Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday (3668 Views)

Secondary School Students Arrested For Cultism Pictured With Gov Okorocha / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: Oshodi is a sore of this country  and the state\

TextCast: and it is one of the first thigns that people see when they come into the country

TextCast: I understand what the people are going through and accept that people need to be compensated

TextCast: now I disagree with your estimate but for the sake of this lets assume it as a benchmark for discussion, the issues of 1500 people

TextCast: are they more than teh issues of a democracy, of an entire state,

TextCast: let us change to 6000 people, lets look at the economic impact of this TextCast: let us say 1 million people

TextCast: Oshodi was taking money from the pocket of other people other Lagosians, who are spending it oon extra fuel on health issues  becuae of the traffic issues caused by Oshodi  becuae of the traffic issues caused by Oshodi

TextCast: say people have to spend an extra N500 a day then look at that multipled by a million people let alone 6 million people everyday

TextCast: People are moving because fo the traffic to reduce cost fo transportation, people of yanaipija to yaba are movign to ikoyi, people of ikoyi and moving to VIa nd Vi to Lekki

TextCast: there is no long term money in this economy for mortgages, people are not able to buy their own houses.

TextCast: We are developing 7 markets in Lagos, and shops adn stalls will be affordable througha  mortgage\

TextCast: I appeal to people to be patient and to wait for us, we will see what we can do to help them to access shops in these new markets

TextCast: hounourable memebrs of the Lagos State House of Assembly, my able colleagues members of the lagos state executive council. members of the permanent secretaries, cahiirmans of local governments who are here present, our royal fathers, present here in large numbers, the Oba of Lagos, his royal majesty, our party leaders, also here in their large numbers, and of course leaders of the

TextCast: Q: There seems to be some thinkign that youa re at loggerheads with teh speaker of the house, and it appears also that you are starvign the hosue of assembly with funds. Your excellency this is an open session Lagosians would want to know are you really workign in ahrmony

TextCast: Fashola: Let me say that in a democracy power is shared, it is shared between the three arms of government

TextCast: The story of humanity is the story of conflict and if teh hosue of assemblya dn teh executive agree all teh time then there will be a major problem ahead

TextCast: and if we look at all of those houses where they are supposedly under control, some people see thigns differetly

TextCast: that is the way of the world

TextCast: there is disagreement between us and the house just as there is disagreement between me and my wife (applause and laughter)

TextCast: but non one comes to sit me and my wife down

TextCast: the budget has performed

TextCast: and therefore I don't think that it is a fair conclusion for anyone to suggest that there is an issues with one arm or another\

TextCast: Fashla: Oil prices are falling, this is a situation where prices are much lower than they have been, the way oil prices are goign int eh market it is a requirement for our economy to be diversified

TextCast: before the discovery of oil the governemtn was funded through taxaton and levies, but when oild was discovered that ended
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2009
Has your question been asked @B.O.S.S

It is over 35 minutes later and still no sign of mine.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
Dear Sir, how about the jails. Are there plans to renovate them?

TextCast now how much can teh government of lagos state fund with the an allocation fo just 5 billion a month
TextCast all of the infrastructure we need,

TextCast All of the money we have collected at an infrastructural level for ikoyi was spent in ikoyi\ in teh same way the money we collect in other areas goes to other areas
TextCast the alternative is that we wait until we have spare money and then we'll come and do it but that seems unlikely
[b][b][b]TextCast : Q: For people to buy into yoru vision they must know exactly what you want to do
TextCast : Q: How will people know that the infrastructural development levies they pay today will be spent on something
TextCast : Q: What is the startegya dn plan, for you to spend the 50 bllion naira
TextCast : Fashola: I assure you that development infrasturcurtre gives government the relief
TextCast : it gives government the opportunity to spend a little money on those parts fo society that are not in wealthier areas
[b]TextCast : it gives government the opportunity to spend a little money on those parts fo society that are not in wealthier areas
[b]TextCast : If you look back tot eh American electiosn the tax policy was aimed at the middle class not the elites to be fair to them
[b]TextCast : When we pay the police then all of us are collevtively secure, vehicles, waepaons and now cameras
TextCast : WE'LL PUT BOSS'
TextCast : QUEISTOON FOWARD WHEN WE GET THE CHANCE
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
[09:55:56] TextCast: (we
[09:55:58] TextCast: WE
[09:56:02] TextCast: WE'LL PUT BOSS'
[09:56:11] TextCast: QUEISTOON FOWARD WHEN WE GET THE CHANCE

