Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? (65754 Views)

My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by pressplay55: 10:04am On Mar 28, 2015
ZACHIE:
Yeah, kinda complicated considering Mother-Son bond but, a few things need to be got straight.

One, by what magic was your wife able to phone you while battling with your mother on the sofa?

Aside that however, if indeed your Mum asked to be given those pictures, your wife has no choice but to give her, after all, you call always reprint them.
EVEN If she didn`t demand for the pictures and took them, your wife still should sheathe her bad manners and for the sake of peace, give her the pictures.

Nonissue.

But, since she has no respect left whatsoever for your Mum and your Mum wouldn't trade her pride for peace, you may need to play the Devil,s advocacy here.

Talk to the both of them as candidly as possible. No stories.

Tell them how much you love them both. And how much you want them in your life.
But that if they continue to live like mutual enemies, YOU the MAN WILL BE GONE.

GONE FOR THE 2 OF THEM TO EAT THEMSELVES UP.
nice one bro, you have nailed it,
atleast the wife should have given his mother the said photo
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by zeeek(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

We probably have different family backgrounds and one of the moral tenets of my family (not married yet) is to shun hypocrisy. That it.

We shun hypocrisy. I will never ever ever ever slap my mother. Nor another person's mother. I, therefore, will never condone such.

I don't know about you. If she can slap your mother, then you can slap your mother too. Savvy?
.but your wife z. Sombdy's mother,does she deserve d slap?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 28, 2015
My MIL once cald me a witch for smthg dt was entirely nt my fault I was pained bt i didnt show ha immediately I even tld ha tank u n lft ha presence I kept to my room until ha son came bc he noticed smthg was wrong n didnt ask until in d middle of d nyt I narrated evrythg dt hapnd n he apologized I dnt knw wat he tld hs moda bt since den if she has issues she goes through hm to avoid stories dt touch
Yes d MIL went too far bt wif shldnt v fought ha MIL she has to apologize seriously den wen evrythg is ova d op has to show evrybdy hs boundary n whoever croses dt boundary has herself to blame

My 2 cent

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by lonelydora: 10:06am On Mar 28, 2015
Thunder04:
so anybody can slap ur mum cos he or she hv pride to protect she should go nd slap her mum not mine,do u normally smoke weed i guess yes nd for ur informatn nobody i said nobody can slap my mum talkless of mannerless wife,if is her mother dat slap her will she slap her back cos she has stupid pride to protect, get some life dude.

My issue is slapping her in front of her visitors. My mum will not even behave like this in the first place. So no need for anybody slapping her.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by crisycent: 10:06am On Mar 28, 2015
Bruv, you are indeed in a quagmire. My father once told me that any child that sees someone beating up or fighting his father/mother and goes there to start asking questions, that child is a FOOL.

If you came in and slapped your wife first before asking anything, things would have been different. Your mother would have not threaten to cut ties with you. She would have used that as a leverage that you put her first. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying asking questions is wrong. But again, I don't know the kind of mother you have, wether she's a trouble maker or not.

But what will warrant your wife to even start a fight with your mother? That's a big insult!!! Are you sure you have not been jazzed? No offence bruv. I'm just trying to imagine the nonsense because of pictures.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by psychomotor: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2015
What did the two popular holy books say about the treatment of elderly ones?.Only God knows what's wrong with DIL of our time.What's the big deal in a MIL wanting to take pictures from the album?.Would she have denied her mother if she wanted thesame?.Can she tolerate it if you insulted her mother not to talk of beating her?.My prayer is that she gets a DIL that will treat her thesame way she treated her MIL..

