Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? (65762 Views)

My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by MadCow1: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
My Dad didn't Talk to his mother and his siblings for 16yrs until she died and he wasn't even moved.... why?...she gave him same choice "your wife or me?" And knowing the kinda women his wife(my mum) and his mother were he gladly chose his wife over her and his siblings took the side of his mum....and why all this? simply because my mum called her a Witch to her face!!.... and when my Dad was Confronted you know what he told his mum "if you didn't act like a witch she wouldn't call you one ".

What's my point?..... why would your mum slap a grown married woman if she wasn't looking for trouble?.... better stick to your wife..... your mama time don pass.... After the Bible sef talk am.

My Father sent his mum packing from the house after she had blatantly refused to allow his new wife then (my mum) have any peace at home. Infact one day my grandma came from the village with a girl and started evicting my mum from the house. Needless to say my mum stood her ground and threw my grandma out of the house with the girl. When my dad returned from work and saw his mum outside, he found out what happened, gave her money to go find a hotel to stay the night and return to the village with an instruction not to return until she was ready to respect and accept his wife.

Needless to say, but after many years (over 6 years) of no communication, they reconciled and became the best of friends and became even closer than my Dad was to her.

I remember when I went through a serious fight with my mum and went to my Dad to mediate, he said something to me that I would never forget; He said I know your mum is wrong and I have told her in my own way, but if you expect me to take sides with you on this matter against my wife then you are stupider than I would have thought. My dad always made it clear that in every situation, his wife comes first even before us his kids.

That is the same mantra I hold till this day. Find a good woman and marry her and hold her close to your heart. Protect her with all you have against everyone and everything including yourself and even your kids. Never make your wife feel like she is an outsider, never take sides with anybody against her. Never reprimand her in the presence of a third party. Treat her like you would treat yourself as she is an extension of you not a third party.

Even my mother knows she can't touch my wife.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kekeolu(f): 9:13am On Mar 28, 2015
The fight by ur mother with ur wife was a premeditated one by her that was why she came with her supporters club. Thank God d witnesses said d truth she slapped ur wife first. You said ur mother won't have her apologies unless u send ur wife away first. if u do her bidding that's the end of ur marriage. Find a way of reconciling the two
and learn to shield ur home from family interference.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2015
[

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by texazzpete(m): 9:13am On Mar 28, 2015
LOL

OP is just a joke. His mother has no leg to stand on here for throwing the first blow. Even worse, the wife is the only one pushing for reconciliation while the MIL remains defiant. And he's still there asking childish questions here.

Seek mediation from family, bring in your pastor if need be. But make it clear that any solution that involves your wife leaving is impossible. If your mom no gree, make she Waka.

Op is still talking about wife leaving, when in all likelihood his kids will leave with her too. I cannot believe a grown man is here acting confused when your own family's future is at stake.

In summary, if mama no gree, wish her good luck in her future endeavours and move on

8 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by pek(m): 9:14am On Mar 28, 2015
Bros, so sorry for your predicament. Believe me, noone will like to be in your shoes right now. But as humans, we learn from others. If you want the gospel truth, I will give it to you. You allowed this situation to degenerate to this level. When you noticed the animosity that existed between the two, what did you do? Your actions or inactions have brought things to this level.
A lot of people have totally condemned the DIL but I want to see things differently. The DIL was in her turf- her home and territory. She has a right your mother doesn't have. It may just have been pictures but at that time, it was more than that. According to you, there was no love lost between them. If your mother was more matured and sensible (no insult meant) and with no ulterior motive, she would have waited for you to ask you of the pictures!
Everyone react differently when slapped. The DIL reacted the way she felt best. That one is another issue for another time. Before the slaps from your mother and the fisticuffs, your wife called you. This makes me believe she was the victim. Your mother was the aggressor here. She knew what was she doing. Permit me to ask this, how will your mother feel if her daughter told her that her MIL slapped severally? Now she is giving you ultimatum! From this, I see she wants you to divorce your wife. Which good MIL does that? It is obvious your wife's fears about your mother is unfolding.
When this is over, set boundaries! Protect your wife. Your mother should know you have made your choice, she and others should live with it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by TheFilmmaker: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2015
NmaGOD44:
what a stupid and silly advice....u think we are still in the dark age......keep deceiving urself

