Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan (75695 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by successhunter: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2015
Laid2001:
I went to the website link of daily post that carried the story. This STORY IS A SCAM!!!

1. The incident happened a week ago and the news was only carried yesterday!!!!
2. There is no curroborative news agency that carried the news!!
3. Only the purported press release was cited by the news paper!

This seems as a calculated attempt by some simpatisers of GEJ towin CHristians vote for him, especially linking the so called incident to the support of GEJ by Oyedepo!.

There was no evidence in the report apart from "it is rumoured" to link the supposedincident to politics or even religion.

Lat but not the list, There was NO PICTURE of the incident as it happend. Or were they telling us that the church got burnt out of existence and no body, not even a passers by could take a picture whil it was on!!!

They could gather sympathy from gullible Nigerian.
And funny thing is that the so called educated ones fall so easily.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2015
QURAN 9:30 the Jews and
Christians are perverts, fight them
Quran (8:65)-"O prophet, exhort the
believers to fight..."
QURAN 3:28 Moslems must not take
infidels as friends
QURAN 5:33 Maim crucify the
infidels if they criticise Islam
QURAN 8:12 Terrorise and behead
those who believe in scriptures
other than Quran.

Islam is a religion of peace
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ojnnaco(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2015
[s]
successhunter:

Your question is, Transformation from what? Insecurity?! Just yesterday robbers robbed for more than 2hours without any forms of challenge.
[/s].
Who is to be blamed? D governor(who is d chief security of d state) or gej.... Ogbeni wise up
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by successhunter: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2015
JUHABACH:

when exactly did the bishop endorse any politician? i m seriously asking.

Thought the dude said he has KEY to HeLL and would gladly open it for those against GEjGEj cool
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by 6fit(f): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2015
I said it....this isibanjo man will bring disaster to redeem church. This is just d bigining. More to come untill RCCG disown isibanjo
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by successhunter: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2015
ojnnaco:
[s][/s].
Who is to be blamed? D governor(who is d chief security of d state) or gej.... Ogbeni wise up

cheesy
So the Governor of the state now control the police undecided
You must be a joker
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ngachi: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2015
Dharniel:
chaiii, PDP thugs are capable of any form of destruction...

Anyway

#sai_buhari
#change
BUHARI ! BUHARI! BUHARI!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU YOU CAME TO IGBO LAND TODAY TO LIE TO US ,AS IF WE
DONT HAVE MEMORIES, WHAT DID OUR OWN IKEMBA DO TO YOU THAT YOU KEPT HIM IN DETAINTION THROUGH OUT THE
YEARS YOU RULED NIGERIA, HOW COME YOU KEPT OUR OWN SON CHIEF DR ALEX EKWUEME IN PRISON FOR OVER
20MONTHS WHEN YOU TOOK OVER AND KEPT HIS BOSS ,YOUR BROTHER UNDER HOUSE ARREST? CAN YOU NAME ONE SINGLE
THING THE IGBOS WILL REMEMBER YOU FOR IN YOUR FIRST COMING AS HEAD OF STATE THAT WILL MOTIVATE US TO VOTE
FOR YOU THIS TIME?? IMMEDIATELY YOU STARTED TALKING, CHIEF SAM MBAKWE CAME TO MY MIND,HOW COME YOU CAME
TO TELL US THAT YOU WILL CANCEL THE 2ND NIGER BRIDGE CONTRACT AND GIVE US A TOLL FREE ONE,BUHARI, HEAR
THIS ,WHEN YOU LEFT IGBO LAND , THE EZE NRI WHO IS THE CUSTODIAN OF OFO NDI IGBO WAS CONSULTED SO THAT HE
CAN TALK TO OUR ANCESTORS FOR DIRECTION. HEAR THE ANSWER>>>>>>>>>> ANY IGBO MAN THAT VOTES FOR BUHARI IS
MAKING OUR FOREFATHERS TO BE RESTLESS IN THEIR GRAVES,THEREFORE IT IS A TABOO TO VOTE FOR YOU.GOOD NIGHT
BUHARI,OUR ANCESTOR HAVE SPOKEN WE CANNOT DO OTHERWISE.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by anwo247: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2015
Burning down of churches? where is the CHANGE?

