheist and you want me to succumb to that Sorry to disappoint you buddy. The bible apart it's common sense to believe in a supernatural force behind the existence of all things. And if I m to delude myself into believing in God, that's exactly what I ll do. I would rather be a jew.
what
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by louie3(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nipeks:
Atheists do not claim the Big Bang theory to be a fact. It's just a theory not yet a fact. But unlike the story of creation in most religions, this one is scientifically possible.

The question you people have not been asking yourselves:
If the universe is too complex to exist by chance and was created, then God who is greater than the whole universe must also have been created by something greater which must have been created by something greater. If we follow this theory, there cannot be a first creator.

PS: I am not an atheist. I have no established religion. I believe in only one thing. Myself.
ur head dey there..u jus took d words out of my mouth

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by MightyMuna(m): 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
YAHWEH is not a monster, it is those that fail to understand that are, in fact we can't really blame them cos sometimes YAHWEH speaks in parables. There is nowhere in the Bible that states that hell is till eternity.
Jesus warned that we should not fear those that can destroy the body but HE that candestroy body and soulin hell. A parable of Jesus about a man planting a vineyard and the enemy coming to sow weed among the good plants, which the man knowing this, suffered not to destroy the weeds lest the good ones be destroyed. The man waited until the vine was ripe for harvest anddestroyedthe weed in fire. Do you burn weeds forever? Another is the story of Noah's Ark, where God destroyed the people once, whose difference from the pending destruction is fire, are they still being destroyed today in water? They were killed once witheternaleffects: they died once and died forever, the same way it is impossible for weed burnt to rise again cos the effect of the Burning had eternal effect.
To nail it on the head, in order to clarify doubt Jude 1:7 called the fire of Sodom eternal fire! Is Sodom burning today? Certainly not. They were burnt once with eternal effects. Though some may point to the Story of Lazarus and the rich man but I want us to know it was only for the purpose of admonition and not for the purpose of telling us what hell is about. The LORD shall destroy evil men and affliction shall not rise second time.

This is the epitome of beating around the bush and obfuscation.
I'll not engage you any further.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jes7: 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:
But we can see Bill gates can't we?...so by logical deduction,as the example shouldn't we also see "god" too?

There you go again. I am saying I don't need to know Bill Gates to accept Microsoft was created. The complexity and programming of the computer is enough for me as a rational being to believe it must have been intelligently put together by an intelligent mind. There are many people who have never heard of or know Bill Gates exists who will absolutely believe the computer was made by someone.
Even if I can't see God or know him, it is simply rational to accept that a complex being like me is not a product of chance or a thoughtless process.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
MightyMuna:

This is the epitome of beating around the bush and obfuscation.
I'll not engage you any further.
Don't sound assertive, I've just given my opinion on the issue, its yours to counter me or give me the things you wish I had written on. Give me the obvious passages in the Bible that points to your view of things, then give me your time that I may educate you.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by allanphash7(m): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sowie nro was nill gate father visible or not?

Just asking

Ponder about it again

jes7:

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by jes7: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
davien:

You sound funny and illogical. Are you saying anything you can't see does not exist?
If God truly exist, does the fact that you can't see him make him non existent?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by allanphash7(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
How will u feel if i say Mohammed loves u?

Just asking Religion is nothing but a scam
Masterclass32:

I pray God opens your eyes to see what the Truth is.

Jesus loves you

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
michaelwestern:

So how did the earth come into existence? and how were human beings and other living things created?
Once again Atheism really has nothing to do with the big bang. It's simply a lack of belief in the existence of imaginary beings- Father Christmas, spaghetti monster, obalatata, God, Devil, Sango, ogun etc. It is not a position to proffer scientific explanation of how the earth came about.

Now "shame the devil" and task your brain at least this time if you are not in the habit of doing so........
Or else

JUST ASK GOOGLE.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Arewa Youth-Forum Visit TB Joshua's Synagogue / Lady "Vomits Cockcroach" As T.B Joshua Prays For Her In His Church (pics) / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.