I'm saying this because were not in the dark ages. Therefore, she has to apologize.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2015
This matter is tricky o.Bo.But your mother is at fault! I don't see the reason why she would want to enforce herself in your home.She should remember she is a guest and act like one.Its an insult for your mother to raise her hands on your wife, the mother of your children.Its also an insult to do that in front of two other women.Many wives will retaliate, just few will swallow that bullshiite. I wont even tolerate my own father/mother insult my husband talk more of slapping him for flimsy reasons.

Your wife should apologise but please you need to respect your wife as I don't think you do.YOU MR OP DONT HAVE VALUE FOR YOUR WIFE ELSE YOU MOTHER WOULD NT HAVE DARED!

Talk to your mother and she MUST APOLOGISE TO YOUR WIFE TOO.Do not promote partiality!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by bettercreature(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2015
I think you should be able to decide,very simple,you should know if your wife is bad or good
I mean if she possess bad attitudes or good one
if you trust your wife,you have to settle it between them
but if you dont trust your wife,you better send her packing
for me if my wife beat my mum she is a gonner no matter the case
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by TheFilmmaker: 9:16am On Mar 28, 2015
crowns2:

Wow!!! your wife must be a very lucky person to marry a supportive husband like you. African men like this are rare to find. cheesy

You sound like a potential mother inlaw beater.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 28, 2015
i'm not married , now go away jor

Dragonking:

So if the elderly MIL slapped you you see it right to hit back? smh. Why not report the issue to the husband and let him deal with her in his own way instead of complicating issues. Now she will be begging every tom, dick and harry in law just to get their forgiveness. Which one would have been better?

BTW the advice wasn't meant for you but other ladies willing to learn as you are already showing your attitudes little by little here. If you like go and show your MIL that you have power more than her by beating her to comma. That one na your headache.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 28, 2015
I respect the action(s) of your dad. I have been faced with a situation like this before, though not as dire. I had to make the painful decision of having my mother leave my house. This is why OP's wife should not have retaliated physically. She should have let the husband handle the matter himself. Having reacted physically to the elder, she has virtually taken away that power from the husband.

JeffreyJamez:
My Dad didn't Talk to his mother and his siblings for 16yrs until she died and he wasn't even moved.... why?...she gave him same choice "your wife or me?" And knowing the kinda women his wife(my mum) and his mother were he gladly chose his wife over her and his siblings took the side of his mum....and why all this? simply because my mum called her a Witch to her face!!.... and when my Dad was Confronted you know what he told his mum "if you didn't act like a witch she wouldn't call you one ".

What's my point?..... why would your mum slap a grown married woman if she wasn't looking for trouble?.... better stick to your wife..... your mama time don pass.... After the Bible sef talk am.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by tellmesome(f): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2015
No matter how bad your mother is ,it is very wrong for her to lay her hands on her.. Can she do that to her mother?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by aswani(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2015
If this is a true story then your wife has 99% of blame.

She is so attached to an ordinary picture that she is putting you in such a difficult position. Where is the maturity in telling you when you return that a picture she likes has been taken and she will like you to retrieve it? I am sure she knows how your mum feels about her and she should be sensible enough to always be on alert for situations that can escalate such as this.

Sometimes some people deserve terrible things happening to them to put their lives in perspective. Ordinary picture is not what should be so important.

And don't listen to al these people pointing fingers at your mum. They won't try it in their own lives because they know the consequences.

The 1% blame of your mum is that she should have gone home rather than slap your wife.

Don't leave your wife for the sake of your children. Take the whole damn album to your mum and let her keep the thing.

In time she will mellow and her relationship with your wife will get better. You can't be doing WWF with your mother-in-law and expect all hell not to break lose regardless of the cause.

