Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka (30677 Views)

Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen / Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP / "I Know Those Behind The Plot To Form An Interim Government"-prof Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by argon500: 1:25am On Mar 19, 2015
Finger crossed
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by LasgidyPort: 1:58am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:

Who and who are the ex-Generals? Which Political contestants are they pushing? Is Soyinka out of touch with trend or Old age is telling on him? While I respect his status as a Nobel Icon, I will advice him to critically look at merits and demerits of subject before going public with his position. His position is flawed.

As for the reporting of PEJ to ICC, I understand that Soyinka never liked PEJ because he was/is sympathetic to Amaechi, however, reporting Dame to ICC when nobody has been reportedly attacked or stoned as a result of her "miscalculated statement" will amount to nullity. What about the various threats from Buhari team notably from their chieftains and spokesman? what about the stoning of President Jonathan that amounts to treason? He said nothing!!!

Prof, there will be no ING...

I am not on this thread to bandy word with any bitter and aggressive supporter of a particular party.

Sai GEJ>>>>2019

Chai, see what 'seeking for protection' can cause.

Some people can no longer read and understand, but are in haste to fulfil their contract. Soyinka said he does not support the ICC case. Don't allow d 'protection' given to you to make your points to lack substance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by TheOtherview: 3:02am On Mar 19, 2015
alfred5:
Interview with DW? And i ask APC which one is DW?

Can yuou please give us Yutube section of this interview?

APC, shame on you people!

That's a statement by Wole Soyinka, the first African writer to win the Nobel Prize for Literature back in 1986. DW- correspondent Jan-Philipp Scholz caught up with him in Nigeria's most populous city Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MavznR-Nbw8
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by iamrealdeji(m): 3:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Just keep shut and watch when a brilliant fellow is talking,Mama Piss is even more desperate than her husband and she seem to be the one forcing Jonathan to be desperate about it,Jonathan is the type of man that would accept his fate if he looses,but the wife wouldn't allow that,Mama Piss is already addicted to the opulence and favor as a first lady and doesn't even want to get out anytime soon,but people especially women that support her are so foolish that they seem not to realize this,they think she's doing that for the love of her nation or because she's that patriotic,i LOL

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by iamrealdeji(m): 3:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Clerverly:

I said it on the other thread, APC should have saved Nigeria the embarrassment of reporting her to the ICC, because if she speaks at ICC, Nigeria’s academic degree will never be accepted abroad.
*Fact*
Lmao,thats true sha
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by iamrealdeji(m): 3:32am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:

Who and who are the ex-Generals? Which Political contestants are they pushing? Is Soyinka out of touch with trend or Old age is telling on him? While I respect his status as a Nobel Icon, I will advice him to critically look at merits and demerits of subject before going public with his position. His position is flawed.

As for the reporting of PEJ to ICC, I understand that Soyinka never liked PEJ because he was/is sympathetic to Amaechi, however, reporting Dame to ICC when nobody has been reportedly attacked or stoned as a result of her "miscalculated statement" will amount to nullity. What about the various threats from Buhari team notably from their chieftains and spokesman? what about the stoning of President Jonathan that amounts to treason? He said nothing!!!

I am not on this thread to bandy word with any bitter and aggressive supporter of a particular party.

Sai GEJ>>>>2019
What is this one saying? Are you sick upstairs? Someone said they should stone anybody that calls for change you're saying they shouldn't sue her when they've already called for violence free election,nobody wants to take the law into their hands by retaliating,thats why they need to report,as for Jonathan's stoning,did anybody instruct anybody to stone him? Or wasn't Aisha Buhari stoned in Ilorin this week? Pls if you can't use your dirty brain to think positively,just cover your stinking mouth,i noticed you're insane when you started dissing a Nobel laureate that everybody all over the world praises

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by iamrealdeji(m): 3:41am On Mar 19, 2015
CecyAdrian:

We have bought him enough shoes to last his life time and extend to his generations to come.
If he is really a wise man,he should have refused to contest or resigned honorably. We Nigerians massively voted for him in 2011,nobody noticed Buhari and These same Buhari ran with him in 2011.he should be asking himself what went wrong. how come the people that voted him in are against him now and are all supporting the person they never noticed in 2011
Well said sister,oku oye
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by fortunella: 3:47am On Mar 19, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by owobokiri(m): 3:51am On Mar 19, 2015
Boss13:
God what is happening? This is just a contest and a do or die. If you lose, accept

It is not "just a contest", per se. . It is a fight againt some sort of ethnic gang up. This country does not belong to 2 or 3 ethnic groups. This election is more that a mere "do or die".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by adconline(m): 3:52am On Mar 19, 2015
alfred5:

What an arrogant display of idiocy on full HD!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by egift(m): 4:14am On Mar 19, 2015
Clerverly:
I said it on the other thread, APC should have saved Nigeria the embarrassment of reporting her to the ICC, because if she speaks at ICC, Nigeria’s academic degree will never be accepted abroad.
*Fact*

So true. With over 5yrs and trillions looted, Jonathan still could not transform her grammar.
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Bonapart(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2015
You need rest old man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by anonimi: 10:01am On Mar 19, 2015
Clerverly:
The military would not have had to cope with Boko Haram on this level if the proper action had been taken at the right time. This is the biggest the problem I have with the Jonathan government."

http://www.dw.de/nobel-laureate-wole-soyinka-nigerias-military-plans-to-establish-an-interim-government/a-18323205

www.saharareporters.com/2015/03/19/i-know-those-behind-plot-form-interim-government-prof-wole-soyinka#disqus_thread.com

Maybe our professor needs to be reminded of two years ago =>

Sign agreement on no more killings, I will withdraw JTF, Jonathan to Borno elders
March 09, 2013

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in Maiduguri, accused Borno State Elders of playing to the gallary over the activities of Boko Haram Islamic sect insurgency in the state, describing the situation as unfortunate.

