Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (67510 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Ministering In Makurdi, Benue / Pastor Kumuyi And Wife Visit Osinbajo In Abuja / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 30, 2015
Fruits of a Great Man of God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Vickyamiable(f): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2015
[quote author=zeb04 post=32150934]I love his preaching but he brings his own doctrine into it which is the part I hate.

Just preach God's word and not what you think is right.
Making your congregation were big skirts and looking unkempt isn't God's word. It is just your way of interpreting it and you shouldn't force your personal belief on your congregation as though it is in the bible.
Haa,pastor does not tell them to wear big clothes o.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Vickyamiable(f): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2015
[quote author=MzJackBaueress post=32151183]Change is good.

Meawhile,he should scrap the useless doctrine of not allowing his members to have television sets. I can't stand my neighbour's kids coming to my house almost everyday to watch cartoon and their parents to come watch news just because kumuyi banned them from owning television sets.
eayah,kumuyi didnt tell them not to buy tv o,they misquoted the pastor.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by shalomikc: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2015
Is piercing of the ear biblical or men's tradition? If it is biblical, then show me. We have account of those who chose to remain perpetual slaves and got their ears pierced as a mark of their perpetual slavery - Exodus 21:1-6, Deuteronomy 15:12-17. If God wants women to pierce their ears, it would have been pierced from the womb. Stop speaking againt a practice you cannot defend from the Bible. Those who stood firm by the old time practice and doctrine are not moved by modern days Church's introductions like: piercing of the ear, wedding ring, and etc. Most accepted practices in Churches/Christendom today are mere Church traditions and not Bible doctrine. Wake up to reality bro!

tintingz:
[size=14pt]So many un-biblical doctrines and traditions in Christianity and in many churches.

Imagine a deeper life member is not allowed to watch television. undecided

Females don't pierce their ears. undecided

All these man made doctrines deceiving humans, only God knows best.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Engenuo(m): 10:49am On Mar 30, 2015
noblealuu:

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.
My friend I gat ur bak on this but Doctrine is not also known as Dogma dey are 2 different tins. Doctrine is a laid down principle based or taking from d Bible like d 21 doctrines U mentioned but Dogma is like d tradition we are referring to which is laid down by different Churches as dey so wish but nt against wat d Bible preaches.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by owobumars: 10:55am On Mar 30, 2015
Do u know u can get chep data pans from p.tech communications
mtn, and glo
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat and aitel
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid for 30days
call chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by undigeh: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.

There are many things in your life you never believe. Are you not finding it impossible to believe your mother that, the man whom she introduced to you, as the one who gave her your pregnancy is your father ?

You can't believe your mother whom you know, how can you believe God whom you don't know nor His servants.
So you are a problem to your mother and the society at large.

I love you but Jesus loves you more cos he died for you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by intercom: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2015
[size=16pt]If only Half of the Generals in this nation can STAND on the Solid word of God like KUMUYI there will be total transformation[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2015
undigeh:

There are many things in your life you never believe. Are you not finding it impossible to believe your mother that, the man whom she introduced to you, as the one who gave her your pregnancy is your father ?

You can't believe your mother whom you know, how can you believe God whom you don't know nor His servants.

What has my mother got to do with the fact that Kumuyi is a con? So far you have made no sense with your 3 Paragraphs . "Jesus loves you" Jesus should save his love for the kidnapped 250 girls.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2015
undigeh:

What has my mother got to do with the fact that Kumuyi is a con. So far you have made no sense with your 3 Paragraphs other than "Jesus loves you" Jesus should save his love for the kidnapped 250 girls.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by undigeh: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
[quote author=Vickyamiable post=32163000][/quote]

Have you ever seen the portrait of any Biblical saints of old, especially women and compare them with what we have today, never the same. Have you compare the dressings that people wear today with the ones that God sees and express His indignation in the Bible,?
Exactly the same. (Read Isaiah 3:16-26)

As it was then, so it is today, if it comes to offensive, indecent and provocative dressing, women are leading and loved by men who take pleasure in the evil against their creator.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Neplusultra(f): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
U e goin nowhere Sir, we shall be alive and remain and be caught up in air to meet wit Christ wen d trumpet sounds.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by pelij18(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2015
zeb04:
I love his preaching but he brings his own doctrine into it which is the part I hate.

