Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? (65755 Views)

My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Rotiix(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2015
I just imagine what could have warranted your wife to leave scratches on your mum out of a brawl, you still have a dad? I wonder how your relatives will feel. Btw, did u meet your mannerless wife in a club or something. Its a pity when men trivialize the importance of the woman who brought and raised them up all in the name of pleasing their non-tolerant wives!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by zeeek(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2015
Dis kinda issues makes me very sad n angry @ d same time.
-if I cannot hit my wife,den nobdy on d surface. Of dis earth shld.
-if I cannt hit my mother,nobdy shld do dat.
Only women undastnd each other,your wife definately has her reasons 4 refusing 2 Giv her d pictures,although I would hv prefered she directed my mum 2 me,knwing Dat I would hv discussed It wt her b4 giving out d pictures.
I'll deal wt my wife seriously buh in my own way,as 4 my mum demanding dat she leaves my houz,who dash m dat kind authourity na?
Jst play d peaace maker buh let your mum also knw dat she messed up.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Eljay24(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2015
Take the pisure and give to ur mother" since dats the cause of d problem. .. reprint another later,

unless there's something u ain't telln us* I mean the real bone of contention"
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by malachee: 8:40am On Mar 28, 2015
Guy are you OK? Don't you know that after God is ur mother. Maybe is ur wife Dat is feeding u sha

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by gajike: 8:40am On Mar 28, 2015
No matter what for u to meet them in that situation u could have give ur wife a dirty 3 slap that could have settled everything.Even if u wil apologise later That could have bring down d anger in ur mum. U can even pretend to send her out that day and people around will start begging u. But now with d situaton now Your mum will think u are on ur wife side. I feel somehow when I read d part that says u met them fighting andbu were asking them what brought about d fight. It's an insult. No matter what happened ur wife and ur mum stand in front of u asking them why they beat each other ? Wonder shall never end.

Let me ask u 3 questions
1. Suppose u beat her mother when she visit u what would have been ur wife and their family reaction
2. If u meet ur friend not ur wife in a fracas with ur mother will u stand there and be asking for d cause of d fight.
3. Ask your wife if she can beat her mother no matter d provocation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kushsy: 8:41am On Mar 28, 2015
Don't leave your wife..mother in laws can be funny at times..my mother was always treating my bothers wife badly for no reason..i did all I could to settle them but till now it's not working but at least she answer the girl greetings now..your mother came along with her supporters already but your wife did wrong for fighting your mother no matter what your mum did to her. She should not have fought back. Give your mother time and go see her with gift and her church members...you and wife should make it a prayer point and God will settle it..Thank God for my mother in law.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Xtfield(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2015
FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO THE WIFE. Let your mother go. She is someone else's wife.

13 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by justwise(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

If my wife loves me, she will not do that. Once she does that, I'm sure she's prepared to leave the house too.

Stop acting like pussies.

If i'm married my mum has to respect the choice of who i'm married to, she got no right to come into my house, my wife's house to beat her or make demands. If she needs anything from me she should ask me and not forcefully demand it from my wife in my absent.

I respect and love my mum but the moment she beats my wife that line has been crossed. I'm married to my wife and i will support her 100 percent.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2015
op's mother had the strength to throw the first hit and fight . she isn't as elderly as we might like to assume , in terms of age . the wife probably had her own scratches too. not fair to blame the wife alone, they were both in the wrong . the mother shouldn't have hit her first. considering they didn't get along before then , u don't expect the wife to stand there , not stand up for herself n be abused or bullied in her own home

Dragonking:

so because a female elder lays hands on you, you see it right as an opportunity to fight and show your power right. If no respectable elder will lay hands on another person, no respectable wife will reply with violence. Two wrong don't make a right. Now she inflicted deep cuts on the woman's face, did she win a trophy for it? what if she pushed or hit her MIL and she fell and died in the process, what excuse will she give?

She had the opportunity of coming out of this issue on top but she blew it away by fighting back.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2015
atakamus:
You be mad man, I dey tell you. Go and fight her own mama so that she go know what it means. Why on earth will she stop your mom from collecting picture of her grandchild? She due craze? Madness the worry her? If your mama no born, she for see u marry? Thunder fire her there and u self wey the come here to ask rubbish question. Show that bitch the door right away.
I told my wife before we marry that my mother is my life. Our dad is dead. I told her that as a first son my mother is my first wife through inheritance. It is my paramount duty to take care of her. I warn her that any day she tried nonsense with mother, I will pull down heaven that day. She can play with anything but not my mother. You stupid wife had the guts to beat up your mother and you come here to ask question. Boy you de mad, you dey hear. Banga head.

