Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan (75669 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by truefact: 5:37am On Mar 27, 2015
size40:
GEJ's ambition has damaged Nigeria greatly
Is it GEJ who told Hausa to kill people? Myopic fool

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ignis: 5:45am On Mar 27, 2015
EggovinMma:
shocked.
This election no go easy!
Please learn to speak positive things. ..
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by knightsTempler: 5:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Any country that doesn't have freedom of speech in the internet age is a country held together by a weak glue that will erode and give way over time. It may be a long time, but it will happen.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 27, 2015
ignis:

Please learn to speak positive things. ..

And was that a negative thing I said. Please learn to be a realist!
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by quixotic: 6:58am On Mar 27, 2015
trash. Who did the arsonists tell it was because of oyedepo's endorsement?and when did oyedepo endorse jonathan?and why now 6days later. Why didn't winners chapel release a statement instead of this interlopper, Are these people not tired of whipping up religious sentiments for the sake of politics?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Faraidi(m): 7:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
A branch of the Living Faith Church, popularly called the Winners Chapel, in Giwa, headquarters of Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State, has been set ablaze.

The church, founded by Bishop David Oyedepo, was reportedly set ablaze by two unidentified arsonists.

During the incident that happened on March 20, 2015 at about 2:30pm, nothing was saved from the church.

The burning of the church came a few months after the reported endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan by Oyedepo.

A terse statement issued on Thursday in Abuja by the President of Tarayyar Masihiyawan Nijeria (Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri Christians), General Ishaku Ahmed Dikko (rtd), and the Director of National Issues of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Sunny Oibe, entitled: “Presidential Elections 2015: Signs of what to expect,” called on security agencies to act fast to avoid violence in the area.

According to Dikko and Oibe, the Christians in the North, particularly the Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri speaking Christians, who are indigenous in these states and live within and among their kith and kin, “are in serious jeopardy”.

The statement reads in full: “Giwa is the Headquarters of Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State. On Friday, 20 March, 2015 at about 2:30 pm, two (2) unknown hoodlums on a motorcycle drove into the premises of Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel) and set it ablaze.

“The Church was razed to the ground and nothing was saved from the Church including the building. This action surprised the Christian Community especially the Church members, as there was no tension or any sign of it between Christians and Muslims in the town.

“It is, however, a known fact that the people of the Local Government have not been friendly with the Christian Community even though over 90 percent of them are of the same Huasa-Fulani indigenes.

“The incident actually became more worrisome when no effort was made by a passersby to assist in putting out the fire. In fact, it was a Fulani herdsman that saw the fire and reported to the Police Station. Only one Policeman and a Christian volunteer that ran to the scene and attempted to put out the fire but of course could not achieve anything.

“This situation and the circumstances surrounding the incidence are a cause of serious concern. If this can happen more than a week to the Presidential Elections, what shall we expect during or after the elections? Is this a sign of what to expect or a dress rehearsal of a repeat of 2011 Post – Election Violence? This is a wakeup call to the Federal, State and Local Government Authorities,especially the Security Agencies.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/26/oyedepos-church-winners-chapel-burnt-down-over-purported-support-for-jonathan/
APC will never change.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by oluspencer(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2015
I'm a Christian and a CAC member but sincerely we Christians have a way or provoking people into violence and we will start shouting. I'm not new to it because they practices it in my home. This is a general election for the country and not for any religious body to divide Nigeria. Why will CAN come out and tell us they are endorsing Jonathan and CAN south east saying they are supporting buhari. They are suppose to preach about God and not politicians. Sincerely any pastor who endorses a politician is suppose to be burnt because he is a scammed who lobbying for stolen money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Bonapart(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2015
Islam at it again.....
God will punish anybody that will say we the christians and Muslims are serving the same God.
They serve allah and my service is for God.
Mind you God and allah are not the same.
And their fake book they wrote 10,000 that support killing and violence

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 7:52am On Mar 27, 2015
Change2015:

Are you finished with the lies?

#change
#GMB
#APC
What lies... Accept it, you guys are blood thirsty savages!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by olumite2014(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2015
That is not a news, the church has make a lot from the president even enouch to build branches all over the world.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 27, 2015
U see islam
Ya see apc
Ya see buhari
Say no to fake change
Say yes to jonathan
Say yes to transformation
As ya vote for transformation may ya life be transformed and vice versa

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by msmon(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2015
Can u imagine? If this happen before a vote has been casted, I wander what will happen IF Jonathan is announced as winner. Mtcheew!

INEC's Voter Education - Election Accreditation And Voting Procedure
www.nairaland.com/2219758/inecs-voter-education-election-accreditation
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2015
It is already happening and they said we shouldn't use soldiers. And when chaos erupts, they still blame the president for not handling the situation.
Why is it that buhari is so synonymous with violence. He has not caused anytin positive to happen in Nigeria. But goes about inciting people. Even our brothers in the south west have been radicalized. They now threaten everybody with a dissenting views.
Jonathan is the president and you can insult him and go to bed with your two eyes closed. To me, that is the height of democracy. Buhari is not yet the president and people are already afraid to criticize him. Online and offline, people are being threatened for supporting jonathan Believe me If this people get to power, they will gag the press and free speech. Political assasinations will return to our political culture.

After evaluating and observing the character of APC supporters. I came to categorize them thus...

1. The RADICALIZED(boko haram) supporters: this category of supporters are very violent, even with words. They attack anyone that Is against their candidate with so much verbal force you would wonder what they would have done if it was a physical interaction. This category represent a menace and a threat to our society. They would kill and cause mayhem in the name of buhari. I think the department of state security should be on the look out for them. They can be compared to the brainwashed boko haram terriorists in the north.

