Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? (65763 Views)

My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Dragonking: 9:31am On Mar 28, 2015
aflyingbird:
i'm not married , now go away jor

One day you will get married and then you will have the opportunity to show your power to your MIL and husband. tongue
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Tshaphilo: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2015
I believe she has been given advise by friends before now. but if her mum had slapped her would she have retaliated? Now as a mum myself. I would advice that you take the kids to stay with your mum and let your wife go on holidays. If your mum can't bear the hassles of taking care of kids n your realizes the value of a husband both would come to their senses n when she goes to apologize peace would reign. But put this behind you she has no regards for you.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Emmydek(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2015
Some slaps are important!
This will never happen in US where i live...
Wife and husband not wife,husband and family members.....

I support that your wife. Your mum must have lied. The onlookers are good liars...

It could be solved! Tell ur mum your wife is you and you are your wife...tell ur mum to treat both of u rightly

tell ur wife ur mum is you and you are your mum....tell her to treat both of you respectfully

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by fejikudz(m): 9:34am On Mar 28, 2015
Finally, somebody with COMPLETE SET of brains
itsMrIke:

'I guess she chose not to listen'...
You seem so lackadaisical about the whole thing. So you have warned your wife to avoid such situations, you know there is no love lost between them and you still thought it wise to leave them alone?

I blame you. I blame your wife and I blame your mum a little.

Slapping your mother was completely wrong on the part of your wife, unless she would tell me that she slaps her own mother in retaliation too.

You didn't even mention if and how you have reprimanded your wife for what she did. You seem not concerned with how grave her actions were. You are even dissociating yourself from the abomination claim. You try well well. Continue letting your wife think she is Tatiana Ali, well done!!

Oga, my suggestion is going to be harsh. You must 'handle' your wife. Get me right. Your mum will find it hard to forgive her, unless she knows/thinks you have punished your wife in some way. So my advice is that you ask your wife to go to her parents for a while, let her parents know what she did and have them beg on her behalf. She should remain there while you invite you mum to spend the weekend with you and the kid/s. Use the alone time to beg your mum. Invite ur in-laws to meet and beg her in your place. The you can invite your wife to come and reconcile with her there.

Don't take your wife to you mother's house, I use God name take beg you!!! With what women do these days in anger!!

I wish you good luck!!!
Op take this advice

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kliffo(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

I'm sorry for you OP. There is no woman on earth that will slap my mother and go scot free.

What am I even saying? I trust my momma like fire. She would have probably maimed her before I return.

But I understand that not all women are hot blooded and hot tempered like mine grin Howerver, what your wife did was uncalled for. What a travesty! This is your chance to prove you are the owner of the house. Send the hot blooded woman packing! Nollywood corruption.

If you don't teach sense into her now, it will happen again. and ultimately it will descend to the point where your kids will not be allowed to visit your mom or even touch or talk to her. Whatever you do, be sturdy about it. Send her packing, back to her parents. Her parents should tender an apology. Ask your hot blooded wife how she will feel if you land 3 hot slaps on the eldest member of her family or either of her parents.

Hypocritical short thinking people everywhere. By the way, this story looks perfect for a [b]Nollywood
script.

Cc: Safari29

PS: If this happened during the middle ages, the OP would have been ordered to gut his wife.
[/b]

So you would be proud of a mother that goes about slapping people who refuse to give her their things? Op's mother is very wrong to have slapped the daughter in law. It was within the wife's right to declinre to give the MIL the pics. A decent woman would have taken the matter up with the son, rather than bullying and beating up the DIl. @ op, caution your wife and call your moms bluff. It is still part of the bullying. You should stand by your wife on this.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by pragmatistm(m): 9:36am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

I'm sorry for you OP. There is no woman on earth that will slap my mother and go scot free.

What am I even saying? I trust my momma like fire. She would have probably maimed her before I return.

But I understand that not all women are hot blooded and hot tempered like mine grin Howerver, what your wife did was uncalled for. What a travesty! This is your chance to prove you are the owner of the house. Send the hot blooded woman packing! Nollywood corruption.