what did you do? @B.O.S.S roflmao!!
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
@B.O.S.S. thanks for keeping us updated with the questions and responses. As you can see, the questions have become more developed and hence warranted more comprehensive answers like in your penultimate post. You could argue that it could have been better, etc, but i really don't know what you were expecting with a media meet and webcast event. I mean come on, be reasonable, how many people do you think are logged on just as you are? LOL
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2009
[b][b][b][b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] [/b] [/b] [/b] : In february the governemtn annoucned it was purchasing 106 busses
[b][b][b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] [/b] [/b] : Fashola: I believe we have purcahsed an additional 100 plus busses, the development of extended corridors will however depend n available space
[b][b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] [/b] : I believe that at this moment we have almost 200 busses ready to deploy and you will see them on some of the major routes, the new routes will be deployed Agege to Osodo and on to Yaba
My Question : How about the ducational sector? There are some schools where the students still sit on the floor in Kosofe Local Government.
Message sent to moderator(s)
[b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] : Q: We all knwo that within teh country there are reformers, it has always been balmed on teh IMF and ther policies for the issues we have here. So we have a problem and suddenly Lagosians are told that the governor will generate a proper economy.
[b]TextCast [/b] : So we Lagosians are worreid about government, it could also be a detachment, no central governemetn from the first president to the current one has been interested in seeing the developmetn of Lagos

TextCast: from electricity to other areas we have been failed
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2009
Sky Blue:

@B.O.S.S. thanks for keeping us updated with the questions and responses. As you can see, the questions have become more developed and hence warranted more comprehensive answers like in your penultimate post. You could argue that it could have been better, etc, but i really don't know what you were expecting with a media meet and webcast event. I mean come on, be reasonable, how many people do you think are logged on just as you are? LOL

Please stop!! if you are not willing to log in to see what we mean then may I suggest you try to take him at his word. There are barely 17 people in here. Yet we are having to wait forever to get our own questions asked. I am on my third now yet NOTHING.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by doyin13(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2009
Kobo Kobo. . . why are you being such a cynic na.

Even in your beloved America and their press conferences, Politicians
deliberately journalists they feel are not on their side.

It is no secret Obama avoids the Washington Times beat reporters
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2009
[b][b][b][b][b]TextCast : if you are able to look at what is happeneing then we are limited only by what we know, we must continue the suggestions of those aroudn us. i have bennefited tremendouly from the wealth of information that has come to us

[b][b][b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] [/b] [/b] : form teh Oba's from captain's f industry adn local government
[b][b][b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] [/b] [/b] : We must create a decision making process that revolves around the people
[b][b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] [/b] : the economy problem is something we cannot resolve ourselves
[b][b]TextCast [/b] [/b] : We are the biggest market in this country, we must see our leadership develop, I say this at a very timely and welcome decision
[b]TextCast [/b] : We are the biggest market in this country, we must see our leadership develop, I say this at a very timely and welcome decision
TextCast : how can we help the poor man
TextCast : if the price of petroleum, diesel, kerosine has gone up
TextCast : why in other prices has it come down adn in our own it has not

@ SkyBlue, you're welcome
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2009
These are the questions I have posted so far. . . 

Governor, I have seen some of the development in the state but I am yet to see the same amount of vigor applied when it comes to dealing with the main problems that has plagued this stated for a long time now. On the deteriorating Education system in the State. Not talking only of the deteriorating state of the public school buildings in the state, but also of the lack of adequately trained teachers  in the schools and lack of supplies for to ensure our children are well educated and able to compete with their counterparts in other countries. I don’t believe the “We” approach is going to fix the system if the government is not willing to work at changing the situation ASAP. What do you intend to do in the area of Education in Lagos this year, and can we hold you to it?

The Freedom of Information Bill has been stalled for years in the National house but, I don’t believe that there is anything in the Lagos State Constitution that prohibits Lagos from enacting a Freedom of Information law at the State Level. A Bill like this will go a long way in checking corruption in the state, long after you are gone as governor. You speak of a democracy, but are you willing to sign such a bill (FOI) in law in Lagos state? 

Governor, could you please explain to us why you found it necessary to put a ban on child hawking during school hours. Now, I understand a complete ban on child hawking, but I don’t understand a ban on child hawking during school hours. Does this in any way help the situation, if yes, please explain.
I would like to understand how such as ban as the one you saw fit to announce in 2008 goes to
1) Helping the children and families who are affected
2) Helps Lagos state as a whole.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: : why in other prices has it come down adn in our own it has not
TextCast: : this has not been explaiend to use, but we need information to be in an informed position about what is going on
TextCast: : The next step is to become teh factory of ideas that will make change a reality
TextCast: : we need to be able to have a budget that will survive without oil
TextCast: I do not knwo the anseers but I assure you we will work at it – honest man (added by B.O.S.S.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR QUESTIOSN PEOPLE THEY ARE GREAT

TextCast: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR QUESTIOSN PEOPLE THEY ARE GREAT