perfectionist:
Nairalanders, I'm in a quagmire! About one week ago, my mother came to visit my family with her sister and a friend. After the preliminary greetings and felicitations, I proceeded to take leave of my guests in order to go and service my car, leaving them in the hands of my wife after having provided some refreshments for them.
Now, my wife and mother have no love lost between them and barely get along but the joviality they displayed together in my presence combined with the fact that my mother's sister and friend were also around made me to believe all will be well and nothing will go wrong.
No sooner had I left home than I received a frantic call from my wife to return quickly that all hell had broken loose.
Upon getting home, I found my mother and my wife on the 3-seater going at each other with both wailing. I managed to separate them and proceeded to find the cause of the fight. I was told by the two onlookers (mother's sister and a friend) that my wife prevented my mother from taking some photos of the child dedication we did a few weeks back from the photo album. This incensed my mother and led to my wife being slapped following which all hell was broken loose. My mother even sustained a deep scratch on her face.
Now, my family members have insisted that my wife must leave the house for committing this abomination (their words, not mine). Indeed, my mother has told me in no uncertain terms that mother and son relationship has ended as long as my wife continues to remain in the house.
I love my wife and has two young children with her but this whole issue has complicated things.
What should I do? Your candid advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 28, 2015
moca:
Mr perfectionist, u r a man.
Sentiments aside, u wouldn't and shouldn't have left them cos u know they r volcanoes waiting to explode.

Sentiments aside too, ur mother didntt act her age. She is supposed to let that act glide and approach u for a picture when she sees u.
So because ur wife refused to give her a picture,that gives her the right to slap her?
Does she slap u carelessly anytime u or uur siblings go against her wish or is it just because she is the wife,an outsider and a slave according to some culture(yep I know our culture and history very well)
And she didn't respect u nor those that came with her.
As for me, she is grounded.

Now coming to ur wife.
She doesn't have decorum. Behaves like agbero. Disrespected her house, husband,her guests and family.
U don't nib that childish act,she will take it as a clue to explode.
Yep, she has whatever grudge against ur mother. Fine but she would hv respected u and if she can't bear to sit and wait for u,she should have gone out to breathe fresh her.
That might cool her down.
It's not all times we r confronted that we show we are strong and have no fear.
Wisdom is profitable to all iff applied well.

She don't wanna give ur mum picture and I don't ever blame her cos she has her reasons and the baby is hers. She should hv told mama that u will bring it to her. Find one useless but smart excuse and give her.

Assuming it's me,as soon as mama slaped me,i will carry my baby and leave the house untill u come back buut she has lost my respect forever.

So as a man, don't do blame game. The two are at fault. Be stern and tell ur mum she crossed the boundary.
It's bc of our useless tradition else she and ur wife are supposed to apologize to each other,
But the culture I know, wifey must kneel down and buy some stuffs for appeasement while mama will go free.
So guy, go and put ur house in order b4 it burns everybody down.

Gbam!! This ridicuous culture we have of wives constantly appeasing MILs is another root cause of these rifts. people believe wives shouldnt be regarded as anything but they must worship their MILs and swallow all forms of abuse from them regardless of whether their MILs are breaking the marriages. The same abuse that FILs cannot met on their husbands. Can any man accept any form of interference from his father in law? NEVER!! But MILs are allowed to interfere!! Do you see FILs going about formenting trouble? This Op has not set proper boundaries in his home. The Op didnt do a good job handling these two women at all!!! If Only men would place their wives and mothers where they belong, all these rifts will reduce.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Reaper231(m): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2015
ZACHIE:

PERFECTIONST......haha what a moniker.
You are perfect, you dont need any advice from anyone jorr grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Being a perfectionist doesn't translate into being perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2015
xdos:
The truth...
What God has joined together, let no man put asunder. No matter how good a MIL is or a DIL is, they cannot live together. One thing I have discovered is, women are territorial in nature.
For me.. My mum will leave my house that minute. She has no right whatsoever to touch my wife or ask me to send her packing. What is she trying to do? run my house for me?.. She is more like trying to tell you that you are not man enough... Your mum's authority ends in her husband's house.
After she must have left my house, I'll now talk to my wife... I'll rebuke her for fighting with an elderly woman.. For her to fight with my mum is purely lack of respect for me... She would have simply gone to her room and wait for me to come back and handle the issue myself.

I wont send her packing becos my mum said so.. I wont rebuke her in my mum's presence... In all.. Wisdom is profitable to direct!