Silly Buhari: A liar, a hypocrite, dictator, wicked dude and a killer. Why won't his followers do the same? Shamelessly a Sharia man that wants to rule a secular and diverse nation like Nigeria.

We will rather die standing than live on our knees. Rubbish people

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by espn(m): 8:58am On Mar 27, 2015
They didn't burn this churches in previous elections when it was even obvious they were supporting GEJ then. Thats lame.. cheap way to gain public sympathy.. nd where are the pictures abeg?
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by synergycom19: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2015
size40:
GEJ's ambition has damaged Nigeria greatly
GEJ is the no 1 problem of Nigeria today,he couldn't perform,yet wants to continue with his misdemeanors called government
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ngachi: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Kakpos:
MEN OF GOD STOP POLITICS IN THE CHURCH FOR GOD SAKE, CHURCH IS WERE GOSPEL IS PREAHED AND NOT ENDORSEMENT AND POLITHINKING!
BUHARI ! BUHARI! BUHARI!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU YOU CAME TO IGBO LAND TODAY TO LIE TO US ,AS IF WE
DONT HAVE MEMORIES, WHAT DID OUR OWN IKEMBA DO TO YOU THAT YOU KEPT HIM IN DETAINTION THROUGH OUT THE
YEARS YOU RULED NIGERIA, HOW COME YOU KEPT OUR OWN SON CHIEF DR ALEX EKWUEME IN PRISON FOR OVER
20MONTHS WHEN YOU TOOK OVER AND KEPT HIS BOSS ,YOUR BROTHER UNDER HOUSE ARREST? CAN YOU NAME ONE SINGLE
THING THE IGBOS WILL REMEMBER YOU FOR IN YOUR FIRST COMING AS HEAD OF STATE THAT WILL MOTIVATE US TO VOTE
FOR YOU THIS TIME?? IMMEDIATELY YOU STARTED TALKING, CHIEF SAM MBAKWE CAME TO MY MIND,HOW COME YOU CAME
TO TELL US THAT YOU WILL CANCEL THE 2ND NIGER BRIDGE CONTRACT AND GIVE US A TOLL FREE ONE,BUHARI, HEAR
THIS ,WHEN YOU LEFT IGBO LAND , THE EZE NRI WHO IS THE CUSTODIAN OF OFO NDI IGBO WAS CONSULTED SO THAT HE
CAN TALK TO OUR ANCESTORS FOR DIRECTION. HEAR THE ANSWER>>>>>>>>>> ANY IGBO MAN THAT VOTES FOR BUHARI IS
MAKING OUR FOREFATHERS TO BE RESTLESS IN THEIR GRAVES,THEREFORE IT IS A TABOO TO VOTE FOR YOU.GOOD NIGHT
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 9:00am On Mar 27, 2015
size40:
GEJ's ambition has damaged Nigeria greatly
oh buhari no get ambition ok but what? For 4times now he is gunning for no. Seat. Why? If not ambition. Sai marchuari no 28 for buhari
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ngachi: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2015
Change2015:

Are you finished with the lies?

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2015
And some idiotas are here making noise that the maiming happening now is not about politics..where's that silly kingthreat of a nincompoop??
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Freetech: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2015
I continue to why what happened 6 days ago is just making headline. Looks like lie to cover up and blackmail opposition.

As usual pdp brought this up to cover up their evil and violent attack against apc in river state and other locations including the opc operation at Oshodi yesterday in the glare of security operatives who instead of arresting provided security for the nuisance while gej is signing fathom peace agreement in Abuja. Is this a country we all wish to live and our children grow to call their father's land.

Do we still to ask who is behind BH. A sitting president sponsoring millitias against the unarmed citizens.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ojnnaco(m): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2015
successhunter:

cheesy
So the Governor of the state now control the police undecided
You must be a joker
Look at dis stake illiterate.. Who on earth is d chief security of a state? Y do u choose to disgrace ursef here? Stop dis display of ur vast ignorance
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by UnimkeAk(m): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
This message is directed to all peace loving Nigerians. There is something about that word "Sai-Buhari."

At the shout of that name; all sane Nigerians become insane, blood pressures rise; tentacles grow from the skull; and teeth begin to gnash!

