Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (67566 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Ministering In Makurdi, Benue / Pastor Kumuyi And Wife Visit Osinbajo In Abuja / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 8:05am On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:

why is he now changing everything now that he want to go? he never told any of his church members that those doctrine were man made, why is he saying it now?
do you know how many beautiful girls they have rendered old unmarried women?
even the laws governing marriage alone can make the man discourage
list the laws governing marriage in deeper life cause I think I know them all cause that's were I am getting married.

As for those who don't marry early, are you going to blame the church for that ? See, anything you have heard about marriage in deeper life, discard it cause even in my district, three youth workers wedded just in a month last year November. All things that you hear aren't just true.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:
that his son who married Jamaican girl, I love that guy. let him come and take over the church, we will we will sack kumuyi and turn the church to christembassey,
any pastor and old man or woman who don't like it will go away with their long skirts.
Young people are you with me?
he said it sometime back that #tradition hinders transformation. He was talking about Samuel and Eli handing over their priesthood to their sons. If you listened to that message and the undertone, it seems non of his sons will inherit the ministry. By the way, I heard the son has been restored back. Can't confirm that yet.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Gracyel(f): 8:22am On Mar 30, 2015
Hmmm.....This message sounds scary. Is it me or does the message look like Baba is leaving us soon?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Scholar8200(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2015
HighIQ:
Pastor Kumuyi said this particularly to member of the church. It shldn't be propagated to outsiders!
. Thanks a lot. It's unfortunate that the OP and others who said they were there did not remember the emphasis of Message being obedience to the Word of God we hear regularly!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Scholar8200(m): 8:25am On Mar 30, 2015
Elevation:
The service was awesome, talking about the Living Word (Jesus) and the Written word (Bible) praying always and obeying the word and meditating on the word is very powerful in a believers life, very rich sermon all you could pick out is scraping of MC? Now if you wanna get married and you start talking falsely just to avoid questioning during courtship are you now reverencing Marriage Committee more than God? these are the things and more you should watch Women ministry, if the reason for formulating the ministry is now abused and women now become heady to their husbands and worldliness begins to creep in, will you as a general overseer continue these entities (marriage committee and women ministry) Check these things, the truth has to be told THE WORLD NEEDS JESUS NO JOKES THE WORLD IS SICK.
May God Answer your Prayers!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Elevation(m): 8:26am On Mar 30, 2015
In the whole world it is only Christianity that salvation exists, the power of resurrection and redemption just Check and see now the worldly people make you feel the whole thing ends but it is a lie,Christ is not a joker I know this I have seen what he did, is doing and will do in the lives of those that trust Him,education can inform you but only Christ can transform an individual that's why you see professors misbehaving like touts sin is a universal issue that's why a universal Christ has to emerge, it is so sweet see all other pleasures are temporary (short time happiness) only spiritual things last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Elevation(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2015
This is to the fella that said no JUDGEMENT
Hebrews 9:27 And as it appointed unto men once to die, but after this the Judgement.
Revelation 20:12-13 And I saw the dead, small and great stand before God, and the books were opened and another book was opened, which is the book of life and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books according to their works and the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and he'll delivered up the dead which were in them and they were judged every man according to their works.
2Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done whether it be good or bad. I have always said,this there is no excuse for those still sinning, Christ has paid the price just surrender he will live in you, you can't live righteous on your own however you'll work out your salvation with fear and trembling (laying aside the things that easily make you sin).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Elevation(m): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
May God Answer your Prayers!
Amen and the benediction is mutual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Scholar8200(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2015
Jaydenphoenix:
As usual...we r fighting and insulting ourselves.
Lord av mercy on Nigeria and Nigerians

One thing amazes me though.....the most prosperous nations are no deeply religious.

The poorest nations r d most religious.

Food for thought
You are very correct sir. But remember that the USA and UK that we see as prosperous today, were the ones whose ancestors went as far as crossing the Ocean to preach the Gospel in the jungles of Africa, China and India and both regions (if you're familiar with Church history) were the sites of some of the Great Revivals! The fact is that people forget God when prosperity comes.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Gracyel(f): 8:35am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

I would rather be disabled than be a blind follower of Kumuyi.
Oh please Ife, dont say anything that you will regret in the future. I have been following your posts here. Its dangerous and too risky. Blasphemy is a sin against the holyspirit. I love you and thats why am saying this. Have a lovely day.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ojeyi(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

I would rather be disabled than be a blind follower of Kumuyi.

Now I see that yu r daft!..who is a follower of kumuyi..we all following Jesus!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kingphilip(m): 8:40am On Mar 30, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
so do you have a television in your house?
Yes I do
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2015
Gracyel:

Oh please Ife, dont say anything that you will regret in the future. I have been following your posts here. Its dangerous and too risky. Blasphemy is a sin against the holyspirit. I love you and thats why am saying this. Have a lovely day.

Are you seriously telling me i will regret not following the dead Jewish guy? What are you smoking?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Ekaka1(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2015
noblealuu:

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.
Spot on and case closed!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2015
ojeyi:

Yes you follow his imaginary master. You are still a slave!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Gracyel(f): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

Are you seriously telling me i will regret not following the dead Jewish guy? What are you smoking?
SMH
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2015
logoscope:
Are you a yoruba? If yes I'm sure you do believe in charms. I'm sure you also belive in magic, scorcey, etc But you don't belive in God. How ironic.