If you don't teach sense into her now, it will happen again. and ultimately it will descend to the point where your kids will not be allowed to visit your mom or even touch or talk to her. Whatever you do, be sturdy about it. Send her packing, back to her parents. Her parents should tender an apology. Ask your hot blooded wife how she will feel if you land 3 hot slaps on the eldest member of her family or either of her parents.

Hypocritical short thinking people everywhere. By the way, this story looks perfect for a Nollywood script.

Cc: Safari29

PS: If this happened during the middle ages, the OP would have been ordered to gut his wife.
Haba! Did u actually read the story? Did u read who slapped who? What will u gain if u succeed in breaking the op's home? Na wa for u oo.

@op, both your mother and wife have acted wrongly. Your mother does not have any right slapping an adult under her roof. No matter what the problem between them is, she did wrong by slapping your wife. She should have waited for you to come back and narrate the issue to you. Also she does not have the right to demand that you send your wife away. No. You have that right and that under one condition by the holy Bible:infidelity. So if your wife fought your mother is not enough reason for sending her away.

Your wife too was a disgrace to you. For her to enter into struggle with your mother is a no no no. She acted foolishly. She has forgotten that your mother is also now her mother. Can she do that to her own biological mother?

My advice: pray about the matter. Then call your wife to order. Ask her to kneel down and apologize to mama even shedding sincere tears before her. Whether your mother accepts the apology or not, your wife must do it. But if mother does not accept the apology go to her a second and possibly a third time. Then leave matter. DONT EVER THINK OF SENDING YOUR WIFE AWAY. Your mother cannot be your wife.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by ireneidiva(f): 9:37am On Mar 28, 2015
Rotiix:
I just imagine what could have warranted your wife to leave scratches on your mum out of a brawl, you still have a dad? I wonder how your relatives will feel. Btw, did u meet your mannerless wife in a club or something. Its a pity when men trivialize the importance of the woman who brought and raised them up all in the name of pleasing their non-tolerant wives!
The mother that slapped her is not mannerless abi? Do you know if the wife fought in self-defence

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Raymie(m): 9:37am On Mar 28, 2015
@Filmmaker, the wife said no. Couldn't she just wait. What does she need the pictures for herself. If she needed them so badly, smartphones are a dime a dozen. She could have taken a pic of the pic and moved on. Trying to absolve the OP's mum of blame is not helping the OP. The wife you're antagonising here is funnily enough the one most open to reconciliation, meaning she has admitted her wrongdoing. I love my mum very much. She has sacrificed a lot for me and will forever be relevant in my life. But she has her limits as well. And thankfully, she's sound enough to realize that. So @OP like many of us have earlier mentioned, seek out reconciliation between the feuding parties. BUT, your mother's condition MUST not stand. I'd your wife must leave, it must be your call to make, not your mother's, not your family or hers. You're the Man here. Your home is your kingdom. How you RULE determines how you WILL be perceived by outsiders.
TheFilmmaker:

Also remember to ask her how she would feel if she was denied pictures of her grandchildren.
Also teach her not to run her mouth like a sloth.
@Filmmaker, the wife said no. Couldn't she just wait. What does she need the pictures for herself. If she needed them so badly, smartphones are a dime a dozen. She could have taken a pic of the pic and moved on. And OP never mentioned running of mouth in his post so where did you get your info from? Except if you are one of the onlookers. See, trying to absolve the OP's mum of major blame is not helping the OP. She's the instigator of the whole melee for all the story is worth. The wife you're antagonising here is funnily enough the one most open to reconciliation, meaning she has realized her wrongdoing. I love my mum very much. She has sacrificed a lot for me and will forever be relevant in my life. But she has her limits as well. And thankfully, she's sound enough to realize that. So @OP like many of us have earlier mentioned, seek out reconciliation between the feuding parties. BUT, your mother's condition MUST not stand. If your wife must leave, it must be your call to make, not your mother's, not your family or hers. You're the MAN here. Your home is your kingdom. How you RULE determines how you WILL be perceived by outsiders.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by ireneidiva(f): 9:38am On Mar 28, 2015
Tshaphilo:
I believe she has been given advise by friends before now. but if her mum had slapped her would she have retaliated? Now as a mum myself. I would advice that you take the kids to stay with your mum and let your wife go on holidays. If your mum can't bear the hassles of taking care of kids n your realizes the value of a husband both would come to their senses n when she goes to apologize peace would reign. But put this behind you she has no regards for you.
What are you even saying?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by bugativeron: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2015
Bros I pity you. You dont av a good wife and probably good mother. And I guess you must av been a weakling. You need to be assertive and prayerful.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Rotiix(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2015
ireneidiva:

The mother that slapped her is not mannerless abi? Do you know if the wife fought in self-defence
Can the wife fight her own mother in self defence? I'm sure a morally upright lady won't. Why couldn't she see the MIL as her own mother, which is actually how it suppose to be!
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Agreed she shouldn't have retaliated, but take note that different people have different temperament...the OP's house is his wife's Territory...it's her domain, you can't go to a married woman's house and abuse her na irrespective of whatever you are to the husband.... it's not done!!

The OPs wife might be a tempramental person, doesn't take shii from anyone (like my mum)....and to think she was slapped in the presence of visitors fa!!.... no na!!.. haba!.. MIL went too far...... there are some wives who'll still kiss Mama's feet after the slap cos they don't want trouble.

And who makes those from the husband's side to be cognizant of the bolded? It is the husband. You don't think that the leverage the man will use to talk to his mom has been greatly reduced because his wife was physical with his mom? You don't think that after the MIL slapped her, and she gets angry, maybe even yell at the MIL, and walk to her room and call her husband to come back home, that it would have put the MIL in a worse light than we, including her son, see it now?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
MadCow1:

Me?

Suffered abuse?

From my mother?

Or whose mother abused me?

grin

Nah hommie.. My mother was the ultimate in women. Nobody comes close. A Lioness towards her kids, an eagle towards her husband. I grew up in the perfect home. Never once saw my father hit my mother, only once did I ever witness my father take sides with a Pastor against his wife and he saw the end result, made his peace with his wife and it has never repeated itself till tomorrow. My parents are the ideal model for what a good and sound marriage should be.

That said; My mother also taught me the importance of a wife to a man. She always taught me to treat my wife the same way I saw my father treat her. Though we are close, she knows that my wife comes first. My mother taught me to never place anybody including her above my wife. My mother taught me to love and cover my wife jealously like a mother would her child. My mother also taught me not to hit my wife.

Now if you are a mummy's boy, please be that as I am also a mummy's boy. But if you can't tell that your wife comes before your mother, then you may want to go ask your mother if her husband (your father) was her twin brother that she married.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by creepsyme(f): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2015
while your mum was overzealous, ur wife over reacted, your mum shuld have accorded ur wife the respect of asking for the pic instead of taking dem herself from d album. been dat dey hardly get along u shuldnt have left them all by theirselves. this is the conclusion of the matther; your mother is to be blame and pls dont send your wife away.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Ndeewonu: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2015
THE THREE OF YOU HAVE BLAMES AND LACK WISDOM...

Your Wife:
1. Where do you come from?
2. What does the culture say about a wife fighting her mother inlaw? Some cultures (just like wife's infidelity) do not take wife fighting hubby/inlaws lightly!
3. Does your wife know about it?
4. Why would she fight back, even when slapped; that is a slight on her husband!
5. Sad, she might be asked to go, or do some 'rituals' (as simple as buying things for and begging your mum for forgiveness; it might even go beyond that) might be involved.
6. Why did your wife not tell you (phone) instead, if for any reason (perhaps, your mother is a "witch!" ) your mum's request should be turned down?

Your Mother:
1. Why did your mother not ask you for the pictures instead, knowing the relationship between her and your wife? That is also disrespect for you;
2. Why did your mum slap your wife? Another disrespect for you!
3. Is she the "Patience Ozokwor" type?