Just preach God's word and not what you think is right.
Making your congregation were big skirts and looking unkempt isn't God's word. It is just your way of interpreting it and you shouldn't force your personal belief on your congregation as though it is in the bible.
so they should put on mini-skirt abi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by pelij18(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
patostation:
My area of concern is where the "man of God" kept saying that "If I go" and "when I go" (which I take to mean when he dies). When that eventuality finally happens (it is inevitable for us all), Deeper Life as we know it will not be the same (another eventuality for all man-made and man-owned churches). Already the "man of God" has started sensing danger while he is still alive. That's why he has started giving warning about the kind of person he will hand over to (of course I'm convinced that he will not hand over HIS church to anyone except when death calls). My point is that Deeper Life and other "an-owned churches" will most likely break up or go into oblivion when their OWNERS die
Is this how you think? Wait a minute did redeem breakup after their founder demise?

Change your reasoning dude, God is always in control.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by pelij18(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

I would rather be disabled than be a blind follower of Kumuyi.
I see
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by pelij18(m): 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:

if deeper life babes start doing this, it will be so beautiful. the church will start growing
Start growing?, seems like you are not in this world already. Incase you dont know deeperlife is the 3rd largest church in the world, please do confirm from google before you eat me raw.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by koyyess: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2015
If not owning and watching tv, not wearing ear rings or jewelry, not wearing trousers and putting on make up(for ladies), wearing sloppy clothing etc would personally bring you closer to God, Fine! But where anyone would go wrong is when they lie by using made up 'visions' and false doctrines that any one who does any or all of the above mentioned will go to 'hell'. That itself is born out of 'deceit' and unacceptable to God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by shahydbinaliyu(m): 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2015
missross:
The members are gonna be so deep now that the women may begin to wear veils.

Fool..Like it's not in Bible to wear veil...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by koyyess: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
shalomikc:
Is piercing of the ear biblical or men's tradition? If it is biblical, then show me. We have account of those who chose to remain perpetual slaves and got their ears pierced as a mark of their perpetual slavery - Exodus 21:1-6, Deuteronomy 15:12-17. If God wants women to pierce their ears, it would have been pierced from the womb. Stop speaking againt a practice you cannot defend from the Bible. Those who stood firm by the old time practice and doctrine are not moved by modern days Church's introductions like: piercing of the ear, wedding ring, and etc. Most accepted practices in Churches/Christendom today are mere Church traditions and not Bible doctrine. Wake up to reality bro!

Go and read exodus 32vs2. The isrealite women had alwaysed been accustomed to jeweries as part of their dressing and grooming. Don't tell me that was something they learnt from the egyptians. Go back to Genesis 24vs 22 and see what the servant of abraham gave rebekah who he suspected to be the chosen wife for isaac. On no account in the bible did God ban the use of jeweries. Infact, as part of the marital custom, gold jewelries were offered to the bride. You have not been reading your bible so do the needful - make more research and enlighten your self more.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2015
pelij18:
Start growing?, seems like you are not in this world already. Incase you dont know deeperlife is the 3rd largest church in the world, please do confirm from google before you eat me raw.
i meant economic growth
you are growing in population but you are not growing economically.
the people are poor
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by pelij18(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:

i meant economic growth
you are growing in population but you are not growing economically.
the people are poor
This is serious..... Who fed you with all this trash? You'll hardly find a poor family in my own deeper life, come to think of it how did poor people raise money to build a very large and beautiful cathedral in lagos.