One more time, ignore all these so called "it is your wife's matrimonial home" women. This is real life here, not Mills and Boons or some other fantasist nonsense,

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

My Father sent his mum packing from the house after she had blatantly refused to allow his new wife then (my mum) have any peace at home. Infact one day my grandma came from the village with a girl and started evicting my mum from the house. Needless to say my mum stood her ground and threw my grandma out of the house with the girl. When my dad returned from work and saw his mum outside, he found out what happened, gave her money to go find a hotel to stay the night and return to the village with an instruction not to return until she was ready to respect and accept his wife.

Needless to say, but after many years (over 6 years) of no communication, they reconciled and became the best of friends and became even closer than my Dad was to her.

I remember when I went through a serious fight with my mum and went to my Dad to mediate, he said something to me that I would never forget; He said I know your mum is wrong and I have told her in my own way, but if you expect me to take sides with you on this matter against my wife then you are stupider than I would have thought. My dad always made it clear that in every situation, his wife comes first even before us his kids.

That is the same mantra I hold till this day. Find a good woman and marry her and hold her close to your heart. Protect her with all you have against everyone and everything including yourself and even your kids. Never make your wife feel like she is an outsider, never take sides with anybody against her. Never reprimand her in the presence of a third party. Treat her like you would treat yourself as she is an extension of you not a third party.

Gbam!!!

When a Man knows the true worth of his wife, NOBODY can make him throw her out!!... even If she is on the wrong he will scold her o but when you put that clause "your wife or me"....mehn!.. you are so out of my life!!

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by TheFilmmaker: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

Also remember to ask her how she would feel if she was denied pictures of her grandchildren.

Also teach her not to run her mouth like a sloth.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kawkab: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
richyblink1:
Let me be straight with you. No woman(even your mother) will appreciate anybody coming to take an item from her home without permission from them. Yes she is your mother as well as her mother in law, but her authority is in her husband's (your father's) house.

The right thing to do is to politely ask for those pictures and if your wife refuses, she should have allowed you to come back without confronting your wife. So far as I am concern, a house is made up of a man and his wife. Every other persons are intruders no matter their relationship to you or your wife.

The deed has been done already. Get your wife to apologize by sending your mother an SMS since she won't want to see her. Then look for a way they can see that's after your mother must have been calmed so your wife can ask for her forgiveness.

Then trace the root cause of their issue and ensure it is resolved amicably. They are the 2 most important people in your life, and as such you can't chose between them.

As for your mother suggesting you ask your wife to leave, NO WAY! Stand your ground now or you will have your family running your home. Equally endeavor to make it clear to your mother or any other extended family that they should clearly ask for permission (from you or wify) before collecting anything from the house.

My brother kindly follow the advice given above.

IMHO your mother has no right to collect anything from your house without taking permission from your wife. If your wife refused, she should then wait to discuss the matter with you. Trying to take those picture forcefully shows she has no regards for your wife and respect for you. Your wife on the other hand should not have retaliated or fought with your mother. But I guess that the acrimony between them have been allowed to fester for long. What is the role of the other two ladies around. What is their role in the whole matter. I believe when the quarel started they should have intervened to stop it from degenerating into a full blown fight, meaning that they were in consort with your mother.

Going forward try to make your wife apologise to your mother, first through SMS. Then by proxies and sending people. If possible involve members of her church or mosque. Make your wife buy her a gift (something that she likes). Then when the soft landing have been created take your wife to see her personally.

After this talk to your mother. Make her realise that on no account must she attack your wife verbally and physically as this amount to direct disrespect for you. Limit her coming to your house.

No matter what you do dont succumb to the blackmail of sending away your wife. When you do that your have established two things,
1. they (your mother and family) would always control your life.
2. your life would be completely messed up. Even if you marry a new wife your mum have already established a precedent for controlling her. then think about your children, if you send their mother away, their life would never be the same again.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Hmmm.. Always commenting late.