You're welcome and thanks for your time as well.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS COME IN SINCE WE STARTED TEH QUESTIONS ARE BEIGN STORED AND MODERATED READY TO BE PUT TO THE GOVERNOR
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS COME IN SINCE WE STARTED TEH QUESTIONS ARE BEIGN STORED AND MODERATED READY TO BE PUT TO THE GOVERNOR
TextCast: THEY WILL BE TAKING QUESTIOSN FROM THE CHATROOM VERY SOON
TextCast: Q: We have been moniting the relatinship between the Lagos state governmetn and the federal govermetn adn it has never been good, until now
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2009
finally!!
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by mustafar1: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2009
kobo na turn by turn, papa God don make he reach our turn.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: THEY WILL BE TAKING QUESTIOSN FROM THE CHATROOM VERY SOON
TextCast: Q: We have been moniting the relatinship between the Lagos state governmetn and the federal govermetn adn it has never been good, until now
TextCast: If not it is the people who will suffer
TextCast: Q: have you ever ocnsider dleavin gyour party for PDP
TextCast: Fashola: I have always siad that I owe the trust and mandate of the leaders of AC and secondly PDP has not offered any ideas on how to move this country forward
TextCast: What is the ideology of PDP
TextCast: all we have ever heard is that they want power, power without purpose is jsut power
TextCast: it is pointless
TextCast: As for my party let me say for the record and for this audience, if ever the AC fails in this then I will resign and stand as an indpendent man
My Question: Dear Sir, how about th reformation of the terrible state of our prison. Have you thought about it?
B.O.S.S.: Dear Sir, there are millions of Lagosians living from hand to mouth. Why are you wasting money on CCTV?
illuminati: ill like to ask what the government is planning to do about the state of houses landlords let out,some houses not having a funcioning bathroom yet the landlords dont do anything about it,regular renovations e.t.c
TextCast: we are now taking some questions from the internet
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2009
I posted my first two questions over an hour ago. lol

Why I no go yari? lol

uumm. . . is the session over or something??
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2009
B.O.S.S.: Dear Sir, there are millions of Lagosians living from hand to mouth. Why are you wasting money on CCTV?

illuminati: ill like to ask what the government is planning to do about the state of houses landlords let out,some houses not having a funcioning bathroom yet the landlords dont do anything about it,regular renovations e.t.c

Wales Ajao: Dear Gov; we just luv ur administration and pray that God wont allow you to fail

Kobojunkie: The Freedom of Information Bill has been stalled for years in the National house but, I don’t believe that there is anything in the Lagos State Constitution that prohibits Lagos from enacting a Freedom of Information law at the State Level. A Bill like this will go a long way in checking corruption in the state, long before you are gone as governor. You speak of a democracy, but are you willing to

[center]Questions from the internet so far, the gov hasn't yet responded.[/center]
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: Fashola, thank you Wale
TextCast: the governor has jyust been askec about cctv]
TextCast: fashola: I don;t agree that we are wasting money on CCTv
TextCast: the biggest challagnes apart form transport are security
TextCast: : We have inadequate number of police officer
TextCast: : for 6 million people
TextCast: : In any event the number of cameras we are putting in will not all be funded by Lagos State gov
TextCast: : we will be providing cameras for anyone, the supplier will install the equipment adn connect someone to teh database
TextCast: : using technology to improve thes security
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2009
Though he called me Wale above, my name is not Wale. My name is B.O.S.S.

grin
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: The freedom of information bill has been stalled for years in teh national hosue but I don't beleive that there is anything in teh lagos state consitution that prohubtis Lagos from enacting a freedom of informations tate law

TextCast: A bill like this will go a long way towards stopping corruption in the state and last well past yourself
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: The freedom of information bill has been stalled for years in teh national hosue but I don't beleive that there is anything in teh lagos state consitution that prohubtis Lagos from enacting a freedom of informations tate law

TextCast: A bill like this will go a long way towards stopping corruption in the state and last well past yourself

TextCast: Fashola: as far as I am aware there is nothing that stops Lagos State from doing it

TextCast: We are taking a question from the telephone now

TextCast: we hope that we will get more questions
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2009
MY question was not posted right embarassed
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2009
yea, I thought you didn't finish it,
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2009

TextCast: fashola: (In answer to the quesiton on ladnlords): The landlords bill provides some aspects of standards and requriements, however it is the requirement of individuals to have contracts with their landlords and for the courts to enforce these

TextCast: THEY ARE TAKING A QUESTION FROM THE ROOM

Falola: We thank you for rehabilitating the roads in Yaba especially for the quality of jobs. But the contrctors have no respect for the people of this area. 1st it is taking them too long and they block acess roads to places in Yaba and Ebute-Metta without any respect, warning or time frame and it causes a lot of discomfort. We  enjoin the governor to do something about it