You:
1. Knowing that the relationship between your wife and your mother is not very good, why leave the two of them "unsupervised" and "unmonitored"?
2. Why did you not know that your mother would need your child dedication picture, and send some to her;
3. You appear to be mummy's boy
4. It appears you do NOT yet know the two women in your life very well (some wives are canternkerous, so also some mothers)

You need to grow up!

Finally, it does appear this is the kind of marriage that holds even when parents do not give their consent; that must be why every family is against your wife. You need to ask yourself certain questions. This is Africa; more so, Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by blessedman75: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2015
According to u, it did not start today but u actually treated it with lavity. Ordinarily, it's not a big deal for ur mum to collect d pictures cos there's always another avenue to replace the pix bt cos of d seed of hatred which u never bother to end made ur wife to react that way. Nevertheless, pray and at d same time, leave d home, put off ur phone n gt a place nt too far frm ur home bt don't allow any1 to see u. U ll discover that both ur mum and wife ll end up looking for u together after which, d peace talk.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 28, 2015
who says i even want to get married sef ? all these marriage wahala roaming about . single n content cool cool undecided undecided

Dragonking:

One day you will get married and then you will have the opportunity to show your power to your MIL and husband. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Mintayo(m): 9:46am On Mar 28, 2015
Op, your mum did bad, How could she slap your wife?
No matter What your wife does, your mother has no right to slap, that's an insult to you!
She should v have come to you for the pictures, and I believe she knew your wife will not want to part with the pictures, hence her coming to pick fight with her friend and your sister!
Your wife should apologize to her and that ends there please, and don't listen to the people saying you should leave your wife, your mum's time will soon be up and it will soon be you and your wife, don't let your mother or anyone destroy your home!
If your mum doesn't accept the apology but insisting on your wife leaving, please don't listen to her, she either accept the apology or forget it!

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by ireneidiva(f): 9:47am On Mar 28, 2015
Rotiix:

Can the wife fight her own mother in self defence? I'm sure a morally upright lady won't. Why couldn't she see the MIL as her own mother, which is actually how it suppose to be!
How can a mother slap her married daughter the mother deserves a slap in return!

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by otr1(m): 9:48am On Mar 28, 2015
My wife lay her hands on my Mother just because she wanted take a photo of her Grand child?
Are we talking about my Mother, the first Woman in my life?
The Woman that can never divorce me?
You don't want to hear my advice, but after God, it's my Mother, then my Mother, then again my Mother, before anyone else.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2015
And Op, whatever issues your Wife and your mother has, sort it out. You knew fully well that they were not on good terms. You allowed their pretences to deceive you. Dnt you know women pretend around people? Your wife and your mother were jovial with each other simply because you were there. You could have stayed behind till they left. Who leaves two people who are not in good terms in the same house? Only a foolish person! This should be a lesson for you. Find out the reasons why your wife refused giving those pics to your mother and get to the bottom of it. If it is beyond you, please try to keep boundaries between the two to avoid future fracas. Learn to keep your wife and mother where they belong.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by dejol88: 9:51am On Mar 28, 2015
Op i blame you for this, na u don allow your wife downgrade your mama from the outset. No woman born on earth would even nurse the idea let alone carrying out the act for any reason slap or beat my mum .The best she would do is for her to wait for my arrival and i will take appropriate actions .From d day she enter my house she go don get d message if i no fit slap her mama she no fit tu.She go first go on loan to her papa house first for 3Months before returning wu born d baga way go slap my mama.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by temmym4(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2015
on no account should your wife ever raise her hands on your mother. she should know your mum is also hers, any respect she gives her own mum should be given to yours.
Let me ask you, did u lay the foundation of your relationship well most especially concerning your mother with your wife?
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by pickabeau1: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2015
Shollypopzz:
@op: Why do you think your wife refused your mother those pictures? Did she tell you why?

Does your wife believe in 'jaz'? Does she believe that your family dabbles in 'jaz'?