Well, my lil advice is dat, u shud call ur mum sister and her frnd and tok 2dem, tell dem to calm ur mum as she doesn't wnt 2c u wit ur wife,b4 goin to apologize,and both of dem (d sister n d frnd) shud be there wen she's appologising. Or beta still, luk 4 a man or woman dat ur mum respect so much to help u tok 2her b4 goin 4 apology... because wat happened is ur wife's fault, she shouldn't hav stopped her 4rm taking d pix. D wife might be tinking dat she wud wnt to use d pix 4sumtin bad. I beliv dat no woman wud like to hurt her son or her grand child or children... So wife shud allow d husband to worry abt dat.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

You sound like a potential mother inlaw beater.
LOL. And you sound like a potential mother and father in law beater combined. tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by TheFilmmaker: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2015
crowns2:

LOL. And you sound like a potential mother and father in law beater combined. tongue tongue tongue

I love your humor grin
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by dnawah(m): 9:21am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:
Nairalanders, I'm in a quagmire! About one week ago, my mother came to visit my family with her sister and a friend. After the preliminary greetings and felicitations, I proceeded to take leave of my guests in order to go and service my car, leaving them in the hands of my wife after having provided some refreshments for them.
Now, my wife and mother have no love lost between them and barely get along but the joviality they displayed together in my presence combined with the fact that my mother's sister and friend were also around made me to believe all will be well and nothing will go wrong.
No sooner had I left home than I received a frantic call from my wife to return quickly that all hell had broken loose.
Upon getting home, I found my mother and my wife on the 3-seater going at each other with both wailing. I managed to separate them and proceeded to find the cause of the fight. I was told by the two onlookers (mother's sister and a friend) that my wife prevented my mother from taking some photos of the child dedication we did a few weeks back from the photo album. This incensed my mother and led to my wife being slapped following which all hell was broken loose. My mother even sustained a deep scratch on her face.
Now, my family members have insisted that my wife must leave the house for committing this abomination (their words, not mine). Indeed, my mother has told me in no uncertain terms that mother and son relationship has ended as long as my wife continues to remain in the house.
I love my wife and has two young children with her but this whole issue has complicated things.
What should I do? Your candid advice and suggestions will be appreciated.
women r like wolves,they usually mark they territory let ur mum keep off.if this should go to court ur wife will win.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by MadCow1: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2015
iiichidodo:
Yeah,whatever.Instead of fhucking our mother for offsprings we will go one futher and better to laying our lives for our mothers,a shame you suffered so much abuse that you wouldn't hesistate throwing your mother under the speeding bus. The Op is a man and will teach his wife some lesson for drawing blood from his mother, if not now but later maybe in some domestic battering in the near future therefore tis best we preempt that by giving him the power to act right, act strong and send her away.That some babies have the misfortune to be motherless don't mean op throws away his bond with his mother because of some female fighter...

Me?

Suffered abuse?

From my mother?

Or whose mother abused me?

grin

Nah hommie.. My mother was the ultimate in women. Nobody comes close. A Lioness towards her kids, an eagle towards her husband. I grew up in the perfect home. Never once saw my father hit my mother, only once did I ever witness my father take sides with a Pastor against his wife and he saw the end result, made his peace with his wife and it has never repeated itself till tomorrow. My parents are the ideal model for what a good and sound marriage should be.

That said; My mother also taught me the importance of a wife to a man. She always taught me to treat my wife the same way I saw my father treat her. Though we are close, she knows that my wife comes first. My mother taught me to never place anybody including her above my wife. My mother taught me to love and cover my wife jealously like a mother would her child. My mother also taught me not to hit my wife.

Now if you are a mummy's boy, please be that as I am also a mummy's boy. But if you can't tell that your wife comes before your mother, then you may want to go ask your mother if her husband (your father) was her twin brother that she married.

12 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by juman(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2015
The wife must be a very useless woman.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2015
ottizz:
I respect the action(s) of your dad. I have been faced with a situation like this before, though not as dire. I had to make the painful decision of having my mother leave my house. This is why OP's wife should not have retaliated physically. She should have let the husband handle the matter himself. Having reacted physically to the elder, she has virtually taken away that power from the husband.

