Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38914 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by 5minsmadness: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
logica:
You see how you exposed yourself. If you read enough scientific publications, you would have seen enough photos that prove the "Big Bang". Now, it may not be exactly as conceived by human minds in the 21st Century, but there is enough proof. The best way I can explain it to you is the "echo". When somebody shouts in the right geographical area where sound can bounce back, you hear the echo(es) ring for some time. The "echo" of the Big Bang can still be "heard".

grin

OK ok. Lemme not laugh. Let me say I didn't understand what you typed up there. You have pictures of the big bang or you have pictures that hypothetically prove the big bang theory. Because it is the former I asked for and not the later.

Your 'echo' explanation is as empty as an echo itself. You hear an echo in the universe from your scientific equipment, and you now choose to define it's source. How do you know the echo is not God 's voice, or if that example offends you ; the explosion of some ancient nebulae?

Try again bro.

Oh and replace anywhere you wrote "proof" with "faith".

I' ll leave you to decide whether I read scientific journals or not.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
just watch and see, ur days on earth had been numbered, I thank my God when ever I pray he answer.
It's funny how nonentities like you,tries to run faster than your shadows,so you've prayed for his death by the end of the month and your god is going to answer you,just one question,what happens when he makes it to next month?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
It's funny how nonentities like you,tries to run faster than your shadows,so you've prayed for his death by the end of the month and your god is going to answer you,just one question,what happens when he makes it to next month?
don't ever quote me, just try me
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2015
ooman:

How does this apply to the premise of discussion?
Didn't you see 'that apart'? Which school did you attend?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Humblebloke(m): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2015
aaronson:
I really think theist are thinkers because what they don't see and don't feel everyday do exist!!! Who needs to think more?

Atheism is self defeating..... Let's just say theists are accurate thinkers!

Science is just a belief system which aims to minimize faith but still......

I'm not gonna convince about the supreme being s existence...... The more you grow in knowledge, you will know better
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
You're a prime example of a brain washed religious Bigot,so that one doesn't believe in your god,he automatically becomes an evil doer,pray who exactly is this Beelzebub of a guy,cos we don't know him..
You're right, but me being born into Christianity and being christian, doesn't make my religion wrong, I've done lot of research, dear, there is no God but YHWH.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Mozarinia(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2015
Nipeks:
Atheists do not claim the Big Bang theory to be a fact. It's just a theory not yet a fact. But unlike the story of creation in most religions, this one is scientifically possible.

The question you people have not been asking yourselves:
If the universe is too complex to exist by chance and was created, then God who is greater than the whole universe must also have been created by something greater which must have been created by something greater. If we follow this theory, there cannot be a first creator.

PS: I am not an atheist. I have no established religion. I believe in only one thing. Myself.
God addressed Himself as the self subsisting God. That's the meaning of Jehovah. He is created by no being or entity. He is the Most High. He has been from the beginning and He has no deputy.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
Nicklaus:
Atheist, in this Nigeria That's shallow rooted. Cut the crap and find somewhere to lay your heads. Nothing like it here.
You will be surprised how many people do not accept the idea of an all knowing god in Nigeria,the fact we all go through the motions of Religion doesn't mean all are religious,people go to church because it is socially expected and acceptable,not because everyone actually believes ,it's less stressful to appear to be religious in this country,than tell people like you we don't believe..

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by DeRay98(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
Atheist have one BIG worry in their life, that is, that GOD should stop existing. thats what works them up. if they believe HE does not exist, why does it bother them so much that they are irritated by believers in GOD?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by promisechild(m): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Nipeks:
Atheists do not claim the Big Bang theory to be a fact. It's just a theory not yet a fact. But unlike the story of creation in most religions, this one is scientifically possible.

The question you people have not been asking yourselves:
If the universe is too complex to exist by chance and was created, then God who is greater than the whole universe must also have been created by something greater which must have been created by something greater. If we follow this theory, there cannot be a first creator.

PS: I am not an atheist. I have no established religion. I believe in only one thing. Myself.
for every event there must be a cause but all these can not continue ad infinitum so there must be a cause that is not preceded by any event and that is the first cause and this first cause his God.

Point 2- for motion to take place there must be an initiator who moves other things but there will be an initiator which himself is not being moved and this is called the umoved mover and that is God

Therefore I think God exist.

God is a perfect Being and the things of this world are all imperfect if God that is a perfect Being is now interested in imperfect things and thus making God to be imperfect and God can not stoop so low to be imperfect.

