Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday (3670 Views)

Secondary School Students Arrested For Cultism Pictured With Gov Okorocha / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2009
KRISS: How do u intend to checkmate the menace of the Area boys some of which have gotten uniform, is that a recognition of their entity ?

They are filtering the questions hence not all questions are getting through to the gov himself howver they keep requesting for more questions, This is like JAMB.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by mustafar1: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

TextCast: The freedom of information bill has been stalled for years in teh national hosue but I don't beleive that there is anything in teh lagos state consitution that prohubtis Lagos from enacting a freedom of informations tate law

TextCast: A bill like this will go a long way towards stopping corruption in the state and last well past yourself

where is my house of assembly rep in lagos. this is the first bill we want in the lagos house in 2009.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2009
KRISS: Fashola, when you look around lagos and its environ, u will get to see alot of uniformed person either stopping okada, taxi, buses and the rest, wut can be done to harmonise these people and thereby have a means of collecting the so called levy they are collecting publicly?

B.O.S.S.: My friend told me they have to transport their bin from the boot of their car (in Gbagada) to Lagos Island where it gets emptied. What could you say about this?

[b]Dude is dodging questions[/b]
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2009
My Question (courtesy must_a_far) : where is my house of assembly rep in lagos. this is the first bill we want in the lagos house in 2009.
I also asked the question about the Kosofe School students sitting on the floor
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

KRISS: Fashola, when you look around lagos and its environ, u will get to see alot of uniformed person either stopping okada, taxi, buses and the rest, wut can be done to harmonise these people and thereby have a means of collecting the so called levy they are collecting publicly?

B.O.S.S.: My friend told me they have to transport their bin from the boot of their car (in Gbagada) to Lagos Island where it gets emptied. What could you say about this?

[b]Dude is dodging questions[/b]

How do you know he has been asked the questions in the first place? LOL.

Responses seem to have stopped coming
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2009
Jan: Hello your Excellency, the clothing industry is a viable industry which also has verious spin-offs interms of generating employment for our youth, is it possible to ask such global leading stores to establish their presence within the Lagos Free Trade Zone so that our local fashion designers can have access to training and also be able to design for these global clothing stores?

Jan: I ask this question cos it will place upcoming young designers on an international platform comparable to what is obtainable in South Africa right now
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2009
Sky Blue:

How do you know he has been asked the questions in the first place? LOL.

Responses seem to have stopped coming

You've answered that for me.

grin
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2009
admin: THE GOVERNOR IS TAKING QUESTIONS FROM THE PANEL MEMBERS
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

You've answered that for me.

grin

Is there a live video stream i am not watching whereby you can see your question was asked by textcast and he refused to answer? lol
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2009
admin: he is talkign about micro credit programmesm and the need to generate more jobs as tehre are people looking for work where none exists

admin: WE ARE HOPING HE WILL TAKE MORE QUESTIONS FROM THE CHATROOM BUT CAN'T GARUNTEE PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTION

Kobojunkie: Millions of children/adults are in need of education and skills training. That is the only way I see us ending this culture of having expatriates coming in to do jobs that should ordinarily go to people in the community.

Kobojunkie: And when I say training for adults, I mean training to get them adequately able to compete with their counterparts from other countries around the globe.

B.O.S.S.: How about the prison service. Would you please look into that as well as this is a shame on the Nigerian human right (though I know you're just the LagosState Governor)

[center]Questions posted doesn't mean they've been to the governor, hahahaha   [/center]  grin
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: THEY ARE ROUNDING UP, CHATROOM JUST GOT ANOTHER PLUG, ALL QUESTIONS POSTED WILL BE SUPPLIED TO THE GOVERNOR SEPERATELY AND WE HOPE TO GET RESPONSES POSTED TO ENOWNOW.COM

@ SkyBlue - there's no live video streaming. We just base it ll on trust to the gov. It's based on the hunches and feelings of the person asking the question. LOL
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
My other questions. . .   embarassed

E) Are you willing to renovate (and I do not mean patch up)/re-build at least 1000 public schools in Lagos state this year 2009. The future of all your developmental work depends on the Education level in that state. Both adults and children alike are in dire need. Are you willing to make such a commitment to the people of Lagos?