You shouldnt have married your wife. You should have married your mother since she is your first wife by inheritance. I never knew men who sleep with their mothers still exist. Do you guys make love and sleep on the same bed? I guess so. LISTEN TO YOURSELF!! SMH.

20 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Thunder04(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

I'm sorry for you OP. There is no woman on earth that will slap my mother and go scot free.

What am I even saying? I trust my momma like fire. She would have probably maimed her before I return.

But I understand that not all women are hot blooded and hot tempered like mine grin Howerver, what your wife did was uncalled for. What a travesty! This is your chance to prove you are the owner of the house. Send the hot blooded woman packing! Nollywood corruption.

If you don't teach sense into her now, it will happen again. and ultimately it will descend to the point where your kids will not be allowed to visit your mom or even touch or talk to her. Whatever you do, be sturdy about it. Send her packing, back to her parents. Her parents should tender an apology. Ask your hot blooded wife how she will feel if you land 3 hot slaps on the eldest member of her family or either of her parents.

Hypocritical short thinking people everywhere. By the way, this story looks perfect for a Nollywood script.

Cc: Safari29
On point,and for OP u cos dis for urself cos she dnt respect u nd ur family nd maybe u are too gentle, for lady's supportn ur wife y cnt she wait till u come back even if ur mum said she is talkn one of ur kids to be living with her u hv d finaly say not ur wife talkless of photo tnk God am not ur junior broda my respect for u will hv remain 10percent nd i will help u teach her great lesson if u cnt not dat she is ur wife but layn hands on my mum on nutral ground.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by MadCow1: 8:45am On Mar 28, 2015
emmatok:

And when his wife leaves him, he will run back to his mother.
Well our mothers are always forgiven.

I am not a perfectionist like the OP, I am a realist.

His wife has not left him so there is no point assuming the worst. And just so you know mothers do abuse their kids and even abandon them so let's stop painting mothers to be saints. Secondly every mother is a wife as well (assuming she was married) so technically they are both equal in status.

Mother's should be forgiven I agree but that also means mothers are not above making mistakes.

In this case, his mother was wrong on all counts and the mature thing would be for her to apologise to his wife for coming into her home to cause such chaos.

You must understand that this is a matter of principle for me. My mother always advised me to never take sides with anyone Including her against my wife as that can cause bigger problems in my marriage than I can ever understand.

Any man who can't place his wife above his immediate family does not understand the sacred institution of marriage and has no business being married.

I would give you classic cases involving my own paternal grandma and my mum but this is not about me. But the one lesson I learnt from that case was that my Dad never sided with his mum and after the quarrel had stayed for so long, both women resolved their differences and became so close that my grandma would always go to my mum to get whatever she wanted from my dad.

If a man allows his mother to rule over his wife inside her home, then he shouldn't be surprised when his wife acts like a single woman because that is not how a man covers his wife.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Raymie(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2015
My own take.
Mother is irresponsible to have slapped wife. Wife is HIGHLY irresponsible to have set decorum aside and responded to mother in kind.
Basically, the two have long standing deep seated resentment Issues, you even mentioned that. Otherwise such a trivial matter wouldn't have caused a fight.
Now, since your wife is willing to make amends, assuming she has been made to realise the error of her ways, its up to you to work on your mother to accept wife's reconciliation moves. Now, how your mother regards you will come to play here. However, your mother's premise that your wife must leave MUST not stand. You must be FIRM on that. Grant that concession, and you have OPENED your home as a branch of your mother's kingdom. She will run your family for life, handing over to her siblings when she passes on.
As someone here mentioned, your women love you so much to fight foe you. But you're the MAN of your house. That role comes with powers. Don't be afraid to wield them, in your home. whether your wife, your mother or any of your relatives are on the receiving end.
Irresponsibility must not be tolerated, irrespective of who's involved. My opinion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by itsMrIke(m): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:

Thanks, Cococandy. Your advice is always appreciated on this forum.
As to the reasons behind their animosity I cannot say but I do suspect my wife believes my mother is against her and may want to harm her.
The other women present tried to separate the fight to no avail. Even neighbours assisted but they just won't let go until I came.
I've always advised my wife to avoid any situation that would lead to a quarrel or fight with my mother. I guess she chose not to listen.

'I guess she chose not to listen'...
You seem so lackadaisical about the whole thing. So you have warned your wife to avoid such situations, you know there is no love lost between them and you still thought it wise to leave them alone?

I blame you. I blame your wife and I blame your mum a little.

