Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents (28714 Views)

Boko Haram Member's Hand And Leg Chopped Off By Insurgents (Photos) / Nigerian Soldier Removing An Explosive Device Buried By Insurgents (photo) / Elections: Lawmaker, 8 Others Killed By Insurgents In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Ishilove: 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Alkaleri (Bauchi) – Two pregnant women gave birth to babies in the bush Sunday morning while fleeing from suspected Boko Haram insurgents that attacked Gunti Gumi village of Alkaleri Local Government area in Bauchi state.

An eye witness, Malam Bala Kurba, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the insurgents stormed the village, forcing the residents to take to their heels.

“The pregnant women were among those who fled the village. I was also in the bush when I saw a group of women battling to assist the two pregnant women deliver their babies.

“The women gave birth successfully and were taken to a nearby community, where they were kept,” said Kurba, who is the Manager of the Bauchi State government-owned Community FM Radio station in Alkaleri.

Bauchi Police Command’s spokesperson, DSP Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the attack in a statement issued on Sunday.

He said that some unknown gunmen in a convoy of 10 vehicles attacked some towns in Alkaleri and Kirfi Local Government Areas.

“Today 29/3/2015 at about 12.25 am,  unspecified numbers of unknown gunmen in a convoy of over ten vehicles, stormed many polling units in Kirfi and  Alkaleri Local Government areas,  destroying many election materials.

“The hoodlums further attacked Kirfi and Alkaleri Divisional Police Headquarters, but were repelled and pursued towards Dindima Town along Bauchi Gombe Road.

“Meanwhile, operations are still on-going .The entire surroundings have been cordoned-off by combined security forces and effort is being intensified to restore normalcy in the area.

“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and disregard rumour from mischief makers,” he said. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/women-give-birth-to-babies-in-bush-fleeing-attack-by-insurgents/

1 Like

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Kingrapha(m): 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
FTC HEHEHEHE
WE'LL TO THE TOPIC I GUESS THEY ARE BUSH BABIES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by pweetixandy: 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
God where are youu??

Women should not suffer like this now.

Seriously.
I'm saddened.
Do yu know what labour is like?
To experience it in the woods
I hate this government

It is well. Our redemption is near

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Sweetcollins: 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hmm....d name should be Ramher or Haram

1 Like

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by missbehave247(m): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hmm
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by UrennaNkoli(f): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
At least Jonathan should bring his boko boys to order. Killing those unborn kids means killing the future of Nigeria. Those kids are the future of this nation so GEJ musnt destroy the future of this country before he officially leaves Aso rock in the next few hours

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Opey4luv(m): 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nigerians!!! We'll always survive no matter the odds.

1 Like

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by ff07join14: 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nigeria. It is getting serious. Let's keep Praying for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by loomer: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
God help us
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by IamOpemipo(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
embarassed
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by omophunky(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thank god for their save delivery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by kajsa(f): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
Only God can save...
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by khassy(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
I blame APC for this

sadsadsad

5 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Apex32: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
It is well with mother nd d baby[color=#000099][/color]. Congrats
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Elzends(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
And if you give birth while on the run, my dear nah GOD win
Congrats to the women
Apc or PDP, dear lord we need a good leader

6 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by jeeqaa7(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
Great God
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by YourAncestor: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
The kids will be named George 'Bush'
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
May God keep babies and mothers.

Can't wait for the day Insurgency will be a thing of the past in this Nation.
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Jwonder(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Look at what Buhari boys are doing!!

God will judge dem

5 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Lifebender(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
#Never again will you give birth in the bush
#Never again will you be chased outta ya abode by insurgents
#Never again will a clueless man be the first person in this country
#Never again will Jonathan occupy that position for a year not to talk of 4 yrs
#Team Never Again
#No To Rigging
#Team Jonathan is out

7 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Smartresult(f): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
No matter how the situation is, God's Will will surely manifest itself.
Likes for GMB and Shares for GEJ.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
khassy:
I blame APC for this
sadsadsad
PDP is Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
YourAncestor:
The kids will be named George 'Bush'
lmaoo dude you are crazy!
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by magabounce(m): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Call the baby.. Bush baby naaa
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thank God for their safe delivery!!!
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by RotrEmmanuel: 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
BUHARI and wahala! Thank God they flee for their dear lives.

I'm happy he will loose again grin

4 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by angelTI(f): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kingrapha:
Na me giv dem belle?mtcheeewwwwww

So insensitive statement. That's bad bro

5 Likes

Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by DancingSkeleton(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
embarassed can feel d pain they went through

don't worry all dis will be a tin of d past very soon #ChangeIsHere

Sai BUHARI
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by omanifrank(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
na wa sha
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by mike404(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
pweetixandy:
God where are youu??

Women should not suffer like this now.

Seriously.
I'm saddened.
Do yu know what labour is like?
To experience it in the woods
I hate this government

It is well. Our redemption is near
Re: Women Give Birth To Babies In Bush Fleeing Attack By Insurgents by Orikinla(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
[size=28pt]I thought they said the Nigerian Army already ended the Boko Haram insurgency?[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / 'God Is A Nigerian' - Obasanjo / Akeredolu Builds New office Complex for the state Internal Revenue Service(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.