God is a self thinking Being he does not think about you or me either the universe at large,he only thinks about himself. God did not create d universe though he was the one that initiated the cause of the universe and consequently does he have knowledge about this world.

If God had had knowledge about this world there wouldn't have been evil.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by donbenie(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
don't ever quote me, just try me
Hahahaha,guy,pipe down..your body dey hot..you want to sentence me to death too..am all yours..

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by logica(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin

OK ok. Lemme not laugh. Let me say I didn't understand what you typed up there. You have pictures of the big bang or you have pictures that hypothetically prove the big bang theory. Because it is the former I asked for and not the later.

Your 'echo' explanation is as empty as an echo itself. You hear an echo in the universe from your scientific equipment, and you now choose to define it's source. How do you know the echo is not God 's voice, or if that example offends you ; the explosion of some ancient nebulae?

Try again bro.

Oh and replace anywhere you wrote "proof" with "faith".

I' ll leave you to decide whether I read scientific journals or not.
I understand you don't have scientific inclination; because I may be tempted to think you are dimwitted. Yes, there are pictures that prove the Big Bang. And once again, I pointed mentioned that the "echo" explanation was an analogy. If you can't understand that, there is very little I can do to help you.

Oh, and on that "choosing to define ...source" comment; if you can at least know what a nebula means, I would expect that you should then be smarter to know that those who study things like that can tell the difference between the explosion of a star or collision of 2 planets, or what ever. The operative term is "signature". I will leave you to marinate on that.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Kamenmen(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=Horlufemi post=31770438]

What ever those points you just said. I still stand on this. you cannot get order out of disorder. You can't get DNA (Information) from dis order. It takes a lot of faith to believe that. be rational for once. we don't know how we got here. I still believe in an Intelligent designer than blind chance.

You should ask yourself this question. we are all made from atoms in the universe. Yet we observe the universe. How can or why should the universe observe itself.
we are not the universe we are part of the universe. We observe just to gain information of the surroundings then respond to adapt.

My stand is You cannot rule out God/or some creator/alien and science is just an observatory and application. all working together. Science is fact and it doesn't rule out God

no one has ruled out God as he is understood religious wise. The thing is, so far, what is fact is that things living change constantly. Then the idea of creation of first two humans does not explain the existence of many different kind of people/races. Then things like the Noah story were he build a big ship and put all species in it doesnt make much sense if you look at the number of species on earth and try to picture fitting each and every of them in a single ship. That would require one seriously seriously seriously big motha fo. Then it would require serious serious skill to build it and heck of materials and then way way way way way more time to build it than it is said it was built, given the tools and technology of those days. Mind you we are talking of two of each species. Then consider the storage of their food and the food itself. Then consider some creatures eat specific kinds of foods so Noah and the few people he was with had to go around the world to get the feeds, then moving the creatures to the boat. You can imagine their adventure catching the crocodiles, then inserting the fingers up their a--hole to make sure they have a nicca and a b--tch, then moving them to the boat. Then where does the earth get so much water to cover all land on earth within a few days or months of rain? Then, were did all the water drain to when land reappeared, given it had covered ALL land? Such stories are what may make you wonder what else in religion you can give a ----. If God exists, he should atleast have inspired his writters to write something.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by chinnyonwu(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2015
gbl01:
Not believing in God is a sin even the Devil did not commit
atheists dont believe in the devil either mate

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Humblebloke(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2015
Masterclass32:

Abi?

Jesus Christ is not "a God". He is God. The only One there is.

You will do well to accept Him in your life.

Don't be confused.... He is not God, he was born of a woman( he came out of a womans'. Vagina)

He is one of the most righteous men ever...... He is a messenger just like every other prophets(Abraham, Isaac, David etc.) sent before him
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2015
donbenie:
Hahahaha,guy,pipe down..your body dey hot..you want to sentence me to death too..am all yours..
lol funny u bro
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by chinnyonwu(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2015
wordcat:

Truly I say to u that Only a Deranged Fellow will look into the sky and say, "There is a god".

How can a normal human believe that he has a Father who lives in the sky?

Brother, some of these people have been programmed to repeat d same jargon they've been hearin from birth. No room for basic reasoning.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by freecocoa(f): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2015
OP already failed by thinking/saying atheism is a belief system.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by slogozer(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2015
[b][/b]
davien:
You are right,I just get so frustrated over this so called "christians" and their efforts to discredit anything rational.

Calm down brother. Let frustration be far removed from your heart. There are more important things in life than hating and 'angrying' about Christians. Peace is quite elusive in this world without adding those.

