Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (39920 Views)

Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by kaboninc(m): 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Teach you What?

When you become a teacher....

What do you want to teashh?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
kaboninc:

When you become a teacher....

What do you want to teashh?

Mathematics
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by kaboninc(m): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Mathematics

That's my favourite subject......

Was that your first degree course?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Ewuro4: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
shinejackie:
Endless back and forth argument, what works 4A might not work 4B, choose what works for ur family, stick to it and have peace of mind, to each is own......Kapish undecided

Kapish ma'am grin
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ewuro4:

Kapish ma'am grin

Exactly!!! cool
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by EfemenaXY: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
bukatyne:

First and foremost, Mrs. Bukky detests working in a bank tongue I see it as modern day slavery So it is actually out of it.

Since the last child is a pre-term, creche would not work for now and my mom is working.

1a. Mrs. BUKKY wants to be a lecturer So would further her education (do a dull time masters + PhD at a stretch If possible )

b. Mrs. Bukky is also playing with catering So If her masters is not possible, she can start catering on a very small scale and grow.

2. Mrs. Bukky also likes to write So she will write for columns and finish up her book.

3. Mrs. Bukky also like to mentor youths especially girls and will organize programs around that (like to teach, really enjoyed teaching during service, even organized might classes)

I answered based on who I am really am.

I cannot stay with the pre-term alone at home all day. I will break down mentally.

That's me.

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed response to this Bukky - much appreciated.

Okay, you've mention 3-4 hefty things that Mrs B. would be doing. Each one on it's own is a massive task that will take a lot of dedication, hardwork, and commitment, in order for success to be achieved. I noticed however that there was no mention of the kids.

Who would be looking after all three of them while Mrs B. decides to tackle one or some of those listed tasks above simultaneously? Remember that Mr B. would hardly be around and when he does return home late at night, he would most likely be bone-tired and wouldn't appreciate having the 3 kids thrust on him.

Would Mrs B. be brreastfeeding the pre-term baby exclusively or not?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Ewuro4: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
shinejackie:

Exactly!!! cool

Ya cool
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dis place don turn chatroom
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed response to this Bukky - much appreciated.

Okay, you've mention 3-4 hefty things that Mrs B. would be doing. Each one on it's own is a massive task that will take a lot of dedication, hardwork, and commitment, in order for success to be achieved. I noticed however that there was no mention of the kids.

Who would be looking after all three of them while Mrs B. decides to tackle one or some of those listed tasks above simultaneously? Remember that Mr B. would hardly be around and when he does return home late at night, he would most likely be bone-tired and wouldn't appreciate having the 3 kids thrust on him.

Would Mrs B. be brreastfeeding the pre-term baby exclusively or not?

You asked about work and I answered based on that

I also have not said I will do all of them at once... It is not realistic.

@ I will do baby friendly for 6mths.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by EfemenaXY: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
bukatyne:

You asked about work and I answered based on that

I also have not said I will do all of them at once... It is not realistic.

@ I will do baby friendly for 6mths.

Okay.

You've listed the things Mrs B would like to do, but you still haven't answered the question as to how she'll achieve that desire with three very young and needy kids in tow.

And as per your last statement, if you can't be alone with the pre-term child, who will? undecided undecided Will hubby have to find his way back home during his lunch break? undecided undecided

Sorry to ask but what's "baby friendly"?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Okay.

You've listed the things Mrs B would like to do, but you still haven't answered the question as to how she'll achieve that desire with three very young and needy kids in tow.

And as per your last statement, if you can't be alone with the pre-term child, who will? undecided undecided Will hubby have to find his way back home during his lunch break? undecided undecided

Sorry to ask but what's "baby friendly"?

Exclusive breastfeeding

I didn't mention anything about staying with the pre-term here.

I am assuming the wife is staying at home and she is doing things around that time.

Like you said earlier, a stay at home mom does not necessarily cater to the kids 2 4 7 and she can work stuffs around it.

And as I said, she doesn't plan to do it all concurrently and the kids grow as she does.

Each of us to our own.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by damiso(f): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
bukatyne:

I never said SAHM s are idle and never will

I believe a woman can combine staying at home with something else.

