Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (36891 Views)

Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by obontami: 10:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
yankee
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by dotcomnamename: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
1k001:

Lived in Dublin for a while, unlikely i'll ever go back! Why:

[s]- Cold depressing weather, rains for 2 weeks straight and i'm not even exaggerating.

- Only superficially friendly people especially if you're a teetotaler.

- Institutional and overt discrimination, an African once changed the name on his CV to a white name and got far more call backs.

- Expensive city to live in.

- 'Knackers', trust me, you don't want to come across the[/s]m.

The list goes on. But so as not to sound too negative i'll also list some positives:

- Beautiful country scenery, plenty of history

- Good educational system and opportunity to get great working experience

- Reasonably good support for children and families

Hit it off with the right people and you can have some great moments

Continue your lies

[size=15pt]March 2015, How Ireland developed the EU's fastest growing economy[/size]

CNN http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/03/13/qmb-ireland-pm-enda-kenny-intv.cnn

[size=15pt]Ireland retains crown as fastest-growing EU economy [/size]

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/05/ireland-fastest-growing-eu-economy

[size=15pt]Ireland Raises A Glass To Economic Recovery[/size]

http://news.sky.com/story/1444877/ireland-raises-a-glass-to-economic-recovery

Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
Yankee New York is my home
Canada Ontario
Australia or Norway
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by 1k001(m): 12:25am On Aug 15, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Continue your lies
[size=15pt]March 2015, How Ireland developed the EU's fastest growing economy[/size]
CNN http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/03/13/qmb-ireland-pm-enda-kenny-intv.cnn

You haven't debunked any of my reasons, if anything, the links you provided support them.

Why did Ireland need a bailout in the first instance? They did because the economy totally tanked and is likely to do so again.

It's of course easy to be the fastest growing economy in Europe when mainland Europe is still going through tough economic conditions. That one is first in a race of snails doesn't make it that awesome.

I hope with all this economic recovery the government will finally pay me the wages they owe me, yes that's right, the Irish govt didn't pay my wages for hours i put in legitimately. To make matters worse they levied a crazy universal social charge that ultimately went to pay unsecured bond holders who were burned with the economy going down. In essence robbing the poor to pay the rich.

Don't get me started on Ireland please. Like i said, it can be a great place but it clearly has plenty of flaws.

- Yes the weather is still depressing
- Yes there is institutional racism
- Yes it can be hard to cultivate deep meaningful relationships as a teetotaler
- Yes it is expensive
- and yes the city has plenty of junkie riff raffs who live off the taxpayer in free housing

PS - I lived in Ireland for close to a decade, traveled to virtually every county within it and related with thousands of natives and expats, so I kinda have a great deal of insight.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by 1k001(m): 12:28am On Aug 15, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Continue your lies

This is a verbatim quote from the guardian article link you provided:

'Ireland’s debt-to-GDP ratio remains one of the highest in the EU at 115%, unemployment is in double digits and prime minister Enda Kenny has described the recovery as fragile in recent speeches'

Also the growth rate is predicted at 3.5%, Nigeria's is virtually double that!

Please do a bit more work before you accuse anyone of lies with links that actually back said lies
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by uchman(m): 2:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Ladycloud:
wanna migrate to dubai... wantu chop arab money

Please don't even think of coming to this place cos you are too beautiful to withstand the stress here in Dubai...
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by cutieme(m): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2015
uchman:

Please don't even think of coming to this place cos you are too beautiful to withstand the stress here in Dubai...
@uchman,u Don go dubai?I think say na Benin republic u dey o
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by uchman(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2015
cutieme:
@uchman,u Don go dubai?I think say na Benin republic u dey o

I won't say you are far from the truth cos Benin Republic might be better than here ooo
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by cutieme(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2015
uchman:

I won't say you are far from the truth cos Benin Republic might be better than here ooo
how do u mean bro?Please tell us more before we come there too o
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by Ladycloud(f): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
uchman:

......lol... life is stress..
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Continue your lies

Lol, them say make animals wey get horn come out, snail sef de come out cheesy The only thing you will enjoy in Ireland is the ease of language, since you wont have to learn it thus, feeling somewhat at home even in the midst of economic crisis.

And how does your link debunk what 1k001 said? if not anything, you are proving his point. links are just links, but in reality, present day Ireland is one big joke of a country. Na person wey never comot from naija you go impress with links. Seems like you rely on this links to massage your ego that you are living in a fascinating country grin

At the end of the day, even if Ireland become as rich as the USA or China, it doenst overrule the fact that the people are superficial, racist, trashy weather and boring. cool

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by 4stylz: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2015
Olutola88:
I don't wanna leave Nigeria until I make it here. I'll just visit those places on vacations, conferences, seminars...

Not everybody want to live in nigeria; no good standard of life in 9ja
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by sanmibukunmi: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
Australia or new Zealand......cos I wana get as far away as possible from Nigeria. Am not sure but I fink those two countries are the furthest from Nigeria....but I won't mind south Korea Norway,Canada or Finland.....
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by ufoskomo: 2:28am On Oct 31, 2015
dahonestboss:

Lol, them say make animals wey get horn come out, snail sef de come out cheesy The only thing you will enjoy in Ireland is the ease of language, since you wont have to learn it thus, feeling somewhat at home even in the midst of economic crisis.

And how does your link debunk what 1k001 said? if not anything, you are proving his point. links are just links, but in reality, present day Ireland is one big joke of a country. Na person wey never comot from naija you go impress with links. Seems like you rely on this links to massage your ego that you are living in a fascinating country grin

At the end of the day, even if Ireland become as rich as the USA or China, it doenst overrule the fact that the people are superficial, racist, trashy weather and boring. cool
Ireland is a very boring country am moving back to Austria
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by drt: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2015
ok
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by Royat1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
bayocanny:
Ireland, dublin precisely
To those who are aiming to travel to australia, it a very nice place u can be working while schooling their wages is very high, especially if u apply for postgraduate study your full scholarship sure pass, I have a friend overthere who is schooling and his doing very well. There are also a lot of city u canmeet a lot of nigerians overthere cities like, perth, sydney, brisbane, melbourne they are very nice place
okay, you mean if i want to do my masters of business administration I will be able to get a full scholarship In Australia. I am a graduate of banking and finance with a CGPA of 4.3 from a state uni. can you give me list of universities that give full scholarship to international students in Australia
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by 1k001(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
As for me, New Zealand all the way... smiley

NZ is a great place if you can stand the distance. It is also quite expensive so you must have a good job to be comfortable.
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by Ejowvoke(m): 8:03am On Nov 01, 2015
Finland has been in my mind for long, can someone tell me how to start life there when one newly arrive?
Re: Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
BERNHARDT:
WHY NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT GERMANY? THE BACKBONE OF EUROPEAN UNION,OR ARE YOU GUYS AFRAID OF LEARNING DEUTSCH? grin grin

I dream of studying nuclear physics in germany, and likely become a german citizen, i love the country because in any thing positive, they are always the best or among the best, eg. Economy,, technology,, football,, etc. I would like to study the medical aspect of nuclear physics and discover new ways to harness energy and use them well, I strongly believe that God is in support of my dreams and sooner than later i will achieve,, i just need d slightest opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visit To The BEACHSIDES Of The West Coast (pacific Ocean) Of The US. / Adeola Ogunmola Becomes The First Female Pilot To Fly Qatar Air To Abuja / Pictures Of Enugu's T-junction Flyover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.