Agreed she shouldn't have retaliated, but take note that different people have different temperament...the OP's house is his wife's Territory...it's her domain, you can't go to a married woman's house and abuse her na irrespective of whatever you are to the husband.... it's not done!!

The OPs wife might be a tempramental person, doesn't take shii from anyone (like my mum)....and to think she was slapped in the presence of visitors fa!!.... no na!!.. haba!.. MIL went too far...... there are some wives who'll still kiss Mama's feet after the slap cos they don't want trouble.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by neutrotoba(m): 9:26am On Mar 28, 2015
SmartChoices:
Hmmm hmmm perfectionist... Since you're perfect I believe you can make Smartchoices...
derz a huge difference between perfect being and perfectionist
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2015
I love u ,the only reasonable guy I know. kiss
MadCow1:

I am not a perfectionist like the OP, I am a realist.

His wife has not left him so there is no point assuming the worst. And just so you know mothers do abuse their kids and even abandon them so let's stop painting mothers to be saints. Secondly every mother is a wife as well (assuming she was married) so technically they are both equal in status.

Mother's should be forgiven I agree but that also means mothers are not above making mistakes.

In this case, his mother was wrong on all counts and the mature thing would be for her to apologise to his wife for coming into her home to cause such chaos.

You must understand that this is a matter of principle for me. My mother always advised me to never take sides with anyone Including her against my wife as that can cause bigger problems in my marriage than I can ever understand.

Any man who can't place his wife above his immediate family does not understand the sacred institution of marriage and has no business being married.

I would give you classic cases involving my own paternal grandma and my mum but this is not about me. But the one lesson I learnt from that case was that my Dad never sided with his mum and after the quarrel had stayed for so long, both women resolved their differences and became so close that my grandma would always go to my mum to get whatever she wanted from my dad.

If a man allows his mother to rule over his wife inside her home, then he shouldn't be surprised when his wife acts like a single woman because that is not how a man covers his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by lordmario(m): 9:26am On Mar 28, 2015
Hmmmmm this one is strong. My own thoughts.
Your mum can not just slap your wife cos of picture without something backing it up either before or during the face off. Its either she said something else after the no. Ok let's examine this scenario
Mama: iya deji I am taking deji's dedication picture o.. Want to go n frame it at home.
Wife: No mama.... Am sorry I can't release them to you. Let daddy deji come back pls #on her knees o#. ( There is no way the above drama could have caused any fight)

Anoda scenario
Mama: iya deji am taking deji's dedication pictures o... Want to go n frame it at home.
Wife: ah lailai... I can't release them. #raise voice# what will I tell daddy deji? What do u even want to use d picture to do? #snaps d photo album from mama# pls give me d album before my sons picture goes missing. #hisses and tries to walk away#.

Now in this second scenario, even my gentle mum will draw d wife back n beat her silly.
Wives shld understand that you can't talk to you MIL even if she's wrong. The only thing you can do as a wife is to report her to her son. Cos going by this your case now op, the wife can beat her own mother if she misbehaves. Best solution for you, move far away from mama, settle the issue, look for those that can talk to ur mum n beg her. But to be candid ur wife don fvck up. Say scratch even dey mama body na crime on its own.
I case my rest
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by eyinjuege: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2015
The matter is obviously way beyond you. No need to start trading blames now.
My advice: Get someone elderly (older than your mum) whom she respects either from your father's side or your mum's own side. Go and beg that person explaining to him/her and aknowledge your wife was wrong to have gotten carried away, but you still need you own family. Another wife might even be worse and you have small kids who need their mother. Let that person be an intermediary. Your wife must have also gone to apologise to the person too o. Go with wine and provisions to the intermediary. (I know.. too much egunje and asslicking to ordinary intermediary).