My opinion.

You are right and I agree with you because I am like that as well. BUT the only reason I why I typed that post was some other women are not.Some people are not great multi taskers and can only ever really do one thing (very well) at a time.Does not mean I or those who can are necessarily better people. Hence my 'captainsavetheSAHM' stance sometimes on NL grin grin. You are right though everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Like others have said and the EOD of all NL discussions grin wink 'each to his own' lets all do what will work for us and our individual families..I just type these long epistles cos we women tend to look down on other women who made decisions that we might not necessarily have made even though we have not walked in their shoes.

We even have some SAHM who believe they are better mums than working mums not stopping to think not every one can afford to live on one income. It's not a either or thing for me its many shades of grey.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Sunnypar(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
7 REASONS WHY YOU ARE NOT
GOING TO GET MARRIED
1) You have TRUST ISSUES, you
claim you have been hurt before,
and so it's difficult for you
trusting someone else again.
Well unless you go for
Counselling, just like you believe,
IT WILL ALWAYS BE DIFFICULT
FOR YOU TRUSTING ANYONE, and
sincerely speaking, without trust
a Relationship or Marriage can
NEVER survive.
2) You grew up in the midst of
FAMILY SECRETS, and had to tell a
lot of lies to cover up perceived
shame. And now you have
become a Pathological liar. Even
you are amazed at how you
can't say anything without
telling a lie. You want to tell the
Truth, but it is foreign to you.
Without Truth, you can't build a
lasting Relationship or Marriage.
Someday, EVERY LIE you have
told will come to light, and you
will be found out to be a
STRANGER, anyone and everyone
should run away from. Why
don't you seek Counselling.
3) People say you are Proud, but
don't know that it's because you
have a Complex. You have done
a good job exhibiting a
Superiority Complex to keep
people from coming closer to
you, because if they do, you
don't believe they will truly like
you as you are. Even you don't
like yourself, and that attitude
may be tough in a Relationship
or Marriage, because it takes a
person who loves and accepts
himself to love and accept
others. So with the help of an
expert, run a Personal Check on
yourself to have a very good
understanding of your
Personality, and how to make it
work for you.
4) You are NEVER wrong. As far
as you are concerned, you
believe you are the Seat Of
Wisdom. And so everybody
knows you are ready to argue
about anything and everything,
because you just have to be
right, while everybody else is
wrong. The way you get Angry is
also alarming. Haven't you
noticed that people are always
eager to stay away from you?
Now that won't work in a
Relationship or Marriage,
because it's only those who
prefer someone else to
themselves and are ready to
make the other person take the
shine, that relationship and
marriage works for.
5) You are Self-Serving and
Selfish. You always do things for
YOURSELF, and have no one else
in mind. So you cheat because
even though you are getting
80% of what you need from
your friend, you take it for
granted and go in Search of the
20% you think you are not
getting, but need from someone
else, and eventually lose the
Diamond in your possession
while going after Glitter.
Marriage only looks good on
those who put the other person
first and into consideration,
before they consider themselves.
6) There is a hole in your heart,
and no matter how many people
try to love you, you cannot
receive love. You drink, smoke,
and have sex with anything and
anyone. Commitment is difficult
for you. You are not even
committed to yourself, not to
talk of another Person.
Unfortunately for you, Marriage
requires TOTAL COMMITMENT or
nothing else. Get Counselling,
find out the root cause and deal
with it.
7) You have No Relationship
with God. Really? So why do you
want to get married? Don't you
know Marriage was instituted by
God. YOU NEED A RELATIONSHIP
WITH GOD IF YOU WANT TO GET
MARRIED AND STAY MARRIED!
But Jerome, I don't agree with
you, I have some of these flaws
and I am married today.
Really? Do you think having a
Wedding is the same thing as
Getting Married? I know you had
a big wedding, but ARE YOU
MARRIED?
Consultation with Jerome is not
free.
Whatsapp +2348037194335
SOUNDmind 2AFF30BF
jerome@jeromeis talking.org
08053JEROME.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by pashaun(f): 9:04am On Feb 10, 2016
Patriarchy

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Pap For Babies / The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / My Lover Owns The Twins Not You – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.