Can you answer this question

Perfectionist
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 9:54am On Mar 28, 2015
In a home, the man is king and the woman queen. When one spouse is not around, the other spouse decides what happen. The wife refused the mother in law from taking the picture and that stands at least until the husband comes back. Being elderly does not give you the right to behave irresponsibly and disrespectful and still expect respect unless you have been diagnosed with dementia. Op your mum was very very wrong to slap your wife. It's your wife's home and in your absence what she says stands. Your wife did not handle it in the best way though. If your father in law came to your house and did exactly what your mum did, will you like it? somehow, in Nigeria, a wife is not respected but is expected to respect every body. Your mum has no right to demand that you divorce your wife. She left her home and slapped your wife in her home. That is just unacceptable. Both women need to apologize to each other.

I find it funny when people keep saying send her away or to her parents house. Do people mean divorce her or they are still people who actually send her to their parents house?

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by iiichidodo: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

[s]
Me?

Suffered abuse?

From my mother?

Or whose mother abused me?

grin

Nah hommie.. My mother was the ultimate in women. Nobody comes close. A Lioness towards her kids, an eagle towards her husband. I grew up in the perfect home. Never once saw my father hit my mother, only once did I ever witness my father take sides with a Pastor against his wife and he saw the end result, made his peace with his wife and it has never repeated itself till tomorrow. My parents are the ideal model for what a good and sound marriage should be.

That said; My mother also taught me the importance of a wife to a man. She always taught me to treat my wife the same way I saw my father treat her. Though we are close, she knows that my wife comes first. My mother taught me to never place anybody including her above my wife. My mother taught me to love and cover my wife jealously like a mother would her child. My mother also taught me not to hit my wife.

Now if you are a mummy's boy, please be that as I am also a mummy's boy. But if you can't tell that your wife comes before your mother, then you may want to go ask your mother if her husband (your father) was her twin brother that she married. [/s]
Psychoanalyzing this, we can observe where the wuss gene sprung off from to warrant all these "my wife is my life my mother can go to hell" nonsense. Ofcourse you are your hen-pecked( woman wrapper) father's son.... A flaming bastard would have had bigger balls and manhood.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by allcomage: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2015
anitank:
Mother in-laws can be very wicked and controlling. As far as I'm concerned your wife can't be blamed at all, she must have been pushed too hard she couldn't take it any longer. What did your mother come to your house with her sister and friend to do? They came to start a fight! And they patiently waited for you to leave the house to initiate one. I'm glad she was strong enough to show them who the boss was

If your wife didn't respect you or your mother, she wouldn't have called you before the fight escalated, my opinion. Mother in-laws should learn to stop sticking their noses where they don't belong, not every wife cares about tradition.

If your mother cannot love and respect your wife after she's had two of her grandchildren, then she shouldn't expect same from her. She can't keep playing the perfect wife forever
Am sorry you sounded you were from a violent or broken home. Easily picking fight with your mil cos pics is despicable. Wisdom is profitable. She should have waited and inform the husband that mil took the best picture which cannot be reprinted? Can the husband fight with his mil over such? To me the lady didn't act maturely. What if the mil fainted,injured seriously or even died in the process,would you say the pictures would worth the wahala she will find herself? Respect for elders and inlaws is traditional in Africa and no modernity will just wish it away. Though I don't support the action of mil but the dil took the greater blame. Op give this reasonable time,talk to your mum as mom and son,apologize to her for your wife's action and let she be ready if she is still your mum and still loves you and your kids to accept her dil apology. Tell her dil deeply regretted her action . Then your wife should genuinely apologise to her. Tell your wife not to do such without having you in the picture. You need your wife and mother in your life to have a fulfilled married life.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by madeinnigeria: 9:58am On Mar 28, 2015
But why will your mom come visiting with her sister and a friend again? Was she planning to come and fight? Why will you leave your wife alone in the house to go service your car when you know something might happen... Some guys no dey try sha... Why does your mum think she has the right to demand for pictures of your kids from you wife.. Even if she needs pictures she should have maybe asked you and if you willing to codedly give her its your biz..... Inlaws should learn how to respect their positions.... Shes you mum but you are married with kids delivered to by you and your wife not your mum bro.... Pls learn to stick up for your family

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Thunder04(m): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2015
lonelydora:

They thought MIL would give her the beating of her life. If I happened to be the Op, slapping my wife in front of those ladies will make me go gaga. I think it's a planned deal. Wife is 100% correct by slapping back. We all have a pride to a protect.
so anybody can slap ur mum cos he or she hv pride to protect she should go nd slap her mum not mine,do u normally smoke weed i guess yes nd for ur informatn nobody i said nobody can slap my mum talkless of mannerless wife,if is her mother dat slap her will she slap her back cos she has stupid pride to protect, get some life dude.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by meteor(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2015
If there are elderly people in your family who command your mum's respect, and her Pastor if she's a Christian; who understand that for the sake of your kids divorce is not a good option; who also understand that your mum and your wife have their own fault; meet them and explain everything to them. Let them accompany, after you apologize to her on behalf of yourself and your wife, let these ones talk to your mother frankly. Afterwards take your wife to also apologize to her. I believe these measures should calm her nerves and make her forgive. This matter has gone beyond what you can handle silently, if there are people who wife respect and who can talk sense into your wife, report to them and let them do so. I wish you luck
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

My take..

First and foremost Sir, you are a married man and your loyalty is to your wife and kids not your mother. This is the harsh and hard truth.

Secondly your mother has the least right when it comes to making demands in your matrimonial home. The mother of the baby refused to give her pictures of the baby and she has every right to do so because she is the mother. Remember that your mother's beef with your wife stems primarily from the fact that she is your mother so technically she is being served with her own medicine. The photographs are of your child and if your mother wanted any of them, she should have asked your wife or your permission first, not to proceed to take it without her consent.

And the fact that your mother threw the first slap is even most shocking to me. Some wives would have laid her out with one blow. Your wife has every right to protect herself in her house from anybody including you. Let me make it clear; The intruder here is your mum, the person who instigated the fight is your mum, the person who threw the first blow is your mum, the person who had the right to give out photos of the baby is your wife and if your mum got scratched in the process it was as a result of your mother's failure to act with maturity. She could have waited for your return to ask for the photos but rather she took it upon herself to assault your wife and got what she had coming.

Finally, if all efforts to genuinely broker peace fails, then in the interest of your immediate family, keep your mother in her home and keep your wife in hers. Nothing says they must be friends. But in all, your primary interest should be towards your wife not your mother.

Word

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:
Nairalanders, I'm in a quagmire! About one week ago, my mother came to visit my family with her sister and a friend. After the preliminary greetings and felicitations, I proceeded to take leave of my guests in order to go and service my car, leaving them in the hands of my wife after having provided some refreshments for them.
Now, my wife and mother have no love lost between them and barely get along but the joviality they displayed together in my presence combined with the fact that my mother's sister and friend were also around made me to believe all will be well and nothing will go wrong.
No sooner had I left home than I received a frantic call from my wife to return quickly that all hell had broken loose.
Upon getting home, I found my mother and my wife on the 3-seater going at each other with both wailing. I managed to separate them and proceeded to find the cause of the fight. I was told by the two onlookers (mother's sister and a friend) that my wife prevented my mother from taking some photos of the child dedication we did a few weeks back from the photo album. This incensed my mother and led to my wife being slapped following which all hell was broken loose. My mother even sustained a deep scratch on her face.
Now, my family members have insisted that my wife must leave the house for committing this abomination (their words, not mine). Indeed, my mother has told me in no uncertain terms that mother and son relationship has ended as long as my wife continues to remain in the house.
I love my wife and has two young children with her but this whole issue has complicated things.
What should I do? Your candid advice and suggestions will be appreciated.
while your wife was wrong to have fought physically with your mom, ur mom shld also try respecting herself so she can be respected. Some MIL these days shaaa,they can provoke ehn....one would think after what they went through with their own husband's family, they will go easy on their sons' wives. Dont even entertain the thought of sending ur wife packing. People advising u to do dat, dont they have their own spouses at home? Just get ur wife to apologise to ur mom, calm ur mom down then protect ur wife

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / AbdulRahman Musa Impregnated Inmate’s Wife, Married Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.