Slapping your mother was completely wrong on the part of your wife, unless she would tell me that she slaps her own mother in retaliation too.

You didn't even mention if and how you have reprimanded your wife for what she did. You seem not concerned with how grave her actions were. You are even dissociating yourself from the abomination claim. You try well well. Continue letting your wife think she is Tatiana Ali, well done!!

Oga, my suggestion is going to be harsh. You must 'handle' your wife. Get me right. Your mum will find it hard to forgive her, unless she knows/thinks you have punished your wife in some way. So my advice is that you ask your wife to go to her parents for a while, let her parents know what she did and have them beg on her behalf. She should remain there while you invite you mum to spend the weekend with you and the kid/s. Use the alone time to beg your mum. Invite ur in-laws to meet and beg her in your place. The you can invite your wife to come and reconcile with her there.

Don't take your wife to you mother's house, I use God name take beg you!!! With what women do these days in anger!!

I wish you good luck!!!

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by dBard: 8:46am On Mar 28, 2015
What a lot of people won't tell you about this situation is that there's no True solution.
Put yourself in ur mother's position, your daughters husband physically exchanges blows with you for a 'simple' request, how will u feel?? Do you think the relationship will ever be restored
Your wife had probably had it up to her head before reacting like that, but any attempt to blame her completely or paint her completely black will be resented and only breed animosity towards you, and she you'll have to live with for years to come..
and you, can u honestly say ur not harboring any resentment towards any of them for the issue.

How also is your family going to look @ your wife from now on because it IS an abomination in most cultures.

Not an easy situation to handle.

My advice, your wife apologizes sincerely to your Mom according to tradition,if needs be, and then you both apologize and appease the family. Then if you can ,relocate to somewhere your both not so accessible, even if it's still in the same state/city and hope time heals all scars.
p.s...asking f advice from an 'Elder' knowledgeable in such tins might help.

and next time be proactive and preempt situations

All the best..

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Abbott(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2015
Xtfield:
FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO THE WIFE. Let your mother go. She is someone else's wife.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by gabicon: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:
Nairalanders, I'm in a quagmire! About one week ago, my mother came to visit my family with her sister and a friend. After the preliminary greetings and felicitations, I proceeded to take leave of my guests in order to go and service my car, leaving them in the hands of my wife after having provided some refreshments for them.
Now, my wife and mother have no love lost between them and barely get along but the joviality they displayed together in my presence combined with the fact that my mother's sister and friend were also around made me to believe all will be well and nothing will go wrong.
No sooner had I left home than I received a frantic call from my wife to return quickly that all hell had broken loose.
Upon getting home, I found my mother and my wife on the 3-seater going at each other with both wailing. I managed to separate them and proceeded to find the cause of the fight. I was told by the two onlookers (mother's sister and a friend) that my wife prevented my mother from taking some photos of the child dedication we did a few weeks back from the photo album. This incensed my mother and led to my wife being slapped following which all hell was broken loose. My mother even sustained a deep scratch on her face.
Now, my family members have insisted that my wife must leave the house for committing this abomination (their words, not mine). Indeed, my mother has told me in no uncertain terms that mother and son relationship has ended as long as my wife continues to remain in the house.
I love my wife and has two young children with her but this whole issue has complicated things.
What should I do? Your candid advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

You assumed wrongly bro you shouldn't have left them alone especially without male supervision. I'm afraid that the disaffection between your wife n mum is shipwrecking your home and the fact is that you are the problem. How u may ask, both women are trying to gain masterly control over you and either of them won't give way for the other.
You as the man have to put both of them in their proper place, your wife can't be your mother and your mother can't be your wife they are two distinctively different roles, sit both of them down n talk to them and be firm while doing this. Don't play the blame game let both apologise for their rude behaviour your wife owns the pictures and has every right not to give it to your mum but she did lack the moral right to fight your mum while your mum disrespected you by slapping your wife thats assault.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by MadCow1: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2015
Xtfield:

Funny how most of the people siding with his mum have all forgotten this Biblical passage..

The sad truth is that wife's come before mothers both in the Bible and in the court of law.

12 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kuulkyd(f): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2015
Oh dear! This is really messy, but it's happened already, let's look for the way forward. First, u shouldn't go there with ur wife. Get some elderly folks to go talk to ur mother, afterwards,u and ur wife can go with them to apologise. You need to talk to ur wife as well, she shouldn't allow such to ever occur again no matter the provocation, not just because it's rude, but it's a disrespect to u,I hope she has realised her faults anyway. Wish u luck my brother, and pls don't allow future occurrences pls since u know they are not in good terms.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by TheFilmmaker: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
justwise:

If i'm married my mum has to respect the choice of who i'm married to, she got no right to come into my house, my wife's house to beat her or make demands. If she needs anything from me she should ask me and not forcefully demand it from my wife in my absent.