I don't believe in god,I believe in Unconditional Love.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2015
Nafikowa:
HE CARES ABOUT YOU

Tell him I am not gay
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 30, 2015
treasuredm:

D earlier u learn to use ur words properly d better for u... U must b foolish to refer to him dat way n even more foolish to say there is no judgement day... No matter ur opinions, pls don't speak ill of men of God.... Just my candid advice

Kumuyi is a pathetic old bag
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kingphilip(m): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:
that his son who married Jamaican girl, I love that guy. let him come and take over the church, we will we will sack kumuyi and turn the church to christembassey,
any pastor and old man or woman who don't like it will go away with their long skirts.
Young people are you with me?
the church isn't a family business so I don't c the possibility of him giving it to his children
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Gracyel(f): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2015
ojeyi:

My dear, dont mind the fool. The bible tells us in the book of Proverbs that such people are fools, so we already know their type. And really fools should not be given attention. Just leave him and dont argue with him. We'll just keep praying for people like him.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2015
Gracyel:

SMH

Look at how you are getting worked up by religion? Do you have any other talent?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Gracyel(f): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

Look at how you are getting worked up by religion? Do you have any other talent?
I really dont have your time, Ife. Just take care and be mindful of what you say. I dont want u getting into trouble....BTW, Jesus loves you. smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Ekaka1(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
You are very correct sir. But remember that the USA and UK that we see as prosperous today, were the ones whose ancestors went as far as crossing the Ocean to preach the Gospel in the jungles of Africa, China and India and both regions (if you're familiar with Church history) were the sites of some of the Great Revivals! The fact is that people forget God when prosperity comes.
And to add to your excellent write up, these nations are also suffering even though on the surface our brother may think they are prosperous. You cannot prosper outside God!
Their founding fathers knew this and built their nations solidly on Godly/Biblical principles. Now, they've destroyed all that and have encouraged a more circular and Godless society and going about like they got there all without God.
All you need to see to know it's not well with them is the plagues of debts, diseases and disfunctions those nations suffer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2015
okotv:
he said it sometime back that #tradition hinders transformation. He was talking about Samuel and Eli handing over their priesthood to their sons. If you listened to that message and the undertone, it seems non of his sons will inherit the ministry. By the way, I heard the son has been restored back. Can't confirm that yet.
that his son is a bad guy,
they should allow him continue to be the bad guy that he is.
must he follow his father's footstep?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2015
Gracyel:

I really dont have your time, Ife. Just take care and be mindful of what you say. I dont want u getting into trouble....BTW, Jesus loves you. smiley

I don't love Jesus,I love women.thank you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by jbaby265(f): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

Yes no judgement. That is a fabricated lie believed by religious slaves.

hmmmm i want act as if i did not hear this
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:

that his son is a bad guy,
they should allow him continue to be the bad guy that he is.
must he follow his father's footstep?
he repented and realised his fault and who is man to judge him ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 9:15am On Mar 30, 2015
okotv:
list the laws governing marriage in deeper life cause I think I know them all cause that's were I am getting married.

As for those who don't marry early, are you going to blame the church for that ? See, anything you have heard about marriage in deeper life, discard it cause even in my district, three youth workers wedded just in a month last year November. All things that you hear aren't just true.
that prospective couples should not visit each, should not hold hands, should be talking to each other at open places, possibly places where they can be monitored by marriage councellors.
they should not sit together in church, they should not kiss.
all these should be observed before they are finally pronounced husband and wife.
My God!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 9:20am On Mar 30, 2015
okotv:
he repented and realised his fault and who is man to judge him ?
it's a lie, he was influenced by what people in church will say. Right inside him, what he want is to be free someday
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by sweetstuff20(f): 9:28am On Mar 30, 2015
MAYOWAAK:
The trouble that every religion encounters is that the answers it provides today are challenged by new human awareness that comes into being tomorrow. Adherents of every religion are in constant struggle to reinterpret their religion to keep it relevant. A religion dies when it can no longer be bent to explain today's world within the context of its original precepts.

The nature of religion, its penchant for indoctrination, abhors flexibility. Its integrity rests on rigidity and frugality. But because it is a human institution, the pull to change and to adjust to new realities exerts pressure on religion and, over time, ultimately, tears it apart.
this is one of the most intelligent comments i've read here on nairaland. Good thinking.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by zik4ever: 9:34am On Mar 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
. Thanks a lot. It's unfortunate that the OP and others who said they were there did not remember the emphasis of Message being obedience to the Word of God we hear regularly!

Thanks to you and a few persons here. I was in the service and Pastor Kumuyi is being clearly misrepresented and/or quoted out of context here. He never said and cannot scrap any Bible doctrine. He was talking of administrative issues, structures and practices in the church. He specifically mentioned the marriage committee and women ministry as examples.
It is still a settled scriptural doctrine that “the wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God” (Psalm 9:17). So if you claim you are an atheist on this forum or you are wicked (unrepentant sinner or unbeliever, backslider), your priority is to repent and be saved NOT commenting “adding sin to sin” while your eternity is uncertain and at risk. Repentance is a Bible doctrine; as restitution (returning al stolen goods); monogamy –one man, one wife till death. God exists and will judge you for your life including the comments you make here –the existence of God and judgment are Bible doctrines.
Immorality will perpetually be condemned and judged. No true Christian ministry will ever “revise” its doctrine to permit women dressing nude or half-naked, adultery, fornication and worldliness. Heaven and Hell exists and are fundamental Bible doctrines. Your denial or insulting anyone or any institution won’t change anything.
I leave you with these words from J.C.Ryle:
“I ask you to mark what I am going to say. I say it calmly, deliberately, advisedly, and with all consideration. I tell you that at this moment there are only two places in which your sins can be, and I defy the wisdom of the world to find out a third. Either your sins are upon yourself, unpardoned, unforgiven, uncleansed, unwashed away –sinking you daily nearer to hell! Or else your sins are upon Christ, taken away, forgiven, pardoned, blotted out and cleansed away by Christ’s blood!”.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! / Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’ / Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.