When we read comments like this, it restores hope.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by xtervaganza(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2015
Your wife is a classless idiot and should be dealt with thoroughly if I were you

If u you don't want to send her packing tell her to go apologise ti your mom. But if she feels too big to apologise to your mom then she's a goner
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2015
Xtfield:
FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO THE WIFE. Let your mother go. She is someone else's wife.

GBAM!! Africans dnt like this scripture and that is why there are rifts.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Thunder04(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2015
aswani:
If this is a true story then your wife has 99% of blame.

She is so attached to an ordinary picture that she is putting you in such a difficult position. Where is the maturity in telling you when you return that a picture she likes has been taken and she will like you to retrieve it? I am sure she knows how your mum feels about her and she should be sensible enough to always be on alert for situations that can escalate such as this.

Sometimes some people deserve terrible things happening to them to put their lives in perspective. Ordinary picture is not what should be so important.

And don't listen to al these people pointing fingers at your mum. They won't try it in their own lives because they know the consequences.

The 1% blame of your mum is that she should have gone home rather than slap your wife.

Don't leave your wife for the sake of your children. Take the whole damn album to your mum and let her keep the thing.

In time she will mellow and her relationship with your wife will get better. You can't be doing WWF with your mother-in-law and expect all hell not to break lose regardless of the cause.

One more time, ignore all these so called "it is your wife's matrimonial home" women. This is real life here, not Mills and Boons or some other fantasist nonsense,
I like ur point of veiw no matter wat she hv no right to slap ur mum back nd for all dos suportn d wife dat she do d right thing dey hvnt try to beat dere mother in law and dere husband hvnt report dat dere wife beat dere mum wen he is not arround dnt let dem use u as stupid experiment #saynotomilbeater.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by kendrick9(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2015
pendy79:
@ perfectionist reading some of the comments here will make you lose both ways if you don't handle this properly.

Most of the ladies advising you here hate and wish their mother in law should just die so they vent their frustration with the kind of silly advise they are giving you.

Bo wo fun Iya re, Respect your mother is written in all books of God. Will your wife fight with her own mum.for slapping her? No reasonable woman will raise her hands against her husband's younger siblings not to talk of his mum.
Appeal to your wife to go her parents temporarily while you resolve with your mum, her anger will go down if she know she out of the house even temporal that will make her feel respected and make your wife know she went too far.

While she's with her folks, get her father or mum or any member of her family, your pastor, an elder from your mother's family and any of your mum's close friend to appease and beg your mother.

Don't side with a woman who COULD RAISE HER HAND TO YOUR MOTHER, WILL SHE SLAP HER OWN MUM? Have you fought your mum in.her presence to give her the impetus to do such a stupid act.

Someone said his father didn't relate with his mother till she died because of his wife, is that an advise from a reasonable human being?

What your mum want is RESPECT and the fact your wife toil that line of disrespect then it is appropriate you make her see how wrong she was.

God help you heal your home.
spot on.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2015
Vyolet:
The wife is not to be blamed but the mother who started the fight by slapping the DIL,why on earth should you even raise your hands at an adult.

Wifey also misbehaved and disrespected you she should have ran out of the house or locked herself in the room until you return,rather than engage in a fight like street fighter.

Verdict: get wifey to beg mama,and let sleeping dog lie.

I'm sure by now,mama would know her limits and she won't dare start any fight again.

@the bolded, of course yes. The MIL has seen that his wife can defend herself. she wont dare interfere again. Some women dnt back off until they have been disgraced! what sort of mother goes to her son's house looking for a fight? Shameful!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by blesoh(f): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2015
Why is everyone blaming d wife.
Both of them are wrong,ur mum shldnt ve slap her nd ur wife shld ve retaliated.
Beg ur mum,go wid oda pple too,tell ur wife to control her temper.
With 2kids were does ur mum wan her to go?pls wat God has join together let no man put asunder.
I ve told my mum,if my broda gets married i dont wan her to frequent their huz.period.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by iiichidodo: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2015
iiichidodo:
Psychoanalyzing this, we can observe where the wuss gene sprung off from to warrant all these "my wife is my life my mother can go to hell" nonsense. Ofcourse you are your hen pecked father's son.... A flaming bastard would have had bigger balls and manhood.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Thunder04(m): 10:25am On Mar 28, 2015
Emmydek:
Some slaps are important!
This will never happen in US where i live...
Wife and husband not wife,husband and family members.....