Stay safe Nigerians! Sai Buhari is synonymous to VIOLENCE; wherever & whenever that name is called; what follows is VIOLENCE.

Nairaland was peaceful until we started seeing these words; Lagos was peaceful until "SAI BUHARI"

Do you even know the main activator of the 2011 post election violence? Fellow Nigerians, watch the video on YouTube and tell me what you hear!

We've seen people destroying banners and simultaneously chanting "SAI-BUHARI." That name give them the energy and tenacity to kill, steal and destroy.

"SAI-BUHARI" will result to loss of lives on Saturday, 28th. When you hear that name; grab your voter card and run for your dear life.

Acidosis

grin
Lmao.. Falls from my pent house.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ngachi: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:
Sanitation day is a day of " clean up" and it falls on the last Saturday of the month. March 28 is a sanitation day, get your BROOMS and PVCs and let's clean up Nigeria for a better tomorrow...
Vote APC!!
Vote GMB/PYO!!
Vote CHANGE
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Dharniel:
chaiii, PDP/APC thugs are capable of any form of destruction...

Anyway

#sai_buhari
#change

So that's the kind of disastrous CHANGE you ppl are shouting. It's time to understand your plans and get facts right. What freedom of association and expressing oneself means to you unrepentant murderers? HERE IN THE SOUTH, SW,SE & SS YOU CAN'T SEE PEOPLE ATTACKING RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS BECAUSE MEMBERS ARE IDENTIFIED WITH POLITICAL PARTIES OF THEIR CHOICES. You are making us to understand your desperation for power while unsuspecting followers are helping you to shout change all over the places.

Your violence has started since, not just recently you worsen it by boko haram activities. TIME FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND WHERE THEY ARE BEING LED TO.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ngachi: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Smartlife:
A re-election bid too costly
If President Jonathan could desperately spend so much money, because of a second term bid, then you can realise how powerful you are! How powerful is your right to vote! Your Permanent Voters card is very powerful! Vote out poverty and black out with your PVCs!
#6~ 7 Billion for Pastors
#50 million each for Obas (20) =1 Billion.
#150 million for OPC and MASSOB
#250 million for Nollywood celebrities and artistes.
#100 million for News agencies e.g (Media Houses)
#2 Billion for other political parties i.e YDM,PDM,APGA,La
bour party&accord party
#200 million for ethnic socio-political groups i.e
Afenifere, Ohaneze ndigbo, northern governor's forum.......
TOTAL: #9.7 Billion
Do you know how many roads this amount would construct
in Nigeria today?
Do you know how many good schools this amount would
have built?
Do you know how many Megawatts of electricity this
amount would have generated?
Do you know how much adequate security this amount
would have provided?
Do you know how many hungry people who live on less
than $1 per day in Nigeria this amount would have fed?
Do you know how much Employment this amount would
have generated?
Yet they bring it to you just so they can
bribe you to vote for them. Had they use the money for the
right things that we can see they wouldn't need to bribe us
to vote for them! BUHARI ! BUHARI! BUHARI!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU YOU CAME TO IGBO LAND TODAY TO LIE TO US ,AS IF WE
Change is here sai buhari
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by rhames(m): 9:05am On Mar 27, 2015
Deltagiant:
The fact is that Islam or most muslims are allergic to other faiths regardless of whether the people were of the same ethnic group.
The only language of deterent Islam understands is retaliation through violence.
To the contrary, there don't have to be "tension" before most muslims will attack any peaceful loving group living with them.

Sad fact.

Sorry bro, you are lost on the issue. The truth be told boldly. Kaduna people especially the Non Hausa Southern Kaduna peoples ( over 70 languages and over 100 dialects and mainly Christains) have not had it so bad since the the death of Governor Patrick Yakowa. There has been no single development project or any economic improvements since the ascension of the current stooge of the VP Sambo. These people don't hide the fact that they want change and that is why they resist the opposition. Much as I do not advocate violence as a means of solving any problem, the ruling party has not done any better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by zicoraads: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2015
The northern man has this 'Born to rule mentality' which was probably instilled by the British. Yesterday I was at the bank and I listened to a little argument between two guys who were sitting very close to me.

One was a PDP supporter and the other an APC supporter. From their conversation, I deduced that one was definitely not from the north and the other one was.