2. The moderate supporters: this category are less abusive. They attack the current government based on sectors they haven't really performed. Most in this category are very reasonable Nigerians. They are tired of 16 years of pdp and they simply want change. They want political change and forget structural change. Most simply want change for change sake.

3. The crowd mentality(follow-follow) supporters: the people in this category are just pathetic. They support buhari cos that seems to be the trend. They don't have a mind of their own and they have a poor grasp of thev real issues. They support buhari cos most of their friends, relatives e.t.c support buhari. You identify them by their posts and comments on nairaland. They simply don't understand anything. They just post stuffs like sai baba. Wemarchforbuhari and the likes. They just don't have anything to contribute.

Change my foot. I know true change when I see one.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Bonapart(m): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2015
truefact:

Is it GEJ who told Hausa to kill people? Myopic fool
calling that neeger a fool is an insult on fools...
That neeger is worse than a fool
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by dubbiskelly(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2015
tchidi:
Ehmmm... are you sure I shouldn't leave here to somewhere a Lil safer? undecided undecided

I already have.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by mcksquare(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2015
EggovinMma:
shocked.
This election no go easy!

I can only imagine ooo
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2015
God will punish them per seconds billing
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by babestella: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2015
size40:
GEJ's ambition has damaged Nigeria greatly

No, it is Buhari and Tinubu (muslims) over ambition that has killed NIGERIA and NIGERIANS.

Burning a church in the name of politics is abominable. I hope the Christians in Kaduna will get ready to defend their families and fight any blood sucking urchin who tries to attack them.

APC will lose in Kaduna, El Rufai the bigot will fail in this election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by mcksquare(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
EggovinMma:

And was that a negative thing I said. Please learn to be a realist!

.....Let face the fact...Notin personal this is not the heat we ever hoped for !!

I pray for God's intervention.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Yinkagbo(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
This message is directed to all peace loving Nigerians. There is something about that word "Sai-Buhari."

At the shout of that name; all sane Nigerians become insane, blood pressures rise; tentacles grow from the skull; and teeth begin to gnash!

Stay safe Nigerians! Sai Buhari is synonymous to VIOLENCE; wherever & whenever that name is called; what follows is VIOLENCE.

Nairaland was peaceful until we started seeing these words; Lagos was peaceful until "SAI BUHARI"

Do you even know the main activator of the 2011 post election violence? Fellow Nigerians, watch the video on YouTube and tell me what you hear!

We've seen people destroying banners and simultaneously chanting "SAI-BUHARI." That name give them the energy and tenacity to kill, steal and destroy.

"SAI-BUHARI" will result to loss of lives on Saturday, 28th. When you hear that name; grab your voter card and run for your dear life.

Acidosis

Unintelligent writeup

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nazacent: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Have they started already? They couldn't wait to see GEJ declared winner. What they are known for VIOLENCE!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
mcksquare:

I can only imagine ooo

The polity is getting hot by the seconds.God save us!
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by chidiebere2020(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
This is bokoharamic blood flawin in the north

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Abayor7: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
who get fork? I wan chop indomie!
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Smartlife:
A re-election bid too costly
If President Jonathan could desperately spend so much money, because of a second term bid, then you can realise how powerful you are! How powerful is your right to vote! Your Permanent Voters card is very powerful! Vote out poverty and black out with your PVCs!
#6~ 7 Billion for Pastors
#50 million each for Obas (20) =1 Billion.
#150 million for OPC and MASSOB
#250 million for Nollywood celebrities and artistes.
#100 million for News agencies e.g (Media Houses)
#2 Billion for other political parties i.e YDM,PDM,APGA,La
bour party&accord party
#200 million for ethnic socio-political groups i.e
Afenifere, Ohaneze ndigbo, northern governor's forum.......
TOTAL: #9.7 Billion
Do you know how many roads this amount would construct
in Nigeria today?
Do you know how many good schools this amount would
have built?
Do you know how many Megawatts of electricity this
amount would have generated?
Do you know how much adequate security this amount
would have provided?
Do you know how many hungry people who live on less
than $1 per day in Nigeria this amount would have fed?
Do you know how much Employment this amount would
have generated?
Yet they bring it to you just so they can
bribe you to vote for them. Had they use the money for theA
right things that we can see they wouldn't need to bribe us
to vote for them!

Change is here sai buhari
And u didn't hear Tinubu spent over 200billion naira already,hypocrites!
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by phreakabit(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
[size=18pt]I am made to understand this was done by Pro-APC Buhari supporters. . . Is this rue?[/size] shocked
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by focus7: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2015
PDP propaganda. Those that burn down the place did they carry the placard of APC, and what is the proof that the support for Jonathan is the reason for it?
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by horlabiyi(m): 8:00am On Mar 27, 2015
The Old Mallam Should Call his Boys To Order You've Started Repeat What They Did In 2011.

#SayNoToTheCertificate-Less Cattle Rearer
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by osebe: 8:00am On Mar 27, 2015
They have started their violence.APC should know that the world is not big enough to accommodate Nigerian refugees oo.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Brightology2(m): 8:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Thunder fire u.goat.boko haram
Dharniel:

i guez U one of 'em thugz, U telim me i'm cursed z veri pitiful, knw ur type plenti. jez go live wif ursef...
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Don't relay on NL news........most times, nah old gist dem dey gee us.

grin

eye4eye:
And this happened six days ago? Why are we just hearing this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine / Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.