I support that your wife. Your mum must have lied. The onlookers are good liars...

It could be solved! Tell ur mum your wife is you and you are your wife...tell ur mum to treat both of u rightly

tell ur wife ur mum is you and you are your mum....tell her to treat both of you respectedly
His mum is a liar just as ur mum,and ur his wife beatn her mum just like ur family culture fool.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

My take..

First and foremost Sir, you are a married man and your loyalty is to your wife and kids not your mother. This is the harsh and hard truth.

Secondly your mother has the least right when it comes to making demands in your matrimonial home. The mother of the baby refused to give her pictures of the baby and she has every right to do so because she is the mother. Remember that your mother's beef with your wife stems primarily from the fact that she is your mother so technically she is being served with her own medicine. The photographs are of your child and if your mother wanted any of them, she should have asked your wife or your permission first, not to proceed to take it without her consent.

And the fact that your mother threw the first slap is even most shocking to me. Some wives would have laid her out with one blow. Your wife has every right to protect herself in her house from anybody including you. Let me make it clear; The intruder here is your mum, the person who instigated the fight is your mum, the person who threw the first blow is your mum, the person who had the right to give out photos of the baby is your wife and if your mum got scratched in the process it was as a result of your mother's failure to act with maturity. She could have waited for your return to ask for the photos but rather she took it upon herself to assault your wife and got what she had coming.

Finally, if all efforts to genuinely broker peace fails, then in the interest of your immediate family, keep your mother in her home and keep your wife in hers. Nothing says they must be friends. But in all, your primary interest should be towards your wife not your mother.

Another beautiful comment.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by pomsky: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:
Nairalanders, I'm in a quagmire! About one week ago, my mother came to visit my family with her sister and a friend. After the preliminary greetings and felicitations, I proceeded to take leave of my guests in order to go and service my car, leaving them in the hands of my wife after having provided some refreshments for them.
Now, my wife and mother have no love lost between them and barely get along but the joviality they displayed together in my presence combined with the fact that my mother's sister and friend were also around made me to believe all will be well and nothing will go wrong.
No sooner had I left home than I received a frantic call from my wife to return quickly that all hell had broken loose.
Upon getting home, I found my mother and my wife on the 3-seater going at each other with both wailing. I managed to separate them and proceeded to find the cause of the fight. I was told by the two onlookers (mother's sister and a friend) that my wife prevented my mother from taking some photos of the child dedication we did a few weeks back from the photo album. This incensed my mother and led to my wife being slapped following which all hell was broken loose. My mother even sustained a deep scratch on her face.
Now, my family members have insisted that my wife must leave the house for committing this abomination (their words, not mine). Indeed, my mother has told me in no uncertain terms that mother and son relationship has ended as long as my wife continues to remain in the house.
I love my wife and has two young children with her but this whole issue has complicated things.

.......hope you can be open-minded.
(1) your wife is intolerant and not well brought up, and she already has pre-conceived ideas of reactions to your mother. It's her type that would be hyper domineering over her sons. Why would she refuse mama from taking the pics, also how dare her raise her hand against you mother even though mama slapped her first? What virtues has she as a wife?
(2) you are a hyper woman wrapper, that's why your wife could ever think of raising her hands against your mum. If your wife's mum slapped you, would you raise a hand against her? Infact, your wife dey craze! Can she raise her arm against her own mother. It's apparent that your inlaws will have a free hand in your house, but your family-brothers, sisters, etc will not!
One day the wives of your sons will be praying they don't have a mother-in-law!
Any one who hears this story will mostly be interested in how your wife reacted to her mother-in-law.
All these girls that want to disconnect their husband's from their roots once they get married. Like if the guy fell from the sky!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Vision4God: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:

Pls value ur family. No matter wat. Correct ur wife in love, make ur mum understand dat ur hom is ur home& watever she has 2 do,pick shud b wt permission.
Pls protect ur home.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 10:29am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

My Father sent his mum packing from the house after she had blatantly refused to allow his new wife then (my mum) have any peace at home. Infact one day my grandma came from the village with a girl and started evicting my mum from the house. Needless to say my mum stood her ground and threw my grandma out of the house with the girl. When my dad returned from work and saw his mum outside, he found out what happened, gave her money to go find a hotel to stay the night and return to the village with an instruction not to return until she was ready to respect and accept his wife.