The APC supporter was saying in clear terms that if Buhari looses this election, then there will be serious trouble. Now, most people have run away from the north because of the fear of what might follow after Saturday. And this fear is a direct result of the threat of violence by those that support the APC.

I followed every single moment of the Arab Spring and even violent protests that happen in most countries. What usually happens is people attacking government properties, houses and even those that have benefited from the looting and their families. But the exact opposite is the situation in Nigeria where the only people that bear the brunt is the ordinary Nigerian.

And the APC had the audacity to go to court and stop the FG from deploying the military? When that is the only agency that usually brings calm to any murderous spree. Gen. Buhari's CPC murdered innocent Nigerians in 2011; innocent corpers whose only crime was to serve their fatherland. I will never, ever forget that week. And am certain that his supporters would do more of what they did in 2011. I just hope the military would be given the order to shoot at sight.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ngachi: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2015
[quote author=sosanova post=32042554]APC n violence
Hell Rufai n Satan(Sultan) of Sokoto will never condemn this
[/quoteBUHARI ! BUHARI! BUHARI!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL YOU YOU CAME TO IGBO LAND TODAY TO LIE TO US ,AS IF WE
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by murtaj(m): 9:06am On Mar 27, 2015
This is a lie 4 those of commenting on wot u don't know remember ur lord will ask u these.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by ejiga21: 9:09am On Mar 27, 2015
the fact is that..... ISLAM CELEBRATES VIOLET, THEY JUST CAN'T DO WITHOUT BEING VIOLET AND WICKED..... KILLING AND IS WHAT THEY BEING TAUGHT IN THEIR MOSQUES. MAY GOD AV MERCY JOOR
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2015
tchidi:
Ehmmm... are you sure I shouldn't leave here to somewhere a Lil safer? undecided undecided
Are you still thinking about it?/
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 27, 2015
Dharniel:
chaiii, PDP thugs are capable of any form of destruction...

Anyway

#sai_buhari
#change
typical APC
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2015
Some people are so stupit! Der talking sometime important and u come here sai buhari! Thunder fire u!buhari will lose and u can go hug a transformar
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Happywoman(f): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
This message is directed to all peace loving Nigerians. There is something about that word "Sai-Buhari."

At the shout of that name; all sane Nigerians become insane, blood pressures rise; tentacles grow from the skull; and teeth begin to gnash!

Stay safe Nigerians! Sai Buhari is synonymous to VIOLENCE; wherever & whenever that name is called; what follows is VIOLENCE.

Nairaland was peaceful until we started seeing these words; Lagos was peaceful until "SAI BUHARI"

Do you even know the main activator of the 2011 post election violence? Fellow Nigerians, watch the video on YouTube and tell me what you hear!

We've seen people destroying banners and simultaneously chanting "SAI-BUHARI." That name give them the energy and tenacity to kill, steal and destroy.

"SAI-BUHARI" will result to loss of lives on Saturday, 28th. When you hear that name; grab your voter card and run for your dear life.

Acidosis

Especially for those in the north oooo.
Be vigilant
A word is enuf for the wise

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2015
rhames:

Sorry bro, you are lost on the issue. The truth be told boldly. Kaduna people especially the Non Hausa Southern Kaduna peoples ( over 70 languages and over 100 dialects and mainly Christains) have not had it so bad since the the death of Governor Patrick Yakowa. There has been no single development project or any economic improvements since the ascension of the current stooge of the VP Sambo. These people don't hide the fact that they want change and that is why they resist the opposition. Much as I do not advocate violence as a means of solving any problem, the ruling party has not done any better.

Stop deceiving people. The north is known for religious intolerance and violence. How can we trust people that will make you their closest friends only suddenly to turn again you to kill and destroy.
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by Timzyy(m): 9:23am On Mar 27, 2015
richol:
BUT GEJ TILL 2019
minus 4
Re: Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan by tayoccu(m): 9:26am On Mar 27, 2015
why always winners?
how come RCCG never gets targeted?
there's something they're not telling us.

on a second thought, this act of arson might not be politically motivated, it might not be religious, it could have been arranged by someone who stole from the church.

I can remember seeing security men with pump action rifles escorting offerings once @ winners chapel, bashorun ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine / Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.