[b]F)[/b]Millions of children/adults are in need of education and skills training. That is the only way I see us ending this culture of having expatriates coming in to do jobs that should ordinarily go to people in the community. And when I say training for adults, I mean training to get them adequately able to compete with their counterparts from other countries around the globe. The way I see it, all the development work is null if the people are not adequately able to sculpt their own future in that state.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: WE'D REALLY LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR TAKING PART AND HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED HEARING ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS FROM THE PANEL HERE AT THE ADEYEMI BERO AUDITORIUM AS WELL AS THE RESPONSES TO THE COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FROM HERE
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
17 people in the chatroom. . .  waited 5 hours to make sure I post all my questions. No answer still. WOW!
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2009
Well, my first question wasn't posted and i got no responses. Not too surprised, the whole thing looked badly run. And that is why you don't mix a live press question and answer session with an online one.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2009
admin: THE GOVERNOR IS TAKING QUESTIONS FROM THE PANEL MEMBERS

admin: he is talkign about micro credit programmesm and the need to generate more jobs as tehre are people looking for work where none exists

admin: WE ARE HOPING HE WILL TAKE MORE QUESTIONS FROM THE CHATROOM BUT CAN'T GARUNTEE PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTION

Kobojunkie: Millions of children/adults are in need of education and skills training. That is the only way I see us ending this culture of having expatriates coming in to do jobs that should ordinarily go to people in the community.

Kobojunkie: And when I say training for adults, I mean training to get them adequately able to compete with their counterparts from other countries around the globe.

B.O.S.S.: How about the prison service. Would you please look into that as well as this is a shame on the Nigerian human right (though I know you're just the LagosState Governor)

TextCast: THEY ARE ROUNDING UP, CHATROOM JUST GOT ANOTHER PLUG, ALL QUESTIONS POSTED WILL BE SUPPLIED TO THE GOVERNOR SEPERATELY AND WE HOPE TO GET RESPONSES POSTED TO ENOWNOW.COM

TextCast: WE'D REALLY LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR TAKING PART AND HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED HEARING ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS FROM THE PANEL HERE AT THE ADEYEMI BERO AUDITORIUM AS WELL AS THE RESPONSES TO THE COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FROM HERE

TextCast: WE ARE JUST GOING TO REPOST SOME QUESTIOSN SO WE HAVE THEM FOR THE TRANSCRIP

TextCast: THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Kobojunkie: On the issue of security and CCTV in Lagos, I am still not convinced how, with the current situation that exists in the police force, how CCTV is the solution to the problem. The police force is not only inadequately trained but not adequately compensated. How does installing CCTV help improve security when we have yet to train our forces on what it means to serve as policemen in society?  Technol

YUSSUF: pls your excellency,we the residents of festac town need you to help rehabilitate our roads

B.O.S.S.: Could Fashola say hand to heart, I've changed the standard of living of Lagosians? - Prove it!!!

KRISS: Fashola your 600 days is worthy of ommendations

larry: We realy appreciate every gud things u av been doing in our city of lagos, may almighty God continue blessing u, empowering u n give u more strenght to continue in this great job u av been doing sir. I got no question to ask sir cos u av been doin every things dat pleases us sir.