Needless to say, but after many years (over 6 years) of no communication, they reconciled and became the best of friends and became even closer than my Dad was to her.

I remember when I went through a serious fight with my mum and went to my Dad to mediate, he said something to me that I would never forget; He said I know your mum is wrong and I have told her in my own way, but if you expect me to take sides with you on this matter against my wife then you are stupider than I would have thought. My dad always made it clear that in every situation, his wife comes first even before us his kids.

That is the same mantra I hold till this day. Find a good woman and marry her and hold her close to your heart. Protect her with all you have against everyone and everything including yourself and even your kids. Never make your wife feel like she is an outsider, never take sides with anybody against her. Never reprimand her in the presence of a third party. Treat her like you would treat yourself as she is an extension of you not a third party.

Even my mother knows she can't touch my wife.

This is just lovely

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Emaprince: 10:30am On Mar 28, 2015
Why do Nigerian wives hate their inlaws? It have always been this way. If it was the wife's mother or sister, will she refuse to give her the pics? How will she feel if the husband returned a slap and fight her own father? I'm sure her brothers will visit their home to fight her husband too. She's already in trouble with her husband's familly already. Her sister inlaws will look for evry opportunity to roast her.

My mom have alwasy been there for me from day one. She suffered and made sure I got educated and become the man I am right now. She gave up a lot for me. She is the only woman I can not replace in this world. So, no woman have the right to fight her because she came into my life.

If my mom slaps you, respect yourself and walk away. Report to me when I'm back so I can deal with her myself. Because it will also be total disrespect for my mom to slap my wife but for my wife to fight her...now that's the height of disrespect!! Such woman doesn't give a flying ffuck about how the husband will feel. That wife has no home training and will surely get treated the same way by her own DIL.

Do you know how insultive it is to be beaten by the wife of that little cute boy you had in you for nine months and cried out in pain while giving birth to? That wife is in hot soup!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Emmydek(m): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2015
Thunder04:
His mum is a liar just as ur mum,and ur his wife beatn her mum just like ur family culture fool.
such an uncultured idiot.. One thing is enough to bastardize you,your English is horrid!
Keep your head between your tails and go back to where you learn and not spit out twaddle...

Renegade mongrel and a nonsensical idiot nonsense inexplicable

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

Me?

Suffered abuse?

From my mother?

Or whose mother abused me?

grin

Nah hommie.. My mother was the ultimate in women. Nobody comes close. A Lioness towards her kids, an eagle towards her husband. I grew up in the perfect home. Never once saw my father hit my mother, only once did I ever witness my father take sides with a Pastor against his wife and he saw the end result, made his peace with his wife and it has never repeated itself till tomorrow. My parents are the ideal model for what a good and sound marriage should be.

That said; My mother also taught me the importance of a wife to a man. She always taught me to treat my wife the same way I saw my father treat her. Though we are close, she knows that my wife comes first. My mother taught me to never place anybody including her above my wife. My mother taught me to love and cover my wife jealously like a mother would her child. My mother also taught me not to hit my wife.

Now if you are a mummy's boy, please be that as I am also a mummy's boy. But if you can't tell that your wife comes before your mother, then you may want to go ask your mother if her husband (your father) was her twin brother that she married.

It is obvious for everybody to see.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by plendil: 10:34am On Mar 28, 2015
WHAAAAAT wifey raising her hand on my mum?? angry shocked shocked shocked

Its bad enough that she hitting someone old enough to be her mother, but that when person happens to be her MIL (i.e the mother of her hubby!!!), then it borders on insanity. Seriously!

This na serious casala. That the incident doest do irreparable damage on the union will be by the special Grace.
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2015
aflyingbird:
why are some of y'all blaming the wife ?