Jonathan spoke during an interactive session with Borno State stakeholders at the Multi-Purpose Hall, Government House Maiduguri, in continuation of his two- day working visit to Borno and Yobe States, the epicentres of Boko Haram.

He was responding to requests by the Elders for the Federal Government to grant amnesty to the sect members as well as withdraw the military Joint Task Force, JTF from Maiduguri and other areas in the state during the second day of his working visit to Borno State..

President Jonathan lamented that none of the elders in the state had publicly condemned the killings and bombings being carried out by the sect members and advised them to put their ‘’house in order,’’ by talking to their children who had been causing havoc in the country to drop their arms against the country.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/sign-agreement-on-no-more-killings-i-will-withdraw-jtf-jonathan-to-borno-elders/#sthash.0kJT6aMl.dpuf

Buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram
JUNE 3, 2013

Presidential candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 Presidential election, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has frowned on the emergency rule in parts of the North. He alleged that innocent civilians were being killed in the states.

Buhari speaking during a Liberty FM Hausa Service Programme, Guest of the Week, on Sunday in Kaduna said that Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished unlike the “special treatment” given to the Niger Delta militants by the Federal Government.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2035028_buhari_jpeg124530d5bd433c751b175a8e21349689

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by olas24u(f): 10:01am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 19, 2015
as if we get una time
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by aiyeboy(m): 10:03am On Mar 19, 2015
Shoroniyen
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Mekybliss(f): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2015
The old English teacher is back. Ok.
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by espn(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2015
garrix8:

Senseless as usual...

cheesy
what do u expect from a #badcanofstar

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by symbianDON(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Clerverly:

He didn't even bother to check the link!
he has been busy watching propaganda on that despicable AIT and NTA so he needs to be excused for not knowing DW

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by REDshouse(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Lets start the counting of vuvuzuela on this thread
vuvu 1 representing otuoeke federal community
barcanista:

Sai GEJ>>>>2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by EngrOloye: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2015
We all know baba.pls add dis 1 to it.Jega on the way out? God save Nigeria! Pls, read below what has just been sent to me:

Good people of Nija, Jega will be removed before Saturday. Confirmed ooo. PDP have decided to go for broke and they don't care whatever happens. The PDP stalwarts, The President & Service Chiefs have concluded at a meeting going on in Abuja right now after excusing Jega from the meeting. Let's all well meaning Nigerians rise up against this junta under civilian disguise. It's now time to fight for the future of our country not by guns or matches, but by collectively raising our voices and embark on massive protest just as done in Tunisia against the Terror that want to remain in power by crook. Please rebroadcast this message . We will keep you posted as events unfold.God bles nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by vooks: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2015
This negro is trying too hard to remain relevant
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by philips70(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2015
garrix8:

Senseless as usual...

cheesy

Someone planned ahead for the dollar rain. There's hardship in this country my brother, if you are not faced you will never appreciate it. Sometimes you can't just blame these Niggas. Everyone, maybe surely has a price. Personally I don't blame him, i only pity him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by AreaFada2: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2015
alfred5:

DW if I'm not mistaken s a kind of German version of VOA or BBC world service. It's called "Deustche Welle", mostly broadcasting to the outside world.
Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Lucasbalo(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2015
barcanista:

Sai GEJ>>>>2019
Supporting four more years of a failing country. Whao, Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In a civilized world, the question citizens ask the leadership is ( our lives better when you came in or not, before asking us to re elect you ). I guess that's why Nigeria is in a mess that she's in. God have mercy. Are most Nigerians better off before GEJ became the president or worse off now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2015
omenka:
Most of those guys only got exposed to the outside world through Nairaland. Had there not been this forum, the would have long received badges and medals of honour for ignorance and cluelesness from their village chiefs.

The extent of Jonathan's sins against this country makes it VERY difficult for him to hand over power to a candidate from another party. I see his hands tainted with innocent bloods in the NE and most other opposition strongholds, piracy and militancy, and indeed executive theft. I get this feeling Nigerians would find him and lynch him and his wife, including folks like NOI, Alison, Clerk et al when the books are opened and their content revealed to the general public.

Just too bad what this country has gone throung under this hediously corrupt and incompetent administration.
Ur comments, "El-classico" bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2015
Clerverly:

*Fact*

ROTFL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Governor Wey Dey Pay Killers': Protest In Abuja Over Southern Kaduna Killings / How Buhari Rejected Motion To Endorse Him For Second Term At APC NEC –presidency / Stop Being Heartless, Fix The Economy, Leave Business Owners Alone – Obi To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.