Sky Blue: With regards to the rail project, what time periods are we looking at with respect tol its actualisation and completion and what or who will be in charge of maintaining and operating such a crucial transport facility?

judeiwuofor@yahoo.com: cant lagos build a gas turbine or INDEPENDENT PLANT and forget nepa like bonny

TextCast: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN CONTINUE TO CHAT IN THE OTHER CHAT ROOMS
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by mustafar1: 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2009
boss can u please ask the questions again. i assume they didnt see it. do they have the fone in number. make i buy call card ask all our questions. grin
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2009
Lol. . . the governor is gone. So far, I can tell you that next to nothing was accomplished on there. No meaningful answers provided and many of the questions were not answered.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2009
They posted the question (that was why I said courtesy you (must_a_phar) in bracket but I guess "His Excellency" dodged it. However, they sais they'll still answer all these unanswered questions and probably publish it publicly, somehow.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 5:16pm On Jan 18, 2009
It's 4:45pm and I've been here since 11:30am, how do I sum it all up - Shambolic waste of my precious time.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2009
you are the one to talk. I have been awake since 5 am looking to get my questions answered.  embarassed

BOO HOO!!! Now  I sit and contemplate what to do next with what is left of my day !! Boohoo hoo!! embarassed
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

you are the one to talk. I have been awake since 5 am looking to get my questions answered. embarassed

BOO HOO!!! Now I sit and contemplate what to do next with my day !! Boohoo hoo!! embarassed
Awwww, what a shame, cheesy
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2009
LOL, you chose to wake up that early to join a media/web discussion session? LOL
I don't think the session was an entire waste of time although the web session could have been co-ordinated much better. You do know how media stuff go with questions coming from everywhere, i really don't know what you guys were expecting. If it was a dedicated web session then that would have been better. I think his stance on the oshodi situation was quite revealing on the direction he is taking to development and i think the response wasn't bad at all and he actually made a good arguement.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2009
out of all responses i saw this was the best one:

TextCast: Oshodi is a sore of this country and the state\

TextCast: and it is one of the first thigns that people see when they come into the country

TextCast: I understand what the people are going through and accept that people need to be compensated

TextCast: now I disagree with your estimate but for the sake of this lets assume it as a benchmark for discussion, the issues of 1500 people

TextCast: are they more than teh issues of a democracy, of an entire state,

TextCast: let us change to 6000 people, lets look at the economic impact of this TextCast: let us say 1 million people

TextCast: Oshodi was taking money from the pocket of other people other Lagosians, who are spending it oon extra fuel on health issues becuae of the traffic issues caused by Oshodi becuae of the traffic issues caused by Oshodi

TextCast: say people have to spend an extra N500 a day then look at that multipled by a million people let alone 6 million people everyday

TextCast: People are moving because fo the traffic to reduce cost fo transportation, people of yanaipija to yaba are movign to ikoyi, people of ikoyi and moving to VIa nd Vi to Lekki

TextCast: there is no long term money in this economy for mortgages, people are not able to buy their own houses.

TextCast: We are developing 7 markets in Lagos, and shops adn stalls will be affordable througha mortgage\

TextCast: I appeal to people to be patient and to wait for us, we will see what we can do to help them to access shops in these new markets

TextCast: hounourable memebrs of the Lagos State House of Assembly, my able colleagues members of the lagos state executive council. members of the permanent secretaries, cahiirmans of local governments who are here present, our royal fathers, present here in large numbers, the Oba of Lagos, his royal majesty, our party leaders, also here in their large numbers, and of course leaders of the

TextCast: Q: There seems to be some thinkign that youa re at loggerheads with teh speaker of the house, and it appears also that you are starvign the hosue of assembly with funds. Your excellency this is an open session Lagosians would want to know are you really workign in ahrmony

TextCast: Fashola: Let me say that in a democracy power is shared, it is shared between the three arms of government

TextCast: The story of humanity is the story of conflict and if teh hosue of assemblya dn teh executive agree all teh time then there will be a major problem ahead

TextCast: and if we look at all of those houses where they are supposedly under control, some people see thigns differetly

TextCast: that is the way of the world

TextCast: there is disagreement between us and the house just as there is disagreement between me and my wife (applause and laughter)

TextCast: but non one comes to sit me and my wife down

TextCast: the budget has performed

TextCast: and therefore I don't think that it is a fair conclusion for anyone to suggest that there is an issues with one arm or another\