OP , ur mother wanted to take the photos, but u didn't mention her wanting to print them and bring back the original. 1) ur wife had every right to prevent her from taking the photos ( they are her photos after all ), especially if there was no mention of printing. they r child dedication photos dat mean a lot to ur wife , of course she won't let anyone take them just like that . 2) ur mother had no right to slap ur wife just 'cus ur wife said she couldn't take the pictures. why hit her? she isn't ur child neither is she a little kid to be slapped anyhow. u don't put ur hands on anyone. let's be fair here : your mother initiated this fight. ur mother had her sister n friend there so of course they will take her side, ur wife is the lone ranger dat they ganged up on , but if u ask me she is the victim . they were probably looking for a fight from the start

I was afraid common sense had left the forum till I read this
Thank you Lord

Still reading

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by benedictac(f): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2015
perfectionist:

My wife would gladly do that but my mother has threatened fire and brimstone if I ever show up at her place with my wife.

Bros I feel ur pain, I even feel more for your wife coz right now she is in a state of total regret for her actions. you can't imagine what she is going thru now.

pls don't take ur wife to ur mum yet, take elders, her friends and anyone u think she will listen to and beg her before u will know the next action to take.

In as much I don't support ur wife's action, but some MIL eh, kai!
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Rotiix(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2015
ireneidiva:

How can a mother slap her married daughter the mother deserves a slap in return!
When did beating our parents back become the best way of correcting them when they stray? I'm learning this from u for the 1st time!
Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by gabbytabby: 10:39am On Mar 28, 2015
Oga why you leave? You said there is no love lost between your wife and your mum such that your mother's visit was to you and not your wifeenough not to have mummy saying who you spend your life with that you decidr. All families do quarrel. ven come with supporters club you come leave all make them kill your wife? .

Next time Oga make you stay to entertain your guests. Your wife always has to be as a minimum civil to your mum.

I am not a fan of the in law mentality that you can come into my home snd have the right to disrespect me there such that I am not feeling your mum at all at all. How can someone come into my home go into my family album and start taking photos out of it. Mum should have waited for copy to be sent to her. If there is no love lost between and I think anyone might harm my children there is no way in heaven your mum will leave that house with photos of my children.

Next time please no bail out oh.Your wife should know how to extricate herself from a potentially violent situation and never get into a fight with MIL.

If na yoruba na ya wife go go apologise but go with her. Na ya mana start wahala and you have to set the boundaries. Hopefully you are man rnouhh

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by Tbamo(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2015
1.A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife!
2. What God has joined together let no one ( MIL) put asunder!

3.Your mother came to your house, not the other way around!
4. She wanted a picture that did not belong to her!
5. She was rejected!
6. She took laws into her hands most likely insulting your wife!
7. She brought support ( your aunt and her friend)who must have joined in insulting your wife and ganged up on her
8. Your mother went further and slapped your wife!

Now at this point your mother has done three wrong things, while the only thing 'wrong' your wife has done is to reject ur mothers request for pictures

9.Now ur wife is frustrated and retaliates! Which is legal ( using a self defence argument)
Was your mother slapped by her own mother in law?
See your mother is playing on sentiments!

Right now your question does not show love for your wife! Let your mother steam after a while she will calm down! Stay with your wife! Kiss get tell her you love her and support her!

If the tables were turned and your wife's mother slapped you who do you think she would have supported! Of course it's you!

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by justmyway: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2015
In as much as the wife would have allowed the mother in law access to those pictures, I think the mother in law does not have respect for herself. The story is not even clear. Is it possible that the sister in law and their friend would just fold their hands and be watching the wife batter the mother? What am seeing here is over manipulation and toomuch interference by the mother inlaw. If the family does not like wife there is no how she will respect them, it's natural. The man should talk to them both and exercise his authority as the man of the house. His family should learn how to accept the wife and the wife should learn respect and try to overlook many things if she still wants her martiage.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2015
To those saying the wife lacks home training for slapping back, What do you call someone who gives you a slap for refusing to give them what is rightfully yours?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / AbdulRahman Musa Impregnated Inmate’s Wife, Married Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.