Most times is not good to collate info's from fake sources (you must have heard that some were), please do make out time and visit our head quarter in lagos and i believe that will do it.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by nonjebose(m): 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2015
kristen12:

I'm sure he isn't on nairaland and he definitely won't see your post. Do yourself a favour by looking for him and tell him.
perfect answer
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ladgentle(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2015
shalomikc:

bro for ur info males are not circumcised from the womb yet God wants all males circumcised.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Cashio(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2015
noblealuu:

Young man I'm nt here to engage u in any form of theatrical argument I'm not disputing the fact on what Kumuyi adumbrated as you have unequivocally posited here. Where my opinion is @ variance with u is the appelation 'doctrine' u added which is outrightly misleading and I can't shut my eyes to this false addendum grin!

For ur info, I sat under his tutulage when dis mssge was goin on 2dae! I had wanted going to Redeem Church where I hv apparently being worshipping since late Jan, '15 but decided to cast in appearance in Deeper Life for today cheesy

Please find attached the 21 Deeper Life Doctrines which are not perculiar to deeper life alone but to a number of other BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCHES out there!

The Holy Bible
The Godhead
The Virgin Birth of Jesus
Total Depravity and Guilt of All Men
Repentance
Restitution
Justification
Water Baptism
The Lord’s Supper
Entire Sanctification
Holy Ghost Baptism
Redemption, Healing and Health
Personal Evangelism
Marriage
The Rapture
The Resurrection of The Dead
The Great Tribulation
The Second Coming of Christ
Christ's Millennial Reign
The Great White Throne Judgement
The New Heaven and The New Earth
Hell

So in sum bro, traditions aren't doctrines and the former doesn't beget the latter over time!

Thank you for ur understanding, and remani blessed! cool
bro patrick obahiagbon...we know u are good but pls try and use simpler english in ur nxt argument..tenkyu
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ojeyi(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2015
Gracyel:

My dear, dont mind the fool. The bible tells us in the book of Proverbs that such people are fools, so we already know their type. And really fools should not be given attention. Just leave him and dont argue with him. We'll just keep praying for people like him.

Yu right!..He was almost getting on my nerve. Pray God helps him to realise before its too late sha!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.
i smell Jehovah witness...Revelation enqaqe ya slf wif d book of revelations...heaven nd hell is real blive it or not... wah revelations said is already manifestinq.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2015
whizzzz:
i smell Jehovah witness...Revelation enqaqe ya slf wif d book of revelations...heaven nd hell is real blive it or not... wah revelations said is already manifestinq.

Religion is false...open your eyes. Revelation/predictions are false.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2015
pelij18:
This is serious..... Who fed you with all this trash? You'll hardly find a poor family in my own deeper life, come to think of it how did poor people raise money to build a very large and beautiful cathedral in lagos.

Most times is not good to collate info's from fake sources (you must have heard that some were), please do make out time and visit our head quarter in lagos and i believe that will do it.
pls didn't be carried away by church building.
churches are build by individual donation,N5, N10, N50 donation. it does not reflect the financial networth of one person.
when you enter the church.at Lagos Ibadan express road , look at peoples eyes, they are crying, people are extremely poor.
i have been there before
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 8:02am On Mar 31, 2015
pelij18:

pls didn't be carried away by church building.
churches are build by individual donation,N5, N10, N50 donation. it does not reflect the financial networth of one person.
when you enter the church.at Lagos Ibadan express road , look at peoples eyes, they are crying, people are extremely poor.
i have been there before
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 31, 2015
ifeness:

Religion is false...open your eyes. Revelation/predictions are false.
that they point pple ar alwys misunderstandinq... i believe in Christ Jesus not Christianity...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 31, 2015
whizzzz:
that they point pple ar alwys misunderstandinq... i believe in Christ Jesus not Christianity...

Jesus or Christianity is the same thing. All of them are false.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ArcToyin(m): 11:11am On Mar 31, 2015
missross:
The members are gonna be so deep now that the women may begin to wear veils.
better, if that wont seduce or make men fall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Welcome To church Of Satan / Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City / Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.