I respect and love my mum but the moment she beats my wife that line has been crossed. I'm married to my wife and i will support her 100 percent.

We probably have different family backgrounds and one of the moral tenets of my family (not married yet) is to shun hypocrisy. That it.

We shun hypocrisy. I will never ever ever ever slap my mother. Nor another person's mother. I, therefore, will never condone such.

I don't know about you. If she can slap your mother, then you can slap your mother too. Savvy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Abbott(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

I am not a perfectionist like the OP, I am a realist.

His wife has not left him so there is no point assuming the worst. And just so you know mothers do abuse their kids and even abandon them so let's stop painting mothers to be saints. Secondly every mother is a wife as well (assuming she was married) so technically they are both equal in status.

Mother's should be forgiven I agree but that also means mothers are not above making mistakes.

In this case, his mother was wrong on all counts and the mature thing would be for her to apologise to his wife for coming into her home to cause such chaos.

You must understand that this is a matter of principle for me. My mother always advised me to never take sides with anyone Including her against my wife as that can cause bigger problems in my marriage than I can ever understand.

Any man who can't place his wife above his immediate family does not understand the sacred institution of marriage and has no business being married.

I would give you classic cases involving my own paternal grandma and my mum but this is not about me. But the one lesson I learnt from that case was that my Dad never sided with his mum and after the quarrel had stayed for so long, both women resolved their differences and became so close that my grandma would always go to my mum to get whatever she wanted from my dad.

If a man allows his mother to rule over his wife inside her home, then he shouldn't be surprised when his wife acts like a single woman because that is not how a man covers his wife.

Another wise post here.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Ashleyma77(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
I understand everyone will blame the wife for this.but I completely understand. even if u are my husbands mother,you can't come into my home and slap me.every human has a limit.a snap point.even if your wife is descent,she would have endured until it got to a point.I'll blame your mother.this fracas started when she OVERREACTED.whatever happened after is completely human.the only solution is you.you must talk to your mother.not as a son,but as a man.let your mother know you make the final decisions in your home and in her presence,MAKE A FINAL DECISION.you can bring others in if she remains adamant,but I believe your wife is sober so having her play her part in the reconciliation shouldn't be difficult.

...and most importantly, involve God.if God isn't part,it(reconciliation) will crumble.you can be rest assured of that

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by iiichidodo: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
[b] Op,once you were an immature runt no gal will bother with...who stood by you...your mother.Once you was broke and down on your luck before you hammer come marry,who stood by? Your mother.We cannot replace the mothers in our lives but we can switch wives and women. You need to lay your priorities correct and act a man not a wuss.Send your wife away to appease your mother and also to send a strong message to your in laws that you cannot broke such nonsense from their ill bred daughter then reproach your mum for disrespecting your wife insisting that you ain't taking this lot from her anymore and threaten her with a bluff that she might not see them grandkids anymore if she doesn't take an active role in settling this impasse.Thus if ever your wife comes to her senses and apologises your mum should be good spirits for a reconciliation.The beauty is you don't have to turn a PI to settle this...just show the deuling parties what they stand to lose in this age old feminine quest for relevance....And they will settle their differences without you any wiser.[/b]
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by MadCow1: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
gabicon:

You assumed wrongly bro you shouldn't have left them alone especially without male supervision. I'm afraid that the disaffection between your wife n mum is shipwrecking your home and the fact is that you are the problem. How u may ask, both women are trying to gain masterly control over you and either of them won't give way for the other.
You as the man have to put both of them in their proper place, your wife can't be your mother and your mother can't be your wife they are two distinctively different roles, sit both of them down n talk to them and be firm while doing this. Don't play the blame game let both apologise for their rude behaviour your wife owns the pictures and has every right not to give it to your mum but she did lack the moral right to fight your mum while your mum disrespected you by slapping your wife thats assault.

I agree with all you said except that the wife had the moral right to protect herself.. If my mother comes into my house and fights my wife, she would leave my house that same day.. I am the head of my home and if my mother has a problem with my wife, she must bring it to me to handle not disrespect me by slapping my wife.

Nobody has the right to assault my wife or kids..