Afterwards, let the intermdiary try and mend the bridges. Hopefully,if your mum agrees, then you and your spouse can now start the main asslicking and spending on your mum.
Your wife needs to apologise, seriously, and learn to control herself. Since she can not beat her own mother regardless of whht that one does.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Viccisimua: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2015
Are you married to a Nigerian? Just asking my dear. If yes, you must be a lucky one. Wish u knew d hell some women go thru in marriage u will be sorry 4 them. Yes d wife is very WRONG 4 raising her hand on her mil cos she wouldn't do that 2 her mum. But d visit is suspicious with d escorts she brought. What are they all looking for? Is that how their own daughter's mother in laws disturb them. D guy has begged his mother and said his wife is sorry too but d woman has refused till her son divorces his wife. What goes around comes around. Same will be done to her daughters. Karma is a bitch!
greatgod2012:
Another MIL-DIL thread.

Why is your wife suspicious of your mother?
What has their relationship been like?
Why will your wife refuse your mother to take her grandchildren's picture?
Can she do the same with her own mother?
This is what we're saying, your wife couldn't tolerate your own mother, but i'm sure she will with her own mother.
Anyway, let your wife realise that what she did is wrong, except you're the one who instructed her to do what she did. Then take her to go and beg mama. Before then, beg your mother to forgive you for your own sake and the little kids' sake to please forgive your wife, tell her (your mum) to always ask you what she want instead from your wife and thereafter take your wife to go beg her with all sincerity from her.

My personal opinion, please.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by skykenny: 9:28am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:

My wife would gladly do that but my mother has threatened fire and brimstone if I ever show up at her place with my wife.
If your mother wouldn't want to begged, tell her with due respect not to scatter your family.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by rhames(m): 9:29am On Mar 28, 2015
another case of two fighting. Most wives lack respect for basic African traditions in the name of modernity. The actual fault belongs to you the husband for not properly educating your over educated wife that she is not only married to you but to your family as per our African setting. I would not expect foul play from my own mother because she took pictures of her grandchild. What if you stop her own family members from visiting or doing same. Report that woman to her family about what happened and hear her reaction. Some men are gentle but some women like this one push them to the extreme through their actions.

Pacify your mum and at the same time tell her to respect your marital privacy.

Ask both parties if they harbour any thing against each other before during and after marriage. Settle that aspects and ensure that your wife respects your mother T all times.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by tempem: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:
Nairalanders, I'm in a quagmire! About one week ago, my mother came to visit my family with her sister and a friend. After the preliminary greetings and felicitations, I proceeded to take leave of my guests in order to go and service my car, leaving them in the hands of my wife after having provided some refreshments for them.
Now, my wife and mother have no love lost between them and barely get along but the joviality they displayed together in my presence combined with the fact that my mother's sister and friend were also around made me to believe all will be well and nothing will go wrong.
No sooner had I left home than I received a frantic call from my wife to return quickly that all hell had broken loose.
Upon getting home, I found my mother and my wife on the 3-seater going at each other with both wailing. I managed to separate them and proceeded to find the cause of the fight. I was told by the two onlookers (mother's sister and a friend) that my wife prevented my mother from taking some photos of the child dedication we did a few weeks back from the photo album. This incensed my mother and led to my wife being slapped following which all hell was broken loose. My mother even sustained a deep scratch on her face.
Now, my family members have insisted that my wife must leave the house for committing this abomination (their words, not mine). Indeed, my mother has told me in no uncertain terms that mother and son relationship has ended as long as my wife continues to remain in the house.
I love my wife and has two young children with her but this whole issue has complicated things.
What should I do? Your candid advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

Will you end up marrying your mother?

See, the fact is, your family is outta your own independent family.

Don't let anyone toil with your wife, allow them to respect her.

If they should tell you, you've been brainwashed, tell them it's none of their business.... You own your family, they own theirs .......

I've been planning big for my wife... Would not allow anyone meddle in our affairs; even my own mother... I so much respect my mum and love her, but not on matters that concerns my own family...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / AbdulRahman Musa Impregnated Inmate’s Wife, Married Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.