It is only one life and the last I know there are no hate discrimination to those close and near to us all who are answering the transition BUS STOP of DEATH.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. I am sure deep down your heart you are hungry for the truth.

Read with me Revelations 20

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The QUESTION I leave with you is "what if the above is true".

Something tell me you used to be a strong Christian or you have been exposed thorough in the truth. Do not live in self-denial.

I leave you with Micah 6:6-8

6 Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?

7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Masterclass32: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2015
allanphash7:
Bro u just lost it completely

Chai

See wat christanity has done to pple

The god of this world is really at work. I pray God opens your eyes to see what the Truth is.

Jesus loves you
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Masterclass32: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2015
allanphash7:
Bro u just lost it completely

Chai

See wat christanity has done to pple

I pray God opens your eyes to see what the Truth is.

Jesus loves you
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by wordcat(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2015
chinnyonwu:

Brother, some of these people have been programmed to repeat d same jargon they've been hearin from birth. No room for basic reasoning.

My bible tells me" our pastor said" is their common language.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2015

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Didn't you see 'that apart'? Which school did you attend?

I saw it, I was just wondering why you need to change the topic. Perhaps the current one is way out of your ken?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 10:01am On Mar 19, 2015
This is very simple.. Theists say God exists, atheists say we dont believe you.. all you need do is prove it ..thats all grin But it seems its impossible to prove this god.

Just like i can say i have a pink flying unicorn in my house, disprove that!!!

The burden of proof is on the one making the claim smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Dcmg(m): 10:01am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
just watch and see, ur days on earth had been numbered, I thank my God when ever I pray he answer.
What is the difference between you and Bokoharam?It's Like You Guys Serve the Same God that takes pleasure in killing people?

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Phew

Well the truth is everyone.is entitled to his/her opinions...
but let's face some facts here

The sun: has an internal temperature of 200mil degrees celcius and an external temperature of 6000degrees celcius
Hence no living creature can get close enuf to study it
Yet it is there..how did it get there?

The human race as of today has not been able to fully discover the water world...at least half of the water world still remains unresearched......
Stuff we can't explain
Look at the human body....it is so complex and well planned that it will be foolhardy to think it just came into existence without planning.
The human heart can live for a hundred years yet it is mere "Edo"
The brain is the most complex organ in the world..yet it looks like "cheese"
Nobody teaches a mother hen that is one of the most timid animals to face a flying hawk when her chicks are threatened
A lion or other wild animals to fend for young ones till they are old enuf to fend for themselves
How blood is made

I could go on.......

The closest the human race has gotten to creation is clones

Yet clones are not created out of nothing
Who created wat was used to create clones?

The earth we live in, thousand of meteors bigger in size tan tis planet pass the earth constantly.....one impact will cause total annihilation

Yet it doesn't.
Even studying soldier ants and their formations without tem aving books or goin to class shows a higher teacher.
We all can't explain wat wakes us up in the morning or makes us sleep at night or how the muscles , veins and arteries are all meticulously arranged

My conclusion remains that there is sumtin out there that no theory, no bible, no history book, no scientist can fully comprehend or understand.......
And since no theory can say what created that sumtin, we should accept that whatever is out there is greater than us all

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Dcmg:
What is the difference between you and Bokoharam?It's Like You Guys Serve the Same God that takes pleasure in killing people?
my God is greater
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Masterclass32: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Humblebloke:

Don't be confused.... He is not God, he was born of a woman( he came out of a womans'. Vagina)

He is one of the most righteous men ever...... He is a messenger just like every other prophets(Abraham, Isaac, David etc.) sent before him

Abi?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of how correct or incorrect they may be.

You can't prove spiritual things by arguments. I cant prove to you, my friend, that Jesus is God just by saying it. Its not possible no matter how hard I may try. You need an encounter so that the Holy Spirit Himself will convince you. And I pray you get the encounter sooner than later.

Jesus loves You.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
answer the question u want to die this month with him? do u want to test my God?

Yes i want to die tonight...start praying to your god to kill me tonight..

[size=20] and if i dont die tonight then it will be official that your god doesnt exist... deal? [/size] grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Dcmg(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2015
frankmishael1:
my God is greater
Ok,do your greater God take pleasure in Killing People?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Yes i want to die tonight...start praying to your god to kill me tonight..

[size=20] and if i dont die tonight then it will be official that your god doesnt exist... deal? [/size] grin grin
now i know ur stand: month end then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady "Vomits Cockcroach" As T.B Joshua Prays For Her In His Church (pics) / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos) / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.