TextCast: Fashla: Oil prices are falling, this is a situation where prices are much lower than they have been, the way oil prices are goign int eh market it is a requirement for our economy to be diversified

TextCast: before the discovery of oil the governemtn was funded through taxaton and levies, but when oild was discovered that ended
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2009
I've nnot been ableto properly read through the questions due to my service to humanity (Nairality), I'll go through now and see if I could predict the gov.
hahahaha
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2009
All in all though, I think I could trust this guy. I think he's honest.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2009
Sky Blue:

LOL, you chose to wake up that early to join a media/web discussion session? LOL
I don;t think the session was an entire waste of time although the web session could have been co-ordinated much better. You do know how media stuff go with questions coming from everywhere, i really don;t know what you guys were expecting. If it was a dedicated web session then that would have been better. I think his stance on the oshodi situation was quite revealing on the direction he is taking to development and i think the response wasn;t bad at all.

Oh Please!! I have actually been in many of these sort of chat sessions. Some with politicians like McCain, Clinton and so on. I have even been on in chat with Vin Diesel, Will Smith and many other celebrities and non of them went the way this went.  We are talking of a session with only 17 people in the Chat room. I have been in sessions with over 180 people in chat and still gotten my questions answered. I was on not too long ago on one of these live chat/media sessions with the G4 channel here. I was able to watch the senator answer questions both from callers, the audience and the online community.

I was one of the 180 deperately trying to stay connected to chat and I still got my time.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Oh Please!! I have actually been in many of these sort of chat sessions. Some with politicians like McCain, Clinton and so on. I have even been on in chat with Vin Diesel, Will Smith and many other celebrities and non of them went the way this went. We are talking of a session with only 17 people in the Chat room. I have been in sessions with over 180 people in chat and still gotten my questions answered. I was on not too long ago on one of these live chat/media sessions with the G4 channel here. I was able to watch the senator answer questions both from callers, the audience and the online community.

Good for you  smiley. I personally wasn't expecting much because the web thing looked badly organised to begin with and hence my hesitation to join until you all kept on going on about it. Could have been better handled, that's for sure and i did not get my question answered too. Think a live stream video feed would have been good. Still think it wasn't a complete waste and we don't know what questions were actually asked from the online chat. They kept asing for questions after i had posted my first question which was ignored. The oshodi response was well argued and was quite revealing of the govenor's take on the issue
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Reese1: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2009
Thanks to BOSS, Kobo, and Sky Blue for keeping us posted. smiley I wish some of the questions posted was at least answered though.

Do they know if this is gonna be something that'll happen periodically or is this just a one time thing?
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

[09:55:56] TextCast: (we
[09:55:58] TextCast: WE
[09:56:02] TextCast: WE'LL PUT BOSS'
[09:56:11] TextCast: QUEISTOON FOWARD WHEN WE GET THE CHANCE

what did you do? @B.O.S.S roflmao!!
The gov was trying to dodge so many of my questions so I kept pestering them and that was why they posted that response.  grin

You're welcome Reese1 but I doubt the Q & A thing would happen that often because it's just a trial and error thing on the gov's path and to be honest, I think it'sbeen a success as far as I could say as he didn't really get hit with most of our bombshells.

cheesy
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2009
I was doing the same to the Admin @B.O.S.S lol . Kept pestering him to post my own questions already. I practically dogged the guy for wasting so much time since I was one of the first to post questions, way before the a** kissing ceremony came to an end. grin
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I was doing the same to the Admin @B.O.S.S lol . Kept pestering him to post my own questions already. I practically dogged the guy for wasting so much time since I was one of the first to post questions, way before the a** kissing ceremony came to an end. grin

Eya, you were part of a butt kissing ceremony? Is that something you want to be making public? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan, Nwodo And Governors Celebrate Nigeria At 50 In London / Photos:buhari Dresses In Different Attires To Show Love For National Unity / Inside The Most Dangerous Prison Where Guards Are Afraid To Enter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.