Wales Ajao: Meaningful Lagosians are in the sub-burbs, mainlands and we can't afford to plan megacity for Lekki, V/I and environ alone
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2009
Here again are the questions I have posted so far,

A)
Governor, I have seen some of the development in the state but I am yet to see the same amount of vigor applied when it comes to dealing with the main problems that has plagued this stated for a long time now. On the deteriorating Education system in the State. Not talking only of the deteriorating state of the public school buildings in the state, but also of the lack of adequately trained teachers  in the schools and lack of supplies for to ensure our children are well educated and able to compete with their counterparts in other countries. I don’t believe the “We” approach is going to fix the system if the government is not willing to work at changing the situation ASAP. What do you intend to do in the area of Education in Lagos this year, and can we hold you to it?

B)
The Freedom of Information Bill has been stalled for years in the National house but, I don’t believe that there is anything in the Lagos State Constitution that prohibits Lagos from enacting a Freedom of Information law at the State Level. A Bill like this will go a long way in checking corruption in the state, long after you are gone as governor. You speak of a democracy, but are you willing to sign such a bill (FOI) in to law in Lagos state?  

C)
Governor, could you please explain to us why you found it necessary to put a ban on child hawking during school hours. Now, I understand a complete ban on child hawking, but I don’t understand a ban on child hawking during school hours. Does this in any way help the situation, if yes, please explain.
I would like to understand how such as ban as the one you saw fit to announce in 2008 goes to
1) Helping the children and families who are affected
2) Helps Lagos state as a whole.

D)
On the issue of security and CCTV in Lagos, I am still not convinced how, with the current situation that exists in the police force, how CCTV is the solution to the problem. The police force is not only inadequately trained but not adequately compensated. How does installing CCTV help improve security when we have yet to train our forces on what it means to serve as policemen in society?  Technology can work to help but it only works as well as the human factor. If the condition in the police force remains as it is, does adding cameras really change the situation?

Not a single one answered so far!
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2009

TextCast: fashola: (In answer to the quesiton on ladnlords): The landlords bill provides some aspects of standards and requriements, however it is the requirement of individuals to have contracts with their landlords and for the courts to enforce these

TextCast: THEY ARE TAKING A QUESTION FROM THE ROOM

Falola: We thank you for rehabilitating the roads in Yaba especially for the quality of jobs. But the contrctors have no respect for the people of this area. 1st it is taking them too long and they block acess roads to places in Yaba and Ebute-Metta without any respect, warning or time frame and it causes a lot of discomfort. We  enjoin the governor to do something about it

Wales Ajao: Meaningful Lagosians are in the sub-burbs, mainlands and we can't afford to plan megacity for Lekki, V/I and environ alone
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2009
juliet: i was on the traffic jam and i saw someone getting robbed i thought i was watching a movie, two guys with guns appoarched the window of the car directly infront of me, it happened the same vi-epe road . after the lekki roundabout

judeiwuofor@yahoo.com: we also need to improve in water transportation in that way we can ease traffic congestion

Wales Ajao: What development plan- Megacity do you have for Ikorodu, and other Mainlands
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by SkyBlue1: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2009
@Kobo for what its worth i hope your questions do get answered because they seem like ones that can incite more comprehensive and revealing answers. They may be quite long though. I shortened my initial question and posted it, still waiting for a response. It seems they are going for the most concise questions (does make sense i guess).
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by oderemo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2009
the same governor planning to install cctv  in  lagos, megacity , etc. i am still waiting for answ.
Re: Subject: Chat Live With Gov. Fashola - This Sunday by BOSS7: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2009
TextCast: JUST WANTED TO ADD SOMETHING THAT HIS EXCELLENCY SAID ABOUT THE CCTV CAMERAS THAT I DIDN'T GET TIME TO TYPE

juliet: could the demolision of illegal structure be extended to other parts of the state and could lasma remove all abandoned vehicles abstructing traffic there are places in this state that certain vehicles have been dumped for years

TextCast: Falola: We thank you for rehabilitating the roads in Yaba especially for the quality of jobs. But the contrctors have no respect for the people of this area. 1st it is taking them too long and they block acess roads to places in Yaba and Ebute-Metta without any respect, warning or time frame and it causes a lot of discomfort. We  enjoin the governor to do something about it

Kobojunkie: I don’t believe the “We” approach is going to fix the system if the government is not willing to work at changing the situation ASAP. What do you intend to do in the area of Education in Lagos this year, and can we hold you to it?
NICE ONE - TEL EM KOBO -  grin

TextCast: WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE QUESTIONS CHATROOM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bloodshed Will Occur In Nigeria On January 25--prophet Okafor Predicts / BREAKING: President Jonathan To Address The Nation By 7am Today / Check Out The Official Portrait Of Governor Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.