13 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Thunder04(m): 8:52am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

Very good. Birds of the same feather. How would you feel if your son's wife designs your face with 3 hot fiery slaps? Happy? Go siddons, Iyawo Bournvita.
Dnt mind mr. Home builder use ur mother nd ur family pride build home for ur wife, vegetable at work cos wen u hvnt ate d vegetable u cnt accept ur wife F5 ur mum but now u are d bradox,fool.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by queenbetty1(f): 8:52am On Mar 28, 2015
Guy what you are saying is arrant nonsense can you allow your wife to abuse yur mother not to talk of slapping her or call her names if you can't advise pls don't distroy person home undecided

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by imbless: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2015
cococandy:
What is the cause of the animosity between them?
Get to the root to solve the problem.

You know most of us Nigerians are superstitious.
I've heard people believe that one can use pictures to do juju for someone else. grin

What is your wife afraid of that she's not telling you?

Uncle you can't leave your wife for that reason.
Let her apologize to your mother for hitting her back and getting into a fight with her.
Na old woman she be o. What if she'd injured her seriously in the fight? Old people are fragile.
She could have tired to endure the slap and wait to tell you when you get back (easy to say I know).

As for your mom, when everything is settled you need to talk to her.
I know old people are revered, as such almost worshipped and can do no wrong in the eyes of traditional laws. Still she needs to be more peaceful. The pictures don't belong to her. Since she asked your wife and your wife said no, she should have waited until you got back to ask you instead of slapping your wife. Is your wife a riffraff that can be slapped anyhow? So annoying angry

She could have even asked you before you left since she knows she doesn't get along too well with your wife.

Those two ladies she brought to visit with her, why didn't they stop the fracas before you got there?
I'm suspecting them.

For her to slap her DIL in the presence of visitors means it has been decided that she has and deserves no respect in your house. Sad.

Pls set the boundaries in your home o.

I don't know why women won't let their sons have peace in their marriages.
my dear u are intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Vyolet(f): 8:54am On Mar 28, 2015
The wife is not to be blamed but the mother who started the fight by slapping the DIL,why on earth should you even raise your hands at an adult.

Wifey also misbehaved and disrespected you she should have ran out of the house or locked herself in the room until you return,rather than engage in a fight like street fighter.

Verdict: get wifey to beg mama,and let sleeping dog lie.

I'm sure by now,mama would know her limits and she won't dare start any fight again.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by TheFilmmaker: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Thunder04:
Dnt mind mr. Home builder use ur mother nd ur family pride build home for ur wife, vegetable at work cos wen u hvnt ate d vegetable u cnt accept ur wife F5 ur mum but now u are d bradox,fool.

What vegetable?

The truth is, there are good wives and bad wives.

And by the way, I don't believe in witchcraft or spiritism. You can now wallow in your ignorance.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by MadCow1: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2015
iiichidodo:
[b] Op,once you were an immature runt no gal will bother with...who stood by you...your mother.Once you was broke and down on your luck before you hammer come marry,who stood by? Your mother.We cannot replace the mothers in our lives but we can switch wives and women. You need to lay your priorities correct and act a man not a wuss.Send your wife away to appease your mother and also to send a strong message to your in laws that you cannot broke such nonsense from their ill bred daughter then reproach your mum for disrespecting your wife insisting that you ain't taking this lot from her anymore and threaten her with a bluff that she might not see them grandkids anymore if she doesn't take an active role in settling this impasse.Thus if ever your wife comes to her senses and apologises your mum should be good spirits for a reconciliation.The beauty is you don't have to turn a PI to settle this...just show the deuling parties what they stand to lose in this age old feminine quest for relevance....And they will settle their differences without you any wiser.[/b]

Utter bollocks. .

You dont know his story so stop with all these sentimental nonsense.

Go fhuck your mum na so she can have your offspring's since she did all that stuff you wrote there.

And though we can not replace mothers biologically, we can replace mothers in every other aspect. Those motherless babies in homes all have mothers.

8 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by doe: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Tell your mum to behave or back off. She cannot just come into your family house and take things.
In short your wife should throw you out for not bringing your mum to order. I am surprise your wife didn't give her a sound beating after the slap. Nonsense.
Your mum has lived her life. She should let you live yours.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by itsMrIke(m): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2015
aflyingbird:
op's mother had the strength to throw the first hit and fight . she isn't as elderly as we might like to assume , in terms of age .

If your mum slaps you will you retaliate? If you answer is NO, then you have no business hitting your MIL. So, let us stop making excuses for the wife.
Let us imagine if the husband has issues with the FIL, and the wife comes in and finds the husband beating the father. Am sure the brothers would have gone to beat up the man mercilessly, if not arrest him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / AbdulRahman Musa Impregnated Inmate’s Wife, Married Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.